• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

✿ Petals in the Wind - The Grass-type Fan Club ✿

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
✿ Petals in the Breeze - The Grass-type Fan Club

~ Welcome To The Grass - Type Pokemon Club ~

tumblr_lmnig5xXvN1qg7qqqo1_1280.jpg

There's a wide variety of incredibly cool and cute grass-type Pokemon from each generation that we've fallen in love with, from the adorable, original Bulbasaur to the graceful and formidable Virizion!

A club for all grass-type lovers!

RULES
All of PC's regular rules apply.
In order to join, you must fill out a simple sign-up sheet.
No fighting please!
Keep active!
Have fun!

SIGN-UP SHEET
Username:
Do you want to go by a nickname? If so, your nickname is:
Each member will be initially allowed to add two Pokemon sprites to the list, one of them being a Partner Pokemon. More are easy to earn! (The max is six).
Pick your partner's nickname (optional):
Partner slots can be won if you have made 5 or more positive posts in this club.
Answer one or more of the club's topics

LIST OF POKEMON
bulbasaur.gif
ivysaur.gif
venusaur.gif
oddish.gif
gloom-f.gif
vileplume.gif
paras.gif
parasect.gif
bellsprout.gif
weepinbell.gif
victreebel.gif
exeggcute.gif
exeggutor.gif
tangela.gif
chikorita.gif
bayleef.gif
meganium-f.gif
bellossom.gif
hoppip.gif
skiploom.gif
jumpluff.gif
sunkern.gif
sunflora.gif
celebi.gif
treecko.gif
grovyle.gif
sceptile.gif
lotad.gif
lombre.gif
ludicolo.gif
seedot.gif
nuzleaf.gif
shiftry.gif
shroomish.gif
breloom.gif
budew.gif
roselia-f.gif
roserade-f.gif
cacnea.gif
cacturne.gif
lileep.gif
cradily.gif
tropius.gif
turtwig.gif
grotle.gif
torterra.gif
wormadam-plant.gif
cherubi.gif
cherrim-sunshine.gif
carnivine.gif
snover-f.gif
abomasnow.gif
tangrowth.gif
leafeon.gif
rotom-mow.gif
shaymin-land.gif
shaymin-sky.gif
snivy.gif
servine.gif
serperior.gif
pansage.gif
simisage.gif
sewaddle.gif
swadloon.gif
leavanny.gif
cottonee.gif
whimsicott.gif
petilil.gif
lilligant.gif
maractus.gif
deerling-spring.gif
sawsbuck-spring.gif
foongus.gif
amoonguss.gif
ferroseed.gif
ferrothorn.gif
virizion.gif
chespin.gif
quilladin.gif
chesnaught.gif
skiddo.gif
gogoat.gif
phantump.gif
trevenant.gif
pumpkaboo.gif
gourgeist-small.gif

MEMBER LIST
Spoiler:

TOPICS
What is your favorite grass-type Pokemon and why?
Who is your favorite grass-type gym leader and why?
What made you love grass-type Pokemon?
What is your favorite grass-type starter? (Bulbasaur, Chikorita, Treecko, Turtwig and Snivy).

PRESIDENT
Supernova

VICE PRESIDENT
Slayr231

USERBARS
ub14_zps4e4555b5.png

shayminub_zps246c1019.png

vileplumeub_zpscace6958.png

ub9_zps18cf23a4.png

celebiub_zpsb7f1e6ef.png

whimsicottub_zps35221091.png

Special thanks to southpark32 for her awesome work with these userbars!​

Username: Supernova.
Do you want to go by a nickname? If so, your nickname is: Annie.
Two grass-type Pokemon: Celebi and Whimsicott.
Partner Pokemon: Celebi.

What is you favorite grass-type Pokemon and why? Whimsicott is actually my second favorite Pokemon of all time and I fell in love with it as soon I as I saw it in Pokemon Black! I love the design of its ram horns, small body, playful expression and its cotton fur! It is also a good grass-type Pokemon to use competitively, as it can learn Cotton Guard, Giga Drain and SolarBeam upon level-up! I only really decided to use Celebi as my Partner Pokemon because I like its looks just a little bit more than Whimsicott's, but have never used it in battle. I plan to as soon as I play Crystal, though!

