• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

We rule the world - Legendary pokemon Fan Club

Gligar

Bruhfication Sayan
Years
I actually think that some legendary pokemon can be caught. Some of these include Heatran, which in a way, was caught in the movie. If there was a pokeball at that time, that guy (what his name?) would've caught him. The four swords of justice can be be caught too, as they don't really have power over the world. Plus, I think Cresselia and Darkrai could've been caught. It could've spiced up the storyline of the anime. Especially the fact that he had a large impact on the Diamond and Pearl anime.

AtecainCorp.

Rejishan awake...
Years
This is an interesting theory, and it would've honestly also made sense with the concept of the designs of the three main legendaries of X&Y, but from what I understand, the correlation to Norse mythology lies entirely in the design, and doesn't have much to do with their backstories. I mean, Yveltal already pretty much carries the title of doombringer, so I can't see why Zygarde would really be in the same boat. Also, the pokedex entries for Zygarde state that it protects the ecosystem of Kalos, and keeps watch over the ones who harm it from the cave, so I don't think it would look to cause any destruction, unless it was to kill all humans just to keep the ecosystem safe, which I feel may be just a tad bit extreme :p Still, interesting theory!

I can't comment much on Hoopa though, as I don't really know much about it.

Well... I still belive that Zygarde can have bad things to do in Kalos like Midgard Serpent from Nordic Myths. Anyway's.... Meybe Volcanion have more greater apperance in Kalos... But for me... Hoopa and Volcanion can be main legends of the 7th region based on China or India.

I actually think that some legendary pokemon can be caught. Some of these include Heatran, which in a way, was caught in the movie. If there was a pokeball at that time, that guy (what his name?) would've caught him. The four swords of justice can be be caught too, as they don't really have power over the world. Plus, I think Cresselia and Darkrai could've been caught. It could've spiced up the storyline of the anime. Especially the fact that he had a large impact on the Diamond and Pearl anime.

Ok. Personaly I think that also Victini, Diancie and Celebi are fully catchable without other effects with the world.

Gligar

Bruhfication Sayan
Years
Ok. Personaly I think that also Victini, Diancie and Celebi are fully catchable without other effects with the world.

Diancie would surely attract loads of attention, especially because of its power that it can give out diamonds. That's like a big power over the world in a way, as it can bring supreme wealth. So I'd take off Diancie of that ^ list of yours.

AtecainCorp.

Rejishan awake...
Years
Diancie would surely attract loads of attention, especially because of its power that it can give out diamonds. That's like a big power over the world in a way, as it can bring supreme wealth. So I'd take off Diancie of that ^ list of yours.

About Diamond Giving power of Diancie... In my fanmade region called Thonsu in upcoming hack POKEMON DIRTY SUN... Team Mystic Admin grunt called Clair allways told that Diancie is destined to her... When she got Diancie in their hands... She's going to buy own island using created Diamonds and make own region there where she's been an queen. <Better idea than taking control on the Brother of Arceus... Thonsu Legendary pokemon Rejishan...>

But comming back to normal Pokemons.... What about Shaymin? It do not seems to have main role in the Pokemon World.

Gligar

Bruhfication Sayan
Years
What do you mean by "too mystical"?

It got involved too much in the story and it's like the mystery pokemon of Sinnoh. Just like Victini is the mystery pokemon of Unova etc. It's just the "mystical pokemon between the bunch.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Well... I still belive that Zygarde can have bad things to do in Kalos like Midgard Serpent from Nordic Myths. Anyway's.... Meybe Volcanion have more greater apperance in Kalos... But for me... Hoopa and Volcanion can be main legends of the 7th region based on China or India.
I still don't think the whole norse mythology theme has any relevance to their lore though :o It's true that the Midgard Serpent has evil intentions according to Norse mythology, but everything we know about Zygarde points more in the direction of it being a protector rather than a destroyer. But like I mentioned, Yveltal already took the role of being the destruction Pokemon, and the eagle sitting atop Yggdrasil doesn't really have any relevance to that, so I just don't really think there's any relevance between lore D:

I do hope Volcanion, Hoopa and Diancie will have bigger roles in the following games though. I find it odd for them to have been introduced in the 6th generation, if they weren't even meant to be revealed to the public. Possible sequels to X&Y??

Deoxys IS one of my favourite Pokémon though - i love everything about it! i'm into astronomy a bit, so its backstory in being from outer space and it being related to the creation of auroras i think is great. also it being visibly based on (viral) DNA, and how that ties in with it being able to change forms by changing said DNA, and have you seen how awesome every single form looks?! ah, Deoxys is the greatest. c:
I was always intrigued by Deoxys being from space as well. I did use to be really into astronomy, though I don't think that's where it really came from. I think it was more the possibility of being able to go to space within the game that just really caught my interest. I don't know if you're familiar with the rumours of being able to board one of the space shuttles from the Mossdeep Space center once the launch count reached a specific number (there was a guy counting them in the Space Center), but that's probably one of the rumours I've most hoped to be true, and I spent so long waiting for it to reach either 50 or 100, since that's what the rumours went by, so that I could go to space and battle Deoxys. But alas, it was just a rumour ;'(

But yeah, the DNA thing I've also always found really interesting! And the fact that you can change Deoxys to fit whichever role you'd want on your team has just always been really cool. Unfortunately, I've never had one myself, so I haven't really been able to experience it.

