• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] Youkai Academy [IC] [T] [Best Rookie 1Q '13]

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years

Kion Gavin - Mall

Gavin stared at Regeant, the specialty magics store in front of him, but he was reluctant to walk in; it was as if there was some kind of barrier keeping him. In reality, he was still trying to cope with the fact that he was close to a legitimate resource for magic goods. He'd visited human magic stores (and fantasy stores) for years back in the Human Realm, but a lot of the stuff there was questionable in legitimacy; here it was the real deal. He could hardly hold his excitement, though he tried not to let it show. He clenched his fists, smiled, and walked inside.

The inside of the store wasn't exactly what he was expecting, but it was indeed large. Well, to be specific, Regeant wasn't actually that large of a store, being specialty brand as it was; rather, it was part of a magic market by the name of Kazam. Gavin's mind immediately shot to a certain movie from the 90s of the same name and promptly snickered. He noticed it was getting dark, and he didn't want to get lost in the plethora of magical items on sale, so he immediately found his way to the sealing devices. It may have sounded or looked strange to a non-mage that there was a section completely devoted to sealing devices, but there were many uses for them in the field of magic, more than simply staunching or preventing potentially uncontrollable magic.

Gavin had trouble finding them, though, despite how much smaller Regeant was to the rest of the market. Someone tapped on his shoulder, which made Gavin jump, as he was sure that no one was behind him in the prior moments. He turned around to see a person with cold eyes, dark red hair, and an octagram on their forehead. The stranger immediately took Gavin's hand, turned it over, and looked at it closely. "Hm...Mammon and Baal, huh?" They asked, looking up at Gavin with a smirk. Gavin's whole body went cold when those words were uttered. It was astounding- unbelievable even- that this person was able to figure out who Gavin had a pact with by merely looking at it. The stranger was clearly a Deva Mage as well, which sparked some quickfire theories from Gavin. "Calm down," The male said, taking note of Gavin's surprise. He pointed to his octagram and said, "Satan." He returned his hand to his side. "I only guessed since Baal is a Pentagram and Mammon is a hexagram, but the two have slightly different shades of black and emanate different colored auras. I take it that you're looking for something to seal the power then, right?" Gavin nodded, still unable to speak. "Right this way."

The man, clearly an employee, said this as some sort of joke, because as he started to walk away he almost immediately turned back to Gavin. Gavin put on a puzzled look, and for a couple of moments he didn't notice what had just happened. He then looked around, as if to break the awkwardness of the rather strange situation, and noticed that he wasn't in the same part of the store that he was before. The employee laughed to himself and said, "Sorry, sorry, I didn't mean to embarrass you; it's something of a tradition among the first time visitors." He cleared his throat, composed himself, and as bowed. "I hope you enjoy your stay." With that, he vanished.

Gavin looked at the spot where the man was for a few moments, he was in a daze. He shook his head and tried to focus on the task at hand. He looked to the rack, or rather, the racks in front of him. There were far more than simple gloves there, and the gloves they did have varied in style quite a bit. There where Monk Sutras, Bandage Seals, and even things as large as hoods and jackets. He didn't have time to examine the many different types seals that were available...well, that's the excuse he used, at least; in reality he didn't want to spend that much money. Of the many things he inherited from his mother, he was an incurable shopping addict. If his father wasn't such a frugal person, the family would have been in some terrible financial trouble. He didn't have that much money anyway, and he surely didn't want to pay any loans back, so he bought a fingerless Glove of Adept Sealing and bought it, biting his lip as he rushed out of the store.

He equipped the glove and the smile he had earlier immediately grew larger. It was rather short lived, however, as he started to ponder a rather serious matter. He looked down at the glove on his hand. He wondered if he could really forsake all other magic for the sake of spiritual magic; that wasn't the type of thing he could commit to. His intent was to do so, so as to keep everyone safe, but if he were to lock away the one thing that made him most curious, the one thing that kept him intrigued and guessing, and the one thing that made his time at the academy worth anything...he wouldn't be Gavin anymore. His curiosity was his humanity, and without that, he wouldn't even have the right to wear his name anymore.

He wasn't ready to make any to make any permanent decisions yet. He arrived at the campus and then started to walk towards the Girl's Dorm inadvertently. He didn't know why; in fact, he didn't even notice that he was doing it until he had arrived at the front door. He raised his hand to knock, but then let out a tired, sarcastic laugh; he knew just how stupid that would be. He sighed, pondering his impending fate, and headed back to the Boy's Dorm.

