Started by Sloo August 20th, 2016 6:51 AM
  • 557 replies
Age 28
Male
Seen 3 Weeks Ago
Posted August 25th, 2019
4 posts
1.4 Years
I always avoid like the plague games with Fake Regions and Fakemons, but I think I'll make an exception with this game. I just saw it on Pikasprey's latest video (Pokemon ROM Hack Box Pt3; apparently I haven't made enough posts to create hyperlinks; this saddens me) on his Pikasprey Blue channel and it really intrigued me. At first I saw that the maps in the PokeCenters still have the Hoenn label, so I just thought I'd apply some headcanon and say it takes place in a world where Teams Aqua and Magma managed to destroy and terraform Hoenn with Groudon and Kyogre. I'll just pretend that that's the case and ignore that it takes place in Lunoh region (I shall think of it as Hoenn 2.0). As for the Fakemons since they appear late in the game and there is a good reason for them existing, it doesn't bother me so much, so I shall accept them being part of the game. I don't know if I'll catch any of them or not; I'll decide that when I finally encounter them.
Age 30
Male
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted September 5th, 2019
331 posts
9.7 Years
I always avoid like the plague games with Fake Regions and Fakemons, but I think I'll make an exception with this game. I just saw it on Pikasprey's latest video (Pokemon ROM Hack Box Pt3; apparently I haven't made enough posts to create hyperlinks; this saddens me) on his Pikasprey Blue channel and it really intrigued me. At first I saw that the maps in the PokeCenters still have the Hoenn label, so I just thought I'd apply some headcanon and say it takes place in a world where Teams Aqua and Magma managed to destroy and terraform Hoenn with Groudon and Kyogre. I'll just pretend that that's the case and ignore that it takes place in Lunoh region (I shall think of it as Hoenn 2.0). As for the Fakemons since they appear late in the game and there is a good reason for them existing, it doesn't bother me so much, so I shall accept them being part of the game. I don't know if I'll catch any of them or not; I'll decide that when I finally encounter them.
I just watched the Pikasprey video. It was pretty funny to watch him lose it at some of the madness later in the game, although he definitely triggered most of the events out of order. It starts off like a normal game and somewhat slow until a certain event happens in-game which triggers most of the nonsense. Don't take this game too seriously, just have fun.
Age 30
Male
Seen 2 Hours Ago
331 posts
9.7 Years
I’m not sure if it’s a bug or just my emulator but after the Death Star blows up and Samus ship passes the screen I get a black screen. I’m using GBA4iOS.
Sounds like a bug, I assume you are playing the latest patch. Earlier patches had a lot of issues with that event. I've always used VBA, so I don't know if GBA4iOS has any weird issues.

when i get to the death star with samus before the E4, samus finish the talk and then i can't move or do anything. Is this a glitch? can it be solved? help
Sure sounds like a glitch. Maybe try re-patching or playing on a different emulator.

where can I obtain the old rod?
I believe a man inside a building in Halle Town gives it to you (first town with the bikes), although it's been a few years.
Seen 3 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
65 posts
280 Days
Just needing confirmation, I beat the Elite Four and Champion. Other than the Ancient Key locations and catching those Pokemon, is there anything else to do? Battle Tower is one I assume, but anything else?

I don't think my opinion will change after doing the last few things in this hack, so I'll just say it now. I loved this hack. It's one of the few hacks this year where I barely got mad. Hacks sometimes have some bullcrap RNG, though that's just Pokemon in general. Annoying strategies, overly intense difficulty, buggy stuff, all kinds of issues. None of that here. This hack is one where I don't have any complaints, it's awesome. It was surprisingly a pain-free run through the Elite 4 and Champion, and I loved the choice in Champion, funny. The story is crazy, lots of twists and turns that had me flabbergasted. I enjoyed it. I saw the Pikasprey little playthrough of the game, and I hope he commits to this because there's a lot to absorb. I was set to play this eventually, but that Pikasprey video made me get to this as soon as I finished my previous hack.

