• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Challenge] Mono-Color Challenge

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Feb 14, 2023
This is for my Ultimate Red challege for Sapphire as I didn't what game I was doing next.
Update 1:
- Started a New Game usual beginning stuff
- Picked Torchic as my starter named him Flint he is way to Serious
- On way over to fight May I had many wild battles so Flint learn Focus Energy
- Won the Battle with May with a crit
- Aaaaarrrrrggggghhhhhh people still trying to explain the game to me
- Caught 5 pickup zigzagoons because the only thing I can catch between here and Slateport is Wurmple
- Forced to talk to Norman
- Help catch Wally's Ralts
- Beat an Aqua Grunt in Petelburg Forest
- Got to Rustboro City but Flint is 2 lvl shy of being able to beat the gym so skip the gym for now
- Flint Evolved learning Double Kick
- On a side note those Zigzagoon's I caught have already paid for the Pokeball's used against them
- Flint knows Double kick so Rozanne was beat from the moment I stept into that gym
- Got the HM for cut one of the Zigzagoon's can learn it (Aren't they so helpful)
- Saved Peeko and got the Devon Good's back got a Pokenav and got a letter to deliver (I'M NOT A MAIL MAN!!!!!!!!!)
- Sailed to Dewford (I always Hated that place not even anywhere to shop now that pathetic)
- Pecked the s**t out of Brawly with crits provided by focus energy
- Got the HM for flash not that nothing that I have can learn it good thing I know this cave inside out delivered the Letter to Steven
- Went back to Rustboro to claim the exp share
- Asked Mr.Briney to take me to Slateport but he took me to a beach instead (Avoided the trainers like the plague)
- Got to Slateport boxed 1 Zigzagoon can caught Nuptup the Oddish (A repeat performer but so few options will evolve into vileplume upon getting a leaf stone)
- Delivered the Devon Goods to Caption Stern
- Did the cut trick house for some more Nuptup exp Nuptup evolved into Gloom
- Beat May again
- Grabbed a bike at Rydel's
- Took down cycling road
- Got the Coin Case
- Beat Wally
- Beat Watson with little effort
- Got Rock Smash and lookie there Zigzagoon can learn it (Still being useful place holders / HM Slave)
- Broke some rocks and a guy gave me HM Strength
- Beat Winstrate family
- Oh look it's some finally some more Red pokemon but wait there all fire types guess that make them kinda useless
- Found some Aqua Grunts steal a meteorite from inside Meteor Falls and they said something about Mount. Chimney so I decided to go there next
- Oh look there's trouble on Mount. Chimney and I have to stop it boring the least they could do is raise there pokemon so I can get some decent exp
- Took the Meteorite back to Prof. Cozmo
- Flanery was a challenge with that crazy overheating power that pushed Flint right to the edge and caused him to evolve
- Got the Go-googles (Why do I think this is a part from go-go gadget?) from May
- Went to the desert for very little training (I hate how there is no where to train for Norman's gym the desert has what 5 - 8 trainer yeah that really makes a difference *sarcasm*)
- Norman with his freaken powerhouse slakings are a pain literally but bulk up + double kick pulled through
- Got the HM for surf from Wally's Dad I don't have a water type right now so Zigzagoon can have it (But why can it surf?)
- A fisherman gave me a Good Rod that's good really it is because now comes my next team member back on Route 117
- After Several Magicrap's I found a Corphish at a decent level so I boxed another Zigzagoon
- Did a few more trick houses

Team: People DON'T NAG ME ABOUT GLOOM NOT BEING RED
Flint_zps5f9bce06.png
Nuptup_zps81351d7a.png
Lobstar_zps7d3a94c5.png

Screenshots:
Spoiler:

OliveCopper

Captain of Olive Kappa
Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2016
I've been planning on doing a Green Monocolor after my Red one, and a Yellow Monocolor after... Oooooh, Spoiler Alert.

