• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

how do you like your steak prepared?

how do you like your steak?

• Total voters
Years
also what kind of cut do you like? (filet, sirloin, ribeye, etc.)
do you eat it with anything? (ketchup, steak sauce, etc.)

Last edited:

Pig

Angry ecologist
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 16, 2023
Medium rare, sirloin, and if it's seasoned properly you shouldn't need to eat it with anything (except mushrooms), especially ketchup you absolute heathens.

I have such a love for steak I've proven I can eat an entire steak in one sitting, every single time no matter how big the cut. One time my mom bet me on this and I sure enough ate an entire 24 ounce steak in one sitting trip to Texas Roadhouse. It's gotta be a mental thing but. Steak's good.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
idk about cut, I never pay much attention to that. I just know I I hate T-bone steaks or anything I have to cut around bones. I guess I also prefer leaner cuts, because I also don't want to cut out fat. I'm lazy.

Anyway! I've always preferred medium rare. I think I still do, but lately whenever my dad makes steak, he makes it rare and it's too rare, so I thought maybe my preference was shifting to medium or medium-well, but now I'm looking up examples and nah, it's gotta be medium-rare. Anything else just doesn't seem worth it.

Years
coloursToday at 4:25 PM
idk how to best describe the steaks that i like but i like them to be kinda juicy but not chewy but i also, because of health issues, do not want to feel like im biting into something thats going to shatter my teeth
so i guess medium

after looking up what medium steak looks like, yeah it def looks like something I would eat. i can also deal with medium-rare.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I've never really paid attention to that but i think usually medium or medium well. Something juicy and with flavor and not too brittle and dry. Love sirloins and prime rib usually with steak sauce or bbq sauce.

Years
I love medium rare steak, been like that since I was a child. As long as there is no bone it doesn't matter the type of beef. I actually enjoy steak with and without steak sauce, as there are times I just want the steak, but most of the time I put steak sauce on my steak.

budube

Hi I'm Cube
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 10, 2024
Anything between medium and well done is good for me.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
medium rare for me, perfect and tasty, anything more rare I can't eat it
I don't mind steak sauce, I prefer to eat with artichokes, asparagus, and spinach salad
nice big glass of Diet Coke with extra ice

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
medium rare like the pinkness of my mental heart

With chili bearnaise.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
Rare with french onion sauce or it is inedible

Steak is the worst of the core meats and while that particular meal is one of my favourite meals ever, it is almost useless to me in any other form

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I seldom eat steak. It's not something I prefer and if given the choice between steak and something else, I'll no doubt choose the latter.

But when I do eat steak, it needs to be rare. Not just rare but.. criminally rare. Like rare enough that it's highly questionable to serve. Rare as in it's cold in the middle. So rare it's still mooing.

I don't understand it either, maybe it's like a primal, lizard-brain thing? But any kind of steak that's cooked is basically already ruined for me. It's actually pretty embarrassing to deal with at a restaurant tbh.

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
astounded at the amount of "well done" votes. disgusting

medium rare like a basic boy

edit: seconded adri's french onion sauce specification. cannot get enough of that

Last edited:

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
I liked them well done until one day I was physically forced to eat one medium rare and it turned out it tasted better, to my shock.

I still prefer it medium because I'm not that good at chewing rare meat.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
rare to med rare, but i voted med rare since i really only get rare at a particular restaurant and i order med rare everywhere else. anything past med rare i like to pretend doesn't exist. lalalalalalalala i can't hear you

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Medium to medium well. The texture of a ton of pink kills me. As far as sauce really anything other than ketchup or steak sauce. Red wine sauce is rly good

Sirfetch’d

I like mine rare. If it's slightly pink I will eat it with caution but that is getting too close to being done and I do not like steaks like that at all. Usually I just eat mine in the juices it is cooked in or a small amount of A1.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I like mine rare. If it's slightly pink I will eat it with caution but that is getting too close to being done and I do not like steaks like that at all.

THANK YOU. I literally thought I was the only person who felt this way I feel so much less insecure, ahaha.

Years
Medium rare I guess. I hate too well done a meat. Can't take it. I need a little pink. As for the cut, please do NOT include bone that's all I know.
Seriously though, just give me a Burger and call it a day.

Years
Medium just because that's what I'm used to ordering, but I'm pretty sure I've had a rare steak before and happily ate it. One of these days I'll finally switch ordering my steaks to medium rare, not sure why I haven't done it yet. But anything above medium is a no-go if I can help it.

Funny story behind that, I grew up having my steaks medium well/well done because that's how my parents (or at least my dad) likes it. One day my parents were cooking steak and one of them was "not done yet" (still had some pink on it), but I was hungry enough that I took it anyway. And...that's how I discovered that steaks like that taste way better than the well-done steaks I was used to. Never looked back after that.

I'm also not picky on the type of steaks I have. No sauce. Maybe just put some garlic on top and I'm good to go.

Back