Khawill

<3
Years
I walked out of the bathroom, "Not sure what I would do to her." I said, spreading out my sleeping bag. "I'd prefer if nobody in this room shared a bed." I said. "So I'll sleep on the floor." I certainly wasn't going to share with him, I didn't know him. And I don't want those two sharing a bed at all.

"You should go, I somehow doubt you are afraid of danger." His glance at the girl made me think he was scared for her. "If we stay together, it will be less dangerous." I wondered if they would go, I knew the lycan was much more than strong enough, but the girl could've been human for all I knew. And then my mind to Elise, would she be gone tomorrow? I help a pain in my chest again. "Anyways, I would think you would love the chance to fight without getting in trouble, danger aside I'll promise to save both you and her if things get too dangerous." Because my life is not as important as theirs. I thought, Because I'm just a background character.

Last edited:

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years

Takumi Makkusu - This Is Embarrassing

Nami's hugging me... It feels nice, which is also scary. So long as she doesn't harm me, I may get used to a vampire. I would've been on my way home by now, yet, I choose to stay in the dangerous school I know.

All for one girl.

It's strange. I suck at speaking to girls. Is it because Nami isn't an ordinary girl, literally? Could that be it? I just don't know. Nami seem's to be the only friend I have right now. I wonder if there's a possibility I can make more friends here? I highly doubt it. Sigh...

When I look at Nami's red face, I felt my own face red. She thanks me. I didn't have a response to that. I only fell silent. Um, since I'm not leaving... "I should unpack back at my dorm again," I chuckle nervously, & she's still holding me. I sure hope she doesn't kill me, & I sure hope Fairytale never finds me. Well, I've made my decision, so I'm sticking by it.

Years

Allister Curtis

Allister was about as flustered as he ever got. He had sprinted through most of the school grounds and was quite exhausted from the ordeal, but it was fairly important that he tested his spell.
Where th... Of course, he has probably gone to the region shop.

Allister took off at his fastest pace, which was painfully slow next to a werewolf or several other faster yokai, hoping to find Gavin there before the deva mage could vanish again. He ran past the main buildings and the dorms before he finally could see the schools private shopping mall, and walking from the building; Gavin.

"Hey!" Allister called out running to him, fairly sick of having to deal with so many people in his preparations, but Gavin was tolerable.
"Sorry to bother you again" he stopped for a moment, panting heavily, to catch his breath "but... I need you to help me tes-t a spell." He paused yet again finally slowing his breathing to normal
"Don't worry, you really can help me with this one, I more or less will just need you to try and blow me up, but I need you to come back to my dorm room before my room mate gets back if we are going to try this... Oh, I like the new glove... but why the white hair?"

disciplish

supreme meme machine
Years
Volt

Ostriches. Fudge em'... fudge em' all.

Volt directly stared at the ostrich angrily as it picked at the grass. What the hell was... was... that THING doing in front of him? He wanted a horse, and the conditions he had listed only applied to them, right? No. Maybe he should've been more specific in risk of getting a tortoise or something?

He sighed. Never mind that, he would never get back to the academy at this rate... the best thing to do would be to somehow prop himself onto the ostrich, in the middle of the forest, and hope that he can somehow get to the academy before anyone noticed where he had gone... wait a sec. Volt gasped, and then nearly slapped himself over his stupidity.

Milly, you idiot, you forgot about Milly!

Damn it, damn it all. Hopping onto the ostrich angrily and furiously, he yelled in its ear. "Get us out of this forest! I don't have the time to..." he quieted down, remembering that he could possibly still be in earshot of that Oz person. But it didn't matter; the ostrich was surprised and suddenly lurched forward at exceptional speed, nearly flinging Volt off it if he hadn't hung on to it's pink neck. Through and under trees, hit by shrubs and bushes, his frustration grew exponentially as the ostrich continued it's run.

Finally, Volt began to see a clearing ahead... he sighed. Hopefully he was near the school, which he was. Skidding to a halt right before he reached the clearing (and nearly breaking the ostrich's neck- since he was pulling it back so hard- to do so, for good measure), he looked at the sports field ahead. He wanted to get to the dorms first, no doubt, and treat his varies scrapes by himself. He felt his face, and his third eye, and all of that. He sighed in relief- he was fine there. But his arms were full of scrapes, and his torn bandages revealed reopened scars. His leg had a bruise or two, but otherwise it was surprisingly fine. He unsummoned the ostrich and walked into the dorm, reapplying his bandages and changing out of sweaty clothes, preferring shorts over long pants, even if he did have some bruises. He did put on a gray hoodie, though, to avoid anyone asking about why there were bandages over his arms. He knew the answer to that question, but he wasn't ready to give it.