Just grinding everyone so that Lox can catch up. Crawdaunt could prove useful against Clay.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Feb 14, 2023
- Did a bunch of side quests they are not mandatory so no talking about them except that Lobstar evolved
- Booted Team Aqua out of the weather institute
- Beat May again then she gave me the HM for Fly
- Knocked Winona out of the sky
- Remembered where the hell to find a Leaf Stone so Nuptup evolved again
- Around the Safari Zone I saw Team Aqua and they said something about Mt. Pyre but I don't want to go there quite yet so I arrived in Lilycove to set the Fly location and picked up Banana the Tropius (HM Slave)
- Made Team Aqua GTFO of Mt. Pyre
- Had to fight May just to get inside the department store
- Talked to some Team Aqua Grunts and found out they're going to try and steal a submarine and the only submarine I know of in Slateport so I flew back there on Banana
- When I arrived there they jumped into the submarine and took off
- So I whatevered it and went to talk to some Aqua Grunts again to see if I can make them spill what they are doing next
- Tate and Liza were just a few surfs from Lobstar
- Walked into Steven's house and got an HM for Dive (It's sucktacular so Lobstar stays far away from it)
- I did have a random Goldeen in storage so I tried it on it
- After Seaqueen made a quick dive I found where team Aqua took the stolen submarine so I decided to follow them prepared to stop any trouble they cause
- Found the mythical Kyorge (please tell I spelt that right) then Archie showed up and a battle soon started that I completely and utterly crushed him in
- After the battle Kyogre the Red orb activated and Kyorgre started a rampage then disappeared
- When I got outside the weather was really F'd up but I headed to Sotopolsis as directed to by Steven
- After Stumbling around without Flash I found the HM Waterfall and got to Kyogre and knocked it out
- I escape roped out of that cave and talked a bit to Steven
- Afterwords a challeged the 8th and final gym of this game
- I fought Wally at the end of Victory Road and won yawn like this was supposed to be a challenge
- Did a bit of grinding and traded Lobstar over to a FireRed save to learn Crunch
- Finalized their move sets
Elite Four + Champion
- Sidney was a joke
- Lobstar enjoyed the taste of Phoebe's pokemon's mashed bones
- Glaica was quite the challenge but a few missed Bilzards cost her the match
- Drake'ss pokemon were all OHKO'ed but against the flygons they kept paralyzing Lobstar and I had to use Nuptup as a Revive slave for Lobstar to finish the Slamence
- With Steven it came down to if Flint could land a crit Blaze Kick on that Metagross
Hall of Fame:
HallofFame_zps096a4cf5.png
so that means
THEEND_zps92f87693.png
of Hoenn at least for now

Team:
Flint2_zpsa09b5793.png
Nuptup2_zpsb46f3b43.png
Lobstar2_zps665d1c10.png

Okay so going to start Platinum next but I looked over all the Pokemon and it looks like all I would have for the First Gym that is a Rock type is Kricktune so I'm just wondering if anyone has any tips.

Last edited:

OliveCopper

Captain of Olive Kappa
Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2016
Update to Pokemon White 2 Mono-Red Run. PURGE KYUREM!!!!!

-Ground the whole team like beef...
-Evolved Pokeymanz and Lox to their respective final forms.
-Defeated the ex-Plasma sage in Driftveil City.
-Refused the Zorua offer. (Zorua is Gray, remind you...)
-Though worried during the battle with Clay, the odds came in my favor.
-Took part in the show. (You know, the PWT?)
-Well, so did Hugh.
-Hugh bolted over to the Plasma Frigate.
-Covered Hugh, and demolished Team Plasma.
-Only one thing left to do! PURGE KYUREM!!!!!

Team

500.png

Teppy (Emboar Lv. 36)
Ability: Blaze
Moves: Arm Thrust, Strength, Heat Crash, Thunder Punch

545.png

Pokeymanz (Scolipede Lv. 35)
Ability: Swarm
Moves: Bug Bite, Rollout, Poison Tail, Screech

342.png

Lox (Crawdaunt Lv. 34)
Ability: Shell Armor
Moves: BubbleBeam, Metal Claw, Knock Off, Vicegrip

628.png

George (Braviary Lv. 36)
Ability: Defiant
Moves: Wing Attack, Hone Claws, Slash, Fly

558.png

Bellhop (Crustle Lv. 37)
Ability: Sturdy
Moves: Dig, Faint Attack, Rock Slide, Bug Bite​

PURGE KYUREM!!!!!

