• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Adding New Types into Emerald

Years
  • Age 18
  • Seen Jan 8, 2023
I am currently trying to do the first part on this tutorial (editing the image) and I am having trouble finding the old image to replace within unlz and I was wondering if anyone knew the unlz number of the old type list image.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Aug 24, 2023
Part 3 could use work on changing the Type Image.

How did you get to image offset 7B400? The software doesn't have a way to easily jump to the image you want.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 20, 2024
I'm trying to add 2 more types, I'm using your fairy table with one extra icon. Could I still use the same free space offset 9C0B20 or do I have to use a different offset?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 20, 2024
Part 3 could use work on changing the Type Image.

How did you get to image offset 7B400? The software doesn't have a way to easily jump to the image you want.

I think you just import the image directly into your rom.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 20, 2024
I figured out Step 5 & 6 on my own, But now I happen to be stuck on the palette editing. I'm adding Fairy & Sound type, Using the type chart that was linked (with fairy) that I edited to have Sound on it, It's not using any colors that aren't taken from the others. and with adding more can I add fairy onto that extra spot and have the other in free space?

EDIT: Figuring it out more but still lost with all the palette stuff like "If you want to include more however, you will need to repoint this into free space, the pointer is located at 1C439C. " I don't know what I have to repoint.

That's exactly what I'm doing with my rom. But whenever I insert the new chart in unLZ, Even when I don't type anything in the palette tab the data still shows different hex values in HxD compared to whats shown in the tutorial. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
MrDollSteak, I am sick and tired of being ignored. Why don't you have any video tutorials of how to do this? Doing it with just one picture of it already done does not help me at all. I can't make a rom with fairy type moves but doesn't have any fairy type pokemon. You need to fix this problem. I want a video tutorial... I don't want any added pokemon, just want to make a rom hack of pokemon with more moves, fairy type, and I want it without the patches changing the fairy type for Pokemon to just a pink ???. It infuriates me.

Years
MrDollSteak, I am sick and tired of being ignored. Why don't you have any video tutorials of how to do this? Doing it with just one picture of it already done does not help me at all. I can't make a rom with fairy type moves but doesn't have any fairy type pokemon. You need to fix this problem. I want a video tutorial... I don't want any added pokemon, just want to make a rom hack of pokemon with more moves, fairy type, and I want it without the patches changing the fairy type for Pokemon to just a pink ???. It infuriates me.

You aren't being ignored by someone who literally hasn't been online since March; moreover, MrDollSteak isn't obligated to provide what you want on demand either.

Sure, there's a patch. There's also instructions in the first post that clearly detail how to do it, and if you don't want to apply certain steps, just… don't do them.

Back