It got involved too much in the story and it's like the mystery pokemon of Sinnoh. Just like Victini is the mystery pokemon of Unova etc. It's just the "mystical pokemon between the bunch.
I don't see why this would have any relevance to catching them though :o If I remember correctly, Victini was hidden away on that island it was on in the games due to being a highly sought after Pokemon by criminals, so it definitely seems catchable. Shaymin I can't really say much about, but I'm pretty sure the same thing applies.

AtecainCorp.

Rejishan awake...
Years
I still don't think the whole norse mythology theme has any relevance to their lore though :o It's true that the Midgard Serpent has evil intentions according to Norse mythology, but everything we know about Zygarde points more in the direction of it being a protector rather than a destroyer. But like I mentioned, Yveltal already took the role of being the destruction Pokemon, and the eagle sitting atop Yggdrasil doesn't really have any relevance to that, so I just don't really think there's any relevance between lore D:

I do hope Volcanion, Hoopa and Diancie will have bigger roles in the following games though. I find it odd for them to have been introduced in the 6th generation, if they weren't even meant to be revealed to the public. Possible sequels to X&Y??

Who Know's.... Just look... Hypothesis that Team Flare going to rebuild Ultimate Weapon... Which Pokemon can have great power to give them a lot of energy... After studies... I've found. That Xerneas and Yveltal do not have so much power to do it. In my opinion. Volcanion steam Power was ideal to give a lot of power to Ultimate Weapon...

Theories are many. Like Team Flare come back in that same uniforms, Did that same like Team Plasma. Or even new Team come to Kalos and take an serious Role to take Volcanion or Hoopa or Diancie... To be clear... In my fanmade generations <Which I have three> I make three teams.... Chronologicaly by stories... Team Mystic <Which often mention to obtain Diancie and give them comand to create a lot of Diamonds to bought all land's of Pokemon World to counquer them... But this is mentioned as Side quest (Thonsu Region)> next is Dark Clan... This mentioned that Power of Hoopa is better then finding Cage Seal to reawake legendary Fakemon called Warawi which their claim as Master (Amaranth Islands Region)..... Last from my Teams... is Team Gyro... Their admins mention, that machine build with Volcanion as Energy source going to be indestructable thing in the whole world (Canappu Region). I know, that is my fantasy... But It can be great goal in hypothesis about return of Team Flare. As we seen. They need MONEY and POWER.... Money can give them Diancie by creating Diamonds... Power can give them Volcanion by him extreme steam powers. At last Hoopa can give them extra fast and easy gateways to new regions and lands by their Rings Teleports.

Gligar

Bruhfication Sayan
Years
I don't see why this would have any relevance to catching them though :o If I remember correctly, Victini was hidden away on that island it was on in the games due to being a highly sought after Pokemon by criminals, so it definitely seems catchable. Shaymin I can't really say much about, but I'm pretty sure the same thing applies.

I dunno why but Victini doesn't seem catchable at all. I have no reason to match my opinion, but that's just how I feel. I feel like loads of people try to catch Victini and Shaymin, but I feel like the can't as they have some kind of "deeper power" or something like that. Keep in mind this is all my own pure opinion.

RedWolf98

That Guy >.>
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 31, 2015
Victini is like the Nike of the Greek world. If you can capture victory then all will flock to capture Victini as he will be the one who can make or break a war of some sort... As for Shaymin, he will be harder to use for evil as his power is to clear disease or corruption from an area. They can be easy to capture but I'm sure they have had practice dodging people who want to capture them.

I know we have been talking a lot about little pokemon, but how about Latias or Latios? They are legendary pokemon yet in Pokemon Heros there was 2 Latios and a Latias that was born. How could this be considering all the other legendaries are one of a kind?

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
It could be that (some) legendaries aren't really one of a kind but there's just very few of them. Like in the Sinjoh Ruins event in HG/SS you hatch a brand new Palkia/Dialga/Giratina from an egg. Clearly there's already one in existence before you go to the ruins because otherwise the universe could be unstable (not to mention they need to already exist for D/P/Pt to happen).

Maybe.

Gligar

Bruhfication Sayan
Years
I just feel that some of the fan made theories are wrongly made. I feel that we don't enough about the legendaries, to create rumours about them. After all, we don't know Shaymin's and Victini's true inside power. Sure, the pokedex entries and movies have surely helped, but we can't really understand the details. Victini is especially the mysterous one imo.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Since we haven't had a new topic in a little while I thought that I'd start one. Which'll be:

latest

This thing. Phione.