He walked to the cafeteria, got some food, and thanked the workers eagerly. He then looked around. He saw Milly sitting at a table, on her own. C-c-crap... He sat down in front of her, but he could barely bring himself to speak. He stayed silent for a few minutes, eating, until he was able to say something. He was screwed, no doubt... at least, that was how how he looked at it.

"Ah... sorry?"

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years

Kion Gavin - Mall

"O-oh...the white hair?" Gavin scratched his head as he did. "Yeah, about that...I'm trying to delve into the art of Spiritual Magic. They say that the color white symbolizes purity, and that sin is black as night. As such, I figured that such a balance must be achieved before I can actually get anywhere." He didn't know if that's what he actually believed, but he didn't have much knowledge of spiritual magic save for minor details in mostly unrelated grimoires, zen research articles that his mother often read, and the media. As such, most of his knowledge was rather cliche or invented. "...but I don't know if I'll be able to 'blow you up'," Gavin looked down at his glove, "not with this thing, and I can't risk taking it off and using magic for the sake of training, it might kill you."

He stopped and thought. "Then again..." A cold, evil grin started to form on Gavin's face. "There was a Spiritual spell I tried earlier today. Maybe I can mix in some destructive magic and bypass this glove's sealing ability. Something of a Spiritual Destructive magic fusion; don't know if there's a name for it." Gavin had half a mind to say something like "Spiructive magic" or "Destrual magic", but he held off on it, knowing how stupid they'd sound. "So I'll help you out. Right now." Gavin distanced himself from Allister and started to move his left foot back in a slow, sliding motion. He cupped his hands and moved him to his right side. "This is the only Spiritual spell that I have experience with, so don't laugh, okay?" He took a few deep breaths with his mouth and then with his nose. He knew he couldn't good and well call the spell by its normal name if it was given a Hellish twist, so he improvised on the spot.

"Rai..." (/R I/, Japanese for "lightning") Gavin started, a ball of bluish-white energy starting to form in his cupped hands. "Me..." the seal on the glove started to grow, it was trying to staunch the destructive magic activity that was struggling to free itself from the demon's body. However, as Gavin theorized, because of the mix between the Spiritual and Destructive magic, and given that the glove had no mind of it's own, it couldn't distinguish between the two and tried to staunch both. The reason this was a good thing was because, depending on the level (and type) of the sealing apparatus, the seal would only hold back a certain capacity of magic. If the capacity was met, all excess magic would be released normally (hence why Gavin was able to use magic so easily with his weaker sealing glove). As a result, the magic that was not held back would obviously be weaker than if one were not using a sealing object at all, regardless of the case. The reason this was favorable for Gavin was because Spiritual Magic didn't draw from the same source (Magic was drawn from various sources of energy, each different depending on the type of mage, and Spiritual Magic was drawn from Ki, a force that supposedly existed in all beings), and as such, he would be able to distribute the magics enough that he could use spells without exerting unbearable amounts of energy.

"Ha..." Electricity started to emanate from the ball of energy and spread as time leapt forward. "Me...You better be ready, because its coming your way!" Gavin's hands started to shake from the static snapping at his arms and the pressure building up in his palms. Then, he jutted out his cupped hands towards Allister and yelled, "Haaaaa!!" The ball of energy shot out towards Allister in the form of a beam. Gavin was unsure as to what it was that Allister was trying to test, but he prayed that it would work.

Claire*

Here's to the crazy ones.
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 29, 2013

Evan Lee Gildred

"Oh my gods no, I can't take your bed, that would be far too much of an imposition on your hospitality. I would never dream of kicking one of my hosts to the cold, hard floor." He shuffled around and looked at the two boys who seemed to take part in endless bickering. How were these two ever going to survive as roommates? Surely, they would end up killing each other. "I'm just going to go get ready for bed." Gesturing towards the bathroom, he started that way before stopping and facing them once again. "Can you two not kill each other while I'm gone? Please?"

Eva shut the bathroom door behind him with a firm thunk and looked at himself in the mirror. The day's events had certainly taken its toll on his appearance. Taking off his jacket and boots, he stored them neatly in the corner and went about washing his face. The cool water of the sink washed away all his collective worry that had pooled on his petite features, helping him feel fresh and rejuvenated once more. While he was going about his business, his mind dwelled on the day ahead. His now long forgotten homework and the encounter with Oz. He didn't know what he was going to do if everybody insisted on confronting the wizard. A fight was not something that he enjoyed the idea of. In fact, it was the last thing he wanted. What good would he be anyway? Wouldn't he just be a liability in the end? He knew that couldn't fight with his fists and trying to hide what he was, severely limited using his ability in public. But what about his friends? Could he really stand by and watch them march off to their potential death and stand idly by? Sensei, Solo, Ashling and Gavin. Just a few of the ones in his class that he actually knew better than the rest. Not to mention the countless others who he didn't know at all, but who were still cherished by somebody somewhere in the world.

