• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
Years
'Kay. Also, I read somewhere that the last Rocket grunt from HG/SS is in Icirrus City, but I haven't seen him. Where is he?

He is only available during the Winter. Near the bottom of Icirrus City, go right, and there will be some ice mounds. He's near the Windmill.

Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2014
You can only go there in Winter, his in the house north of the city. He looks like a biker and he says he used to be with team rocket but now he has a family, his wife I believe gives you a rare candy bar from mahogangy
'Kay. Also, I read somewhere that the last Rocket grunt from HG/SS is in Icirrus City, but I haven't seen him. Where is he?

beca

◔_____◔
Years
I've just caught my first shiny, and remember reading something about RNG abuse back when I was trying to find one in HG. Does anyone know if this RNG thing works in Pokemon Black/White, and if so, how to do it? Thank you =]

Edit - is it also possible to obtain power items in Black and White? I want to EV train this shiny.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I've just caught my first shiny, and remember reading something about RNG abuse back when I was trying to find one in HG. Does anyone know if this RNG thing works in Pokemon Black/White, and if so, how to do it? Thank you =]

Edit - is it also possible to obtain power items in Black and White? I want to EV train this shiny.

I know RNG abuse is possible because my boyfriend was just looking things up about it, but he said as of now you still need an AR for one part of it. In two weeks he said the newest version would be out where you wouldn't need one, but I don't know too much about it.

And you can get power items in the Battle Subway for 16 BP each.

TheBigMan0706

Monster hunting Snivy
Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2016
Eelektrik training

I know this might be the wrong board to put this in, but i have a question about Eelektrik. I'm currently training one, and i am wondering. Which moves should Eelektrik know before i can evolve it into an Eelektross?

Pwnyta Jockey

Bees Hate You, Pwnyta!
Years
You just need all eight badges and then it will start storming on Route 7, then the version-exclusive legendary (Tornadus in Black (I think) and Thundurus in White (again, I think...it might be the opposite way around...)) will appear after the old lady rapes tells you the story.

Saving before the gatehouse attendant of Route 10 (northern Opelucid City) tells of the storm allows the player to encounter the "genie" of a nature, luster, stat spread that suits them.

Did not know this when at that point in my Black, but know and do this sometimes (in future runs) using mhy White game.

I know this might be the wrong board to put this in, but i have a question about Eelektrik. I'm currently training one, and i am wondering. Which moves should Eelektrik know before i can evolve it into an Eelektross?

Wrong board in my opinion. But there are a few threads in which this can go.

Acid Spray, Gastro Acid & Coil

Coil = ups physical attack, defense, and accuracy; geared for physical
Gastro Acid = cancels foes ability, gimmicky and learned at Lv64
Acid Spray = can drop the foes special defense by two levels (-2), similar to next hit being twice as strong

Everything else awesome comes from a TM.
Would be looking towards a Lv64 Eelektrik by the time of evolution consideration.

Last edited by a moderator:

The_Noob

Banned
Years

Just get a shitload of TM's, and then stick a Lucky Egg and go into the wilderness until you learn a crapload of moves it likes, and then give it the Thunderstone to make it an electric lamprey of doom.

Oh, and then just give it all the TM's it can learn.

Noob out.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
should i use dragonite or hyrdeigon???
For competitive terms, use Dragonite if you want to go on the defensive and support the team, or Hydreigon if you want to outright attack.

In-game, however, go with Dragonite because it's easier to get than Hydreigon.

My own question: I know that Everstone breeding works on males (the males hold the Everstone to increase the chances of passing down its nature to the offspring in the Gen IV games), but does it work in B/W?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
For competitive terms, use Dragonite if you want to go on the defensive and support the team, or Hydreigon if you want to outright attack.

My own question: I know that Everstone breeding works on males (the males hold the Everstone to increase the chances of passing down its nature to the offspring in the Gen IV games), but does it work in B/W?

According to Bulbapedia, it works no matter what gender as of HGSS, and there are no signs saying it's different in B/W.

The_Noob

Banned
Years

1) Ahem... Hydreigon is rather easy to get (ie; evolve from Deino) if you have alot of time, and a Lucky Egg. Just onto Routes 12 and 11 and grind in the dark grass. He should level up quickly with enough time.

Fishing for a Dragonite is rather noobish anyways.

2) Probably. Just try it yourself with two Pokemon you don't care about.

Noob out.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Yes it does. Breeding features that were used in Gen IV have been carried over to B/W.

Ninja'd, but that's what I get.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 5, 2021
Yea, I got a question. Half of Route 18 I can't get to. I tried everything, but I don't know how to get to the other half of that island on Route 18, where the double grass.

Help?

Years
  • Seen Feb 23, 2013
1) Ahem... Hydreigon is rather easy to get (ie; evolve from Deino) if you have alot of time, and a Lucky Egg. Just onto Routes 12 and 11 and grind in the dark grass. He should level up quickly with enough time.

Fishing for a Dragonite is rather noobish anyways.

2) Probably. Just try it yourself with two Pokemon you don't care about.

Noob out.

i have both but idk which one would i benefit more with

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Yea, I got a question. Half of Route 18 I can't get to. I tried everything, but I don't know how to get to the other half of that island on Route 18, where the double grass.

Help?
Careful navigating in-between the currents befor eht eisland is how you get there. Not that easy but just try going around the middle of it and poking through different paths here and there.

The_Noob

Banned
Years
i have both but idk which one would i benefit more with

Hydreigon. It's a ****ing death machine, baby. This thing can take out teams all by itself.

Careful navigating in-between the currents befor eht eisland is how you get there. Not that easy but just try going around the middle of it and poking through different paths here and there.

Explain a little more, please.

Noob out.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
Years
Hydreigon. It's a ****ing death machine, baby. This thing can take out teams all by itself.

Explain a little more, please.

Noob out.

Keyaki & Noob-- Like move/backtrack in between the current areas, in the water just off the Lab. Took me a while to do it but was kinda obvious when i figured it out.

Lucifer

Fallen1
Years
Hello,
So I have gone through my entire Black game play in the season Autumn. Now I forget exactly how the season changing works except that it is supposedly monthly. I am pretty sure I remember that the month of April is winter.

So why then when I turned on my game a few moments ago to check out this master ball guy did I find my game still in Autumn?

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
Years
Hello,
So I have gone through my entire Black game play in the season Autumn. Now I forget exactly how the season changing works except that it is supposedly monthly. I am pretty sure I remember that the month of April is winter.

So why then when I turned on my game a few moments ago to check out this master ball guy did I find my game still in Autumn?

That s normal. It will change to winter when you walk out of the building or whatever you are in, outside :)

Lucifer

Fallen1
Years

That s normal. It will change to winter when you walk out of the building or whatever you are in, outside :)

What if I am already outside? I am on the route ten bridge after defeating Cheren and I did not save after checking out the master ball guy, didn't need to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back