• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Overwatch - Discussion Thread

Which system do you own Overwatch on?

• Total voters

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 11, 2023
Just toyed around with Sombra a bit. She doesn't really feel broken at all. She gets knocked out of Hack and Thermoptic Camo if she takes any damage, so you have to be wary of any stay bullets from like... D.Va (who is actually sorta scary after these buffs, jesus christ). Her Translocator is very useful for escaping fights and movement in general, and her ult makes for some pretty good combos. D.Va and Rein are gonna love a Sombra player who can time her ult perfectly so that they can go in with theirs and clean house.

The hardest thing for me was finding her effective weapon range. At first I thought she was gonna be similar to Tracer, but she almost has Soldier: 76 range. I say almost because her spread gets unusable after a certain distance and you're just doing trash damage, but mid to close range has been money for me. With that being said, I'm a big fan of the way she plays and she's gonna be one of my 'mains' now. Still don't know why she's classified as offense, because her kit has more of a support feel to it. Except for her passive, that one's just sort of insane. Pretty much gonna get a few free kills with it a match.

I'm loving the one hero limit in QP as well. Sometimes I just wanna practice a new hero without being on a team with 2 Bastion, 3 Torb and an offensive Widow.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 4, 2017
Alright, I've played a bunch with the live version we have and let me tell you scrubs and goons who need to git guud:

Ultimate costs have been increased by 25% for all heroes

FINALLY! Too many times this game kinda pissed me off for being basically an ult spam game instead of actual gun fighting. When you consider how the maps in Overwatch are, with basically short "Time-to-engage" metrics (for the uninformed or the boosted casual, that means the time it takes for players to start bashing each other's brains out. Short Time to Engage = players fight each other as soon as possible), it took Blizzard a couple of patches to let them know that certain characters having an ulti ready within mere seconds is kinda lame.

Ana
Nano Boost
No longer increases move speed

RIP Nano Dump metas such as Roided Genjis or Roided Reapers. Its been fun while it lasted especially when I get to either nano roid a Genji or me playing as Genji gets the steroids that i need. But of course, it was way too meta, so that had to be cut out. GJ Blizzo. Now nerf Shotguns

Soldier: 76
Pulse Rifle
Bullet damage increased from 17 to 20
Maximum bullet spread increased from 2.2 to 2.4
Developer Comment: Soldier: 76's damage felt a little low when compared to similar heroes. This increase affects both his normal fire and his ultimate.

A well deserved buff. As much as a couple of people enjoy playing Daddy 76, his damage isn't on the high side when faced with certain situations. Also, given that Nano Boost is no longer a speed roid but now just a mere damage roid, I would like to see more Daddy 76 + Grandma Roids in the field. Tactical Visor + Nanoboost is kinda great.

Zarya
Particle Barrier
Power gained from barriers decreased by 20%
Projected Barrier
Power gained from barriers decreased by 20%
Developer Comment: Considering her potential damage output, Zarya was starting to feel like a mandatory pick in most situations. Rather than reduce her damage output, this change makes achieving her maximum power and damage output slightly more difficult.

BLIZZARD NO! THINK OF ALL THE PROGRESSIVE LADIES WHO PLAY ZARYA BECAUSE SHE'S A NICE REPRESENTATION OF FEMALE BODY DIVERSITY IN VIDEO GAMES!!!!!!!

Kiddings aside, these changes made her slightly harder to maximize. I kinda felt it. I've played Zarya a bunch to let everyone know that these changes are kinda crippling if you don't quickly adapt to it. Don't be folled by the "Slightly more difficult" phrase because game developers always use that term to mask what is essentially a significant change.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
Arcade mode is hilariously fun. Too bad Mercy and Lucio aren't enabled because 1v1 mirrors between those two could have made some hilarious Support vs Support duels.

Also, Soldier 76's buffs are unbelievably crazy. Not going to lie. He just feels so better to play thanks to his damage buff. 17 to 20 is such a huge net increase in DPS. Being able to actually kill things and land final blows with Daddy 76 just made me feel happy in the gunbarrels.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
OCoXwJo.jpg

K ladies and lady boys. Its official. The best beneficiary of this patch is Soldier 76. Slower rate of ultis means that there's a bigger focus in actual gun fights and skirmishes. Sure even his ulti was affected by Soldier can already deal damage without it. Hell, the big DPS increase that Soldier got for this patch really just made him a better pick overall. And yes, I can actually deal damage now.

