• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Victory Road - Johto/Kanto & Sinnoh!

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Another comparitive thread here, but this time, the topic is in regards to the victory road you prefer. Which proved the most tedious to pass? Which one had the toughest trainers? Any bad/greally funny or good experiences while playing through that part of the game? Did you enjoy the challenge of each Victory Road (if any)? Why or why not? Discuss!

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
Sinnoh's Victory Road was plain confusing. I wandered around for an hour fighting endless trainers and running into dead ends. Then I checked a map and it wasn't so bad xD. Johto was really easy, there were no trainers except your rival. All you have to look out for are Wild Pokemon :P.

I haven't been to Kanto's Victory Road yet, but planning to soon. So I have no idea if it's a nightmare or just simple :P.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
The Johto version is easily superior as there are no trainers to fight. The Sinnoh one is a absolute pain however.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Sinnoh's Victory Road was plain confusing. I wandered around for an hour fighting endless trainers and running into dead ends. Then I checked a map and it wasn't so bad xD. Johto was really easy, there were no trainers except your rival. All you have to look out for are Wild Pokemon :P.

I haven't been to Kanto's Victory Road yet, but planning to soon. So I have no idea if it's a nightmare or just simple :P.

The Johto version is easily superior as there are no trainers to fight. The Sinnoh one is a absolute pain however.

But isn't that the point of Victory Road? To test trainers and their battling abilities? Or do you think the developers went far beyond that and made the routes just way too iritating?

Years
Sinnoh for me, when I played Diamond I got totally lost.

Also, wild Pokemon kept annoying me.

Johto/Kanto's was way easier since there were no Trainers other than Silver.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Sinnoh's was definitely more complicated, but at the same time it felt more "alive", with trainers around every corner. In comparison, Johto/Kanto's felt dead and lifeless in comaprison, went by very quickly, and didn't have that Victory Road "feel" (complaints carried over from the original G/S/C). So I preferred Sinnoh's because it felt like a livelier place and it was superior for purposes of challenging the player and providing opportunities to level up.

Years
Sinnoh, especially since it actually had trainers. I mean isn't Victory Roads whole function in the game to help you level up enough to face the elite four? A bunch of average wild pokemon aren't going to be able to do that.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Sinnoh's Victory Road was utterly horrible, I hated it so much ;; It was useful in leading you to an are where you could chain shiny Duskull if you took the alternate entrance, and it had some great items as always, but that's about all I liked in it. It was just unnecessarily complicated and the encounter rate was very annoying xD At least there were somewhat interesting Pokémon in there to battle :p The HG Victory Road however was too easy imo and left little-to-no challenge, so I guess I'd prefer something inbetween the two like the one in Unova haha. Sinnoh's did feel 100x more epic though as a path leading to the Pokémon League.

Back