• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokémon Gray Topaz - Version 2 Ready!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 21, 2016
Huh, weird. At least it's working now. Glad you're enjoying it. :3

yeah that is the main thing :) and as am I :)

Edit: I am 7 hours into the game, got my ass kicked by the 5th gym leader haha love it xD i love how i can sweep through this game at all and has some real degree of difficulty...also i feel the game is very slow due to not having running shoes or anything like that...haha :P

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 3, 2016
yeah that is the main thing :) and as am I :)

Edit: I am 7 hours into the game, got my ass kicked by the 5th gym leader haha love it xD i love how i can sweep through this game at all and has some real degree of difficulty...also i feel the game is very slow due to not having running shoes or anything like that...haha :P
You get the running shoes from your dad. Did you ever talk to him after getting your starter? It's in the walkthrough.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jul 28, 2015
@noneofyourbus4

5th gym? Any rock type with take down is your best friend here. And other then the running shoes which you can get from dad any time you want there is also a free bicycle available on one of the routes. I forget which one exactly but it's the only with all the cyclists on it, makes sense no? XD Anyway, the one that gives it too you is the one quickly pedaling around in a square sort of pattern. Catch him and talk to him and you get a free bike. Good luck and keep having fun!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 21, 2016
You get the running shoes from your dad. Did you ever talk to him after getting your starter? It's in the walkthrough.

haha my bad, and nah i dont like reading walkthroughs :P thanks for that though :)

@noneofyourbus4

5th gym? Any rock type with take down is your best friend here. And other then the running shoes which you can get from dad any time you want there is also a free bicycle available on one of the routes. I forget which one exactly but it's the only with all the cyclists on it, makes sense no? XD Anyway, the one that gives it too you is the one quickly pedaling around in a square sort of pattern. Catch him and talk to him and you get a free bike. Good luck and keep having fun!

yeah i've beaten it now haha i evolved Elekid and Pikachu and got it done xD yeah i noticed haha and yeah i'll have a look around haha thanks :)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 3, 2016
Takon and Hojot are ready to be beta tested! Head to Knione to turn in your tickets.

I've decided to stick with v.13 until I'm finished with the post-game content. The final product will have v.14 integrated into it (or at least I'll try aha).

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 3, 2016
Nenoh and Shinno are ready to go! The entrance for Nenoh will be set up properly in v.14 (since it transfers surfing), so don't worry about the awkward entering/exiting for now.

Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 10, 2020
Wow, this game looks really interesting. I appreciate that you included a detailed walkthrough too, there's few things more frustrating than not knowing where to go next in a game. I'll definitely give this a try!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 3, 2016
Wow, this game looks really interesting. I appreciate that you included a detailed walkthrough too, there's few things more frustrating than not knowing where to go next in a game. I'll definitely give this a try!
Considering how much stuff I put into it, I figured a walkthrough was necessary. That and as a completionist, I depend on walkthroughs to make sure I get EVERYTHING, and I doubt I'm the only one (lol). Have fun! :'D

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 3, 2016
Avonu is here, which means the post-game areas are complete! Now all that's left is the story. This one might take me a while, so don't expect an update in the near future.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 17, 2018
It's interesting this game needs a walkthrough. I never needed one for the official Pokemon games, nor for fangames like Pokemon Reborn and SPEE. So hopefully, this game's the same way, and not Legend Of Zelda level of lost.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jul 28, 2015
@lastone The game definitely does not NEED a guide. On my first test playthrough I made it through with almost no guidance (unless we were working on fixing a bug or other issue) and still found about 90% of all the hidden stuff the game had to offer on my own. The guide is mainly there for the completionists who want to make absolute certain they get that last 10%. Keep in mind that the difficulty and amount of hidden items and sidequests here are WAY higher then any of the regular pokemon games released.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 3, 2016
I didn't get a shedinja when I evolved my nincada :c
If you have a Pokéball (A normal one, the others don't work, I think) and an open slot in your party, it should work. I just tested it myself to make sure and I got one.

MontyBellum

Sarleeko
Years
This game is pretty cool so far.

I've played up until the first gym and here are some problems I encountered.
1) When I was battling the first boss in Mischief forest my Pokemon with exp. share was not receiving experience after self destruct and explosion. This happened twice.
2) Against Emil's Nidorino my Purrloin used assist twice but no move came from it either time.
3) I lost to Emil but as soon as the inside of the Pokemon center appeared there was a dialogue giving my rock smash.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 3, 2016
This game is pretty cool so far.

I've played up until the first gym and here are some problems I encountered.
1) When I was battling the first boss in Mischief forest my Pokemon with exp. share was not receiving experience after self destruct and explosion. This happened twice.
2) Against Emil's Nidorino my Purrloin used assist twice but no move came from it either time.
3) I lost to Emil but as soon as the inside of the Pokemon center appeared there was a dialogue giving my rock smash.
The first two are bugs within essentials, so it's out of my hands (maybe it's fixed in v14? cross your fingers). The third one I can fix, and it's in the newest update. I forgot I didn't set up the conditional branches for the rivals properly (I didn't realize how until right after I finished up the main story). So until I can go back and fix all of the rival battles (which I'll try to have by the next update), just save before confronting them. Everyone else should work fine though, since those I went back and fixed a while ago.

As for everyone else: Speaking of conditional branches, I forgot to set the ones for Shinno and Avonu, so they work now. OTL

MontyBellum

Sarleeko
Years
Question, what was supposed to happen after the Pokemon was purified? Mine gained enough experience that she evolved after purification.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 3, 2016
Question, what was supposed to happen after the Pokemon was purified? Mine gained enough experience that she evolved after purification.
You show it to the scientist to get a ticket. Evolving is normal for shadow pokémon (i'm guessing you haven't played XD: gale of darkness?).

MontyBellum

Sarleeko
Years
You show it to the scientist to get a ticket. Evolving is normal for shadow pokémon (i'm guessing you haven't played XD: gale of darkness?).

I know that evolving is normal and XD and Colosseum were some of my favorite games. But since my pokemon evolved the scientist does not recognize it.

Back