• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Polar Version (Name subject to change)

assasinn

Pokemon MAULER
Years
pic_210.png
(Name subject to change)
Directory
I. Storyline
II. Features
III. Characters
IV. Media
V. Team

I. Storyline
The tale begins like all others- as a baby. Though, you are twins. Also, you are orphans. You never knew who your parents were, and another thing- its freezing cold. Luckily, you are found by the orphanage and taken in before the cold of night gets to you. In the orphanage, you develop a rivalry with your twin brother. Both of you are trying to to outmatch each other. You both also long for the parents which you have never known.
Part 1:
It is the snowy morning of a bitter sweet childhood. Your brother challenges you to a race, which you accept. Once down, the two of you spot something glowing in the snow. It is strange, like something you've never seen before, and emanates a powerful aura. The two of you fight over it, until breaking it almost cleanly into two pieces.
Part 2:
Cake, streamers, and perhaps a bounce house. That is usually what one expects on their birthday, at least a slice of cake if nothing else. The day preceding your tenth birthday, a snowstorm occurs. You are outside, lost in the blizzard, when you notice a faint noise. Inside a nearly frozen lake, a man is drowning. You rescue him. A few days later, the same man sees you at the orphanage with another man. He is a scientist, and the man he brings with him is the recruiter."Welcome to the Blanace Corps." the two say.
The men ask you several questions, before your true test- to catch a pokemon. They send you out to the field early on nearly defenseless, though you manage to catch something before dying. Lucky for you. The same test is administered to your brother, though he fails miserably, and you end up being the one who gets him out of his predicament.
Later that day, you are taken to the base of the Balance Corps.: A large sky-scraper about the size of the Sears Tower (Well, now the Willis Tower). Your brother sits in jealous rage, before running off to join Team Shrapnel.
Misc.
  • The region does in fact have a Pokemon League.
  • It is far north, but closest to Johto and Kanto (The ruin that Cynthia took you to in HGSS are in the region's territory). It has its own pokedex, and features several fakemon.
  • 5th gen pokemon are rare, except for cubchoo and its' evolution, which strives in the region, especially in its glacial...region.
  • There is a snow mobile route. Snow mobiles replace bikes, as bikes are obsolete in the snow.
Three major teams:
  • Team Shrapnel Rogue operatives from Team Rocket. The members of this organization are greatly feared among the region, and are infamous computer hackers.
  • Team Permafrost A team which consists mostly of mad scientists, and eccentrics. Their goal is to permanently freeze the planet, similar to the goals of team Magma, and team Aqua.
  • Balance Corps. The Balance Corps. are a little less known organization. They seek in complete domination of the world. Although their goals are crazy, it is because of them, that most technology is accessible in the Shura Region.
II. Planned Features
  • The three teams Look above
  • Unique Region The region of Shura, mostly covered in snow
  • Many Fakemon Shura is far from the other regions, so there are will no doubt be a large amount of fakemon
  • Custom Tileset This is self explanatory
  • Single Screen Touch Screen! This is also quite self explanatory. There is only a single screen, and you can "touch it". The menu option will be at one corner. I also plan on having the player be able to direct his or her character simply by clicking the direction they want to go.
  • New HM move You can't bike everywhere right? Now, you don't have to. Mush! It will replace HM 05 of 4th gen, and allow you to cover vast amounts of snow in minimal time! All you need is a pokemon that can learn it, and a sled!

III. Characters
I do not have sprites yet, at least not completed ones. nor do I have place holders. So here is just the characters and their descriptions.
You
The main character of the story of course! Most is revealed about your character at the beginning of the story. Everything else is of course defined by the player. The default names are Darren if male (After a musician by the alias of snow) and Yuki if female (The Japanese word for snow)
Alexander
Your twin brother and rival. He is arrogant and prideful, doing everything to make himself number one. Even when he loses, he'll try to convince himself that he won. On the inside, however, he is a scared child longing for parents he has never had, and approval of a sibling he's always had.
Valeria
Valeria is a friend from your childhood. Unlike you and your brother, she had began her journey the "traditional" way, and received her pokemon from a lab along with two other people. She is strong and kind of heart. Supportive as well. She shows a large amount of feminine pride, and often prefers handling things "her own way", whatever that may mean. Nevertheless, she gets the job done and that's what matters.
Ivan and Andrew
The other two people who received their pokemon like Valeria. They act like a (sorry for lack of a better word) gay couple, though claim that they aren't. The two share similar interests among other things.
Lenin (Cultural reference is obvious)
The leader of Team Shrapnel. He was once a worker for Giovanni, and the Neo-team Rocket, until he fled with a group of followers , proclaiming that the team was weak for having been defeated by children. In the Shura region, Lenin has plotted control over the world through hacking of communications, and weapons centers. He has also "gone over the deep end". Lenin is completely crazy. Then again, living in such a way can do such things to a man.
Borislav
The leader of Team Permafrost. Like the leader of Team Shrapnel, he has gona crazy as well. He has visions of grandeur. Freezing the entire planet to make it a better place. It may sound crazy, but in the words of Borislav, they are true. He is charismatic, as well as a great strategist. There are two things he has never lost. 1 A pokemon battle 2 A debate.
Igor
Perhaps the most far fetched of the three, Igor is the leader of the Balance Corps. Little is actually known about him.

