• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [Hack of the Year 2009] Pokémon: Azure Horizons

Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2010
WOW. This hack is my favourite ever.

Honestly, it's professional, enjoyable, lengthy and... just awesome. Really, I can't express how awesome this seems to me. Frostbite, you REALLY deserve what you won for Hack of the Year. Once again, well done on this hacking masterpiece!

cspmoneymaker

Impressive hack !!! How long does the latest beta go ? :D

Years
The latest beta goes to Scarlet Gym which is the second. It ends when you give the Journal to Leon. Use cut in Scarlet Creek. Go east and Leon will talk to you. Go to the Scarlet Forest and battle a Team Tundra Grunt. When the grunt is gone get the item which should be the Journal, then go to the gatehouse south of the bridge in Scarlet Creek and give Leon the Journal. The next beta will go up to the third gym battle.

Frostbite

Ace Trainer
Years
I took a little break from hacking recently which explains the lack of updates. I've been way too busy with other stuff. I was working on the hack on and off for the past couple of months, but now I'm back to working on it fully again. The hack is not dead, it will be finished in the future. ;)

Anyway here's some stuff to expect in the next beta release.

Spoiler:

Moonshine

usally at midnight
Years
:D

Glad to hear 'tis not dead, 'tis alive! Nice updates and presentation. Your a great all-around hacker, and your producing what the community wants to see. Good job.

stonehearteddd

laces out~
Years
  • Seen Jun 10, 2010
Just applied the hack, about to play this, it looks really good! You did an amazing job on this.(:

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 10, 2013
I love the latest updates. The mapping is very professional. I'm too jealous. -.-

Very promising. Goodluck.

ase

learning How to Hack
Years
this looks very promising btw how long does the next beta go up to?

pr0udy

Wannabe Hacker
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 20, 2020
Be patient, Frostbite is extending the Beta to 4/5 gyms I guess? I will start with Torchic in the next beta as I did with Beta 1, since Blaziken is my favorite Pokemon.
I started with Torchic, too! I prefer Treecko, but Blaziken is way cooler than Sceptile.

I had a lot of fun with the beta. It feels very natural without being too same-y and the maps are quite fun to explore. Going up to the fourth gym would be a wise step, I think. Maybe add two gyms per beta? Or a gym and a small side-quest? I suppose the further into the game, the more time one tends to spend grinding or levelling up new team members, so it may be that adding only one gym in a later beta will still provide plenty of game time.

Of course, this is a ways of, but I'm only thinking far ahead because I almost can't wait for the next release! I'm sure it'll be well worth it though. Just a shame it's unsafe to use the same save file with a newly patched ROM. I've grown slightly attached to Long Socks the Sentret and Jet the Pidgeotto... "OTL

Last edited:

Frostbite

Ace Trainer
Years
Beta 2 is well on its way. I won't be giving any release dates, however.

Here's a screen of a new Gym Leader. The bad news is that she'll be replacing Katie, the Electric type Gym Leader. The reason behind this is that I believe the use of Electric type being the 3rd Gym has been overdone (kanto, hoenn, rijon, etc...) but regardless here is the new Gym Leader of Dordoran City.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
Beta 2 is well on its way. I won't be giving any release dates, however.

Here's a screen of a new Gym Leader. The bad news is that she'll be replacing Katie, the Electric type Gym Leader. The reason behind this is that I believe the use of Electric type being the 3rd Gym has been overused (kanto, hoenn, rijon, etc...) but regardless here is the new Gym Leader of Dordoran City.

Spoiler:

Veronica's sprite looks really nice. Her colours look really good together, and I like how you did her hair. However, her legs look a little weird to me; they look a little too jagged. :|

Years
I'm guessing the new 3rd Gym Leader uses Ghost or Dark Pokemon. Does this mean Dordoran City has changed? I think the buildings might change color and other things. I like it when ROM Hackers don't tell release dates because a lot of people would bother the creator of the ROM Hack and that would push the release further.

Back