Last edited:

Poki

Banned
Years
Username: southpark32
Do you want to go by a nickname? If so, your nickname is: Betty
Two grass-type Pokemon: Venusaur (Venu) & Sceptile (Mary Jane)
Partner Pokemon: Venusaur (You can't go wrong with a Venusaur <3)

What is you favorite grass-type Pokemon and why? Venusaur. Well, because it's Venusaur! Just look at it. It's awesome, isn't it?
Who is your favorite grass-type gym leader and why? Erika, because her pokemon are strong (Also, she has a Vileplume and it's one of my all time favourite grass-type pokemon) and she's a pretty nice character.
What made you love grass-type Pokemon? They can be great team members and are quite useful for catching wild pokemon.
What is your favorite grass-type starter? (Bulbasaur, Chikorita, Treecko, Turtwig, Snivy and Chespin). Bulbasaur. 'Nuff said.

Question: Would you like me to design userbars so members can put them on their signatures? ^^

LolPizzaLol

Just chillin'
Years
Username: LolPizzaLol
Do you want to go by a nickname? If so, your nickname is: You could just call me Pizza if you want.
Two grass-type Pokemon: Leafeon and Bayleef
Partner Pokemon: Leafeon
What is your favorite grass-type starter? (Bulbasaur, Chikorita, Treecko, Turtwig, Snivy and Chespin).
Chikorita, it's so cute <3

Years
I sure am joining because it's been ages since we last had a Grass-type club.

Username: Hikari10
Do you want to go by a nickname?: Just call me Hikari yo.
Two grass-type Pokemon: Whimsicott and Lilligant
Partner Pokemon: Pansage

What is you favorite grass-type Pokemon and why?: I have loads of favorite Grass-types, mainly the cute ones like Whimsicott, Celebi, Lilligant and Pansage.
Who is your favorite grass-type gym leader and why?: Cilan, I love his personality in the anime.
What made you love grass-type Pokemon?: Grass-types have an interesting strategy to debilitate the foe, but they also have designs that are just plain beautiful.
What is your favorite grass-type starter?: I'd have to say X/Y's Chespin, I've been loving that thing mainly due to the fact he broke the reptilian Grass Starter chain!

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
Username: Slayr231
Do you want to go by a nickname?: I prefer Slayr231
Two grass-type Pokemon: Serperior and Breloom
Partner Pokemon: Breloom

What is you favorite grass-type Pokemon and why?: I have two categories for this, my favorite nostalgia wise, and competitive battling wise. Serperior was my first pokemon ever, so it hold the number one spot nostalgia wise and competitively, Breloom sweeps teams like no other and has saved countless battles when all hope seems lost.
Who is your favorite grass-type gym leader and why?: I don't really have a favorite. Would I count as a gym leader since I was for a while on Pokemon Showdown? If I can, then I choose myself. XD
What made you love grass-type Pokemon?: Well, Serperior was my first, so grass became my favorite type. I also like using a type that isn't very popular for monotype tournaments. It adds a degree of difficulty and catches some people off guard.
What is your favorite grass-type starter?: Serperior! Like I said before, he was my first pokemon ever so nostalgia really helps this case.

BurningLanguages

Student Linguist
Years
Hey Mokoko! Just wanted to stop by and say that this club looks amazing! I am not one who would use grass-type Pokemon really, but I must say that I do love the picture at the top! I wish you all the best with the Grass-type club :D.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Username: CloysterOyster
Do you want to go by a nickname?: no
2 Grass-type Pokémon: Meganium and Leafeon
Partner Pokémon: Leafeon
Favorite Grass-type: I have never given that much thought, but I'd say Meganium because that was really the only Grass-type I used in the Game Boy Color games. I think mine was female but not sure. Meganium was my highest leveled Pokémon, being at level 100, and knew Solarbeam, Razor Leaf, Synthesis and Body Slam. Won alot of matches with Meganium in the Crystal version.

I love the art in the original post, so awesome.

