• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokemon Crimson Skies (AUGUST 2016 DEMO 2.0, 30 HOURS LONG AND 7 GYMS)

Florio

Pokemon Crimson Skies Owner
Years
Story
Spoiler:

Features
Spoiler:

Current Progress
Spoiler:

Screenshots
Spoiler:

Video
Spoiler:

Demo
Spoiler:

Want to help?
Spriters are heavily needed, and scripters are welcome to. Send a PM my way if interested.

Support banner

Credits
  • Maruno, Poccil, FlameGuru and more - Pokemon Essentials Starter Kit
  • KyleDove, Spriters-Resource, and more - Graphics
  • mej71 and all of the Contributors of the Gen 6 Project - Gen 6 Project
  • Luka S.J and all of the Contributors of the Elite Battle System - Elite Battle System
  • Luka S.J - Start Menu Script and PWT Script
  • Sam24 - Sprites, couldn't of done it without this guy
  • FL - PWT Script Edits and Battle Point Scripts
  • DeKay - Scripts
  • Saving Raven - Sprites
  • shiney570 - Menu script
  • GameFreak - For making Pokemon
-I will try to make this list more complete in the future-​

Last edited:

Chimchar

THE Chimchar Tamer
Years
  • Age 26
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 11, 2017
The storyline sounds nice but a few things are missing.

What is the other thing the player does throughout the story? Gym battles, Elite four, collect the Crimson items?

Starters?

Something else just slipped my mind. But, the storyline is nice. I hope to see this game develop!

Florio

Years
The storyline sounds nice but a few things are missing.

What is the other thing the player does throughout the story? Gym battles, Elite four, collect the Crimson items?

Starters?

Something else just slipped my mind. But, the storyline is nice. I hope to see this game develop!

I updated the thread with the information that was missing. The player does do Gym Battles and there is a new Elite Four. The player is trying to stop Team Crimson from collecting the Crimson Item's. The Starters are Chikorita, Cyndaquil and Totodile. I decided to pick them because they are all mono-type starters, which I prefer.

Thanks for the support, and I think I'll also upload a demo shortly. I just want to touch up a few things before I do. There seems to be a lag issue in Pokemon Essentials V14 while walking in the overworld, so I'll probably just upload a demo from my V13 version, although animations are glitchy in that version.

EDIT: I've decided to post a Demo with the V13 of Pokemon Essentials. I hope you all enjoy it, and please give me some opinions on it.

Last edited:

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
I came across this a while back and have seen u on the community b4 about u losing interest im extremely happy that the game is back up because i really like the storyline (also in the story spoiler maybe say Crimson Skies alittle less often lol) also will u have mega evoulutions? If so if put it in features and im happy ur hoping to get custom sprites cause games always look better and more authentic with them. ;)
Good luck with this and if u need a beta tester id be happy to on this or next demo :)

mustafa505

Aeon Developer
Years
The storyline is quite good, mapping is very nice and nintendo-ish like, but imo you should try adding shadows to the buildings and you can also use semi transparent function provided in RMXP, also try adding some more features, cuz that is what attracts people, but even without that, its a pretty cool project, goodluck ^^ !

Last edited:

Florio

Years
I came across this a while back and have seen u on the community b4 about u losing interest im extremely happy that the game is back up because i really like the storyline (also in the story spoiler maybe say Crimson Skies alittle less often lol) also will u have mega evoulutions? If so if put it in features and im happy ur hoping to get custom sprites cause games always look better and more authentic with them. ;)
Good luck with this and if u need a beta tester id be happy to on this or next demo :)

Yeah, I have taken a lot of breaks on this game. I've been working on it since 2009 now, although I barely touched it much between 2010-2013. Lol you are kind of right about me saying Crimson Skies too much.

I do want to have Mega Evolution's, I'm not sure if there are any 4th gen type sprites for them yet though. I'm assuming not. But I would like to have Mega Evolution's, including the OR/AS mega's. And yeah, I'm definitely hoping to find a spriter for my game. That is one of the main reasons that I made this thread, to help find a spriter.

You could always play the demo if you want to test it for me. I would like to hear the feedback of how you like playing through it.

The storyline is quite good, mapping is very nice and nintendo-ish like, but imo you should try adding shadows to the buildings and you can also use semi transparent function provided in RMXP, also try adding some more features, cuz that is what attracts people, but even without that, its a pretty cool project, goodluck ^^ !

I'll see what I can do about shadows, and I'll look into the semi transparent function also. I plan to have some custom features, but for now I am just focusing on mapping. I need to finish mapping my full region out, which is a lot of work. Thanks for the advice though.

mustafa505

Aeon Developer
Years
Yeah, I have taken a lot of breaks on this game. I've been working on it since 2009 now, although I barely touched it much between 2010-2013. Lol you are kind of right about me saying Crimson Skies too much.

I do want to have Mega Evolution's, I'm not sure if there are any 4th gen type sprites for them yet though. I'm assuming not. But I would like to have Mega Evolution's, including the OR/AS mega's. And yeah, I'm definitely hoping to find a spriter for my game. That is one of the main reasons that I made this thread, to help find a spriter.

You could always play the demo if you want to test it for me. I would like to hear the feedback of how you like playing through it.

I'll see what I can do about shadows, and I'll look into the semi transparent function also. I plan to have some custom features, but for now I am just focusing on mapping. I need to finish mapping my full region out, which is a lot of work. Thanks for the advice though.

I could help you with OW sprites, if ya want to see my work i uploaded few screens of the ow's i worked on from my fan game thread.