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Feb 14, 2023
Well this update isn't going to be as bulky as my other ones were because my sister shutdown my computer and and my notes of what the hell happened weren't saved.

Platinum Update 1:
- With nothing but Krickatot available for me to use I reluctantly caught one and looked at its pathetic moves of bide and growl and Bug Bite at level 16 so I had to keep it a Krickatot until then
- After every single battle I had to go back to the Pokemon Center so annoying
- After what felt like an eternity I beat Luke (Rival)
- Upon being finished with the Oraburg mines Krickatot learned bug bite and evolved
- Roak was really challenging with both Onix and Geodude having Rock Throw but I beat him
- After getting a Badge from Gardina I found out I that I can catch a Meditite that I named Psykick
- Did a insane amount of grinding with Psykick
- Beat Team Galactic
- Caught Fantom the Rotom at the Old Chato
- Got to Hearthome City and tried to beat Fantina but couldn't
- Backtracked to a cave underneath Cycling Road to rescue the person there taking advantage of the instant healing she provided I got Psykick and Fantom to level 37
- During training Psykick evolved
- I went back to Fantina for a re-match and soloed her with just Psykick

Team:
30b140e6-807f-4bb3-9879-0d22aa422155_zpsc9a98426.png
1205caea-b9b8-469b-9183-e14d60877cdd_zpse7f442b4.png
0818f802-907c-4717-b1b1-a74e4d555a22_zps95104683.png

Screenshots:
Spoiler:

Okay after all that I have a question. Can I change Rotom's form it would involve hacking but I would only hack in the item not change in through something like Pokesav.

Edit:
Thanks for letting change Rotom's form. And will make sure all the screenshots are cropped from now on.

Last edited:

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Okay after all that I have a question. Can I change Rotom's form it would involve hacking but I would only hack in the item not change in through something like Pokesav.
If you are able to activate the event that gives you the Secret Key, then go for it. I know there are Mystery Gift editors around the interwebs. Also, it would be good if you could crop your screenshots - the bottom part isn't needed and takes up unnecessary space.

Update coming soon.

OliveCopper

Captain of Olive Kappa
Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2016

-Recieved the Surf HM from Cheren.
-Cobalion let out a shrill cry, which magically fixed the bridge in Chargestone Cave
-Met Proffessor Juniper in Mistralton City
-Trained in Celestial Tower
-Rough Battle with Skyla, but I won in the process...
-Blew out of the Mistralton Gym.
-Hopped aboard Skyla's plane, and flew to Lentimas Town.
-Bianca said something about a rare fire Pokémon in Reversal Mountain. What is she talking about? Doesn't matter, PURGE KYUREM!!!!!

Team

500.png

Teppy (Emboar Lv. 44)
Moves: Arm Thrust, Strength, Heat Crash, Thunder Punch

545.png

Pokeymanz (Scolipede Lv. 35)
Moves: Bug Bite, Rollout, Poison Tail, Screech

342.png

Lox (Crawdaunt Lv. 35)
Moves: BubbleBeam, Metal Claw, Knock Off, Vicegrip

628.png

George (Braviary Lv. 36)

558.png

Bellhop (Crustle Lv. 39)
Moves: Dig, Faint Attack, Rock Slide, X-Scissor​

PURGE KYUREM!!!!!

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Announcement: I have updated the champions list up to this post, if you don't see your name let me know. Also, I have finally bit the bullet and will now allow for BW games to end after you defeat Ghetsis, not Alder.

Update on Ultimate Blue Monocolor Challenge.

Update #4 on Emerald.

