• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PokéMew1

Pokémon Fuchsia
Years
Thanks, Kurupika Now, how would I put that into XSE?
( I have an Idea)

#dynamic 8x00000

#org $script
sethealingplace 0x01
end

Would this be it?

Try this script:

#dynamic 0x800000
#org @start
lock
faceplayer
setvar 0x405A 0x0004
setvar 0x405B 0x05
setvar 0x405C 0x05
applymovement 0x1 @face2
waitmovement 0x1
applymovement 0xFF @face
waitmovement 0xFF
sethealingplace 0x1
release
end

#org @face
#raw 0x01
#raw 0xFE

#org @face2
#raw 0x0
#raw 0xFE

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
Try this script:

#dynamic 0x800000
#org @start
lock
faceplayer
setvar 0x405A 0x0004
setvar 0x405B 0x05
setvar 0x405C 0x05
applymovement 0x1 @face2
waitmovement 0x1
applymovement 0xFF @face
waitmovement 0xFF
sethealingplace 0x1
release
end

#org @face
#raw 0x01
#raw 0xFE

#org @face2
#raw 0x0
#raw 0xFE

Please explain this. Just giving him the script doesn't teach him anything. Always explain.

Hey KarateKid, I saw you say, several times, that A-Map 1.95 is buggy.
Do you know what sort of bugs are in it?

Well, it is very easy to corrupt maps. Creating and inserting new maps and banks tends to glitch up a lot. Also, for beginners, the manual repointing is very confusing and leads to more issues do to not understanding it. Lastly, it in itself is a beta, an in-between stage, and was never finished.

Almost every single feature (except adding tile sets, which you can do manually, and the bucket fill, which, if you are using, you're mapping wrong.:p) is in 1.92.

Last edited:
Years
@iZackefx, In JPAN's hacked engine, 3 variables are used for the setHealingPlace, when the player whites out, the location where it warps to is decided by these 3 variables:
  • Variable 0x405A should contain the map's bank, in PokéMew151's exemple, he sets it to 0x0004 which is the bank (04, 00), Red's house.
  • Variable 0x405B should contain the X coordinate.
  • Variable 0x405C should contain the Y coordinate.
  • Then, setHealingPlace 0x0 if you want the PokéCenter healing animation, otherwise, setHealingPlace 0x1

So, you must use PokéMew151's script (without the applymovements) before the player starts any trainer or wild battle.
After that, you'll need a level script in every Pokécenter that stores the PokéCenter's map and the correct X, Y coordinates in those 3 variables.

If you need to edit the old PokéCenter and Player's mom healing scripts, here are their pointers:
  • 0x081A8D97 (PokéCenter)
  • 0x081A8DD8 (Mom)
(Most likely, you'll need to repoint them in order to edit them...)

Last edited:

PokéMew1

Pokémon Fuchsia
Years
Please explain this. Just giving him the script doesn't teach him anything. Always explain.

iZackefx,
Open XSE and your rom, and type the script I gave you. Once completed, click compile(gear button at top) and click copy. The offset you copied now contains the script, then you paste it over the offset that your replacing in a-map. Ex: I want to replace the fat person in pallet towns script. After I copied my offset, I click on the fat mans script under events in a-map, and paste it over his script offset. Now I have successfully replaced his script.

karatekid552

Years
iZackefx,
Open XSE and your rom, and type the script I gave you. Once completed, click compile(gear button at top) and click copy. The offset you copied now contains the script, then you paste it over the offset that your replacing in a-map. Ex: I want to replace the fat person in pallet towns script. After I copied my offset, I click on the fat mans script under events in a-map, and paste it over his script offset. Now I have successfully replaced his script.

Lol, this is not what I meant. I meant explain the script itself, like Kurapika did. I'm sure he knows how to script, it was explaining what the script does and how it works that he needed to know.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 8, 2015
Hi,

I was just wondering where I could post my hacking/mod thread? I'm doing some respriting/re-evolution work/music importing/asm hacks, and it's not like I have a real storyline as it's a dungeon-rush style game, but I am looking for feedback/ideas on that plot as I do have a storyline idea floating around. Some humor and random stuff I could do.

