• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Official PokéCommunity Shipping Debates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
It's so they don't have to replace him. There would likely be quite a bit of fan backlash if Ash was replaced, and making a kids' show based around a 20-year-old hero... wouldn't work very well, I don't think. I personally would like to see Ash age and grow over the course of the series, with the show progressing with him. You know, turning it into something that appeals more to a teen audience. And have a second series running with the girl/boy of the current generation as the main character, so there is still a kid hero of Pokemon.

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2016
It's so they don't have to replace him. There would likely be quite a bit of fan backlash if Ash was replaced, and making a kids' show based around a 20-year-old hero... wouldn't work very well, I don't think. I personally would like to see Ash age and grow over the course of the series, with the show progressing with him. You know, turning it into something that appeals more to a teen audience. And have a second series running with the girl/boy of the current generation as the main character, so there is still a kid hero of Pokemon.

HAHA Yah it'd be worse than when the replaced Brock back in the Orange Islands. Hmm I'm fine with Ash being 10 or becoming a teen, long as Ash remains the main character.

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
Years

Yeah I agree. I think Best Wishes is one of the first besides the original to not have one of the girls from the game as the main character. I laughed when they said he was still 10 but then again this is Pokemon after all. They should probably have a separate series of Pokemon for the older teens that still like the show but make it more grown up but I don't think that'll happen.

Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2012
Yeah I agree. I think Best Wishes is one of the first besides the original to not have one of the girls from the game as the main character.
I think you mean "not to have one of the female protagonists as a main character." Because obviously, Misty and Iris are from the game.

Shedinjareese

Undercover Rocket
Years
Does anyone else get this weird feeling that Iris is basically the Pokemon Anime death knoll? She's kind of Misty rebooted. She seems *designed* for Ash. This is the beginning but it might be the beginning of the end. Anyone hear of more plans for games after B&W? Because I heard Heartgold/Soulsilver would be the last but if B&W was the last new generation I wouldn't be surprised. But at the same time, I would be.

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Nim
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
Hey there, long time no see. :D

No, Generation V is absolutely, definitely not the last of this franchise. Once the interest in Pokemon wanes, and it will die down, it's only a matter of when, then it will be considered the last generation.

I'm not sure if she's designed for Ash. Based on the last few episodes I've seen (and I'm including the original) it doesn't look that way.

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2016
Does anyone else get this weird feeling that Iris is basically the Pokemon Anime death knoll? She's kind of Misty rebooted. She seems *designed* for Ash. This is the beginning but it might be the beginning of the end. Anyone hear of more plans for games after B&W? Because I heard Heartgold/Soulsilver would be the last but if B&W was the last new generation I wouldn't be surprised. But at the same time, I would be.

Well, I like Negaishipping and think she's a great match for Ash. However, I hope it doesn't end at Best Wishes, I'd like another arc with Ash/Iris together. We don't normally have any news on the next series till maybe nearly the end of the series. I think its just the begining of a new generation if that makes, new animation, new characters with Ash.

For the episode that just aired today, lots of CafeMochashipping I'd say. I mean the entire episode
Spoiler:

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 27, 2023
Ash...and Iris?

in all honesty, I don't think Ash will ever get romantic, unless its in a movie
(Like when Latias kissed him in Heroes)

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2016
I don't know if any Ash ship will become canon either, even at the end of the series. Fans would go insane if that happened, look at what's happing with Naruto right now? Aaahh the Wars!! However, I do think Negaishipping is cute and look for hints, its a favorite Best Wishing ship.

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
Years
Pffft, you all know that Ash is going to be forever alone and become an old man himself... okay, maybe with his old Pikachu.

I haven't watched the series since the Arti gym battle, so what's going on, anyway? ...besides the fact that Ash VS Trip became a draw and our main character got a Palpitoad while Cilan got a Stunfisk, that is - learned them all from Bulbapedia.

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 27, 2023
What's Ash/Dent, Cafeshipping?

and Dent caught a derpfish?

awesome, now we can let the whoopie cushion jokes start!

don't hate me for calling Cilan "Dent"

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 27, 2023
personally, I'm only a real fan of Pearl and Advance shipping

May is cute
Dawn is supportive
Iris is...barbed I guess

and then there's Angie, who was at the summer school training thing and whose parents run a daycare, she's obviously got a crush on Ash, who is as oblivious as a rock while everyone else isn't...

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
CafeMocha is amazing <3
I don't support Advance, mainly 'cause Contest is... well, Contest. And Pearl... I can't. I don't like Dawn enough.

Oh and I did a thing...
Spoiler:
/hides

Nutella

♫ Purple Hurple ♫
Years
I still don't know why some people think any Ash ship will become canon. I think some people keep on forgetting that Pokemon is a little boys' show, not a fanservice for its older, creepier female fans like myself (though it's hard to believe sometimes, I know).

Ash will indeed be ALONE FOREVER. Nobody, other than sad, older fans (again, like myself) even moderately cares who he'll end up with.

That's why Pokemon fan fiction thriiiiives.

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 27, 2023
That...or he'll become some perverted Blaine-like man living with a harem of girls at his beck and call o.o

the Dawn/Zoey and other girlxgirl ships amuse me

but some of the...erm...fictions are well written...

although a LOT of writers seem to have never played pokemon properly

*3 word contest, 50 paragraphs of material that might not be suitable to people under the age of 18...*

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
Years
I ship both Contest and Advanceshipping but I never liked Pearlshipping at all. I don't know why, maybe because I liked Ash with May better and liked Dawn with Barry so Pearlshipping didn't appeal to me as much. If Ash doesn't find a woman that he loves then yes he will be alone forever not unless he goes with his Pikachu to make it "Pikashipping" (If I could remember the name for that).

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 27, 2023
Ashchushipping?
probably is Pikashipping
I have no idea
Spoiler:

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
Years
Ash x Pikachu is Pikashipping last time I checked. My friend made videos with them all the time so yeah I remember now.

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 27, 2023
any human/pokemon shipping is a tad creepy and the pictures aren't that much better...
and there's rarely any good male/male couples

Ash and Gary..they're more like brothers if anything

Dawn/Barry? *shudders*
I'd rather be forced to watch Hikarishipping

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back