Last edited:

ErikaInRainbowCity

Everyday I'm Tumblin'
Years
Ooh this is my kinda club! ^_^

Username: ErikaInRainbowCity
Do you want to go by a nickname? If so, your nickname is: Erika :)
Two grass-type Pokemon: Shaymin and Ivysaur
Partner Pokemon: Ivysaur
Who Is Your Favorite Grass Type Gym Leader and why?:
Of course it would be Erika! ^_^ I think she is very skilled, as well as being graceful and elegant :)
Fave Grass Type Pokemon:
Leafeon! I love Eeveelutions and grass types are one of my favorite types so it's a win-win
Fave Grass Starter:
Bulbasaur! I normally was Water-pokemon partial when I was younger but I picked Bulbasaur for my first starter when I bought LeafGreen and I fell in love with all of it's evolutions, especially Ivysaur which I think is one of my favorite designs in Pokemon.
What Made You Love Grass Types:
I showed a growing interest after the 4th pokemon movie with Celebi came out and after I got Leafeon in D/P/Pt I fell in love <3

Sirfetch’d

I am a huge fan of Grass typed Pokemon, so you can count me in this club for sure :D

Username: jellicentfan1

Do you want to go by a nickname? If so, your nickname is: Jelli

Sprites:
Ani047MS.png
Parasect
Ani286MS.png
Breloom
Partner:
Ani047MS.png
Tommy

What is you favorite grass-type Pokemon and why?
286.png

This is once again the hardest question when signing up for clubs. There aren't too many grass Pokemon that I don't like, so picking a favorite out of them is extremely difficult. After some thinking though, I decided that Breloom is my favorite. I am a huge fan of Hoenn in general, which had many nice Grass Pokemon such as, Treecko, Grovyle, Sceptile, Ludicolo, Breloom, Shiftry, and many more. Breloom however stood out. He is really powerful, has a great ability, and learns some really useful moves such as, Bullet Seed, Low Sweep, and Mach Punch that are all boosted by Technician. This makes him a fierce competitor in battle which is the main reason that I chose him as my favorite. He also has a very unique design that fits my taste. All round he is just an amazing Pokemon that I could always find a spot for on my teams. Parasect though is a close second. He is an extremely underrated Pokemon with a fantastic ability that could get you by surprise.

Spr_HGSS_Erika.png

I am going to have to go with Erika, the original Grass leader. I loved her in the anime and the fact that she really cares for her Pokemon always stood out for me. She seems to be one of the sweetest leaders of all time. I also like her selection of Grass Pokemon that she uses on her teams. Her gym also has a very warn feel to it. I loved it in HG/SS everytime that I went in it. Definitely the best Grass type user in the franchise.

Well I love all types, so Grass was no exception. However, I think the reason I like them so much is they are so natural. You can't get anymore natural than Grass types and I simply love that about them. Most Grass types are so beautiful and flowerly looking that I just can't resist but to love them. I also find them to be extremely powerful, especially in the sun where they can blast endless Solarbeams, usually using the Chlorophyll ability which doubles their speed. This makes them powerful sweepers that can devastate a team. Also, green is one of my favorite colors which represents most Grass types. Those are just a few of the many reasons that I adore Grass type Pokemon <3

What is your favorite grass-type starter?

252.png

I cannot pick a favorite of these, as I really love them all. Urghhh this is hard, but if I must, I will go with Treecko. As I have said, Hoenn is my favorite region of all time and one of those reasons is Sceptile. I always enjoy playing through Emerald version using my Sceptile as he has an advantage over the final gym leader and the Champion. Sceptile also has amazing speed and power at his disposal. For those reasons Treecko is my favorite Grass type starter <3​

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Username: Narnia
Do you want to go by a nickname?: No thanks!
Two grass-type Pokemon: Rotom-C and Whimsicott
Partner Pokemon:
Ani547MS.png

I really love grass-types for their resemblance to nature and they all have perfect designs in my opinion. However I think my vote goes to Whimsicott. Honestly I can tell you that I've never used many grass-types in the time I've played Pokemon but they really are essential if you want your team to thrive. I chose Whimsicott in particular because I used it as one of my team members on a playthrough in Black 2 and absolutely loved the cute fluffball. It looked like a pillow with that huge puffy hair, and I'd imagine just be so comfortable curling up and sleeping with it. Its just so adorable and seems to be one of those happy lucky-go Pokemon that always looks on the positive side. And its a powerhouse. Growth really made it shine no matter how bad that move may sound. Whimsicott is amazing and easily one of my favourites. I'd put it on my team any time. <3;

Erika! She's sweet and charming. Her Pokemon team was fun to fight and she had all sorts of tricks up her sleeve. And who doesn't love somebody who doesn't treat her Pokemon like tools of war? Its like her Pokemon are her own family to her and I really love her for taking on that attitude. Overall one of the most positive and happy characters in the series and I think she stood out amongst the rest. Plus her kimono costume made her look innocent and adorable, which she is!

