• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The 2013 Academy Award Nominations are here!

Years
Sally Field wasn't that bad. :( I just think it wasn't the best written role and that compared to Daniel Day-Lewis' performance very few people would have done better.

So... will the Golden Globes be any indication of how the Oscars go? Les Mis did well. So did Argo.

Rest

Showstealer Pro: Trial Version
Years
Sally Field wasn't that bad. :( I just think it wasn't the best written role and that compared to Daniel Day-Lewis' performance very few people would have done better.

So... will the Golden Globes be any indication of how the Oscars go? Les Mis did well. So did Argo.

I'm okay with most of the Golden Globes' choices.

I'm not fond of Lincoln, so if this really is an indication, I'd be fine with Argo winning Best Picture... but the fact that Ben Affleck wasn't even nominated for Best Director makes its unlikely to win (I'm guessing).

I'm really interested in who's going to win in Best Supporting Actor.

@ Cat : You're mine too <3

Years
Ok so change of heart here:

As amazing as Daniel Day Lewis was in Lincoln, I really want Bradley Cooper to win Best Actor, as improbable as that may be, and for Robert De Niro to win Best Supporting Actor. In fact, just give them all to Silver Linings.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
bumpity bump
As amazing as Daniel Day Lewis was in Lincoln, I really want Bradley Cooper to win Best Actor, as improbable as that may be, and for Robert De Niro to win Best Supporting Actor. In fact, just give them all to Silver Linings.
I'm leaning this way, bar De Niro, as well, actually. After finally getting a chance to see Playbook, I think Cooper outperformed Lewis role-wise. Of course, they both still greatly deserve the award, but I can't seem to perceive a reality in which Cooper doesn't win Best Actor. Then again, I could have felt the same way when Lewis bested Cooper at the Golden Globes, so...

Years
Since I haven't gotten around to seeing most of the movies nominated (and certainly won't by tomorrow) I'm kinda not at all interested in the awards this year. 'Tis a shame, since every year I tell myself I should try to see a bunch of the nominees so I can have a better understanding of how the academy is totally biased picks its winners.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I'm not watching it , cause award shows never really interested me. However I just heard Brave won Best Animated Movie and not Wreck-It Ralph like I was hoping what would win.
That really disappointing cause that movie was really good looking.Though I've never seen most of the nominees so I can't really care for anything else really.

Years
Just wanted to say that Life of Pi should've won Best Picture. But then again, I've never even seen Argo. :P
And yeah, I'm pretty mad that Wreck It Ralph didn't win Best Animated Feature.

Years
I'm not watching it , cause award shows never really interested me. However I just heard Brave won Best Animated Movie and not Wreck-It Ralph like I was hoping what would win.
That really disappointing cause that movie was really good looking.Though I've never seen most of the nominees so I can't really care for anything else really.

I sorta saw it coming for Brave winning, I know that Pixar films tend to be successful in that category. Never watched Brave but I have to say it had a good protagonist in Merinda. Not to mention it broke Pixar's trend of normally having male characters as the lead protagonist in their films.

Wreck-It Ralph was good as far as looks go, the characters were fun.

Just wanted to say that Life of Pi should've won Best Picture. But then again, I've never even seen Argo. :P
And yeah, I'm pretty mad that Wreck It Ralph didn't win Best Animated Feature.

Argo has been very successful recently despite its director (Ben Affleck) being a first-timer in the field. I never saw this movie, but there must be some charm that made it so successful.

I was sad all the Aussies up for awards got snubbed again, it's happened several times and given most of their competition were heavily favored. I knew Daniel Day-Lewis would win Best Actor for that portrayal of Abraham Lincoln in Lincoln. At least these Oscars had the youngest-ever Best Actress nominee in Quvenzhané Wallis (how do you even say that name?), she was not too bad despite her really young age.

Years
Looks like Daniel Day-Lewis, Jennifer Lawrence, and Anne Hathaway won. Ho-hum. Not surprised in the slightest. The only thing more expected was Adele winning best song.

That said, looking over the wins, I'm kinda glad that they spread the awards out over several movies. Ang Lee got the directing award for Life of Pi. Hathaway, Lawrence, and DDL got wins for their movies. Argo got best picture. Amour won best foreign language film. No out-and-out sweep. A little love for (almost) everyone.

Years
I never really cared much for Argo, I would have preferred Silver Linings to win. I am very glad that Christoph Waltz won again for Best Supporting Actor in Django Unchained.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
It was really boring night. Nothing terribly unexpected. Didn't like Seth very much. I like him normally (him, like when he's doing the talk show circuit. Not a fan of his shows), but a lot of his jokes fell flat. And the ceremony overall just felt poorly produced.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Agh, it turns out I happened to not see Argo, but it won Best Picture so that must mean something, right? Haha, we'll see when it comes out on DVD and I feel lonely and end up pushing myself to go out and rent it from Hastings. I was so happy Lawrence won Best Actress. That just put a huge smile on my face, you don't even know. And Ang Lee went on and on when he won his award, aaah.

All in all I'm not too surprised about anything except Brave taking Best Animated Film. Like... what!? Wreck-it-Ralph was so obviously better than Brave.

Back