Reaching up and letting down his hair, he looked at himself once again in the mirror, hardly recognizing the person he was anymore. Not in a physical sense, that looked the same. But the person in that mirror was not that same person he saw this morning. There was a lot of growth to go around for one day of school. It was awkward, when he thought about it of course. In the bathroom of two other guys' dorm room, getting ready for bed. He couldn't help but start laughing. It was like something out of a manga or anime, just with a lot less fan service and more reality. Returning back to the room, his long hair flowing behind him like a veil, he sat on the edge of Frio's bed and looked in the boy's direction, but not directly at him.

"I uh, don't think I'm going to go to the graveyard. I kind of agree with Solo..." Clearing his throat he shifted on the bed and twirled his hair around his right index finger. It was something he did when he was thinking or uncomfortable. Something for his body to do absentmindedly and his hair was the perfect analog. "Nobody should be going, you included."​

Khawill

<3
Years
Frio
I sighed, neither of them would go. But I had to go. She also declined to take my bed, which was rather odd, but I simply shook head my head, "It's not cold with my sleeping bag, it'll be like when I lived with my sister." Except I was more alone. "Also I'm a Snowman, I'm naturally cold." I layed against the floor and looked at them with my hands resting under my head. I was not going to sleep inside the bag, considering how hot I would get, but just laying on top felt comfortable.

"I think I'm still going. He did a number on the teacher, and apparently the others too." I wondered if he really would hold back against kids. Would you? I thought. Though I didn't answer myself. "What if he decides to start attacking other students? Or what if he goes to the human world? At least if I fail, I can say I tried and not feel so..." I trailed off, there were many words I could've used. Useless, insignificant, cowardly, guilty, and even unimportant ran through my head. "Nevermind, you two probably shouldn't go, not if you don't feel strong enough." I said solemnly, "But since it was technically an order, I will have to go." You should tell them the real reason you want to go, my thoughts teased, A fail would mean your death. And who would care for your death? I thought. "Seriously, take my bed..."

I rolled to my side and looked at the opposite wall, I didn't need the lights off to sleep, though I couldn't sleep. My eyes burned, and the side of my head felt wet.

Though I didn't make a sound.

Elise
Elise sat in her room, staring at the wall while laying on her bed. Is Frio dangerous? She wandered, Is this entire school dangerous? She didn't feel much shock anymore, the surprise had worn off, replaced with wonder, curiosity, and fear. Somehow, she didn't feel like she didn't belong her. As if she was always supposed to be here, But that's a silly notion. She thought, I'm human, and this is a school for non-humans.

At least she didn't have a roommate. I think I'll stay here... Just to make sure Frio makes friends. He did promise to protect her. So she breathed in heavily and succumbed to sleep.

Years

Allister Curtis

Lightning streaked towards Allister as he looked on
"oh...crap" was basically all he could say, his pentacle was still on the floor in his room, which meant he was going to have to now improvise the same spell without actually drawing the pentacle since he hadn't ever attempted a complicated spell like teleportation before was certain that he would have to go for replication instead. All that had rushed through Allister's mind in a second, he knew what to do
"ymitare" said Allister picturing the prepares spell in his room intently with his mind. The left over chalk dust and lose sand and dirt on the ground clumped into the shape of the pentacle spell he had created as the attack was about to collide with Allister. It was instead blocked what seemed to be an invisible barrier dissipating after a while. Not having the power of the original the make shift barrier fell apart at the spell.
"Well, I know it will work" Allister said breathing a sigh of relief "it may not be as effective against Oz, but from it I can shield others too, as long as he doesn't break it. Thanks for the help."

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
∣ "Solo"
Energy.png
90%
bar-on.png
bar-on.png
bar-on.png
bar-on.png
bar-on.png
bar-on.png
bar-on.png
bar-on.png
bar-on.png
bar-on.png
bar-on.png
bar-on.png
bar-on.png
bar-on.png
bar-on.png
bar-on.png
bar-on.png
bar-on.png
bar-off.png
bar-off.png
Dorm Room

Chapter Three: Part Six
The Bond

Effect: None

Solo shook his head silently. This boy talks a lot of nonsense... While Eva washed up in the bathroom Solo found himself just staring blankly at the door. As much as he'd love to have one less roommate, he was currently in no condition to fight, nor did he want to; not after the day he had. When Eva returned, Solo moved aside, making the assumption that Eva would climb back up. It was then that Frio spoke again, about the wizard. "It'd be stupid to face a wizard with my current condition, let alone at all, unless I wanted to die." He shook his head doubtfully. "He likely wouldn't hold back; any sign of weakness is something to be taken advantage of. As much as I don't like you, I'd still advise you against going," he added bluntly. He wasn't in the mood for politeness, but was he ever?