Do we get to see more Soldier 76 in the Overwatch metagame? I firmly believe so. His damage is now comparable to all of the other Offense classes and he still has the tools to provide more for the team. Recent nerf to Ana's nanoroids also meant that Reaper/Genji Nanodumps aren't as strong but just imagine Soldier 76 with his tac visor on and with Ana's nanoroids. This DPS increase with S76's Pulse Rifle + Tac visor + Nanoroids now being more grounded.. its quite possible.

I personally love this patch. Pharah getting her knockback nerf was questionable but Soldier being so damn strong right now just still makes playing Pharah a little more difficult.

Sombra first impressions:
does 0 dmg unless you hack someone

I wasn't surprised when she basically deals pea shooter damage as an offense hero. She does give a different playstyle of an "offense" class other than just plainly dealing damage.

Last edited:

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
I think they need to find a sweet spot for Soldier's damage rate. He's incredibly viable as a counter-offensive pick right now, and can shred tanks if he's uncontested. Roadhog will be feeling Soldier's buff big time.

Sombra is going to take a lot of learning to get good with. I still find that I lose most games that I have Sombra for a teammate. I know for sure she won't be my top pick.

Dva interestingly got a buff, too. With proper support (such as mercy) she can be an even better initiator tank. She's got the speed and health pool to get in, get a pick and get out. I used to willingly 1v1 her as almost any class that isnt Pharah/Junkrat, but now I find myself losing in those same 1v1s.

I like the ult charge decrease. I don't see that change being reverted back to pre-patch, however they may still fiddle with the % rate. I don't think it'll go higher than 25%. As much as gunplay is fun, ultimates are a huge part of pushing & holding. If they take too long, gamemodes like KOTH will devolve into "first to cap wins".

Overall a good patch. Not happy about Sombra though. I am interested in watching how the pro scene uses her and adapts to her.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
I think they need to find a sweet spot for Soldier's damage rate. He's incredibly viable as a counter-offensive pick right now, and can shred tanks if he's uncontested. Roadhog will be feeling Soldier's buff big time.

Sombra is going to take a lot of learning to get good with. I still find that I lose most games that I have Sombra for a teammate. I know for sure she won't be my top pick.

Dva interestingly got a buff, too. With proper support (such as mercy) she can be an even better initiator tank. She's got the speed and health pool to get in, get a pick and get out. I used to willingly 1v1 her as almost any class that isnt Pharah/Junkrat, but now I find myself losing in those same 1v1s.

I like the ult charge decrease. I don't see that change being reverted back to pre-patch, however they may still fiddle with the % rate. I don't think it'll go higher than 25%. As much as gunplay is fun, ultimates are a huge part of pushing & holding. If they take too long, gamemodes like KOTH will devolve into "first to cap wins".

Overall a good patch. Not happy about Sombra though. I am interested in watching how the pro scene uses her and adapts to her.

What's been your issue with Sombra so far? I actually haven't had much trouble with her when I do actually get her co suffering every single damn person wants to play as her lol.

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
Hopefully this new FPS project Blizzard is hiring for is a single player campaign for Overwatch.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 11, 2023
Sombra's more of a support character to me. I rarely find myself using her as a true offensive hero and instead using her hack and EMP to make like a living hell for heroes like Rein, D.Va, etc. Her primary fire seems to be for if you need to pick off a weakened enemy via wallhacks. I also feel like she requires a lot of multitasking to be good, probably more than anyone else in the game.

Has anyone played around with Symmetra's rework on the PTR? The changes seem pretty interesting.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
Hopefully this new FPS project Blizzard is hiring for is a single player campaign for Overwatch.
What's this project that you're talking about? I haven't heard about this yet - do you have a link to an article per chance that talks more about this?
Sombra's more of a support character to me. I rarely find myself using her as a true offensive hero and instead using her hack and EMP to make like a living hell for heroes like Rein, D.Va, etc. Her primary fire seems to be for if you need to pick off a weakened enemy via wallhacks. I also feel like she requires a lot of multitasking to be good, probably more than anyone else in the game.