• Went to Lilycove City, then headed straight for Mt. Pyre, where I defeated Team Aqua and got the Magma Emblem.
  • During all that, Tuba evolved into Exploud!
  • Then I spend a couple hours on super speed looking for a Chimecho. Found one finally and named her Belle.
  • Defeated all the trainers around Lilycove and Mt. Pyre to level up Belle, then defeated May in front of the Dept. Store.
  • Armed with the Magma Emblem, I infiltrated the Magma Hideout inside Mt. Chimney and defeated Maxie.
  • Back in Lilycove City, I found the Team Aqua Hideout and defeated all the members in there as well.
  • My way now clear to Mossdeep City, I surfed over there and took on the gym.
  • Tate and Liza weren't much trouble to defeat, although Lagoon did fall to Solrock's Solarbeam.
  • I am now saved inside the Mossdeep Space Center.
Screens:
Spoiler:

Team Blue:
Spr_3e_295.gif

Tuba the Mild Exploud, ♀ - L44 @ Amulet Coin
Ability: Soundproof
Moves: Stomp, Howl, Shock Wave, Hyper Beam
Spr_3e_260.gif

Lagoon the Sassy Swampert, ♂ - L44 @ Mystic Water
Ability: Torrent
Moves: Surf, Dig, Ice Beam, Take Down
Spr_3e_375.gif

Titan the Docile Metang - L44 @ Amulet Coin
Ability: Clear Body
Moves: Metal Claw, Strength, Psychic, Rollout
Spr_3e_358.gif

Belle the Gentle Chimecho, ♀ - L45
Ability: Levitate
Moves: Confusion, Psywave, Hidden Power (Electric), Yawn
Spr_3e_277.gif

Swift the Adamant Swellow, ♀ - L43
Ability: Guts
Moves: Aerial Ace, Steel Wing, Quick Attack, Fly

HM Slaves:
Spr_3e_264.gif

Linoone - Pickup, Cut, Rock Smash, Strength

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Feb 14, 2023
I used a universal randomizer to get rid of trade evolutions so Porygon will evolve in to Porygon 2 when leveling up when holding the up-grade and will then evolve into Porygon-Z when leveling up holding the dubious disc. Magmar will evolve into Magmortar while leveling up holding the Magmarizer.
Platinum Update 2:
- Battled Luke on my way to Veilstone City
- In Veilstone a random guy gave me a quirky Porygon that I named Trojan
- I gave Trojan an upgrade
- Beat Maylene
- Got Dawn's Pokedex back
- Beat Luke at the Pastoria Gym
- Psykick "Relearned" Ice Punch (Psykick never knew it before did he?)
- Changed Fantom's form to the Lawn Mower
- Spent forever and half in the underground trying to dig up some shards to get Zen Headbutt for Psykick
- With Trojan recently learning Discharge and Fantom having Shockwave and Leafstorm via current form Wake was too simple and way dull to crush
- Story, story and ummm oh yeah and story for a long a** time
- Only thing that happened is getting the HM for Surf and catching another Magmar named him Magmos and evolved it into Magmortar
- Probably going to spend the next days at the Veilstone game corner pushing some coins out of those slots to get some much needed TM's

Team:
668d0042-8ff9-4d87-af98-734438863fb0_zps7dbd0e21.png
736bbf40-a21f-4a71-84aa-904886b690e1_zpsd3a71175.png
dd348493-d53c-4af6-93eb-084b55d6c494_zpsa80746dc.png
e2ee2f51-c3b8-4c19-92ef-21736a7e4ea5_zps8e66b50c.png

Boxed:
Spoiler:

Screenshots:
Spoiler:

Can someone tell me where to find the Dubious Disc?

Years
Oh come on, at least look like you're enjoying it. :P

Also, I have decided that I'll be picking White for my Red Ultimate if what jd said in PMs about making Ghetsis the endpoint is true. If it isn't then it's not a huge deal, but again it's what I'm leaning to.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Can someone tell me where to find the Dubious Disc?
The Dubious Disc is in the Team Galactic HQ.
Username: Necrum
Color: Green
Game: White Version
Ultimate: nty

Happy now, jd? :P
Yup. Have fun.
Oh come on, at least look like you're enjoying it. :P

Also, I have decided that I'll be picking White for my Red Ultimate if what jd said in PMs about making Ghetsis the endpoint is true. If it isn't then it's not a huge deal, but again it's what I'm leaning to.
Endpoint for BW is now Ghetsis, as I announced a couple posts back and it's also on the first post as "the first time the credits roll", which is after Ghetsis in BW.