He glanced at Eva quietly. "If the teacher was injured as severely as it sounds, how would it be a good idea to rely on him to attack again in the students' defense? They'd be smarter to form their team out of staff members, people old enough to handle that type of situation, instead of sending in the kiddies who aren't entirely sure how to use their powers to their full potential." He closed his eyes for a moment. Those words seemed to hit him most of all, whether he realized it or not. He stood up for a moment, shaking his fur out, before lying back down. "I'm relieved you're not going into that stupid battle," he added, directed toward Eva. "And who cares if he gets into the Human realm?" he folded his ears. "Anything he did there would probably make it better."

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years

Kion Gavin - Mall

Right before the blast hit, Allister seemed to erect some form of barrier to deflect the attack. Gavin was surprised at its appearance but relieved to see that Allister was prepared. Gavin would have commented, but his fatigue, both magical and physical, took him by surprise. He had to emit far more energy than he thought he would to fill the glove's capacity. He was far too insufficient in Chi training to be able to use it in focused amounts. Gavin's legs gave way and he dropped to his knees and started to breathe heavily. "D-damn...I don't..." He stopped himself. He was going to say, "I don't think I'll be able to fight Oz as things are now," but he did not want to discourage Allister. No, Allister was far too involved and far too ambitious for Gavin to say "no" to, he really respected that trait.

It that he needed to train his chi so that he could channel it more easily and with less strain. He also knew that, if he wanted a chance to take out Oz, he would have to take off his glove. The Spiritual Destructive magic would be no good if it completely drained him after a single attack. He surmised that he would be able to continue to fight if he used moves other than the Raimehameha, which was a rather draining attack. He wasn't physically, internally, or mentally prepared to completely switch to the life of a Zealot yet.

Gavin struggled to his feet, legs shaking, and said between breaths, "Y-you alright? That was a little more than...than I thought it'd be." He then breathed in and out rather tremendously once to staunch the heavy breathing. "You've certainly got things planned out, I'm glad the others have you to protect them." Gavin looked away and bit his lip, saying to himself, "If only I could do the same..." He then turned back to Allister and said, "Anyway, we should probably get back and side and rest; it's getting pretty late."

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Cheryll Renee Moreau

Cheryll managed a small smile as sensei patted her on the head, she looked at him and then the other occupants of the room. "I-I'm...ok n-now Y-Yorick." She said softly "J-Just...was panicking..." She finished looking at her shoes before turning her glance to the boy who's name she didn't know. She had no idea what to say but nodded gratefully when he said he had her back for tomorrow. "I-I'll m-meet you in the morning" Cheryll stuttered looking back at Yorick before gathering her things and shyly muttering a goodbye as she left the room.

Sighing Cheryll looked at the ground as she walked several thoughts running through her head. The main ones being fears of the next day. But surprisingly she no longer thought of wanting to go home. She had seen first hand that at least a few of her other classmates cared enough to watch out for her. She was thankful for that, but she knew she wasn't ready to fight anything... But it was for a grade so no matter how scared she was she'd try. So wrapped up in her thoughts Cheryll didn't even notice were she was walking until she suddenly bumped into something and fell the ground. "I...I'm s-sorry" she stuttered out looking up to see a boy and a girl both older than her who had obviously been talking.

Last edited:

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years

Maya Nami Kyuuketsuki
Chapter 2: I will protect you.
Schoolgrounds.

Nami embraced the moment that was making her heart floating. She fell in love on her second day of school, but she wasn't going to show or say anything… a human and a Vampire can't[/] be together. She would end up drinking his blood, unless… Nami stopped drinking blood…?

That was the weirdest idea she ever had. Ofcourse it's impossible for her to stop drinking blood, she would die since Vampire's need blood to survive. Also… Takumi's blood had this nice sweet scent that made it irresistible for her… it smelled like everything she liked. What blood type did he have…? A… AB… or O maybe…?