They're based off Mother Nature herself! They all have such a bright and happy look to them, none of them are dull and they all have great designs. Plus they're amazingly versatile. They have access to almost every single status imaginable, can suck your health and wear you down with Leech Seed, they're like mischievious pixies really. Most of them are also quite on the bulky side making them perfect choice for team members as they also have great coverage. Barely anything can stand in a grass type's way without taking heavy damage. Under sun they also take it to the next level with some of them reaching phenomenal speed while firing off Solar Beams and other powerful STAB attacks without fear of getting outsped first. I also like them for their unique dual typings but in general they're one of the funnest types to play around with because you can basically do anything with them!

What is your favorite grass-type starter?

Chikorita! I always liked the one that appeared in the anime and I've had fun using one in my playthroughs. Meganium just has such an appealing design, can spread powdery magical status stuff while also wrecking havoc on its own. I liked Torterra as well for the most part but I enjoyed using Chikorita more as I felt that it was more fun to work with compared to other starters. I've tried Treecko and I did like using it but I honestly prefer the other Hoenn Starters. As for Bulbasaur, never used one but I must say its design is pretty cool. And lastly Snivy! I don't really take a fancy on the concept of a smug-looking snake but nevertheless it was pretty cool. :p

Dark Shadow 6

Friends Till The End
Years
Username: TrainerMusaddiq
Do you want to go by a nickname? No
Two grass-type Pokemon: Torterra And Sceptile
Partner Pokemon:
dpicon389.png
dpicon254.png

What is your favorite grass-type starter? Turtwig I Love It

Nakala Pri

Do you want to go by a nickname? Rozu.
Two grass-type Pokemon: Bulbasaur and Skiploom.
Partner Pokemon: Skiploom and Virizion.

What is you favorite grass-type Pokemon and why? Skiploom! C'mon, need I give a reason?

Who is your favorite grass-type gym leader and why? Gardenia. She is just awesome, with her cool hair and her nice style. Plus she is pretty calm and collected.
What made you love grass-type Pokemon? Among my many favorite types, these little guys just come up on the radar. It's impossible to ignore 'em.
What is your favorite grass-type starter? Bulbasaur, he is so cute and CUDDLY!

Sis, did you really think you could make a club better then mine and get away with it? >:3

Years
♥ Username: Fenneking ♥

♥ Grass Pokemon ♥
lilligant.gif
roserade-f.gif

♥ Partner♥
lilligant.gif

♥ Topics♥
Lilligant, she is beautiful with the red petals and golden crown long with the elegant leaf-limbs and it's sweet little face!

Erika. She was not too literal with the grass theme. Rather she embodies a graceful and calming nature, like a plant.

The natural and beautiful appeal that they have. The type is tied with Bug type as my favorite because both are so 'rooted' in beauty and mystery of forests.

What is your favorite grass-type starter? (Bulbasaur, Chikorita, Treecko, Turtwig, Snivy and Chespin).

Snivy > Chikorita > Bulbasaur = Chespin > Turtwig > Treecko

And I actually like Treecko!
My favorite starters per generation are: Bulbasaur, Chikorita, Torchic, Turtwig, Snivy
(There is always the exception :p)

Hyzenthlay

Years
Username: southpark32
Do you want to go by a nickname? If so, your nickname is: Betty
Two grass-type Pokemon: Venusaur (Venu) & Sceptile (Mary Jane)
Partner Pokemon: Venusaur (You can't go wrong with a Venusaur <3)

What is you favorite grass-type Pokemon and why? Venusaur. Well, because it's Venusaur! Just look at it. It's awesome, isn't it?
Who is your favorite grass-type gym leader and why? Erika, because her pokemon are strong (Also, she has a Vileplume and it's one of my all time favourite grass-type pokemon) and she's a pretty nice character.
What made you love grass-type Pokemon? They can be great team members and are quite useful for catching wild pokemon.
What is your favorite grass-type starter? (Bulbasaur, Chikorita, Treecko, Turtwig, Snivy and Chespin). Bulbasaur. 'Nuff said.