I tried progressing hacks, but it got denied... so I recently tried Slideshow sub-forum, and I'm wondering if that would be a proper place?

I might work in a storyline too, but right now it's a lot of technical/mechanics stuff, and I'm looking to butt heads with other hackers to get more going.

I am able to do some great hacks, I could try my hand at designing a mini-game (not sure what yet though), and I have a knack for assembly code. I can find a lot of things I need/want to find.

I have screenshots, and some ideas, which could turn into a project if people like the idea... but I would like to actually post it somewhere... I usually become more productive when I get feedback, knowing if my ideas are doing ok.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 8, 2015
Did you read the rules about starting a thread in the Progressing Hacks forum?
I don't know what I can say to help you, why not "advertise" it in you signature and be a little actif in the Rom Hacking forums??

Edit: I think you can post you request in the Emulation & Rom hacing forum: http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=156
Yeah, I read the rules and tried to post my topic according to screenshots, story, etc... maybe my storyline was too weak for Progressing Hacks? I just don't know where else to post it... but yeah, I was thinking about a signature.

I also posted in the hacking section you're showing, I didn't see it.

PokéMew1

Pokémon Fuchsia
Years
Lol, this is not what I meant. I meant explain the script itself, like Kurapika did. I'm sure he knows how to script, it was explaining what the script does and how it works that he needed to know.

Ya, I kinda suspected him of knowing how to script...
I guess I couldnt quite get at what you ment there...

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Question...
I am using YAPE to edit PKMN movesets, because I can't, for the life of me, figure out how to add a new attack on a PKMN using PGE.
Anyway, I am almost reaching the limit of how many moves I can put to all PKMN in the ROM.

According to YAPE's ini file, 3,972 is the maximum number of moves learned by all PKMN in the game.

I changed it to 5,000 and am going to see what happens if I do exceed the 3,972 limit.

Since I haven't yet, I wish to ask of the things that might happen, and also ask for the things I needed to do to properly increase the limit.

Thanks~

karatekid552

Years
Question...
I am using YAPE to edit PKMN movesets, because I can't, for the life of me, figure out how to add a new attack on a PKMN using PGE.
Anyway, I am almost reaching the limit of how many moves I can put to all PKMN in the ROM.

According to YAPE's ini file, 3,972 is the maximum number of moves learned by all PKMN in the game.

I changed it to 5,000 and am going to see what happens if I do exceed the 3,972 limit.

Since I haven't yet, I wish to ask of the things that might happen, and also ask for the things I needed to do to properly increase the limit.

Thanks~

The table will most like spill over into other data. When YAPE first saves, it takes all of the move data in the rom and condenses it into a massive new table, which it refers to as the "move pool". So, by removing the restriction on this table, it will most likely just keep adding to it and corrupt other data. Or, it will just error on you. Not sure.

If you want, I can explain how to add new moves in PGE. However, since PGE and YAPE have very different move editing schemes and formats, they don't play well with each other.

Years
  • Seen Dec 5, 2023
Two questions:

- I have a few longer scripts which initiate trainer battles at some point, and when they do so, they cause the player overworld to abruptly about face. Any thoughts as to why? I've toyed with different trainerbattle settings, to no avail.

- I have not experienced this problem personally, but one of my testers has shown the revolving doors in Fortree Gym flipped 180 degrees vertically. I've left the level scripts the same, and do not experience the problem myself. I don't have any scripts in-game which toy with the associate vars, either.

MrElephant

Pokemon Researcher
Years
Hey everyone I just have a quick question. I am currently editing pokemon emerald but I do not know how to insert the background in the intro of the game (the one that is behind professor birch) I know that it can be done in pokemon ruby, so if anyone can help me find a tutorial or tell me the unlz number anything like that it would be great. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back