Nami heard him speak about how he had to unpack his stuff. Nami heard him but wasn't really paying attention. In fact, she was so distracted that she didn't even knew what she was doing herself. She was daydreaming while hugging Takumi. But… if she was just hugging him then why did she have this delicious taste in your mouth…? It was so delicious… so sweet… she never had tasted something this delicious before! It was as if she was drinking water coming from heaven, as if she was eating a meal made by the best cook in the whole world! And that wasn't overrating… for Nami this was the best thing she had ever tasted.

But what was she drinking…? Nami came back to her senses and opened the eyes she had closed a moment ago. She found her fangs in Takumi's neck. She had been drinking Takumi's blood and immediately pulled her fangs out. What had she done?! She just promised him protection and that she wouldn't hurt him. He was already terrified of her! Did this made it worse…?

Nami stared at Takumi with a fearing look on her face. She was about to cry… but his blood was so good. Ofcourse that wasn't an excuse for her behavior but she hoped he would understand her anyway… "I-I'm so sorry! I didn't meant to do that! I-I don't even know how that could happen!" Nami had tears in her eyes and had jumped away from him. Did this mean she couldn't hug him at all without feeling the urge to drink his blood…?

Years

Allister Curtis

Allister was both relieved and surprised. He was relieved because he wasn't dead, which he may well have been if he'd bee electrocuted by Gavin's spell. He was surprised not just at his makeshift attempt at recreating his barrier working but also at the power Gavin had mustered even with a sealing glove on. He was certainly a formidable mage, and he would be skilled to once he could use spiritual magic easier. Although, Allister wondered why he had gone with spiritual magic instead of just channelling the latent magic naturally present in the environment. He'd ask him later, he may very well know more on the topic than he did after all.

Allister did also notice the toll the spell had on Gavin
"I recommend not using that unless you have to. You should try something less drain like a propulsion or breaking spell, and yes I'm fine, although I'm wishing I had the original barrier for that" responded Allister "and as for getting some rest, that's a good idea. It is a big day tomorrow, oh and you really need to practice spiritual magic. It doesn't work like Deva Magic, it doesn't come from an outside source so when you firs learn it can be quite tiring."

With that Allister joined Gavin in heading in the direction of the dorms. He also needed his rest before he confronted a mage as powerful as Oz. He wasn't confident he'd be able to handle Gavin one on one because of his offensive capabilities, so he was doubtful he'd foil the fairytale agent's spells for long... and on top of that he had to out think him also. He was in for a long morning but he felt reasonably confident in the groups chances since he had Yorick and Cheryll who he knew he'd be able to count on and now, it seemed he was getting along quite well with Gavin also.

Claire*

Here's to the crazy ones.
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 29, 2013

Evan Lee Gildred

I care if he makes it to the human realm, Eva thought to himself as he looked at Solo and then to Frio as the boy rolled over on his side away from him. Who would protect his mom? His father? Likely not, that drunkard would probably join Fairytale and kick back some more booze. Maybe it was his own responsibility, as a son, or daughter, whatever he was anymore. That poor, defenseless woman would be an easy victim for them. The best weapon at her disposal being a six speed mixer. Eva didn't know how to respond to this threat. He had been so against going, so against getting involved in this conflict, but that comment about the human realm really struck home.

"I have f-family in the human realm..." he muttered under his breath to nobody in particular. It was obvious by his voice that the matter was really weighing on his mind, present in the forefront. Solo made that comment offhand, obviously there was no love lost between him and humans. Eva forever had a connection with that realm, however. He was half-human, a perfect blend of Youkai and non. If there was anybody who should see value in both realms, it was him. Without both, he wouldn't exist, no matter how much he hated his dad. "Anyway, uhm, I'll just go ahead and get the lights. Goodnight boys." He jumped off of Frio's bed and walked over to the lights, hitting the switch firmly before being cast into darkness. Carefully making his way back to the bed, trying not to step on Frio, he pulled down the blanket and threw himself under the roommate's bed. He felt bad taking his bed away from him, but he was appreciative nonetheless.

Laying there, covers wrapped about him tightly, he thought about the day ahead once more. As much as he hated fighting and loathed the idea of going against Oz, one word kept coming to his mind and teasing him mercilessly. "Coward...Coward...Coward." Forcing his eyes shut, he tried to push the thought from his mind, trying to slip off into the obvious night terrors that would follow. In that state, sleep finally came to him, like a thief in the night.​

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years

Takumi Makkusu - Gah!

Nothing more was said. After I mentioned to Nami I had to go unpack, she suddenly hugs me. This is going to take some getting used to. I can feel my face hot scarlet. Wait, I feel something else... What am I feeling on my neck-

"GAAAH!!!" My blood!

