• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

muzzyguy

When disaster strikes!
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2014
i only need the pokedex one and the reas why i said "dont tell me to read a tutorial" because theres about 10 ive read but non gve me it

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
thanks yo. i appreciate that.

No problem. Hope you have a good time hacking. ;D

i only need the pokedex one and the reas why i said "dont tell me to read a tutorial" because theres about 10 ive read but non gve me it

None tell you how to insert a Pokédex? Hmm.. really? I'm pretty sure that all of them do. Let's take a look:

diegoisawesome's/thethethethe's scripting tutorials said:
0x820 – Activates First Badge
0x821 - Activates Second Badge
0x822 - Activates Third Badge
0x823 - Activates Fourth Badge
0x824 - Activates Fifth Badge
0x825 - Activates Sixth Badge
0x826 - Activates Seventh Badge
0x827 - Activates Eighth Badge
0x828 - Activates Pokemon Menu
0x829 - Activates Pokedex Menu
0x82F - Activates Running Shoes

That was a list of flags from the setflag command. Basically, if you want to put one of these, use a setflag. (i.e. ... setflag 0x820 ... ) and if you want to check for any of these, you could use the same method. (i.e. ... checkflag 0x820 if ...)

You see, what you say really just makes me think that you're not really looking at the tutorials. They aren't that hard to comprehend once you've looked through them, and followed them step by step. If you're really having a lot of trouble with scripting, you can ask me directly, or take a look at the scripting help thread, which is also stickied under ROM Hacking.

muzzyguy

When disaster strikes!
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2014
ok im asking you directly
yeah i do struggle at scripting it seems a bit complicated but some of you think its a peice of cake ive been wanting to make 3 scripts so i can finish my first beta.

1.A script where when you walk to a certain place your confronted by someone and battledthen they leave....

2.the pokedex one i want someone to give you a pkedex but not oak

3.A police offcer blocking a route until you have the firs gym badge.

can you tell me which is the clearest tutorial to help me with these.
Thanks.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
ok im asking you directly
yeah i do struggle at scripting it seems a bit complicated but some of you think its a peice of cake ive been wanting to make 3 scripts so i can finish my first beta.

1.A script where when you walk to a certain place your confronted by someone and battledthen they leave....

2.the pokedex one i want someone to give you a pkedex but not oak

3.A police offcer blocking a route until you have the firs gym badge.

can you tell me which is the clearest tutorial to help me with these.
Thanks.

xD
Well, by asking me directly, I meant like sending me a VM, but ooookay then. :3

1. This is a basic trigger script, with trainerbattle and applymovement. You should also look into hidesprite.

2. Like I said before, you can just make a talking script and set the proper flag.

3. That's another script where you want to have checkflag, and possibly hidesprite.

I'm not really going to assemble these for you, but I'll give you the ideas on what you should be looking at. Also, this is probably the best tutorial that you could look at.

Once you get the hang of it, scripting is almost as simple as simply writing. which it technically is

muzzyguy

When disaster strikes!
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2014
right the pokedex one doesn't work theres probaly a lot of problems but this is my script

#dynamic 0x900000
#org @done
msgbox @done 0x6
= Proffeser WILLOW forgot to give you this.
clearflag 0x829
release
end

so whats wrong with it nd how do i change it so after he gives me it he says something diffrent

Years
XSE Help - Script Doesn't Stay

Alright, so I've been wrestling with XSE for a few hours, testing code, playing with it, and been having a lot of fun, however, I am always stuck with the flag actions. I know how to set flags and do the if statements, however, when I compile and save, the if statement dissapears from the code.

Here is the code I have been using:
Spoiler:

I know it looks sloppy, I am much more organized, but why put more effort into something that never stays?

That is how I write it and how it compiles, but when I re-open it it looks like this:
Spoiler:

Any help or guidance would be a great help. I am probably missing something stupid. =\.

Quickster

Dream or Drop?
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2016
Alright, so I've been wrestling with XSE for a few hours, testing code, playing with it, and been having a lot of fun, however, I am always stuck with the flag actions. I know how to set flags and do the if statements, however, when I compile and save, the if statement dissapears from the code.

Here is the code I have been using:
Spoiler:

I know it looks sloppy, I am much more organized, but why put more effort into something that never stays?

That is how I write it and how it compiles, but when I re-open it it looks like this:
Spoiler:

Any help or guidance would be a great help. I am probably missing something stupid. =\.

right the pokedex one doesn't work theres probaly a lot of problems but this is my script

#dynamic 0x900000
#org @done
msgbox @done 0x6
= Proffeser WILLOW forgot to give you this.
clearflag 0x829
release
end

so whats wrong with it nd how do i change it so after he gives me it he says something diffrent

This is the simple questions thread...you should try the script help thread, which is right by this one.

Years
  • Seen May 2, 2010
Where do I go to find tools and tutorials on 4th gen pokemon rom editting? It seems that the bulk of material on this forum is for the gba series of pokemon only.

