• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Innistrad

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
I decided to take ideas from my two previous teams and combine them for a new team. I named the team Innistrad because several members of the team remind me of the new set of cards coming out for Magic: The Gathering. I didn't think of that until the team was already together.

Spr_5b_392.png

#392 Infernape: Fire/Fighting, Jolly, Blaze, Item: Choice Band
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Mach Punch
Close Combat
Flare Blitz
U-Turn

Replaces Whimsicott.

Spr_5b_094.png

#094 Gengar: Ghost/Poison, Timid, Levitate, Item: Leftovers
EVs: 6 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Shadow Ball
Hidden Power [Fire]
Focus Blast
Substitute

Replaces Chandelure.

Spr_5b_121.png

#121 Starmie: Water/Psychic, Timid, Natural Cure, Item: Leftovers
Rapid Spin
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Surf

Rapid Spin is crucial to help teammates use U-Turn and Volt Switch safely. The other moves help cover some weaknesses of the team. I used to have Recover but was told to remove it.

Spr_5b_462.png

#462 Magnezone: Electric/Steel, Timid, Magnet Pull, Item: Choice Scarf
Hidden Power [Fire]
Thunderbolt
Volt Switch
Flash Cannon

A good Steel-killer with Magnet Pull and HP Fire. The rest have STAB, and Volt Switch is the Electric version of U-Turn. I had to choose between Magnezone and Scizor from my previous team.

Spr_5b_479W.png

#479 Rotom-W: Electric/Water, Timid, Levitate, Item: Choice Specs
EVs: 252 SpA / 6 SpD / 252 Spe
Trick
Hidden Power [Ice]
Volt Switch
Hydro Pump

Spr_5b_612.png

#612 Haxorus: Dragon, Jolly, Mold Breaker, Item: Choice Band
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Dual Chop
Outrage
Earthquake
Brick Break

Outrage and Dual Chop have STAB, and Dual Chop can help against Substitute.

I currently have 2 weaknesses to Grass, Ground, Psychic, Ghost, and Dark.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I understand why you have Energy Ball for 3 of Chandelure's weaknesses, but Hidden Power (Fighting) is the best bet for a Calm Mind set, considering that Hydreigon and Heatran resists Chandelure's current set. Energy Ball could be better off in a Choice set, though.

Years
  • Age 27
  • N/A
  • Seen Mar 23, 2013
Looking for a physical attacker in place of Rotom, yes? In that case, I'd recommend Mienshao.

Mienshao
@Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
Nature: Adamant
EVs: Max Atk, Max Speed

U-Turn, Drain Punch, Fake Out, Detect/ Swords Dance

I'm rather iffy on the last move slot for that, because of the Life Orb. But with a Regenerator U-turn, or even Drain Punch, it should be relatively taken care of. Sorry if this doesn't help any, but I'm hoping it does. =)

However, if Life Orb doesn't work, you can run a CB, or a CS. (Choice Band or Choice Scarf)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I currently have 2 weaknesses to Fire, Ice, Ground, Bug, Ghost, and Dark. I only add a new Pokémon if it doesn't give me a third weakness to one type.

I had Air Balloons listed for Magnezone and Chandelure, but I decided to remove them because of the difficulty in getting them.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, especially for filling the Rotom-W spot. I only have one physical attacker, so I'm looking to add another one of those.

You got a pretty neat little team here. ^o^

The only thing I want to mention is that you actually have 2 weaknesses to Grass along with the weaknesses you have to Fire, Ice, Ground.. etc... But, I think I have an interesting idea on what you can replace Rotom-W with. I was thinking Gyarados. This way, you no longer have two Pokemon that are weak to the aforementioned 7 types. Essentially, you'll be exchanging your weaknesses to Grass and Ground, for a weakness in Rock (and the x4 weakness to Electric but resistances to Fire, Bug, Ground, Water, Fighting, and Steel). So, I don't know, maybe Gyarados can be something good for you to try out. It's also physically oriented, like you mentioned wanting. So, that's why I'm suggesting it.