ShinyDiamond: That scream can be heard across the academy grounds. For comic relief, Tak's eyes are blank with an open mouth smile. Perhaps this is a new experience for him...

...Back. My face is still how it is described. My neck... Ouch. I can feel blood spewing out of my neck in a comic relief way. Gosh, that stings... I definitely got to try to get used to this. "Uh ugh..." I have nothing to say. Man that smarts! I don't know if Fairytale will kill me first, or Nami.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years

Kion Gavin - Mall

Gavin decided not to reject Allister's implication that he was a Deva Mage; he knew that he could trust him. "It's not that. Deva magic...from what I know of it...is all on the inside. You are your magic when you are a Deva Mage." Gavin put his hand to his chin in thought. "I guess you could say it feeds off of life energy...no, no that's not it. Remember how I told you that I would essentially die if the Hexagram were to cover my entire person? This is because I am being supplied magic. This is why I become stronger the further it stretches. The reason that I 'die' is because I am given so much magic and magic potential that the body can't contain it." Gavin scratched his head and looked up at the stars. "Well, I guess its not magic I'm given. Rather, it's...um..." He searched his mind for a good way to explain it. "It's...well, I guess it is essentially ether. From Hell. Our magic is energy the that exists in hell. The ether...or Aether, for the sake of discussion, is supplied from Hell and it essentially becomes us...and then we, in turn, convert it into whatever spell we want to use. Aether is essentially what you would call the life force for a Mage; using it all is suicide. In that sense, Spiritual Magic is actually very similar, despite being a polar opposite. They are preformed in a similar manner and have similar consequences, but they are completely separate in what they can do and the practices that strengthen them. Seeing as I just today used my first Spirit Spell...well, it's going to take a while before I can use it seriously."

The two reached the dorm and entered. Gavin said goodbye to Allister, the latter of whom promptly entered his room. Gavin entered his as well, but he didn't go to sleep. Instead, he scanned his bookshelf, sliding his finger across the spines of several books. He sighed when he noticed that he didn't have any grimoires that would help him in becoming a Zealot and sighed. He removed his shirt and did the one thing he knew that was most definitely associated with Spiritual Training: Meditation. He turned off the lights and then took to the center of his bed, taking whatever meditative pose came to him first. He then proceeded to calm himself and take deep breaths. He knew it would be a long process, and the tension was nerve wracking, but he continued the process through the night and into the morning.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
Elene > Marilyn
Girl's Dorm
~
When night finally fell across the dorm's, Elene retreated from the schoolgrounds and into the temporary haven that was the girl's dorm. She passed by nobody on her way through the dorms, a blessing she was thankful for, no less because it gave her a good estimate for the times she became desperate for blood and needed a drink without anybody knowing where she was. Even this thought was loose, however, as it rattled around in her skull and her somewhat less-graceful steps stomped against the halls. She wouldn't want her roommate to see her in such a state, whether she was in the dormroom or not, and her plan to resolve the issue was to allow Marilyn freedom for the night. She wasn't part of the deal and surely had something to say regarding the ordeal, but she wouldn't confront Elene about it either; she didn't have he guts to. If only more things could have been as advantageous as the personality she shared her form with, easy to convince and even easier to keep sated, while allowing her to rest without becoming completely vulnerable. Sweet little Marilyn.

A small relief washed over Elene as she crossed the threshold of her shared domain, Nami not around for the moment and unable to interrupt the conversation with Marilyn, however well it went. The tiniest temptation to mess with the girl in some way sparked, but there wasn't enough time for that if she wanted to get a good night's rest, and it would have no purpose. The Vampire's troublemaking was never reckless, but she had to be especially careful with the shadow of Oda Rei looming over her like the cold embrace of a...not a Yukki-Onna. Their touch only lacked heat. It was a dead bitterness that wrapped around Elene's limbs, chaining her to the duty even when she wasn't thinking about it. A slave collar that was just tight enough to remind her of it constantly. She grunted in indignation as she tossed her blouse into the hamper and stood before the mirror. "Knock knock. The food fairy is here."

Life wriggled behind Elene's eyes as she called forth her other half, whose voice was slightly sweeter as she watched the Vampire gently remove the brown contact lenses to reveal Marilyn's true chocolate eyes. "Thanks." Marilyn greeted, her eyes taking notice of the wrapped packages that Elene had laid on the bed on her way inside. She didn't know many of the things Elene got up to while she was resting, though she could be drawn from her ignorant torpor for anything that the more manipulative half wanted her to, and this was no exception. All she caught when Elene spoke was a slightly haggard stance and a voice more weary than she remembered from all their years together. "You...don't look so good." She spoke softly, tossing the brunette wig into their closet and browsing through the nightclothes as she shuffled off the school uniform. She didn't want to pry into Elene's business, but she didn't want her friend to be in any kind of danger. Much less any that made both of them suffer, in their weird way.

