• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Official glitch discussion thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2008
What about the invisible PC in that place at celadon?
That's not really a glitch, but it's quite cool.

Amy-chan

Has vacated the premises
Years
YAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!! Love glitches!! Love glitches!! *everyone stares and remarks at my "wonderful language".* What about the one where you either deposit or never obtain a key at Cinnibar and surf where you find Missingno. then get out of the water where the door is? The screen will say " The door is locked." Before pressing A, look on the roof. You'll see a man. Once you press A, the man will come down.

MiNuN*

『yakusoku no nohara』
Years
hm. er....uh....
u ask the guy in viridian city and hes asks u the blah blah and u say no.....then he will show u how to blah blah....after that surf to cinnabar go to the right most tiiingy where it looks like ur on half land, half sea. u will find pokemon over level 100....
*thoughts about it............. ... ... ...okie who cares just try it*

Years
MiNuN* said:
hm. er....uh....
u ask the guy in viridian city and hes asks u the blah blah and u say no.....then he will show u how to blah blah....after that surf to cinnabar go to the right most tiiingy where it looks like ur on half land, half sea. u will find pokemon over level 100....
*thoughts about it............. ... ... ...okie who cares just try it*

Thats the MissingNo. glitch..
Well i saw a glitch about pokemon stats, i havent tried it though.. it was something about if you deposit your pokemon into your box its stats will be changed, based on how much EXP it has.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2008
Oh, I forgot about this one- Try use a fishing rod on a statue, i'm sure it works, I got this one from the official nintendo magazine R/B walkthrough.

Amy-chan

Has vacated the premises
Years
Muffin Man said:
Oh, I forgot about this one- Try use a fishing rod on a statue, i'm sure it works, I got this one from the official nintendo magazine R/B walkthrough.
I tried that before. Thanks for reminding me of it. I forgot about it. All I ever hooked in a statue was Magikarp! :(

BoSox18

GO SOX!
Years
The Glitch Town- Glitch

Enter The Saffari Zone, Then Fly Somowhere and WALK to the saffari zone again, walk in and when the guy asks u if u wanna leave say "no", then go out the way u came and ull be in glitchtown :)

The Archaic Adept

Master of Ages Past
Years
Ugh, stop posting what they said they don't want. An interesting thing to note about the Missingno trick is the following:

Go to Safari Zone and walk around until your time is up (go as deep as you can into Safari Zone just to be safe). Now do the Missingno trick (you know what to do) and now when you are surfing up and down Cinnabar Island, you will encounter, besides the regulars (Missingno and high-level Pokemon) the Pokemon from Safari Zone will show up, allowing you to battle them and catch them in any kind of Pokeball you wish.

MiNuN*

『yakusoku no nohara』
Years
BoSox18 said:
The Glitch Town- Glitch

Enter The Saffari Zone, Then Fly Somowhere and WALK to the saffari zone again, walk in and when the guy asks u if u wanna leave say "no", then go out the way u came and ull be in glitchtown :)

wut does glitch town look like? ...

Amy-chan

Has vacated the premises
Years
MiNuN* said:
wut does glitch town look like? ...
It looks like houses cut in half, jumbled numbers, a cave entrance you can walk on and,basically, messed up sprites. Also if you go to Cycling Road instead of Cinnibar, you get a different place when you exit. If you go to Lavender instead of Cinnibar, you'll end up right outside of a house in Lavender when you exit. Also like someone said(sorry, not good at remembering names.) stop posting stuff that people don't want you to post.(Glitch City, Missingno.,Mew)

theclaw

Haruhi Mania
Years
  • Seen Feb 23, 2023
What about the one where a wild Pokemon using Transform becomes Ditto forever? I discovered it when looking for Mew. The best way to get around this glitch is to make sure the Mew you're trying to catch is level 9 or lower. I haven't tested it in the newer versions yet.

Years
Use ditto on any pokemon. After ditto transforms, use select to move attacks around. After the battle your ditto will have a move called COOLTRAINER. If you use it your game will MESS UP. SAVE before tring this.

I just found 2 more gliches
1. I ONCE talked to the game system in my room then walked away. I turned and it said I was playing it while sideways!
2. At the mart, I got Oaks parcel then talked to the guy agen. The message appered at the bottem with someone on top of it!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2023
i love glitches. girl genius, what do you mean you turned it??
i dont understand that one....

Years
PokeGlitch said:
i love glitches. girl genius, what do you mean you turned it??
i dont understand that one....

Well, I talked to it then turned the caturecter like I was about to walk away.

Another glich...
L.0 diddo

1. do misingno. trick.
2. surf till you find L.0 M. NOT MISSINGNO.
3. Use master ball on it.(you can get alot of balls w/ missingno. trick
4. It will say "You caught M" but you will still be in battle.
5 Use another ball.
6. "You cought ditto" it will say.

Last edited:

Dranxis

Adorer of Sandslash
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 10, 2004
You should have heard of this one:

CUT down a bush, place yourself in the spot where it just stood, then save your game. Turn your game off, then on. Proceed to "Continue." When you reappear, you will be standing on a regrown bush.

Another one I discovered myself while aimlessly going about:

In Victory Road, get on your bicycle. Cycle towards a hole (such as the ones that you would push boulders into on the Sea Foam Islands) and go in. When you land on the next level, you will not be cycling, however the cycling music will be on.

Another my friend discovered:

Near the entrance of Mt. Moon, towards the Pokecenter, you will see a lone woman, who, when spoken to, comments about tripping over a Geodude. Wait until she is directly beneath a ledge, (there are many in the area) walk above it, then jump down. You will be standing atop a person. (Another variation of this glitch is standing in front of the woman, which forces her to go in another direction. Do this to trap her upon the Pokecenter door. It is somewhat amusing.)

Last edited:

Missingno.

Glitch
Years
Here's one: First go to cycling road, before entering(don't be riding the bike) hold down the button which you would use if you could walk past the guy who stops you well he is talking. You will walk right past him and can walk on cycling road. I tested this on my blue version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back