Question: Would you like me to design userbars so members can put them on their signatures? ^^

Welcome to the club, Betty! :D You have been added to the member list! I'm a fan of Bulbasaur and its evolution, too! I also love how the bud on its back begins blooming when it evolves.

I would love for you to design some userbars for the club! Thank you very much for asking! c:

Poki

Banned
Years
Welcome to the club, Betty! :D You have been added to the member list! I'm a fan of Bulbasaur and its evolution, too! I also love how the bud on its back begins blooming when it evolves.

I would love for you to design some userbars for the club! Thank you very much for asking! c:

Awesome, I'll PM you so you can tell me what kind of userbars you'd like. :mudkip^_^:

Hyzenthlay

Years
Spoiler:

Yo, Pizza! ^-^ Like the name! Kind of rolls off the tongue. Leafeon is actually my second favorite Pokemon from the eeveelution chain! I plan on using it once I begin a new file on Pokemon White. Have you had any experience with using it competitively? If so, some advise would nice. ^^

By the way, Chikorita is definitely on my top ten favorite Pokemon list! It's adorable!
tumblr_m3rxc3XUN51r6wywso1_500.jpg

Spoiler:

Welcome, Slayr! Happy to have you here! I've added you to the member list~

I chose Snivy the first time I played Pokemon Black and Serperior turned out to be a great teammate! It took a bit of leveling up to get him to learn some good grass-type moves, but otherwise we were unbeatable!

Hey Mokoko! Just wanted to stop by and say that this club looks amazing! I am not one who would use grass-type Pokemon really, but I must say that I do love the picture at the top! I wish you all the best with the Grass-type club :D.

That's very sweet of you, Normal Spirit! I actually put in quite a bit of effort with the animated sprites but I thought it looked better. Yup, the picture is perfect because it's bright, cute and shows all the grass-type Pokemon! ^^

Spoiler:

Hey Jelli! Thanks for joining~ You have been added to the list. ^^

Nice long post you have there. :P That's what I like to see! So long I can't keep up!

I do often hear that Breloom is a powerful Pokemon to have in your party and may use it once I start playing Pokemon Emerald. Hoenn does have a lot of Pokemon that I love, such as Mightyena, Gardevoir, Altaria and Flygon, of course! <3 There aren't very many grass-type Pokemon with a bad design, are there? Normal is my favorite type but grass comes second because they are based off Mother Nature and almost all of them are so lovable!

I'll definitely be choosing Treecko in gen 3! Swampert's and Blaziken's design aren't so great, but I have always liked the grass-type starters. <3

Spoiler:

Another Whimsicott fan! Welcome~ Your answer to the question What is you favorite grass-type Pokemon and why was perfect! Best post yet! I would have made a more detailed post myself if I weren't so lazy with it. :P

Ah, Chikorita! I adore that Pokemon and its evolution, too! I like how the starters from the first, second, third and fourth generation all look as though they are based off the dinosaurs. Grass-type Pokemon may have a lot of weaknesses, but their defense and speed, along with the starter Pokemon's ability Overgrow definitely outweigh it!

Spoiler:

Nice to meet you, Fenneking! I always wanted to use Lilligant as a member in my party in the fifth gen but never really managed to get around to catching a Petilil. I may get one when I play Pokemon White. ^-^

Username: CloysterOyster
Do you want to go by a nickname?: no
2 Grass-type Pokémon: Vileplume and Victreebel
Partner Pokémon: Meganium

Username: Gym Leader Rozu.
Do you want to go by a nickname? Rozu.
Two grass-type Pokemon: Bulbasaur and Skiploom.
Partner Pokemon: Skiploom and Virizion.

@Everyone above, you may only pick one partner Pokemon. Out of the two grass-type Pokemon you have chosen, would you please pick one to be your partner so I can add them to the member list? Thanks!

Last edited:

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
I actually completed a solo challenge with Serperior on Black 2. The second gym was really hard considering I couldn't have that big of a level advantage. Weezing was particularly challenging as my Serperior was a physical attacker. The only was I got past Burgh and his bugs was my strategy with my moveset. I used flash over and over again and then used coil until I was able to OHKO every single one of his pokemon. Cheap, but it got the job done.

I tried using Serperior on my grass team as a swords dance sweeper, but traded it out because it just wasn't getting the job done. A while later I switched it back in under a calm mind set and it fared better than the swords dance set, but still wasn't quite enough for my liking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back