• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: [Cross-Platform] Script Editor Advance [WIP]

Turtl3Skulll

Blue Turtl3
Years
would this work with advance map if it were a .exe

It should work either way, even though its a .jar it would still give you an offset which you can add inside advance map.
Being a .jar file allows it to be compatible inside all OS's that support Java, so its (practically) running as a regular program inside of windows.

JordanB500

Former Pokemon League Champion
Years
Advancemap will not allow a .jar file under the "choose script editor" option i already tried it

perhaps when the tool is finished and the bugs are removed an executable could be made atm im using xse

Turtl3Skulll

Blue Turtl3
Years
Advancemap will not allow a .jar file under the "choose script editor" option i already tried it

perhaps when the tool is finished and the bugs are removed an executable could be made atm im using xse

Oh sorry, I understand what you meant now.
You'll have to switch over to MEH for that, I dunno if it has support for a scrip editor, but assuming shinyquagsire made them both, it should work there if he has implemented it.

Shiny Quagsire

I'm Still Alive, Elsewhere
Years
Oh sorry, I understand what you meant now.
You'll have to switch over to MEH for that, I dunno if it has support for a scrip editor, but assuming shinyquagsire made them both, it should work there if he has implemented it.

Being completely honest, but that's one of the reasons I actually made MEH, because in Linux there was no way to pass the scripting info from A-Map to SEA and not have to run SEA in Wine.

Also, for the curious, I've started a tiny bit of work on SEA again, although mostly for my split disassembly. Once (or if) my split disassembly gains a bit of steam, SEA will be the one way to script for split diassemblies. Basically how it will work is SEA will have a script compiler which will convert from scripts to ASM files which can be included into the disassembly, as well as a decompiler which can show you the assembly version as well. At the moment I'm actually working on a linear script decompiler which can output every script in the ROM into one file, but only in ASM for now.

JordanB500

Former Pokemon League Champion
Years
You don't. You install Java, and then run the file either by double clicking it, or running it through a command line.

Sigh. Advancemap cannot read .jar files so Wine would be great for Advance Map and if i could get wine i could run sea and my problem would be solved, otherwise it is the only thing keeping me from

run(ing) the file (through advancemap)
No offense

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 6, 2019
Sigh. Advancemap cannot read .jar files so Wine would be great for Advance Map and if i could get wine i could run sea and my problem would be solved, otherwise it is the only thing keeping me from

No offense
I thought you were saying you had to run SEA through AMap to use it for a second there lol. Assuming you're using a Mac, isn't there a dual boot option for Windows? That should solve your problems. Also SEA probably isn't worth using right now, so there's that.
EDIT: If you're using Linux, then just wait for MEH I guess?

Last edited:

Turtl3Skulll

Blue Turtl3
Years
Jordan, If you're running on Linux, just install Java & SEA will run, to run Advance Map, You install Wine, which you'll have to google depending on your distro & then you just select Advance Map inside of wine.
For Mac, download "WineSkin", "WineBottler", "PlayOnMac", or Manually Compile Wine from WineHQ

Back