• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PMDe - A Mystery Dungeon editor

SunakazeKun

SunakazeKun | Aurum
Years
PMDe is an editor for Pok?mon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team, that allows you to edit most aspects of the game; a full list of features can be found below. It is programmed in Java and developed using the Netbeans IDE. PMDe uses ini4j to store important offsets in the ROM. Additional icons were taken from various Pretty Office Icons sets. Tileset previews were created by SilverDeoxys563. Also, huge thanks to BRNMan and Crocodile91! They have already documented a lot about the game's data and ROM structure.

More information, screenshots and download links can be found on the Github repo: https://github.com/SunakazeKun/PMDe

Current features

• edit dungeon data (map positions, floors, layouts, Pok?mon, traps, ...)
  • edit friend area data
  • edit general Pok?mon data (types, stats, evolutions, ...)
  • edit general item data
  • view moves data
  • edit available starter and partner Pok?mon
  • edit POK? money factors

SunakazeKun

SunakazeKun | Aurum
Years
I have never found the data for the level-up moves and TMs. Same for dungeon item data which I couldn't figure out.

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
This is certainly a big advancement! The only need I can see here is the ability to add face icons for all the other Pokemon. It always bugged me that only certain Pokemon got face icons and the rest had none.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
The interesting thing is, the dungeon mapping data for the 3DS PMD games is quite similar to how the GBA/DS PMD games dungeon map layouts operate.

It's awesome how much progress has been made in regards to PMD hacking since 2010, PMDe handles the editing for the GBA data, while Sky Editor handles the DS and 3DS data.

Onism

Compendia Synaisthima
Years
I'm terribly sorry, I'm a complete newbie to this, but how do I make this work? Thanks in advance and sorry for the dumb question

Onism

Compendia Synaisthima
Years
do you mean like opening it? just click on the Mystery2 jar file.

Ah, thank you. Turns out I'd downloaded the source code instead of the actual thing I was supposed to (I'm foolish sorry)

EDIT: Okay, so now I've had a look at it, it's really cool! Will there ever be a way to change the Pokemon's sprites?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 11, 2023
I can't figure out how to run this? I download the folder and then there's no executable file anywhere that opens anything

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Sep 9, 2019
Hey! I was wondering, is it all possible to edit the text boxes in game? I didn't see anything mentioning it, but figured it wouldn't hurt to ask. Thanks!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 15, 2020
Hello. I wish to know, if there does exist a additional tool or hex editor to add more entries for dungeon Pokémon, so I could then edit them in PMDe. Currently I can use PMDe to edit species, level and spawn rate but only for existing entries, since PMDe doesn't have "Add New Entry" option (see the screenshot at below).

There is romhack called Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Red Rescue Team Pro Edition, which does have increased enemy rosters in the dungeons and these can be edited with PMDe. Problem is, that I don't know how those entries were actually modified and I don't really want use romhack as base for making my own dungeons.

Editing entries of Kecleon and Decoy are not option either. Finding Kecleon Shop in dungeon will crash the game, if Kecleon's entry is edited to other Pokémon. Using Substitute, Follow Me, Decoy Orb or Allure Seed likely also crash the game, if Decoy's entry is edited.

I also want to know how many Pokémon entries can be set into single floor at maximum? In original game both Joyous Tower and Unown Relic have floors with 11 entries* and in Pro Edition hack the most dungeons usually have about 10-15 entries* in each floor (*Kecleon+Decoy included). I want to make some dungeons, where all Pokémon encountered in different floors are now combined into single roster, so they all can appear on any floor. At least in Explorers game would pick Pokémon randomly, if there are more than 14 entries in same floor. Not sure, if RRT could handle big amount of different Pokémon species to encounter in same floor.

Attachments

• Screenshot from PMDe.PNG
    Screenshot from PMDe.PNG
    27.5 KB · Views: 5
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 15, 2020
I apologise for double post, but I have some updated details related to my issues with dungeon Pokémon editing in Red Rescue Team.

I recently tested, if Substitute, Follow Me, Decoy Orb and Allure Seed were affected after editing Decoy's entry. It turned out, that Decoy's entry is actually safe to edit, because the Decoy as a status is unrelated to the Decoy as a enemy Pokémon. Substitute etc. were still working as intended and game didn't crash.

Kecleon's entry is also safe to edit, but Kecleon Shop spawns in dungeon floors must be set to zero in order to prevent game crashing. If I want to keep Kecleon Shops in dungeons, Kecleon's entry must be kept unchanged.

Now that we can add more Pokémon to dungeon floors in Sky with SkyTemple, I'm still waiting for very same feature for RRT too. Until that day comes, I have to rely on just editing Kecleon, Decoy and unused entries in dungeon data with PMDe.

Back