IV. Media
Region Map: (Note: The red-lines represent the snow track routes of the region. They are strictly snow-mobile only, unless you have a sled and a pokemon that can pull it. It is the fastest way to see every town in the region.)
shura_10.png

V. Team
Tim Grim, "tleit004" - Writer
I am currently designing on my own, so if you would like to help, that's great. I need a spriter, tiler, scriptor, and mapper. If you would like to help either comment or PM me. Also include your timezone.

Last edited:

Bill™

Random Guy
Years
  • Seen May 31, 2012
Wow this is a really good idea. I am asuming that it will have alot of new ice type pokemon. I think this is a great idea because i feel like there are far more grass type pokemon than anything else. However i suggest that you don't use fakemon unless you plan on creating more games featuring the same fakemon. Also are you using essentials?

assasinn

Pokemon MAULER
Years
I am using essentials, though I lack the tilesets to really get into designing. So right now, I'm stuck doing concept art, and writing.

Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2020
Wow this is a really good idea. I am asuming that it will have alot of new ice type pokemon. I think this is a great idea because i feel like there are far more grass type pokemon than anything else. However i suggest that you don't use fakemon unless you plan on creating more games featuring the same fakemon. Also are you using essentials?

Water-types would like to have a word with you.

This sounds like a good idea though, although it'd certainly take some unique balancing ideas. For one, would there even be a fire-starter type?

assasinn

Pokemon MAULER
Years
I actually want to avoid the rock paper scizzors scenario with starters. In fact I think I want to design a single eevee-like starter. There will, however be fire and grass types, as pokemon can be as resilient as humans. Or of course I could create some kind grove, arboretum, to catch grass types, as well as volcanoes, and caldera to catch fire types, as well as a safari zone.

Years
Not really much planned out here, story very bland, i like the personality's of the Teams though.. Goodluck and i hope you build a bigger team to develop your idea

Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2017
the map looks small to me :/, should have at least 10 towns with 15-20 routes imo. unless this is a straightforward point to point hack.

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
in all fairness, there isn't much to go by... but, you seem like you have a good IDEA, as you say, show a couple screenshots of what you have at the moment so we can give praise and criticism, to help you... The main map does seem a little, small, considering you have 3 "evil" organisations within such a small region, how will this work? But then again, what's not to say you don't have a storyline behind each of the cities/towns/routes you have at the moment, if you have any at all... basing the whole region in snow would mean, Fire, rock, most bird and grass types would most likely be unable to survive such conditions, thus only leaving you with a mojority of ice and water types bein created, but, saying that, this doesn't mean you can't have any of the other types... If you have an idea, work through it to give you an idea on how you will implement it, being a solo project designer myself, you realise you will always need help from the Pokecommunity, don't hesitate, will are all here to help one way or another.

Bill™

Random Guy
Years
  • Seen May 31, 2012
Sorry, but I don't really like your map it looks 2 dimensional with three dimensional mountains and towns. It's kind of weird, and it's too small because I'm asuming that you want to have eight or sixteen gyms. I think that it would be a good idea to have a normal type starter and then be able to give it a fire, leaf, or water stone, and after that have those evolutions evolve one more time. You should also do some recolours of existing pokémon, like a white Bunneary, or a white Poochenya.
Also I agree that it should have fire types that are fire type to keep themselves warm.
It's still a good idea what kind of tileset are you going to use, generation III or IV?
Also I would help you if I could sprite, but I can't.

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
I really like how you're making the whole screen a "touch screen".

I never understood why other fangames tried to emulate the DS setup, couldn't they fuse the screens together to make better dual inputs.

Bill™

Random Guy
Years
  • Seen May 31, 2012
I really like how you're making the whole screen a "touch screen".

I never understood why other fangames tried to emulate the DS setup, couldn't they fuse the screens together to make better dual inputs.
Personally I never liked the touch screen on the DS for Pokémon games, I prefer the GB/GBC/GBA style menu to any other.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Updated the story and map.

How do I change the prefix?

edit the first post you made.

No, that's not how it's done.

You go kindly and ask a moderator to change the prefix.
Anyway, I like the story and how your own brother goes against you.
But a whole region of snow, seems a bit ... odd to be honest.
Surely they'll be some kind of un snowed land?

assasinn

Pokemon MAULER
Years
There will be some grassy fields, but I won't tell you where...
Spoiler:

KoolKat vs. Lucas

KoolKat Gold
Years
  • Seen Nov 30, 2013
Do you need any sprites? I'm certainly capable. But if you want them to be well animated, I can't help. I'll send you the sheet and you can organize it.

Back