• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Preferred e-mail client?

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
I prefer Windows Live Hotmail. One of the reasons I prefer it is because I can make e-mail aliases for my main address to handle spam and protect against possible junk mail. Also, unlike Gmail's alias option, The alias doesn't have to be related to the root address. Thus, it's harder for spam businesses to target your aliases. :)

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I use my Hotmail account for spam mails and stuffs I won't really need. And I use Gmail for business mails and important account informations.

Years
I use Gmail, Hotmail and email provided by ISP (Verizon). I receive all of my emails in Windows Live Mail.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
I use mail. The only email I check is my Mobile Me / iCloud address (maaaaaybe my gmail every now than then), even though I have soooo many email accounts.

Years
I'm split between using both Hotmail (now Outlook) and GMail, with no real preference to one over the other. My Hotmail address continues to be my main account, though, as it's the same e-mail address that I've had for 8 1/2 years, and basically anything I've signed up for in the past is linked to that rather than my GMail.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
Gmail, used to have lots of hotmail/Windows Live accounts for making game accounts, as they are easy to make then, but now... I only use my Gmail account.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
I prefer Hotmail for my important emails like Amazon and Play.com and Gmail for my forum accounts and games and junk mail of course.

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
Years
Gmail has worked the best for me! It's simple to use, has a nice layout, and I like the overall neatness of it.

Years
I mostly use hotmail purely because that was my original email account. I've signed up to way to many sites using that email to change it now, so I just put up with it.
All of my new email addreses are done through gmail though. I prefer the layout of it all and the integration with the rest of Google's products.

Aeon.

Carrion
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 22, 2016
I have a bunch of different addresses for multiple different reasons. So instead I just throw them all into Thunderbird. If I'm forced to pick though: Gmail due to how straightforward it is.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 16, 2019
I use Sparrow for my Gmail and custom email accounts simply because I'm a sucker for good user interfaces. I use email more than instant messengers nowadays and actually it's been like that for the past three or so years so having a good email client is crucial. It's a shame that the team behind Sparrow left to work for Google. There will be more feature updates done to the client and if there will be any updates it'll be security fixes.

Sparrow is still useable, no doubt, but sooner or later it'll have to be replaced. I'm patiently waiting for Unibox, .Mail, and perhaps the native Mac client of Mail Pilot.

Lunar Crescent

I choose you pikachu!
Years
I use hotmail, easy to use and i can block Spammers easily, i have a Gmail account but i don't know where anything is!, thus i don't use it hehe.

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
I have a bunnnnnnnch of Yahoo emails, and Yahoo is waaaaaay better than GMail, imo.

Back