I feared it would be too grindy, but I think slowly building my team helped. I had 2 pokemon for the first quarter of the game, Ralts and Eevee, eventually Gardevoir and Jolteon. It was purposeful because I wanted to get some fakemon. Once I encountered some, the team saw some additions, albeit still a slow process. By the end of the story, I had 5 mons, and had Giratina as a last minute 6th team member. I didn't even use it during the Pokemon League, so it was just a hood ornament to my team. Gardevoir, Jolteon,
Spoiler:
Omega Metroid, Plesiomon, and Missingno

I did spend some time grinding at the final quarter of the game, but it didn't take long for me, I got into it. There was some desire to get the fakemon to evolve, and grinding didn't ruin that desire. It helped too that the fakemon I grinded had low Experience totals (600k for one, 800k for another). Like a great hack with fakemon, I want to play it again just to get different team members.

Enough rambling. Great job on this hack.
Age 30
Male
Seen 2 Hours Ago
331 posts
9.7 Years
Just needing confirmation, I beat the Elite Four and Champion. Other than the Ancient Key locations and catching those Pokemon, is there anything else to do? Battle Tower is one I assume, but anything else?

I don't think my opinion will change after doing the last few things in this hack, so I'll just say it now. I loved this hack. It's one of the few hacks this year where I barely got mad. Hacks sometimes have some bullcrap RNG, though that's just Pokemon in general. Annoying strategies, overly intense difficulty, buggy stuff, all kinds of issues. None of that here. This hack is one where I don't have any complaints, it's awesome. It was surprisingly a pain-free run through the Elite 4 and Champion, and I loved the choice in Champion, funny. The story is crazy, lots of twists and turns that had me flabbergasted. I enjoyed it. I saw the Pikasprey little playthrough of the game, and I hope he commits to this because there's a lot to absorb. I was set to play this eventually, but that Pikasprey video made me get to this as soon as I finished my previous hack.

I feared it would be too grindy, but I think slowly building my team helped. I had 2 pokemon for the first quarter of the game, Ralts and Eevee, eventually Gardevoir and Jolteon. It was purposeful because I wanted to get some fakemon. Once I encountered some, the team saw some additions, albeit still a slow process. By the end of the story, I had 5 mons, and had Giratina as a last minute 6th team member. I didn't even use it during the Pokemon League, so it was just a hood ornament to my team. Gardevoir, Jolteon,
Spoiler:
Omega Metroid, Plesiomon, and Missingno

I did spend some time grinding at the final quarter of the game, but it didn't take long for me, I got into it. There was some desire to get the fakemon to evolve, and grinding didn't ruin that desire. It helped too that the fakemon I grinded had low Experience totals (600k for one, 800k for another). Like a great hack with fakemon, I want to play it again just to get different team members.

Enough rambling. Great job on this hack.
There is one more difficult battle (all level 100 pokémon), to get there you need to go South from Avington City and then East. This should be a route with a lot of dive spots, I forgot what route number it is. You'll have to go up and down through all of the dive spots to get there.
You can also catch the roaming pokémon if you haven't yet. To make it appear you will need to talk to a tv and see the "flying pokémon over hoenn" message first.

I don't think I could have asked for a more positive review. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I tried to make it difficult without being too grindy, and did some tweaking early on after releasing the game. I think the difficulty depends on what pokémon you decide to use too. Sounds like you had a strong team, the two "fakemon" you used are two of the more powerful ones.

I did make the experience totals lower on the fakemon you find later on to make it easier to grind them up to the rest of your team.
Seen 3 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
65 posts
280 Days
There is one more difficult battle (all level 100 pokémon), to get there you need to go South from Avington City and then East. This should be a route with a lot of dive spots, I forgot what route number it is. You'll have to go up and down through all of the dive spots to get there.
I just beat him. I grinded each team member, except for Giratina, all the way to level 100, at least 30 levels. Thank goodness for emulator speedup, I used the E4 for EXP and a Lucky Egg from a wild Chansey. Giratina was a sacrificial lamb for one of the final trainer's pokemon. It took several attempts, but that was a fun and challenging battle. I also caught the roaming pokemon. Once again, amazing hack.
Age 30
Male
Seen 2 Hours Ago
331 posts
9.7 Years
I just beat him. I grinded each team member, except for Giratina, all the way to level 100, at least 30 levels. Thank goodness for emulator speedup, I used the E4 for EXP and a Lucky Egg from a wild Chansey. Giratina was a sacrificial lamb for one of the final trainer's pokemon. It took several attempts, but that was a fun and challenging battle. I also caught the roaming pokemon. Once again, amazing hack.
Thank you again. I suppose you could also catch all of the fakemon and evolve them if you haven't already.
Advertiser Content