Years
Endpoint for BW is now Ghetsis, as I announced a couple posts back and it's also on the first post as "the first time the credits roll", which is after Ghetsis in BW.

Ah, didn't see that last page. Thanks.

Also, on the Champions list you have me listed with Y and FireRed cleared in Green, but it was Red, correction :P

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Feb 14, 2023
The Dubious Disc is in the Team Galactic HQ.

I actually found it around noon today and I just didn't bother editing my post.:P
Well I beat Platinum so I'm gonna cram my last update for it in this post.

Update 3:
- After teaching quite a few game corner TM's I went to Canalave city
- I changed Fantom's form to the microwave oven thing
- Luke wasn't a challenge but hitting that Staraptor was because I got rid of shockwave
- Magmos treated Byron like a joke but I was forced to switch to Pyskick when Bastodon came out
- In order to countinue the story I had to go to Iron Island first so I took the time with Riley to do a huge grinding session getting everyone up to lvl 52
- Beat Saturn at Lake Valour and Mars at Lake Verity
- Unable to use Rock Climb I set my eyes on a Snowpoint City Gym Badge
- With nothing but actual team members to learn Rock Climb I boxed Buddy the Biddof permently and caught Buddy V2 the Bibarel
- With the Sunnyshore city blackout keeping vistors away I was faced with no other option then to clean Team Galactic out of Velistone
- Trojan evolved into Porygon Z because with the evolite Porygon 2 is worthless
- Fought my way up Mount. Cornet to Spear Piller and got sucked into the Distortion world and defeated Giratina
- Magically the blackout got fixed so went to Sunnyshore city to claim it's badge after making Valkner get his lazy depressed a** back to his gym
- I found Jasmine on the beach and she must have remembered me because she gave me the HM for Waterfall
- After I arrived at the league I wanting to go forward and start battling the elite four but no I can't do that without another battle with Luke
- Once I humiliated again I finalized the move-sets deposited Puddles the Pysduck and Buddy V2 the Bibarel and withdrew Kricketune (the one from the start of this challenge) to use for a heal slave but I did give him a name finally he is called Fiddler
- I changed Fantom to the Washing Machine form just to have something to hit Flint with
- Stocked up on healing items (I don't think I went crazy overboard)

Elite Four + Champion Cyntheia
- For Arron Magmos made it sunny and spammed Flamethrower until Drapeon came out then I switched Trojan out to use Tri-Attack
- Bertha got a few Ice Beam's and Punch's
- Flint's Houndoom got a High Jump Kick to the face , Infernape got a Psychic from Magmos, the rest got Hydro Pumps from Fantom
- Lutioun got some shadow balls and dark pulses
- Cynthia omg so freaken hard to beat Psykick was clutch beating over half of team after she wiped out both Magmos and Trojan (I used a Max Revive on Magmos that's how he got in the screen shot)
4ec985b4-8371-40b5-bd69-0070e822ffae_zps4d1b62a9.png

Team:
a3398cac-d943-4ffc-b2a3-fdcfe97454c6_zps650a4275.png
1af51177-53c3-4cd0-8ee3-1cc9805c8959_zps46757558.png
de2d1bbf-2eb3-4670-9544-354c54b1d9be_zps70bf12fd.png
366b0d99-7c20-4630-bfbc-489e3742b4f9_zps4a61e3c1.png
ec27c010-84e4-404f-91ff-a639d349ffbe_zps3fe07649.png

I'm not going to post all the screen shots but if you want to see them here is the link. I guess I'm going to start White 2 next. You know what I never beat BW 2 before because I just hate the story line of it and BW 1 weren't that much better argh this next one is going to be so much of a drag.