And anything that could scare Elene was unthinkable, except for maybe one of the Great Old Ones. Or finding hotsauce on one of her dresses, which wasn't even her fault; she couldn't hold back the groove when the neat beats came blasting through her earphones. The verbal lashing that came afterwards probably hadn't been worth it, especially when the Vampire questioned why she'd been eating junk food in one of her fancy dresses in the first place. Her thought process was stunted, slightly, as Elene took the time to respond, and her hair suddenly shifted from chocolate-brown to a soft silver, along with her eyes turning a wicked crimson as Elene tossed aside her stockings and drew out their outfit for the night. "I will let you know come morningtime, dolly. Try not to ruin anything while I sleep. Goodnight."

A weird response, but with it Marilyn knew that her companion had slipped away for the night and she was allowed to do whatever she wanted...in the confines of her own dormroom, and supposing she didn't wake up her roommate. Soon enough, she was dressed in pajama shorts and a top that was too big, along with her hair back to bouncy brunette curls. As she sat cross-legged on the sheets, earphones plugged in and playing whichever music her player decided would be fun, a coconut-flavored treat in one hand and a handheld console in the other, Marilyn hoped her roommate wouldn't mind the almost half-naked girl ignoring her to play videogames and eat crumbly food in their dormroom. She'd clean it up later, if she remembered to.

dcjboi

With Quiet Courage
Years
  • Seen Sep 27, 2022

Kakusu - Boy's Dorm

------------------------------------------------------------------

After trekking back to his dorm Kakusu laid out on his bed. He reached over the side and grabbed a candle, along with a wide candle dish and placed it on a nightstand. Casually, he began the homework he was assigned earlier by Ryuu-sensei. He had a good feeling that he was doing this assignment in vain but did it just in case.

Finishing up his paper, he glanced at the candle and it began to waver around quickly. In a rush, Kakusu grabbed the candle by the wick and clamped his hand over the flame, causing a painful sensation in his hands but extinguishing the flame. He had little to no control over the flames seeing as the pain wasn't even nullified along with a burn mark on his hands that healed soon after he looked down at them.

Frustrated, Kakusu grabbed the candle and shoved it into a bag. He wouldn't be able to take care of himself tomorrow if he was going to be this weak. Deciding sleep would be best for him since he would have to wake up early to meet Ryuu, Kakusu laid his head down and closed his eyes, sensing nothing but the smell of smoke in the room.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
∣ "Solo"
Energy.png
95%
bar-on.png
bar-on.png
bar-on.png
bar-on.png
bar-on.png
bar-on.png
bar-on.png
bar-on.png
bar-on.png
bar-on.png
bar-on.png
bar-on.png
bar-on.png
bar-on.png
bar-on.png
bar-on.png
bar-on.png
bar-on.png
bar-on.png
bar-off.png
Dorm Room

Chapter Three: Part Seven
The Bond

Effect: None

Solo was, to say it bluntly, dumbfounded. "Family in the..." He trailed off. But, He's Youkai, Only Lycans and Werewolves lived in the Human Realm, unless... This made his head hurt. He's... Half-blood... He was at a loss for words? How could he have befriended a half-Human?? It didn't make any sense! Why hadn't Eva killed him already? Wasn't that what he wanted? What all Humans wanted? Unless... He sees me as a pet... Just like they do. I'm not going to be driven to slavery! We are a proud race, we won't be held down by anyone!! Without another word, the wolf leapt down, landing in Humanoid form, wolf ears and tail included, and quickly stormed out of the dorm, slamming the door shut behind him, not caring in any way if it had awoken either of them.

He stormed down the halls, right out of the dorms, and continued his walk through the grounds. A bloodcurdling scream stung at his ears, which folded down in annoyance and pain. He didn't stop his walk however, which happened to be in the direction of the scream. The Vampire and the Human were both there, and he simply shoved both of them by his shoulders as he passed, his face dark with anger and his eyes piercing as he walked by, daring either of them to do something about it. Whether they tried or not, he continued his walk through the grounds, his footsteps leading him to... A graveyard. He could Vaguely see the wizard there.

Damn, so I can't be here alone. He pondered the thought. What had he heard about Fairytale? They didn't believe Humans and Youkai could ever get along, and supposedly hated Humanity. That sounded like the perfect place to be. "Hey!!" He shouted at the silhouetted wizard, "How do I join your club??"

Back