Phione's status as a legendary Pokemon is disputed in the fandom. Do you consider it a legendary Pokemon, or no? What exactly makes a Pokemon a Legendary Pokemon anyway?

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
Not realllllllllyyyyyyy......
Idk its just so different haha hes a spawn of a ditto and a Manaphy which legendaries are not supposed to be able to breed which we could get into why Manaphy is/isnt a legend and such but for me it comes down to if its not born from two legendaries then its not 100% legendary so then its 50% legendary and 50% normal? I guess haha its so do traversal i dont know how to make a smart response here. But bottom line no only cause im not so sure of Manaphy being considered a legendary.

What makes a pokemon legendary? Well people used to think it was theyre one of a kind but the anime seems to disprove this along with the HGSS alpha ruins event. So what makes a legendary now? Perhaps some pull with the universe or something or just being exceedingly rare and such. But to me a legendary is just a more special pokemon with upped stats and is rare and one of a kind in games! And then i just need to block out the sense around how theres probably one more of this poke in GFs eyes. So basically the pokemon being one of a kind and not being able to breed along with being obviously rare if its one of a kind. For pokes like the trios which are obviously legendaries but theres possibly duplicates of them i just think theres a select few of them that are exceedingly rare. But how does a legendary come about if none of them can breed?

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
Ehh, I don't exactly see a Pokémon bred from a Legendary with mediocre stats being a Legendary itself. Legendaries are known for being powerful, and Phione really isn't all that strong.

Gligar

Bruhfication Sayan
Years
Both Manaphy and Phione are legendaries to me, although they are are pretty pointless. I'd love them to be just a normal everyday pokemon bruh, because I love their design. I think Manaphy is more of a legendary than Phione. There was no neeed to bring two pokemon bruhs looking the same to be legendaries. I like dem tho.

RedWolf98

That Guy >.>
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 31, 2015
There was a whole movie dedicated to Manaphy and the lore behind her (I've always seen Manaphy as female, don't judge). She had a whole temple under the sea in which she resided over and had a whole native people worship her and the temple. The purpose was for the Sea Jewel found inside said temple that Manaphy protects and so that's the reason why the native peoples worship the protector of the sea. It sounds like another Lugia story except that Manaphy is more... Nomadic.

Onto the point with Phiony being a legendary or not... Well, I've never heard anything about said Pokemon in any game really. Even in the movies there wasn't anything about Phiony and so that makes me think that Phiony is more a normal Pokemon or a very unlegendary "Legendary"... On top of that, Dedenne brought up a good point with the breed of Phiony;

Idk its just so different haha hes a spawn of a ditto and a Manaphy which legendaries are not supposed to be able to breed which we could get into why Manaphy is/isnt a legend and such but for me it comes down to if its not born from two legendaries then its not 100% legendary so then its 50% legendary and 50% normal?

This brings me to what makes a legendary and all the very powerful and notable legendaries have no sex. Latios and Latias aren't considered very Legendary for the same purpose. But if we look back to what legendaries have no sex or do we find a pattern. Most all the sexless legendaries are the ones who have massive control over some element (I.E. The bird trio, Weather trio, Creation trio, etc.) and then you have the protectors who protect the lands which they reside (This includes Manaphy, Mew, MewTwo, Sheymin, Etc.). Phiony hardly fits the description as they are pretty much Manaphy's that are breed in captivity and are wanted as good luck charms. If we were to discriminate Phiony for that ability then what is Vicini in all of this?

These are complicated questions but I like them. Makes a trainer think :P

Years
  • Age 29
  • home
  • Seen Aug 16, 2023
i don't know, to me Phione is still a legendary, just for being part of Manaphy's family.
i think Legendaries are Legendaries not only because of their immense power, but perhaps even more so because of their lore. Legendary Pokémon all have their own 'mythology', if you will, and Manaphy's is that it protects the Sea Jewel in the Temple of the Sea as RedWolf also mentioned. so for me it counts as Legendary c:
i have to agree that Dedenne's point of it being '50/50 legendary/normal' is great, though (。 >艸<)

Gligar

Bruhfication Sayan
Years
i don't know, to me Phione is still a legendary, just for being part of Manaphy's family.
i think Legendaries are Legendaries not only because of their immense power, but perhaps even more so because of their lore. Legendary Pokémon all have their own 'mythology', if you will, and Manaphy's is that it protects the Sea Jewel in the Temple of the Sea as RedWolf also mentioned. so for me it counts as Legendary c:
i have to agree that Dedenne's point of it being '50/50 legendary/normal' is great, though (。 >艸<)

Nah, I just don't feel Phione like being Legendary. It's just like Hercules. When he was born, he was still considered as a mortal, although his father was Zeus.

Back