• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Magic: The Gathering

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Who likes Magic: The Gathering here? I do! My friend just got me into it. So far I've only bought 1 booster pack though...

Keitaro

Urashima
Years
I quit Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG because the game was too simple after beating the best in Canada time & time again and went back into magic. I started magic in 4th Edition but quit when Mirage came out so I forgot lot of it so really I could say that I just started back up again in 8th. I have 3 decks so far...
Type 1: Tri Deck
Extended: Blue-Green Maddness Deck
Type 2: Mirari's Wake Deck

Magic is a good game but it's too addictive so I don't suggest people to play it unless they are thinking about going pro, i'm only in it because the tournaments have cash prizes around here.

John Denver

Banned
Years
IMO, Magic the gathering is by FAR the best game out there...better than pokemon and all of those...the only reason I play pokemon is cause my parents banned Magic the Gathering from me, and Pokemon is the next best thing...

Have no doubts, if my parents let me play magic, 87.234% of my pokemon cards would be GONE!

No more.........no less........

BO ya!

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
Years
Yeah? I'm the magic player here. Just picked upone of the champion decks the other day...WAKE KILLS. :P

Anyway, I'm bringing Magic back into this dumphole here (since there's a lack of it here).

Tweak

Who likes Magic: The Gathering here? I do! My friend just got me into it. So far I've only bought 1 booster pack though...

i used to play MAGIC in 7th grade, i bought as many cards as i did pokemon cards. i love the illustrations on the MAGIC cards, dragons and such.but i stopped playing for some reason unknown. :cross-eye

Chaeran

No longer here
Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2004
I've just started to become interested in it....*sighs hopelessly*

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
Years
Hehe. No problems. I'll start with stuff. Since Mirrodin just came out, what do you think of the new set?

Years
  • Seen Mar 30, 2004
I was working on a doomed necro deck with some green beat down.. but I did not have mony for the cards I need...

Spike Razzor

"Don't argue, you failed..."
Years
I use to play in grade 5, then Pokemon and Digimon came O.o, some of my friends were playing if they were waiting to duel (YGO). They gave me a refresher course and starting today I'm back to Magic. I got a simple Blue/Green deck, nothing speacial but I can win with it so hey, may aswell use it.

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
Years
Yeah. Spikey, came back in one of the trying times of Magic. Combos everywhere and nothing REALLY tourney worthy. But blue/green is making a MAJOR comeback (I love that).

Sandstorm, you can get a reanimator deck from Berlin 2003 comemorative decks. If you use coloured sleeves, you can technically use the cards. Its a pretty good investment, since you cut down the cost by about 90% to just about 15 dollars Canadian.

Spike Razzor

"Don't argue, you failed..."
Years
Kenny_C.002 said:
Yeah. Spikey, came back in one of the trying times of Magic. Combos everywhere and nothing REALLY tourney worthy. But blue/green is making a MAJOR comeback (I love that).

Sandstorm, you can get a reanimator deck from Berlin 2003 comemorative decks. If you use coloured sleeves, you can technically use the cards. Its a pretty good investment, since you cut down the cost by about 90% to just about 15 dollars Canadian.
Sadly since I got 10 cards in my YGO deck stolen I used the blue sleeves from my machine deck and put my Magic cards in them. Because cards are hard to shuffle without them lol, my friends say I should buy a green starter deck since I got all the blue monsters I need.

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
Years
Naw. God with the Black steel black one or the white/green one from Darksteel. Black is a weenie deck (wow, weenies), and the white/green one is fun to use, not to mention myr matrix (the horrors).

Mirrodin has "Wicked Big", a pure green, anti artifact deck. I prefer the blue/black one best, since I have an affinity deck myself. :P

Years
  • Seen Mar 30, 2004
I am currently collecting the mtg books.... Yeah, I looked into the magic theme decks... I hate blue, except clone, no offense..
*Hordes his doomed necromancers.....*
I like onslaught the best.

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
Years
To Lone Sandstorm:
Hehe. Yeah, I used to think blue was so crappy. Then I started looking at Oddyssey and now I'm hooked onto blue. (Interesting note: Blue and Black are the expert's choice, green and red are the beginner's choice)

I kinda like the affinity thing, 4 colour control wasn't possible in type 2 until pretty much now, which I really like.

Have you read "The Darksteel Eye"? It's actually pretty good (i'm almost done the book). Though I think I prefer Moons of Mirrodin more.

As for my fav set: UNGLUED!!!!!!!!!!! (The chickens shall rule you all!) Apparently my quicksilver fountains with giant fans annoy the heck out of everyone. When I play it, I get the biggest target on my head. SWEET! :P

To all:
What is YOUR favourite set? How about your fav. block?

Set: Unglued
Block: Urza

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 12, 2018
woohoo i just got an akroma!!! the last booster in the box...yay!!!

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
Years
Wow. That's luck man. I gave up on trying for an Akroma. I've decided to keep on with the blue and take Akroma by...stealing methods with Memnarch. :P

ChoasTheory

Boy Mew (NOT genderless)
Years
I have been into Magic: The Gathering for a loooooooong time now. I have 3 Black Lotus cards (yes it might be illegal in the tournaments but it are the most elusive card in the game) and a lot of other stuff. if you are a beginner here is some tips.
(I cant spell so give me some leeway here XD)

If you want to buy a deck I would say that you shouldnt go with slivers shiver deck even though slivers are awsome cards they are easily won against (the exact reason no sliver deck made it in the world tournaments) all yuo need to defeat one is a simple mass destruction card such as Wrath of God wich wipes all the cards off the field.

Here is a list of all the types and what they are based on.

Forest- These are based on getting out mana fast so you can either bring out more little monsters to be annoying (such as elves XD) or gett out big monsters to wallop people.

Swamp- Hmmm these cards are kinda weird XD it is based on life drain but it kinda balances between certain stuff (quit a good type if i may say so)

Mountain- Well direct damage lol as well as they feature goblins they are awsome they work together much like elves exept have stronger monsters to were they arent 1/1 and 2/2 like slivers (the strongest sliver is sliver queen: brood mother and with a couple of these in your deck slivers are fricken sick however these are aslo mega-rare XD)

Plain- Ah well they have loads of healing cards *shrugs*

Water- Drawing more cards! bunch of those in this.

artifacts!- Yah my personle fav, you can use any color of mana to bring these out! plus most if you want an awsome card that is probably the base card to the wake deck (the deck that won the world championship!) get the card Mirari wich is in the scourge deck I think (might be wrong i got a headache lol) it lets you copy a spell and put the copy on the top of your deck get a Moments peace from the same deck as Mirari is in and that card makes it so your opponenet cant attack you his next turn then pay three use Mirari and copy it and put it ontop of your deck (behold invincability XD unless they destroy Mirari just make sure you got a whole lot of copies of A Moments Peace)
anyway I hoped I help some people (and again srrt bout spelling XD)

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 12, 2018
this is my view on types

Forest(elves, Treefolk)- Mana Helpers, attack boosters, tokens(saprolings) and Flying protection(only green flyer i know is birds of paradise)

Swamp(zombies)- draining life from both creature & player, Sacrificing, and Regeneration to annoy you

Mountain(goblins)- Haste, Burns, and attack boosters

Plain(Clerics and Soldiers)- Gain life,Toughness boosters , life preventation, and Revive creatures

Island(Wizards)- Card drawing, hand returning, and the EVIL COUNTERS!!!!!

and Mirari's in Odyssey...i think

Back