Has anyone played around with Symmetra's rework on the PTR? The changes seem pretty interesting.

I'd have to agree with you on Sombra. At times I feel like her DPS just tickles opposition; she comes across as more just a pest or nuisance in delaying people's ults. You'll go invisible, go behind enemy lines, hack people, than teleport out. I've found myself more losses off at the character than liking her tbh.

Haven't played Symmetra's rework, but I'm honestly very happy about the changes, the one I like the most being the change of Symmetra's gun range from 5m to 7m. Sometimes I felt like I had to be absurdly close to opponents in order to put some DPS into them; hopefully this will be better. What do you think of the changes?

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
What's this project that you're talking about? I haven't heard about this yet - do you have a link to an article per chance that talks more about this?

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/new...d-Hiring-for-an-Unannounced-First-Person-Game

More interesting is the fact that both jobs mention that the game will be built on "a robust first-person engine." Both listings also say that "Experience working on first-person or other action-oriented games" is a plus. Blizzard released its only first-person game, Overwatch, earlier this year.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
OH MY GOD SYMMETRA'S CHANGES AAA WHY DID THEY HAVE TO REMOVE PICKING MORE THAN ONE CHAMP IN QP WHYYYYYYY

Those changes look absolutely amazing and I'm glad Symmetra is finally going to be a little viable, rather than a pick for two maps!

That moving barrier is quite nifty - really great for pushing the payload. Interestingly though, I was watching a video which showed that it gains more distance before it is destroyed than Reinhardt despite having half the health and Bastion destroyed Rein's shield AND killed him whilst in turret mode.

Speaking of Bastion, I've been having a LOAD of fun using Recon Bastion - still great damage output and it really alarms people when they a Bastion actually running at them.
Bastion main here (; One of my favorite things to do as Bastion is to be super unpredictable; station in a place for one moment, then hastily maneuver and position oneself to another location. In my opinion, there is nothing more dangerous than a mobile Bastion.
By the sound of the article, it seems as this new project would not be Overwatch related. Would be pretty cool to have a single player campaign associated with the game - or like missions of the past where we see the divide between Soldier 76 and Reaper, or if we simulated the heist that McCree pulled off - but I'm doubtful of it.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 11, 2023
Been playing around with Pharah a bit, and I have to say that she feels a lot better after the latest patch. Despite the nerf to her rocket knockback, I think the ability to fly forever (if you know what you're doing) has made it much easier for me to harass with her. I've gone on so many 20+ killstreaks that it isn't funny. Her ult is still a bit tricky though. I've gotta learn how to position her so that she isn't that much of a sitting duck while raining justice.

I've also been practicing Widow more. It's mostly because I love her character, but also because getting good with Hanzo encouraged me and I feel like I can be pretty good with her as well if I apply myself. Putting in some slight work with Sombra too. I love her, but at times her DPS just isn't really enough to do what I think she's capable of. I could see them bumping it up a bit just to make her feel more...offensive.

Other than that, I'm still mowing down entire teams with Reaper. That never gets old. I've finally brought him into comp and so far the results have not been disappointing.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
Been playing around with Pharah a bit, and I have to say that she feels a lot better after the latest patch. Despite the nerf to her rocket knockback, I think the ability to fly forever (if you know what you're doing) has made it much easier for me to harass with her. I've gone on so many 20+ killstreaks that it isn't funny. Her ult is still a bit tricky though. I've gotta learn how to position her so that she isn't that much of a sitting duck while raining justice.

I've also been practicing Widow more. It's mostly because I love her character, but also because getting good with Hanzo encouraged me and I feel like I can be pretty good with her as well if I apply myself. Putting in some slight work with Sombra too. I love her, but at times her DPS just isn't really enough to do what I think she's capable of. I could see them bumping it up a bit just to make her feel more...offensive.

Other than that, I'm still mowing down entire teams with Reaper. That never gets old. I've finally brought him into comp and so far the results have not been disappointing.

Couldn't agree more about Widowmaker. Jokes on her aside, once you actually get he hangs of her she can be a seriois threat. Plus, I've finally nailed the "flying" action using the grapple hook. Now to just get that achievement getting a headshot while in midair...

Back