Last edited:

OliveCopper

Captain of Olive Kappa
Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2016
Spoiler:

Way to go, bud. Keep it coming, and you'll be on the same page as me! And don't forget! PURGE KYUREM!!!!!

Haven't been jamming the challenge for a while, I get off guard and/or carried away. I'll see what I can do...

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Feb 14, 2023
I found out Dsemume runs so slow with White 2 so I had switch to no$gba to bring it up to bearable speed.
Update 1:
- Named my rival Luke again cause I'm way to tired to think of anything... (fell asleep at 2:30 in the morning and then up at 8:30am)
- Choose Tepig as my starter and I named it Baconator
- Then I had my first battle with Luke and I won
- More tutorials I still don't see an option to not have to sit through them and Bianca doesn't know how to shut the f**k up
- I caught a Patrat named Scout for HM slaving
- Won another battle against Luke this time at Floccesy Ranch
- Went to Alder for some training
- To beat Cheren had to use a X Defend, X Speed and X Attack and spammed Tackle
- Once I made a Hiker get out of my way I caught a Venipede named Taxxon (Thumbs up if you get the reference)
- When I got to Virbank City Roxie made one really long alteration
- Baconator evolved into Pignite
- After a grinding Baconator and Taxxon to lvl 22 he evolved into Whilipede
- I tried to Roll out sweep Roxie but she stopped it with protect so I had to finish up with Baconator using Flame Charge

Current Team:
Baconator1_zps3988894e.png
Taxxon1_zpsb450eb31.png

Gym Leaders:
Spoiler:

If I need to crop my team screenshots let me know they do include the stats so I didn't crop it.
I'm going to try to not be a complete copy cat and use exact same team that OliveCopper is using.

Years
First off, i'm in the RED group, not Blue. :P

Secondly, if I do use Corphish in Ruby, am I permitted to trade it to FRLG so it can learn Crunch? I have no intention of trading anything in or such (I don't think I can anyway), so would that be an acceptable substitution?

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Feb 14, 2023
First off, i'm in the RED group, not Blue. :P

Secondly, if I do use Corphish in Ruby, am I permitted to trade it to FRLG so it can learn Crunch? I have no intention of trading anything in or such (I don't think I can anyway), so would that be an acceptable substitution?

I think he would let you trade it over just for it to learn crunch since he let me.

OliveCopper

Captain of Olive Kappa
Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2016

-Crossed through Reversal Mountain with Bianca
-Bianca blabbered about "Heatran", which is said to originate in Hoenn...
-Made it through completly.
-Battled Hugh in Undella Town.
-Force to hear a story about Kyurem. PURGE KYUREM!!!!!
-Defeated Team Plasma in Lacunosa Town.
-Since Gentleman Stonewall has 2 Pokemon weak to Teppy, I went ahead and battled him, and broke his streak in the process.
-Met Iris in Opelucid City.
-Searched for a Pawniard on Route 9.
-Eventually found one, finally another female member of the team.
-Pawniard has a Modest Nature. Wow, a Modest Nature for a Pokemon that CAN'T learn ANY Special moves. Pawniard/Bisharp's entire movepool is Physical (excluding Status moves).
-Decided to Attack EV Train Pawniard to make up for this.
-Unfortunately, Pawniard is impossible to attack EV train in BW2. I have no access to Victory Road, Virbank Complex has Magnemite that almost always have Magnet Pull, which stops Pawniard from runnning away or being replaced, and they give off Special Attack EVs, not Physical Attack EVs, and Purrloin appear too often on Route 19. DOOM IS NEAR! KYUREM CAN'T BE PURGED! WE CAN'T PURGE KYUREM!!!!!

