• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pok?mon Greatest Emerald.

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
Mega evolution are terrible, mostly because there's no viable way to make them work right now, and "lulz just make them normal evolution via new item" is bad and people shall be ashamed by asking about this half-assed idea.
If your target is to create new plot and look in Emerald then focus on plot and look, some mechanical upgrades would be nice but if you are not sure about them, then don't do it.

jan2prado

Eat, Sleep, Repeat!
Years
Mega evolution are terrible, mostly because there's no viable way to make them work right now, and "lulz just make them normal evolution via new item" is bad and people shall be ashamed by asking about this half-assed idea.
If your target is to create new plot and look in Emerald then focus on plot and look, some mechanical upgrades would be nice but if you are not sure about them, then don't do it.

I see why other people don't want mega evolutions, but it's simple enough, don't like it? don't use it.
There's already legit mega evos in battle, check this thread: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=348182
it's complete with few bugs to tweak.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 16, 2020
Thank you people!
I see contrast opinion about mega evo...
However, we can't please everyone... So I hope you understand that.

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
I see why other people don't want mega evolutions, but it's simple enough, don't like it? don't use it.
There's already legit mega evos in battle, check this thread: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=348182
it's complete with few bugs to tweak.

If it's bugged then it's not complete, and it will be more problematic than useful. I would like to have Mega Evos in gen III hacks, but not everywhere and only if there's a legit way to simulate the way how they work in gen VI.

For now i would like only few stuffs in this hack - P/S Split, Some new moves to balance out P/S Split and maybe (pre)-evolutions of Gen I-III mons, it will be the most ideal combination.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Online now
If you plan to make this a 710 pokedex hack, I'd recommend considering one other region to effectively contain all of them. With what you plan to do story-wise it might help to have another region anyway.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 20, 2016
If it's bugged then it's not complete, and it will be more problematic than useful. I would like to have Mega Evos in gen III hacks, but not everywhere and only if there's a legit way to simulate the way how they work in gen VI.

For now i would like only few stuffs in this hack - P/S Split, Some new moves to balance out P/S Split and maybe (pre)-evolutions of Gen I-III mons, it will be the most ideal combination.
Have you even tried it? The "bugs" are generally edge cases that no one cares about like not functioning properly in link battles. It isn't anywhere close to "lulz just make them normal evolution via new item." It definitely adds to a the game except for people who simply don't like mega evolutions.

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
Have you even tried it? The "bugs" are generally edge cases that no one cares about like not functioning properly in link battles. It isn't anywhere close to "lulz just make them normal evolution via new item." It definitely adds to a the game except for people who simply don't like mega evolutions.

No offence but they still look terrible, the sprites for when you check their summaries are fine but when they're actually out in battle they look squashed and weird. I don't like the idea of megas in older games, older games should keep some of their dignity. I keep my protest of you not using every pokemon, it's messy, squashed and just ruins an experience. Please make your own dex or use Hoenns.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 20, 2016
No offence but they still look terrible, the sprites for when you check their summaries are fine but when they're actually out in battle they look squashed and weird. I don't like the idea of megas in older games, older games should keep some of their dignity. I keep my protest of you not using every pokemon, it's messy, squashed and just ruins an experience. Please make your own dex or use Hoenns.
And you not liking the sprites/the idea of megas in 3rd gen has to do with what I said how? I fail to see what the sprites/your own personal preferences have to do with the code. All I'm saying is that if this hack's creator wants to add megas, the current code is perfectly serviceable. It isn't anywhere near "more problematic than useful."

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 16, 2020
Thanks guys for comments and advice. However do not fight for this question ...
I'll try to make a game that is enjoyable. Anything that will add , will be included in an appropriate manner , without stravaolgere the game experience .... Even if I can not please everyone ...

Years
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
This looks amazing for a sideshow! If, like you mentioned English isn't your strongest suit, then please find assistance from other native English-speaking hackers. I'd hate for a hack as beautiful as this to be spoiled by bad grammar.
Good luck!

jan2prado

Eat, Sleep, Repeat!
Years
Just as stated by azurile, the "bugs" that it has aren't even game-breaking or problematic, the "Lv" are just replaced by the mega icon making some other wild Pokemon to not have a "Lv" before their level, and I don't think that makes it problematic cause you can still see the level... And besides, like I said earlier, Don't like it? Don't use it. Aaaand lastly, I just wanted it to be implemented because it totally makes use of underused pokemon like Mawile, Pinsir, etc. sure it might be over the top with overused Pokemons, but it's great in competitive play.

Anyways, I'm not pushing anything, it's merely a suggestion and in the end it's the creator's decision if he/she will implement mega evos, I wouldn't mind playing it even if it doesn't have mega evolutions seeing as it's like a remake of my favorite region ever with improved graphics and such, I still think that the PSS Split, New Evolutions, New Moves and Abilities, and Fairy type should be of priority.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Online now
I had a thought; if you decide to not include a second region to the game to account for the extra pokemon based on what you have said so far, why not add new areas to the Hoenn map? Hoenn was by far one of the biggest worlds in the pokemon franchise to date, and Pokémon Flora had completely redone Hoenn's map from scratch to work it's own pokedex, I don't see much problem in doing much the same here.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 16, 2020
I had a thought; if you decide to not include a second region to the game to account for the extra pokemon based on what you have said so far, why not add new areas to the Hoenn map? Hoenn was by far one of the biggest worlds in the pokemon franchise to date, and Pokémon Flora had completely redone Hoenn's map from scratch to work it's own pokedex, I don't see much problem in doing much the same here.

You are right, but I've already thought that... If you watch the first post, you could see that there is a new map (in the map screens) with the sea that isn't original. The game will be full of those kind of map, and they will permit you to catch a buge quantity of Pokémon! ;)
I even think to add some maps by other game (like in ruby destiny).

anonyboy

Pokemon Aerial Emerald Creator&Pokemon Hybrid Co-C
Years
Thank you everyone.

I read all your comment and I can tell you that:

-maybe, the mega evo WON'T be added even if a lot of "fan" would like to have them...
- We are trying the patch with the pokemon til the V generation. It allow us to have sylveon and the fairy tipe.
- in my opiniom Hoenn is big enough to contain all those pokemon (don't forget that there are a lot of seas and lakes and that there is the possibility to make different the pokemon for surfing and fishing). Also, we will add a lot of new placese that coul contain the Pokémon.
- we are working on the p/s split (we are looking for a patch or someone able to do that).
- maybe the mt will be reutilizable but I dont't know for sure.

The Patch Includes PSS Split..

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 18, 2019
I can help you with the English language and the grammer within the game if you want.

Back