• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Greninja Water Deck

TequitoClown

Swim swim. Swim sw- Tentacool
Years
Heya! I made a quick deck for one of my favorite cards: BREAKpoint Greninja! It seems to work pretty well. I want to see how I can make this better and what pokemon would be a better fit!

Pokemon -

2 Kyorge (Primal Clash)
2 Lugia (Fates Collide)
2 Mantine (Steam Siege)
3 Froakie (BREAKpoint)
2 Frogadier (BREAKpoint)
2 Greninja (BREAKpoint)
1 Regice (Ancient Origins)
1 Vaporeon EX (Generations)
2 Talliow (Roaring Skies)
1 Swellow (Roaring Skies)

Trainers-
2 Evosoda
4 Diveballs
3 Professor's letters
2 Fighting Fury Belt
1 Weakness Policy
3 Tierno
2 Shauna
4 Pokemon Center Lady

Stadium-
3 Rough Seas

Energy-
4 Double Colorless Energy
14 Water Energy

What would be some good changes to it? It works well but what could make it even better?

Thank you!

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
I've had a look over, got a few ideas that should improve the deck

http://pastebin.com/H2gRssJF

Drop the Tailow line, it's not good enough to run competitively. Articuno has more HP, is a basic (so can benefit from fighting fury belt) and is a water so will run the added bonus of covering weakness. What I'd do is stall with regice against an ex for a few turns, rack up enough damage and then ninjaboy into Articuno for the kill and the extra prize.

I dropped the normal kyogre, they just arent competitive enough and take up space. Manaphy is there to ensure free retreats and can heal your bench as an added bonus.

Really every Greninja deck needs the BREAK, it can deal serious damage for very little set up. Rare candies will help you more than Evososa (allowing you to go straight from Froakie to Greninja).

I also ditched a lot of the energy, there was a bit too much there for the current meta. Throw a fisherman in there, he can grab back 4 discarded energy for you.

The main way I'd run this deck is getting Regice out as early as possible and power him up so you can slow down EXs whilst you get the two Greninja BREAKs set up on the bench. Rough Seas, center Lady and Manaphy help keep your guys alive during set up and Ninja Boying Arty in will net you three of the prizes for one knock out.

Electricbluewolf

Bᴇ pıɟɟǝɹǝuʇ
Years
-2 Mantine
-2 Kyorge
-2 Talliow
-1 Swellow
-1/2 Lugia

+ Possibly Glaceon EX, Manaphy EX

You want a 4/4 Frokie/Frog, with 3 ninjas and 2/3 Greninja Breaks.

-1 Weakness Policy-except in certain circumstances (such as Hex maniac) You don't play 1 trainer card.
+3/4 Sycamore
+2/3 Lysandre
+3/4 VS Seekers (these are expensive atm though, price will go down as they're being released in a battle arena deck)
+3/4 Rare Candies
+ 3/4 Fisherman
-3/4 Pokemon Center Lady
+2/3 Max Potions

Stadium quantity is fine

-4 Energy.
-1/2 Double Colourless (just become a target for Enhanced Hammers and abilities)

It's a good start on a great ability based deck. However this deck would get shut down easily due to having no constancy-you need to ideally set up a froakie to greninja by turn 2. Swellow adds nothing neither does Kygore, they'd be easy prize winnings

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
Would you put 3 fishermen? It just eats up space in my eyes and if you need it more than once just VS Seeker it.

TequitoClown

Years
I've had a look over, got a few ideas that should improve the deck

http://pastebin.com/H2gRssJF

Drop the Tailow line, it's not good enough to run competitively. Articuno has more HP, is a basic (so can benefit from fighting fury belt) and is a water so will run the added bonus of covering weakness. What I'd do is stall with regice against an ex for a few turns, rack up enough damage and then ninjaboy into Articuno for the kill and the extra prize.

I dropped the normal kyogre, they just arent competitive enough and take up space. Manaphy is there to ensure free retreats and can heal your bench as an added bonus.

Really every Greninja deck needs the BREAK, it can deal serious damage for very little set up. Rare candies will help you more than Evososa (allowing you to go straight from Froakie to Greninja).

I also ditched a lot of the energy, there was a bit too much there for the current meta. Throw a fisherman in there, he can grab back 4 discarded energy for you.

The main way I'd run this deck is getting Regice out as early as possible and power him up so you can slow down EXs whilst you get the two Greninja BREAKs set up on the bench. Rough Seas, center Lady and Manaphy help keep your guys alive during set up and Ninja Boying Arty in will net you three of the prizes for one knock out.

Thank you so much!

Yeah I figured the tallow line was a bad idea. Just thought it could deal some quick damage while I build up my bench.

Sadly I've never been able to find a Greninja BREAK or a Manaphy EX (This is on PTCGO btw) and I never get decent pulls from breakpoint. I'll work on trading and getting more coins for it.

Thank you guys! It's helped a lot!

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
Thank you so much!

Yeah I figured the tallow line was a bad idea. Just thought it could deal some quick damage while I build up my bench.

Sadly I've never been able to find a Greninja BREAK or a Manaphy EX (This is on PTCGO btw) and I never get decent pulls from breakpoint. I'll work on trading and getting more coins for it.

Thank you guys! It's helped a lot!

Oh god the tcgo! Yeah, the pulls on there are usually terrible. I have the ancient trait articuno on there I can trade to you if you need one

Electricbluewolf

Bᴇ pıɟɟǝɹǝuʇ
Years
Would you put 3 fishermen? It just eats up space in my eyes and if you need it more than once just VS Seeker it.

If you get item locked or milled (I play mill, I've been called a not a very nice person for it) it can help. Also there might be other useful things to VS back rather than a Fisherman, then that one is forever sitting in the discard pile

I'll load up my game and see if I have any spare for you, I've opened plenty of cards that are then suddenly valuable in deck

TequitoClown

Years
Oh god the tcgo! Yeah, the pulls on there are usually terrible. I have the ancient trait articuno on there I can trade to you if you need one

I'll load up my game and see if I have any spare for you, I've opened plenty of cards that are then suddenly valuable in deck

Alrighty! You guys can add me (NadoGlobal)
I think I have some Full art Latios Promos I can hand out if you want (Or anything else in my tagged for trade)

Back