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Intimidate
156 HP / 72 Attackk / 96 Defense / 184 Speed
Adamant [+Attack; -Sp.Attack]
- Waterfall
- Bounce / Stone Edge
- Dragon Dance
- Taunt

So, I've been told that this is a nice Bulky Set for Gyarados (of course, 248 HP / 252 Defense / 8 Special Defense or 252 Attack / 252 Speed / 4 Defense would work according to your needs). And with access to Dragon Dance it can do some serious damage with those STAB Waterfalls/Bounces. Stone Edge is also a good option for neutral coverage and for hitting other Flying types like Dragonite. I prefer Bounce, however, so Gyarados can hit Bulky Grass types and have an additional turn for Leftover recovery. Taunt gives Gyarados the option to set up against Pokemon is usually has problems with, like Skarmory, and prevents status effecting moves from Blissey. But hey, this is just what I've read. If you want a good Gyarados, talk to Karpman. He knows what he's doing. ;D

@Folly~
The only reason Mienshao wouldn't work is because you'll be losing out on a bunch of useful resistances, mainly Fire and Steel. Then again, it's not adding any more weaknesses, so it is viable I suppose.

I would also like to stress the benefits of an Air Balloon on Magnezone, but I understand that you must work with what you've got. You've got a nifty team here, I hope it works out for you!

Good luck! :3

Years
Hi Latios Master.

This is a cute team, but it could obviously be improved. Firstly, I think you ought to get rid of Magnezone and put Choice Band Infernape in place of it. Choice Band Infernape is a much better U-Turn user than Whimsicott and a dominating offensive presence that makes nice synergy with Rotom-W. Infernape's speed tier is so potent that it can outspeed most of its counters and switch to Rotom-W, which can take care of whatever counters Infernape. The one Pokemon you want to look out for with this combo is Latias, while it can't take a CB U-Turn, it can outspeed Infernape and resist its other attacks, as well as wall Rotom-W completely.

Infernape @ Choice Band
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
~ Flare Blitz / Fire Punch
~ Close Combat
~ Mach Punch
~ U-turn

Additionally, Chandelure is a really lackluster Pokemon and is only good for breaking stall, there are better Calm Mind Sweepers and Ghost Types out there. I'd use Calm Mind Reuniclus over it, if I were you, since it has the bulk to take on hits from powerful Pokemon like Virizion and Conkeldurr and then set wisk them away with an already powerful attack, or get up a Calm Mind on them and prepare to sweep.

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Thank you for the suggestions.

If I were to add Infernape and Reuniclus, should I remove Whimsicott as well? Otherwise I would have 3 weaknesses to Bug.

@Alexial357: Thanks for pointing out that I forgot to add the 2 Grass weaknesses. I knew about it but forgot to add it to the post. I IV bred for a Magikarp in the spring incase I ever wanted to use a Gyarados on my team, so that's something to consider. I bred for a Jolly nature, however.

Years
Thank you for the suggestions.

If I were to add Infernape and Reuniclus, should I remove Whimsicott as well? Otherwise I would have 3 weaknesses to Bug.

@Alexial357: Thanks for pointing out that I forgot to add the 2 Grass weaknesses. I knew about it but forgot to add it to the post. I IV bred for a Magikarp in the spring incase I ever wanted to use a Gyarados on my team, so that's something to consider. I bred for a Jolly nature, however.

Well you could use Infernape over Whimsicott instead, since Magnezone isn't awful, it's just more useful when you have multiple dragon types. Honestly, you shouldn't really worry about weaknesses to certain types of attacks, rather weaknesses to certain Pokemon, since all you have to do to assure that bug attacks won't be a problem is to keep Magnezone alive, but since there are Pokemon like Volcarona which carry Bug, Fire and sometimes Ground moves, you have to account for the Pokemon as a whole and all the attacks it commonly carries.

TheGr8

lovely pair<3
Years
Sup Latios, I know you know me from SHC. I havent been hunting just battling. lol

But I agree with the Banded Infernape as you will be able to outspeed many pokes, besides latios. You can also be able to scout what your opponent will do if you u-turn and they switch or whatever.

I honestly like Gengar over Reun. I just find myself being able to use Gengar to just devour.

This is the set I run.

Substitute
Hidden Power Fire or Tbolt
Shadow Ball
Focus Blast

4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

Personally I would run HP fire mainly to counter Scizor and has come in handy when it comes to that. I'm not saying to use Gengar because you have Magnezone and the resistance to many types with it. I just really liked Gengar if you needed to switch out. Unless you are dead set on Calm Mind sets for a SpA then I say go for it. Karpman's idea was fantastic reason being is because Reun is bulky, and Chandy is well, I tried one on my team the same set you ran and I had no luck with it because I couldn't set up and even if I had a Focus Sash it wouldn't have mattered.

Good luck my friend :)

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Hey, TheGr8. Yes, I know you from the SHC. Thanks for the suggestion.

I replaced Whimsicott with Infernape and Chandelure with Gengar.

Back