• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Hey
How do you get Landorus

You need Tornadus and Thundurus, the two other Kamis, and then you need to go to the Abundant Shrine with them.

You can only get one in each game, so you'll have to trade for both.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 13, 2013
I am looking for a good flying pokemon. I just got HM fly and I don't have any flying pokemon to teach it to. I was either thinking a ducklett or a pidove, but if you have any other suggestions please let me know.

Drekin

We all live in a...
Years
I am looking for a good flying pokemon. I just got HM fly and I don't have any flying pokemon to teach it to. I was either thinking a ducklett or a pidove, but if you have any other suggestions please let me know.

I've been using Sigilyph since the first time I went to Relic Castle. It is faster than a lot of non-flying pokemon and its high Sp.Atk is great for taking out most Dragons. It has taken out Haxorus and Garchomps with just one Ice beam many times.
But if you already have a psychic pokemon I recommend ducklet/swanna. I've battled at least 6 of them in Random Match-ups and all of them can really help out your team, especially in triple battles.

Years
In regards to Random Matchups, I heard they aren't available until Global Link launches. However, I've also heard people have been playing them. Any clarification?

Drekin

We all live in a...
Years
In regards to Random Matchups, I heard they aren't available until Global Link launches. However, I've also heard people have been playing them. Any clarification?

To do Random Match-ups, go to a pokemon center, then talk to the lady to the right. There should be a Random Match-up option. Then pick whatever type of battle you want to do. (I only do triple battles) Once you connect to Wi-fi there's an option for Free and I think the other is Ranked or something like that. I haven't tried the other option besides Free so I don't know if it works or not.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 13, 2013
I've been using Sigilyph since the first time I went to Relic Castle. It is faster than a lot of non-flying pokemon and its high Sp.Atk is great for taking out most Dragons. It has taken out Haxorus and Garchomps with just one Ice beam many times.
But if you already have a psychic pokemon I recommend ducklet/swanna. I've battled at least 6 of them in Random Match-ups and all of them can really help out your team, especially in triple battles.

Thank you for the answer. I think I will go ducklett. I already have a musharna and frankly I dont like the look of sigilyph. I can also teach ducklett surf so now he can serve two purposes.

Last edited:
Years
To do Random Match-ups, go to a pokemon center, then talk to the lady to the right. There should be a Random Match-up option. Then pick whatever type of battle you want to do. (I only do triple battles) Once you connect to Wi-fi there's an option for Free and I think the other is Ranked or something like that. I haven't tried the other option besides Free so I don't know if it works or not.

Thing is, I've tried it and it said something was wrong with my pokemon when I know they were 100% legit. Same thing is happening to a friend (this is when we try to select Free... Maybe we'll try Ranked?)

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Thing is, I've tried it and it said something was wrong with my pokemon when I know they were 100% legit. Same thing is happening to a friend (this is when we try to select Free... Maybe we'll try Ranked?)

Make sure none of your Pokemon are on this list?

iTeruri

iAm
Years
So I caught a Sawsbuck in my Pokémon White version during the autumn. It's winter now, but my Sawsbuck is still autumn forme. Why? Shouldn't it change form to the much more beautiful winter forme?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
So I caught a Sawsbuck in my Pokémon White version during the autumn. It's winter now, but my Sawsbuck is still autumn forme. Why? Shouldn't it change form to the much more beautiful winter forme?

Did you start the Blanket with it saying Autumn and watched it change to Winter? Try saving, turning the Blanket off and restarting it.

Edit: TURN OFF YO BLANKET

iTeruri

iAm
Years

Did you start the Blanket with it saying Autumn and watched it change to Winter? Try saving, turning the Blanket off and restarting it.

Edit: TURN OFF YO BLANKET

I turned the game off and restarted it, but Sawsbuck is still all autumn-like. I guess I'll just have to catch another one for the winter forme.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I turned the Blanket off and restarted it, but Sawsbuck is still all autumn-like. I guess I'll just have to catch ancrazy one for the winter forme.

It should change with the seasons. I would recommend waiting a bit for it to change before you go out and catch a new one. It will change if it's in your party, it's just a matter of when.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
My White version is still showing up as autumn, it should be winter right? My DS n' 3DS clocks are all right and dates...

Years
Hey, I'm currently in the middle of EV training my Pokémon and I needed something cleared up.

If I attach a Power item to a freshly hatched level 1 Pokémon and then switch him out so I can kill the opposing Pokémon with another member of my team, will I still get the +4 EV bonus for my level 1 Pokémon? [ontop of the EV attained from the opposing Pokémon?]

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
So there is no definite way of knowing when Sawsbuck will change form?

Cryptys

Vulpix/Ponyta Fanatic
Years
  • Age 40
  • Seen Nov 24, 2017
So there is no definite way of knowing when Sawsbuck will change form?

I went to Icirrus City to verify that it was Winter there (all the piles of snow, etc.) then saved my game outside of the PokeCenter. I then turned the DS off and back on (with Deerling in my party the entire time), and Deerling's coat had changed when I turned it back on and the game said "Winter" upon starting my save.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I know that the Royal Unova docks out in the evening but it still doesn't work for me...I even checked Serebii for the times that it docks and tried it but it still doesn't work, does anyone know why?

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2012
Does the number of trainers at Black City vary depending on how LONG it took you to complete the game, or the opposite?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back