Also, would anyone know how to script in pokemon platinum to make the game start up immediately at the continue/new game screen?

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
Where do I go to find tools and tutorials on 4th gen pokemon rom editting? It seems that the bulk of material on this forum is for the gba series of pokemon only.

Also, would anyone know how to script in pokemon platinum to make the game start up immediately at the continue/new game screen?

Well, you don't find many tools and tutorials on 4th gen hacking because there is little advancement on the subject. Well, actually, in respect to the people working on it, they've got a lot recognized, but not enough to really merit a full-on tool, you know?

And, sorry, I don't. :P

Years
  • Seen Jun 16, 2009
I'm having no luck finding a decent tile map editor; every one of them either can't load up any of my tilesets, or crash whenever I try to use them. There's got to be something out there I can use. Any ideas?

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
I'm having no luck finding a decent tile map editor; every one of them either can't load up any of my tilesets, or crash whenever I try to use them. There's got to be something out there I can use. Any ideas?

NTME is a really good one by D-Trogh. :)

Years
  • Seen Jun 16, 2009
NTME is a really good one by D-Trogh. :)

Tried that too, and it's one of the ones that keeps on rejecting the tilesets I have, so that won't work.

The most promising one for me seems to be Tile Mapper, since you can adjust the tiles to whatever size you need, but unfortunately it keeps on crashing on me AND it refuses to load any of the files I save on it. Has anyone here had any experience with this program? If so, can you tell me what I'm doing wrong with it?

Last edited:

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
Tried that too, and it's one of the ones that keeps on rejecting the tilesets I have, so that won't work.

The most promising one for me seems to be Tile Mapper, since you can adjust the tiles to whatever size you need, but unfortunately it keeps on crashing on me AND it refuses to load any of the files I save on it. Has anyone here had any experience with this program? If so, can you tell me what I'm doing wrong with it?

What exactly are you trying to do with it? And what are you using for the tilesets?

Years
  • Seen Jun 16, 2009
What exactly are you trying to do with it? And what are you using for the tilesets?

I'm using various .png files I got online, mostly ones created for Hoenn and GBA-style Kanto and Johto maps; a lot of them came from this forum. As for what I'm trying to do with it, I'm just trying to create maps for the new region I created for a fanfic project I'm working on. All of the tile map editors I've tried using either have a tile limit so low, it's impossible for me to do anything with them, or they require the tilemaps to be of a ridiculous extension, like .xtv or something else I can't reproduce. And most of them end up crashing on me for no reason while I'm using them; I was trying to make a worldmap on Tile Mapper, for example, and it froze up when I tried saving my progress for a second time, forcing me to shut it down and lose everything, and for some reason, it refuses to load the map file I DID manage to save.

I'm not doing anything drastic with them, I'm just using them in the way they were intended. I dunno why they're crashing on me, except maybe that they hate being used on Vista. I'd like to try and solve the problem I'm having with File Mapper, since I really like how you can grid the tilesets yourself and resize them any way you wish, meaning I don't have to worry about missized tilemaps, but any workable tilemapper would be fine.

Edit: Looking back at Tile Mapper, it looks like I can export my maps as .png files, like I wanted, so all I really need is someone with experience with the program that can help me fix its tendency to crash and not upload any of the map files it creates.

Last edited:

Kalsard

Looking for time travellers.
Years
No one saw my question, prob cause it was at the bottom of the post...
but is it possible to release a party pokemon?
Thanks
Sorry didnt explain this well.
Is it possible to release a party pokemon using a script?

Last edited:

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
Thanks

No. I think this has been asked before. I don't think it is possible, as there isn't a command for it I think.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Thanks

Only by using ASM. Period.

Reb

Bad Mood :X
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Nov 14, 2009
Well, what exactly did you do? If you did it "completely right", as you said, then it should have worked. :/
Please, explain a bit more.

Okay, then, I'll tell you to read someone's tutorial that they've written here on the forums. Honestly, no one's going to write a script for you, unless they're on your team. Seriously, writing a simple script such as a Gym battle shouldn't be that hard.

No, but there are plenty of tutorials.

Uh, sorry? I dunno what you mean. :3

Uh, that's what XSE is for. And that's what all of the XSE tutorials are for. Go read up on a couple of those.

Ah, no, I know what you did. I am assuming you inserted it into the Charizard? The only thing that you actually did was insert the Ho-oh image. You also have to put in the raw. However, unlike what a lot of people think, the next image is the raw. At the Charizard, click on the Next Image (or whatever it's called). It shouldn't look like a Charizard at all. Next, click "Dump Raw". Sorry, but you'll have to re-do the tilemap; just open NTME and do it like you did before (except load whatever you dumped as the raw first as the tilemap). Now, when you're finished with that, re-save the tilemap, and load that raw into where you dumped the first one. That should fix your problem. :3

Yeah i know,i already loaded the raw.
Hmm maybe the tileset is too big?
Cause i already did this before,but with smaller sprites,such
as giratina,rayquaza,palkia,lucario etc.and the backgrounds too
withought srewing it up..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back