• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Hack of the Year] Nomination Round - 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years

Best Mapping:

1st Dark Cry: Legend Of Giratina by mitchel1 (13)
2nd Azure Horizons by frostbite (12)
3rd Genesis by thrace (9)

Best Scripting:

1st Eruption by cooley (29)
2nd Light platinum by wesley fg (5)
3rd Never Black&White by ҳ̸Ҳrichie (4)

Most Graphically Appealing:

1st Light Platinum by wesley fg (15)
2nd Crono by >dante< (7)
3rd {TIED} Liquid Crystal, Genesis, Dark Cry: Legend Of Giratina (6)

Best Storyline:

1st ToxicPurple by ckret2 (11)
2nd Ruby Destiny: Life Of Guardians by destinedjagold (10)
3rd Legend Of Fenju by neti (5)

Most Engaging:

1st Light Platinum by wesley fg (9)
2nd Azure Horizons by frostbite (7)
3rd Legend Of Fenju by neti (6)

Overall Favorite:

1st Light Platinum by wesley fg (10)
2nd {TIED} Azure Horizons and Ruby Destiny: Life Of Guardians (7)
3rd {TIED} Liquid Crystal and ToxicPurple (4)

FAN FAVORITE:

1st Light Platinum by wesley fg (44)
2nd Eruption by cooley (35)
3rd Ruby Destiny: Life Of Guardians by destinedjagold (30)

Five Hacks Through To Round 2

The five hacks that collected the most votes have progressed through to Round 2. These are, Light Platinum; Eruption; Ruby Destiny: Life Of Guardians; Dark Cry: Legend Of Giratina and Azure Horizons. Azure Horizons and Dark Cry, both collected 29 votes. Getting the last two spots.

Awards

Mapping:
Mapping1.png
Mapping2.png
Mapping3.png

Scripting:
Scripting1.png
Scripting2.png
Scripting3.png

Graphical Appeal:
Appeal1.png
Appeal2.png
Appeal3.png

Best Storyline:
Storyline1.png
Storyline2.png
Storyline3.png

Most Engaging:
Engaging1.png
Engaging2.png
Engaging3.png

Overall Favorite:
Overall1.png
Overall2.png
Overall3.png

Fan Favorite:
Fan1.png
Fan2.png
Fan3.png
Fan4-5.png

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
I'm a little disappointed that only one hack that I voted for got through to Round 2 but its better than nothing I suppose. Congratulations to everyone that won an award and good luck to all the hacks that got through. Can't wait to see what Round 2 will be like.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
I'm a little disappointed that only one hack that I voted for got through to Round 2 but its better than nothing I suppose. Congratulations to everyone that won an award and good luck to all the hacks that got through. Can't wait to see what Round 2 will be like.

Yeah, a similar outcome here. Looks like the prediction I made my not be coming true anytime soon. =\

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
Well, some results were expected and some weren't. Some of them I just downright disagree with. How in the world is Dark Cry the owner of Best Mapping, when there's no playable alpha or beta and the screenshots pretty much only show the insides of buildings? ):

But I really wasn't pleased that Never Black & White didn't make it through. I just started playing that the last few days and I enjoy it more than I do most of the other hacks that made it to Round 2.

But anyways, nice job to all, and congratulations. Wish you luck in the future. ;D

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 24, 2021
I think Dark Cry won the Best Mapping section because its author Mitchel1 post his hack's maps in the Map review thread.

I'll be rooting for the underdog, Azure Horizons but from the looks of it, Light Platinum might win this year.

Master Terrador

Mostly Dead
Years
Pleased with the results, Congrats to Wesley, Cooley and Jagold!

And agreeing with Vrai that Never Black & White should have made it further. D:

Years
I'll be rooting for the underdog, Azure Horizons but from the looks of it, Light Platinum might win this year.
From past results, I'd say the most fan favourite doesn't affect the votes of the final judges. The best reasonably popular hack will win.
Evidence: Shiny Gold never won Hack of the Year.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
In Shiny Gold's case it lost that time and never wanted to participate again. D: (Heck, it's now why Hack of the Week exists.)

Sadly, it didn't stop people from calling the judges on bias that year. Someone even went to call one of the judges biased. The hole in that idea? He hadn't been on PC before the month I asked him to judge. Meaning, he had no idea about the hacks in question. 9_9

Yeah, but that's 2 years ago, we need to move on. I'm also kinda disappointed that Pokemon Brown 2009 didn't get through, I thought it was a cert.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
Just going to get this out here, I know people may be disappointed their favourites might not of got through. But it's the public opinion. ):

Esmas

General
Years
Congratulations to everyone who won. Sadly, I didn't have much time to work on a hack and even get a chance to be in this, but congrats to all the winners anyway. I'm glad I voted for the hacks that are in these results. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back