• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Around the PokeWorld in 80 Days

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
Years
Welcome to the race!

Now, despite the title and the word 'race' up there, this isn't really a race of any kind nor do you have to play under a certain time, but rather play and log your current times. You will play through all/"all" the main Pokemon games and write your time until beating the Champion and seeing if you can beat the current record on the page! Rules are also very simple, and the games are very fun.

Rules:​
~No hacking/Cheating permitted, normally Id allow this but since this is a 'how fast can you go' sort of run, you dont need any specific Pokemon or anything to go through. However, if you need a certain item to evolve that you can't get in game until post E4/via Pick Up, you may hack or trade the item in.
~You may mix this with whatever other Challenges youd like, the Story Challenge with writing your fast adventure or a Nuzlocke through all the regions, just have fun with it!
~This is about in-game time, not real life time. You will be adding up all your in-game times to eachother after you finish them. So say you played Red and got 23:56 hours, then in Gold you got 26:44 hours, you would add those together and continue like that with the rest of the games.
~While it is not against the rules, it is reccomended not to professionally speed run the game, use glitches, fast forward, or anything else along those lines so that everyone gets a real chance. If the record is a speed run of 6 hours total then not everyone will be able to go for that and it wouldnt be as much a motivation to them to play, but if its more like 60 hours total then everyone would have more of a chance to play.
~You can use old, unfinished games for this, but you might wanna check the times first! :P
~You only go until you beat the Champion and the credits finish rolling. Before the credits roll in Kalos' case, as the AZ battle is triggered automatically after. No Mt Silver, no Delta Episode, none of that is needed but you may do them if you want to still.
~Remakes do in fact count go ahead.

There are a few different things to sign up for, written in the spoiler so please choose what you can do:
Spoiler: Types of Challenges
Emulation
Even though it is named Emulation, that is only to show that it is available to be emulated on all games(beside omegaruby/alphasapphire). You can play this one on actual systems. To finish this you need to do Gen 1-5.

Fool
More of a pun on 'full' please dont be offened. ;3; To finish this you need to complete Gen 1-6.

Full
To finish this one, youll need to finish one game from Gen 1-7.

Single
If you want to play but only wanna play one game, time will be counted to Regional times.

Username:
Type of Challenge:
Games:

CURRENT RECORD: None yet

(There will be three different records for the different Challenges)

Spoiler: Challengers
DyingWillFlareon-Emulation

Spoiler: Champions
Your Name Here?

My sign up:
Username: DyingWillFlareon
Type of Challenge: Emulation (cant afford another kalos game and i cant reset Y)
Games: Yellow, Crystal, Sapphire, Platinum, White, White2

Good luck, trainers!!!!!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 22, 2017
I've been wanting to do something like this for ages! Although all of my games are at a point at which I don't really want to reset any of them (apart from maybe FR) so I'll have to put it off for now :(

Back