• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Development: The 4th gen class split in 3rd gen

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 13, 2020
I'm completely new at this and all I wanted was to add the physical-special split to Leaf Green but I couldn't find one that works on any tool I download.
Then I tried to use Fire Red as a base and some tools started to ask me for an .ini file but no version of Fire Red I download comes with it.
Where can I get one?

As of now my plan is to run a Fire Red rom through TL's Quick Enhancer to add PSS split, Fairy type, and reusable TMs and then patch it with the Ultra Violet patch.
I just gave up on turning Fire Red into Leaf Green with PSS because I had no idea of how to useHex Maniac Advance. Not that HMA is bad, I just don't know what to do with it.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
Here's an IPS patch that applies version 1.4 of the Emerald patch, has all of the moves set to the correct Physical/Special/Status byte, and has the icons installed and working. Warning: I didn't take note of where I inserted the image or the ASM, so back up your game first.

I can't access it. Can you give us an updated link or somewhere to find this?

Chain

Pokemon Fan
Years
Hi! I've been working on a ROM lately, specifically on Pokemon Emerald (In Spanish).

I mean, this:
Spoiler:

I managed to find the values that Darthatron posted in Hex, and I was able to apply the PSS in my Spanish rom.

But I think from what I read throughout the thread, there are some things missing from it.
Between them, Mirror Coat and Counter continue to function as if the patch was not applied.

Does anyone have any idea which Offset Counter and Mirror Coat are in to fix it?
(if that is possible, or if it is necessary to apply another method like an ASM routine)

The offset I ask for are those of the ROM in English, then I look for the same Hex values in my ROM and try to apply it.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 14, 2022
Having some issues with the image patching. I tried following the instructions you had to insert the images, and got this as a result.

ed7b459000959953e879a534ac55e7a7.png

Seems like it's pulling the multicolored ball sprite from the top-left of the gfx file you provided in your repo instead of the Physical icon for Tackle, and the Status move is a jumbled mess. Do I need to modify a pointer or something? From what I can tell, the moves are functionally working with the physical/special split, but the icons don't seem to be working.

Days
  • Age 18
  • Seen Nov 11, 2023
Hi, small brainer here, what exactly am I supposed to change? Or, more simply, can you dumb down the explanation cause I'm working on a pokemon romhack using HMA and dont know what im supposed to do or change to get the physical-special split, please help.

Days
  • Age 27
  • Seen Oct 12, 2023
Attention! For those who can't get on Tlachtli's Phys/Spec/Stat Icon in Emerald, now, listen here:

I've finally got it working and it is very a big success. Thanks Tlachtli! Gonna credit you once I made an Emerald base hack. I used DoesntKnowHowToPlay's Emerald Physical/Special/Status split first. I'll also give you credits too. Here are some screenshots:

em0004___dppt_music_02_by_raileysxerilyasrx-d7lqz6k.png
em0004___dppt_music_01_by_raileysxerilyasrx-d7lqz6m.png
em0004___dppt_music_03_by_raileysxerilyasrx-d7lqz6u.png

Tlachtli,
At the first, I've found your entire work to be not working. But, I tried adding some missing "hows" so I can make this work. Here are some info I want you to change and add:

1.)
I noticed the part .SplitImages: .word 0x[insert address to images] that there is something's missing to it. You've forgotten to put 08 at the beginning of [insert address to images]. So then, that will be .SplitImages: .word 0x08[insert address to images]. Example, I've made it on offset E43780. So, that will be .SplitImages: .word 0x08E43780.

2.)
Then, about you're going to change the offsets to inserted ASM address +1, some people would just write and change the inserted ASM address +1 on certain offsets. Example: I have E43668 to be the ASM offset and I've changed and written 6936E4 on 1C0F88, 1c1328, and 1c17a0. When I did it, it froze just like Shufflejoy just commented:

freeze_by_raileysxerilyasrx-d7lqz6p.png

It is because you just only write and change the inserted ASM address +1. I've noticed the value next to it "03". With 03 next to it, the routine will not ever work.

untitled010_by_raileysxerilyasrx-d7lr0h9.png

So then, try to change 03 to 08.

untitled020_by_raileysxerilyasrx-d7lr0he.png

It is because with the value 08 next to it, it will locate the routine (or 09 if you put the routine on 1000000+. Ex: you have inserted the routine on 1234568, change and write 69452309). With this, I've finally made it working. Well, I haven't found bugs and glitches when I revised this.

3.)
This maybe a small problem but I would be big in just one mistake. You may just have inserted the image into compressed image (with unLZ program). Don't use unLZ to insert this. I highly recommend to use NSE 2.1 to insert the image because insertion of images has options is compressed or uncompressed. "Load ROM" then "Open Sprite" then "File => Insert => Image Data".

33t5_by_raileysxerilyasrx-d7lr0wr.png

Revised Steps
I also rewrite the complete tutorial about it according to his original tutorial with the revises I made. So, here it is:

1.)
Insert this image as an uncompressed image...
TuTazY7.png

Use NSE 2.1 to do so. To insert it on NSE 2.1: First, "Load ROM" load your Emerald file; Second, "Open Sprite" open your sprite; Then, "File => Insert => Image Data"

2A.)
Insert this ASM...
If you can't do ASM and/or if you have no idea about ASM at all, proceed to Step 2B.
Revised ASM:
Spoiler:

2B.)
This is an alternate step for 2A for those who can't do ASM. For those who can't do ASM but can do HEX EDITING, below is the hex values of it. Insert this on the offset that ends with 0, 4, 8, C and nothing else.

Spoiler:

If you have inserted the uncompressed image first, replace FE FD FC 08 with the offset where you have inserted the uncompressed image and the offset must be like in this example: Uncompressed image offset: ABCDEF. Mind little endian: AB CD EF. Reverse them: EF CD AB. And finally change FE FD FC 08 to EF CD AB 08. If you have keen eyes, you will not get a mistake doing this.

3.)
Replace some Hex-Values on offsets...
Revised Hex Edits:
Spoiler:

I hope this helps for those who can't make it at the first. It works well, trust me. :)

I have no idea what all this means and how to do it 💀 Whatever happened to the community of users who packaged all of these hex edits into .exe files that just APPLY THEM FOR YOU??? Its why PGE is soo damn useful, cuz I can make my own rom of making Poochyena much better with easy to use menus and such.

Back