Spoiler:

Team

500.png

Teppy (Emboar Lv. 46)
Moves: Low Kick, Strength, Heat Crash, Thunder Punch

545.png

Pokeymanz (Scolipede Lv. 42)
Moves: Steamroller, Rollout, Poison Tail, Screech

342.png

Lox (Crawdaunt Lv. 38)
Moves: BubbleBeam, Metal Claw, Knock Off, Surf

628.png

George (Braviary Lv. 41)

558.png

Bellhop (Crustle Lv. 43)
Moves: Dig, Faint Attack, Rock Slide, X-Scissor

624.png

Katana (Pawniard Lv. 49)
Ability: Inner Focus
Moves: Slash, Night Slash, Metal Sound, Embargo​

Unfortunately, the next gym to challenge, the Opelucid Gym, uses Dragon-type Pokemon, and none of my Pokémon can learn any Fairy-type moves. How am I supposed to defeat Drayden, the Gym Leader of Opelucid City? Once I find a way, PURGE KYUREM!!!!!

Last edited:

Xilfer

Just won't die.
Years
Username: Xilfer
Color: THE MANLIEST COLOR: PINK
Game: [Johto Legacy] Pokemon Christmas (Hack)
Ultimate: Still haven't mustered up the courage for that.

The hack shouldn't be too different from regular Pokemon Gold, though it does have a few replacement Pokemon from newer gens. I'm flying into this blind however, so I wouldn't know. >_>

Time to find me a Slowpoke

EDIT:

The Manly Misadventure: Part 0.1

• This has been more of a Pokemon misadventure than a Pokemon adventure, I swear...
  • Well, first off, picked Totodile as my temporary starter, aptly named "Tempo"
  • Kept going with him until the first gym; used him to beat it easily.
  • Random note: the rival in this game is nice. I feel bad for naming her Omar now. >_>
  • After first gym, caught a female Mareep on Route 32. It's not pink manly, but it evolves into the pink manly Flaaffy. Name: Marley
  • Grinding Marley was a royal pain in the ass, but finally managed to get her to LVL 15 to evolve into Flaaffy on Route 32.
  • After working (painfully) through Dark Cave, reached Azalea town. Now, I can finally get my Slow-
  • PokemonChristmasGold_01_zpsb2ff14a0.png
  • FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-
  • I'm pretty sure Slowpokes are unobtainable in this area, so I just trained Marley a little more to beat the crap out of Team Rocket stealing Delibird presents and the gym. Result was... surprisingly effective. Marley became over-leveled in no time.
  • Moving on: beat Omar again, used Tempo as a HM Slave for Cut to get past the forest (no stupid Farfetch'd chasing which I found quite convenient).
  • In Goldenrod, it turns out one of the prizes available in the Game Corner is now Mew. Wonder how they got their hands on that. Either way, while it and Porygon are both pink manly, I'm not going to go for them because I'd have to play minigames for a ridiculous amount of time to amass the coins needed to buy them. Plus that's Pokemon trafficking which I will not be a part of
  • Scoured around for more manliness, but did not find any. So, went to beat Whitney with just good old over-leveled Marley.
  • Her gym has so many pink manly Pokemon in it I think I'm going to die of jealousy omg
  • The conquest of Whitney was surprisingly easy. I've had a lot of trouble with her in the past but Marley literally took both her Pokemon out with five Thundershocks and a Thunder Wave.
  • In an effort to locate more manliness, I checked the Pokedex for the locations of all the Pokemon I'd seen at Whitney's gym. This is when I realized that I, in my infinite stupidity, had missed an available Jigglypuff back on Route 46.
  • Let the trek back to New Bark across half the country begin! Oh wait I have no repels. Well sh-
  • Finally got back and, after what felt like an hour of searching, found and caught a female Jigglypuff. Name: The Wiggs. (I don't even know just first thing that came to mind)
  • I remember seeing a Moon Stone in the Goldenrod Mall, so when I'm not totally broke anymore I'll go buy it to evolve Wiggs. After she's learned some moves.

Current Team

PokemonChristmasGold_03_zpsdf134bb9.png
PokemonChristmasGold_02_zps91c126b9.png

Jeez Wiggs looks upset.

lol I love how my entire team is girls despite them being the manliest thing ever. The irony.

Last edited:
Back