• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Masterquest (BETA 2 December 2020)

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
is there decapitalization in this and a phys/special split? Also, is there a way to properly EV train? I ask since fire red/leaf green didn't have EV reducing berries (though some say they are there just not obtainable). I'll still play this without issue but having to re-breed an entire roster of pokemon to get started on EV training is more of a hassle than its worth in my opinion.

also Is there anything like a battle frontier planned for post game? That would be fun to see.

masterquestmq

Enthusiastic Rom Hacker
Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
Double thumbs up for what you've put out so far in this game. I'm a big fan of the Gen 1 to 3 games so when I found MasterQuest & read that it contains an expanded Kanto region + a fresh story, I dove right in haha. Am curious about what you have in mind for the HM system, seeing as there wasn't any link between them & the badges so far...& no HMs found yet. Are you guys going to have HMs in the game or you'll have a game that won't require HMs for the sake of progression? Can't wait for the installment & even if it's still far away, I'm looking forward to what you do in Johto.

Thanks for the feedback. No HMs in the game as gyms are optional. We're trying to make the world as open as possible. Thinking of incorporating a ferry system to get you from island to island.

masterquestmq

Enthusiastic Rom Hacker
Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
is there decapitalization in this and a phys/special split? Also, is there a way to properly EV train? I ask since fire red/leaf green didn't have EV reducing berries (though some say they are there just not obtainable). I'll still play this without issue but having to re-breed an entire roster of pokemon to get started on EV training is more of a hassle than its worth in my opinion.

also Is there anything like a battle frontier planned for post game? That would be fun to see.

Hmm no split as of now but we won't rule it out in the future. We're making all berries obtainable however not sure if it can affect EV. Still a work in progress though.

Since this is an expanded rom, we're trying to fit in at least 3 regions in here so, not much if a post game planned aside from the Pokemon League (which is only accessible after you complete Kanto, Johto and Hoenn)

masterquestmq

Enthusiastic Rom Hacker
Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
Sorry for the multiple posts.

Also, we're interested in getting extra help for the hack. Anyone interested please feel free to PM me or write to [email protected]

Among talent needed includes
Mapper
Spriter
Scripter(if any)
Beta testers
storyline writer

All to help assist me.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Hmm no split as of now but we won't rule it out in the future. We're making all berries obtainable however not sure if it can affect EV. Still a work in progress though.

Since this is an expanded rom, we're trying to fit in at least 3 regions in here so, not much if a post game planned aside from the Pokemon League (which is only accessible after you complete Kanto, Johto and Hoenn)

I figured I'd ask regarding EVs. If you were to work something like Super Training like in X/Y that would sort the matter out if at all possible. Otherwise I suppose I can deal with having to breed my pokemon to start from scratch.

Allen Ceedos

The Old School PokeFan
Years
Thanks for the feedback. No HMs in the game as gyms are optional. We're trying to make the world as open as possible. Thinking of incorporating a ferry system to get you from island to island.

Alright, that sounds cool. I'll admit, not having HMs did throw me off while I was playing haha because I'm so used to catching Pokemon that will be taught HM moves & I make notes for places that I want to revisit when I have the right badge & HM, e.g. some of the spots with open water I came across. So not having HMs has certainly made things in your game very interesting.

masterquestmq

Enthusiastic Rom Hacker
Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
I figured I'd ask regarding EVs. If you were to work something like Super Training like in X/Y that would sort the matter out if at all possible. Otherwise I suppose I can deal with having to breed my pokemon to start from scratch.

Hmm will need to see if that's possible for FR :)

Still lots to learn for me. I'm an intermediate hacker at best

MQ

masterquestmq

Enthusiastic Rom Hacker
Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
Alright, that sounds cool. I'll admit, not having HMs did throw me off while I was playing haha because I'm so used to catching Pokemon that will be taught HM moves & I make notes for places that I want to revisit when I have the right badge & HM, e.g. some of the spots with open water I came across. So not having HMs has certainly made things in your game very interesting.

Tryna give it a different touch

MQ

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Hmm will need to see if that's possible for FR :)

Still lots to learn for me. I'm an intermediate hacker at best

MQ

You've done some interesting ideas based on the current list of features, I wouldn't write yourself off on this yet. I've seen some interesting approaches to EV training in the past so do what you can.

bh02032002

Currently open for rom hack beta testing.
Years
hey i'm just wondering if theirs a discord server for staff so i can tell you if theres any bugs or anything. as i'm one of the beta testers.

Last edited:

masterquestmq

Enthusiastic Rom Hacker
Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
hey i'm just wondering if theirs a discord server for staff so i can tell you if theres any bugs or anything. as i'm one of the beta testers.

Unfortunately none yet. Feel free to email me though. We can set up a google docs if needed

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Oct 27, 2019
Is there any progression on this rom hack? I'm already hooked cause this sounds like a good hack

masterquestmq

Enthusiastic Rom Hacker
Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
Is there any progression on this rom hack? I'm already hooked cause this sounds like a good hack

Still super super slow. Perhaps another beta by end year? Sorry, work has me tied up almost always :/

MQ

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 12, 2021
This is a really interesting rom hack, keep working on it when you have the time

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Is the 4th gen physical/special split in this? Its impossible to tell in-game as theres no phys/spec icons.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 21, 2022
is raichu any stronger than normal? Its usually not the strongest electric type and i would hate to dump my starter but ive done it before

masterquestmq

Enthusiastic Rom Hacker
Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
Well ideally I'd like to finish Kanto at least. But who knows? Been a while and been getting the hacking bug again lately :)

Back