• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: New Pokémon Anime Trailer for Kanto Episodes released!

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
I see that Ash's Tauros has made a reappearance here (and going by how Lillie's reacting, she's not fond of them).

Anyways, given the huge amount of coverage these past few days, I'm pretty sure that's not the last we've seen of the coverage.

And honestly, we can't say they haven't changed at all. Not much, maybe, but then again, those are pretty much trademarks of them (Unfortunately regarding Brock). That said, eventually they're going to need to explain Misty's fear of bug Pokémon.

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
I see that Ash's Tauros has made a reappearance here (and going by how Lillie's reacting, she's not fond of them).

Anyways, given the huge amount of coverage these past few days, I'm pretty sure that's not the last we've seen of the coverage.

And honestly, we can't say they haven't changed at all. Not much, maybe, but then again, those are pretty much trademarks of them (Unfortunately regarding Brock). That said, eventually they're going to need to explain Misty's fear of bug Pokémon.

The Tauros scene is from Episode 1 of Sun and Moon, not the Kanto visit. As for Misty's fear of Bug Pokemon, it could be as simple as she doesn't like Bugs. I mean I don't like most Bugs either but I agree that there must be some underlying reason as to why she's scared of them so much.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 25, 2018
Bugs are a pretty common thing to be afraid of or find gross, I don't think an explanation is really necessary.

The trailer definitely has me excited for the upcoming episodes with the callbacks to the original series it presents. It'll be interesting to see how the Alola cast is worked in with Brock and Misty and anyone else from Kanto that shows up.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
The more they advertise this event, the more I applaud TPC. Why you ask? Because I can't recall the last time I've been hyped for a Pokemon Episode. XY had its moments with regards to Serena's Contests as I knew it involved Amourshipping(with Miette) but also the Gym Battles and League Tournaments were fun to watch. Sun and Moon, outside of the Kahuna battles and Akala Island, has been very bland and boring so far. Now with Brock and Misty coming back, I'm anxious to see these Episodes ASAP and then I realize I still have 13 days before the first Episode. *Cries*

CidHazard

just a miserable pile of secrets
Years
It's nice to see the SM team recreate some of the most Iconic still/scenes in the first saga. Wish I didn't see it in trailer form, but gotta say it kinda brings a tear to my eyes.

Still can't get into the new SM OP theme tho... sigh... I miss Volt...

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
It's nice to see the SM team recreate some of the most Iconic still/scenes in the first saga. Wish I didn't see it in trailer form, but gotta say it kinda brings a tear to my eyes.

Still can't get into the new SM OP theme tho... sigh... I miss Volt...

Miss XY that much huh? Theme for Sun and Moon was what they used for Season 1 if I'm not mistaken(pretty sure they haven't changed it yet either). Also I'm with you on the nostalgia factor. Will be very interested to see what the ratings for those two Episodes will be. I'll be shocked if it doesn't break 10 as the Original series scored really well in a NHK poll regarding all things Anime. Considering the two iconic companions from that series are returning, I would expect some decent ratings.

CidHazard

just a miserable pile of secrets
Years
Miss XY that much huh? Theme for Sun and Moon was what they used for Season 1 if I'm not mistaken(pretty sure they haven't changed it yet either). Also I'm with you on the nostalgia factor. Will be very interested to see what the ratings for those two Episodes will be. I'll be shocked if it doesn't break 10 as the Original series scored really well in a NHK poll regarding all things Anime. Considering the two iconic companions from that series are returning, I would expect some decent ratings.

Volt and Mega Volt were great songs, and when it accompanied a battle or evolution it made things more epic...

For comparison:
Here are two scenes from the Anime

Here's the Dub (Which had no OST)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nf-wG8egg1k

and The Original (Which had Volt)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuusTG3RYc0

Here's the return of the gym leaders which made me squeal in excitement.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4bnP8L_b1s

SM's 1st OP Alola was great, 2nd one not so much...

But anyway, The studio should've held out on some key things in the show. How awesome would it be to find out that Misty and Brock had a mega during their fight with Ash? or at least in the episode istelf, and not in some promo material. And again, the flashback scenes they should never have shown those...Now that they did It'll soften the emotional blow that those scenes will elicit when we see them in the episode.

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Volt and Mega Volt were great songs, and when it accompanied a battle or evolution it made things more epic...

For comparison:
Here are two scenes from the Anime

Here's the Dub (Which had no OST)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nf-wG8egg1k

and The Original (Which had Volt)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuusTG3RYc0

Here's the return of the gym leaders which made me squeal in excitement.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4bnP8L_b1s

SM's 1st OP Alola was great, 2nd one not so much...

But anyway, The studio should've held out on some key things in the show. How awesome would it be to find out that Misty and Brock had a mega during their fight with Ash? or at least in the episode istelf, and not in some promo material. And again, the flashback scenes they should never have shown those...Now that they did It'll soften the emotional blow that those scenes will elicit when we see them in the episode.

Bottom two links are blocked where I am(got to love Sony censorship no?) but I think I know what you're trying to show me in that the Japanese Dub had far more to it than the English Dub(which cut alot of things out). Part of the reason Serena got so popular is from Dori Dori(which they didn't have in the English Dub if I'm not mistaken) and I will admit is my 2nd favorite performer song(you can probably guess which is #1 in my book). Its why when I was ranking these series it was so freaking difficult to do so with regards to the top two. The other 3 series was basically in no particular order and was pretty much based on which series I disliked the least(and Black and White finished out on top with AG and Kanto following it due to me disliking Max and really disliking Tracey).

As I said, I'll be posting an updated list sometime soon(probably today if I can survive the heat today... going to be roughly 40 Celsius). I'll even be adding an updated rubric for it too ;)

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 19, 2019
This is gonna be suuuch a trip down memory lane. That, and a remix with old and new Pokémon and characters. It's gonna be iconic, I'm sure.

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
This definitely confirms SM canon to older seasons and regions. Knowing Misty and Brock are coming back is great although new anime designs are not what i like.

Back