Florio

Years
I could help you with OW sprites, if ya want to see my work i uploaded few screens of the ow's i worked on from my fan game thread.

That would be great, send me a PM when you got the time (maybe with your skype name, if you have one).

Florio

Years
Okay guys so I have a request from anyone who wants to help me, I am looking to recolor these tiles nicely and it would be amazing if I could get some help to get them done nicely. Credits go to Hek El Grande for the Reshiram/Zekrom walls and the other person who made the rest of the tiles. Also I could use some help with Groudon/Kyogre walls and Xernas/Yveltal walls. Post or message me if you can help on any of this.

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb144/florio13/TempleTileset.png

Oh, and I am hoping to get the recolors looking similar to the temple hosts. For example for the Reshiram/Zekrom temple, the main colors used should be Black and White. For the Kyogre/Groudon temple, the main colors should be Blue/Red. Just message me or post, like I said earlier.

Florio

Years
Here to show off the newest screenshot of my game Crimson Skies, this is the entrance to the Ying-Yang temple. Credits to fashayshay for the recolor and hek_el_grande for the Reshiram/Zekrom walls (I also need help getting Groudon/Kyogre walls, and Xerneas/Yveltal walls, so if you want to help message me)

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Snooper16

The Bionic Man
Years
Wow, this game is looking good so far (It's got a demo, even!). Can't wait to see what the full game has in store for us!

Once I learn how to use my keyboard to record music to my music program of choice, I could try my hand at making custom tracks for the game. :)

Florio

Years
Hey guys, just wanted to say that I am still working on the game and that the progress is coming along great. Here is the current region map (all labeled areas are fully mapped):

Spoiler:

Like I said, I fully mapped all those labeled areas. I prefer to take make my Region Map as I go along mapping my game, rather than predetermine the whole region setup, so expect the map to be fully filled by the time the game is completed. As of now the game is four gyms long, so expect at least double the amount of maps!

Also just wanted to say that I really do still need help from some spriter's for my game. I need some custom matching OW/Trainer Battle sprites the most, and probably a few other things that I can't think of off the top of my head right now. Anyways, message me if you want to help, or add my skype Florio_13 (the one from Canada).

Last edited:

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
Hey guys, just wanted to say that I am still working on the game and that the progress is coming along great. Here is the current region map (all labeled areas are fully mapped):

Spoiler:

Like I said, I fully mapped all those labeled areas. I prefer to take make my Region Map as I go along mapping my game, rather than predetermine the whole region setup, so expect the map to be fully filled by the time the game is completed. As of now the game is four gyms long, so expect at least double the amount of maps!

Also just wanted to say that I really do still need help from some spriter's for my game. I need some custom matching OW/Trainer Battle sprites the most, and probably a few other things that I can't think of off the top of my head right now. Anyways, message me if you want to help, or add my skype Florio_13 (the one from Canada).

Looking good! Cant wait for a new demo (and a new laptop that works lol)
I wish i could help but when it comes to making pokemon games im lost haha.

Florio

Years
Looking good! Cant wait for a new demo (and a new laptop that works lol)
I wish i could help but when it comes to making pokemon games im lost haha.

Thanks bro, I plan to probably have the next one out around Christmas time. And you can help by telling me what you think about the demo XD

Also want to show you guys the newest graphics that I have received, credits go to Sam24 for making them for me. I really appreciate it bro. So check it out guys.
Here is a video showing the graphics, and an event at the Yin-Yang Temple!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2023
Just downloaded this today, and it's pretty good. One thing that does get me though is the Eevees are virtually impossible to catch, I mean there was one, a level 4, couldn't have been on more than a couple of hp, and paralysed, and it still broke out of three pokeballs before I gave up and just beat it.

Florio

Years
Just downloaded this today, and it's pretty good. One thing that does get me though is the Eevees are virtually impossible to catch, I mean there was one, a level 4, couldn't have been on more than a couple of hp, and paralysed, and it still broke out of three pokeballs before I gave up and just beat it.

Thanks, and I'll increase Eevee's catch rate for the next demo. Eevee has a pretty low catch rate, but since I added it early in the game, it only makes sense to increase it.

Florio

Years
Hey guys, just wanted to stop by and say that I plan to release a new Official Beta 1.0 within a few days or a week or two, hopefully sooner than later. Here are some of the things this beta will include:

5 Gym Badges
Mega Evolution (24/48 Mega Stones will be available)
New Hero/Heroine Sprites and other Sprites (credit to Sam24)
New Story Development
And A Brand New Tournament Mode

Here are some screenshots to get you guys hyped:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Florio

Years
I have some new screenshots to show off for the upcoming Beta 1.0! The beta is coming very close to being completed, so expect it very soon!

New Trainer Mug shots, credits go to Sam24
Spoiler:

A sleeping Snorlax? I wonder what type of Flute you will need to awaken it...
Spoiler:

And the inside of the fifth Gym, the Ice-type Gym.
Spoiler:

Florio

Years
Just another update, the beta is almost ready, I just need to get a few things first (mainly the gen 6 pack that is coming soon). Here is a sneak peek video of some of the new stuff coming in my game including the brand new tournament mode (the tournament mode needs to be updated soon, going to keep Kanto leaders only and replace the other ones with my own sets), the random prize starter Pokemon for winning the Tournament, the new IV screen, the Shinyizer and IV Randomizer (credits to Dekay), Cycling Road and the location of Sharpedonite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcx8n0wHPj0

Back