• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: ???? Let's Grow Together ????- DCC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
i've been working in the background already dw about it

My thought was not to have it as a stickied thread, but as a post inside the Rule & Guidelines thread. It's something that people should read when they enter the section and wouldn't have to worry about sticky clutter.

killer-curry

Oro.........?
Years
ANyways, Work In Progress Art.

Spoiler:

Years
ANyways, Work In Progress Art.

Spoiler:

Aw yes, your lighting and values are improving! C:

The one small thing that might need some fixing is the piece of rock/land (?) in the middle. The curved line messes with the perspective of it. Your perspective of the cave walls and ceiling is great! I have to say - good job on the perspective and working on values! If I could suggest anything else, it just might be to go a little further in detail of the rocks. You have a good idea of lighting, you can look at caves and rocks and study the texture and lines to make it look like rocks! I think your outlines suggest it well, but you can make it more realistic with shading and lines. Rocks have different patterns sometimes, some have cracks on them with an indent, and so on! The shading is a little sharper in most rocks (smoother rocks and pebbles have softer looking shading) so you could have a ton of fun with that if you like geometric shapes!
s5MSgqd.png

Maybe your reference has more curved lines or shading - but either is good, have fun with it! But that extra time on making those rocks look real would be more engaging for viewers! c:​

Years
God dang it that pixel art nina, is that you da WITCH???????

no. read what I linked.

edit:
Dude, your work is absolutely gorgeous, as usual. The background's a bit too undefined for me (really soft outlines), but it's still fantastic anyway.

Anyway, I was wondering if any pixel artists could answer these two surveys? It's for a school assignment and would be much appreciated.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ZDHVZ33
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/XC8J76Y

Both survey's taken!  ̄ー ̄)ゞ

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 26, 2019
Dude, your work is absolutely gorgeous, as usual. The background's a bit too undefined for me (really soft outlines), but it's still fantastic anyway.

Anyway, I was wondering if any pixel artists could answer these two surveys? It's for a school assignment and would be much appreciated.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ZDHVZ33
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/XC8J76Y
Thanks so much :D And here is my recent work. Hope you like it
Mega Gardevoir gijinka
Spoiler:

Doraemon crossover
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
Mister2lua, your work is always great!

I wanted to post and ask a general question for everyone: is there a medium you want to learn more about? Watercolors? Digital painting?
I'm learn watercolors from a teacher for the first time and I work more opaque. It's rad, I just need a lot of patience while I'm working. xnx;​

Years
In terms of visual arts, I guess I'd like to learn more painting skills/better lighting.
Not that though, I need to learn more about 3D again.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
Years
Good Luck with watercolours and your new teacher Ana :D That sounds super exciting! And Nina you should totally do more 3Dness c:

Now that I have finally finished uni, right now I've been really hyped about getting back into Photography again and have been taking, editing and posting photos on instagram basically every day now.

The other thing I'm planning for this summer is to learn how to do Branding properly and start doing social media graphics again. YouTube community here is quite big and often people will look for others to make banners for their channels, twitters and whatnot - Might see if I can make some extra money off it commissioning if I can. I want to do YouTube things for myself as well, but learning branding go first (heck i'm doing rebranding for myself atm).

too many plans

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 22, 2016
Tock's Art Gallery [+ Credit]

JOSE RAMON ALEJANDRO ( NE EN 1943)
4a1z0uG.jpg

David Hockney (British, b. 1937), Untitled (Red & Blue Interior)
wAF5DSn.jpg

Shigehiro Okada (2000-2016)
QStDjgl.jpg

Yoshiwara (1880~)
VG4ODGp.jpg

Patrick Caulfield (British, 1936?2005)
zQG5pvx.jpg

Years
I think you might have took the meaning of gallery a little bit too traditionally! Here, we showcase our own works in our galleries like a portfolio. I'm going to merge this with the DCC, so we could talk about these artists there. : )

Years
Odd rowlet drawing.

Spoiler:

A friend of mine, eddie, drew this. He said it was a quick sketch he made during school.

Not sure if it's good, or bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back