• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon Run (v4.6) 5/15

How hard is the game for you?

• Easy, I never lost a single battle!

Votes: 11 17.2%
  • Easy

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Nicely balanced

Votes: 32 50.0%
  • Challenging

Votes: 13 20.3%
  • Too challenging

Votes: 4 6.3%

• Total voters
Years
run_title.png

VERSION 4.6.2 NOW LIVE
May 22, 2019​

Pokémon Run is a game about exploring newly purchased land and interacting with the squatters who've taken up residence there, all the while protecting your precious pokémon from being taken by entities whose origins are as mysterious as the very beings themselves. Pokémon are fairly hard to come by and are only found in special grottos. There are other methods of obtaining pokémon though (see Features).

Even though I'm a fan of the Pokémon games, I've got to say they are painstakingly tedious, and become repetitive quite easily. The basis behind Run's inception involved trying to combat this tediousness, and make a game that was more easygoing and fun. This game is being made with Pokémon Essentials on RPGMaker XP. By the way, THANK YOU FOR 2100+ DOWNLOADS on the last update!

1.png

2.png

3.png

Features (in depth):

Spoiler:

(!)BECOME YOUR POKÉMON during PMD-like missions to retrieve arcane crystals from ruins inaccessible to humans.
1sUDFlbY.png
1Hu3DE2rL.png

Known Bugs (VERSION 4.6.2):
Spoiler:

Credits:

Spoiler:

Progress/Download:

If Mediafire says "access denied," try opening in the same tab.
PATCH 4.6.2
- Fixes Bugs in Bunker, Sunnydale, and Metalstock (Requires 4.6)

Demo 4.6
- Adds content and fixes

Please, if you are softlocked, send me your save file and I will fix it.

changes:
Spoiler:

Older Downloads:
Spoiler:

I can upload a Mac version if requested, but that's a lot of megabytes. Wine works well with this game if you want to give that a shot.

Help wanted!

My priority right now lies in creating new trainers and sprites. Art for the "game cover" would be awesome too, like the epic Doom box art, etc. (Also, Let's Plays are very much welcomed!) Message me if you'd like to get involved!

If you're not an artist, you could let me know (1) if the game is balanced in terms of battles, (2) if some of the features are stupid, like the Evostones, and (3) if anything is buggy in general. Much appreciated!

Link: Download the OST
Link: Follow me on Instagram
discord-1-128.png
Official Discord: woah#0147
Ask me questions, give recommendations, or just have a chat!

Last edited:

Makattack202

guy with the torterra pfp
Years
Oh man, I can't believe nobody has said anything about this yet.
This is one of the most unique Pokemon fangames I have ever heard of.

Kudos to you for making this.

Senyu

Pokemon Exordium Creator
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 21, 2018
1.) Do the customized pokeballs cover the whole evolution line for that Pokemon?

2.) Also, I like how you added custom sprites so we can see the item before we retrieve it!

Benjamin Kuli

Mahagon
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 23, 2022
This seems like a nice idea! I really like the new concepts you've introduced. Actually, my favourite one is the Fossil starter. I'd really like to see a Pokémon game where you can't catch a Pokémon at all, but you can revive them from fossils...

However, that's another topic. I like the idea of a semi-open world. By that, what do you mean? You can go anywhere you want, but because of the "power creep", there's an optimal route? Or sometimes you have choices, and a few places are locked?

The new battle system is actually interesting, to say the least. However, I have mixed feelings about the balls. While I can understand why it is implemented, I still think it is not as good as the other features, as it has some actual backlashes.

And thanks for not using the Gym 8 and Elite 4 scheme. Thank you so much.

(By the way, you mentioned you need sound designers. Do you need music, or sound effects?)

Years
Makattack202 said:
Kudos to you for making this.
That's the best thing anyone could ever say to me...

1.) Do the customized pokeballs cover the whole evolution line for that Pokemon?
2.) Also, I like how you added custom sprites so we can see the item before we retrieve it!
1) I haven't thought about that, but that's because I haven't gotten to the point where you can find evolved pokémon in the wild. To make things easier on myself, I will add that capability. Incidentally, some pokéball sprites will resemble the pokémon, regardless of the evolution. However, like the phanpyball for example,
item604.png
, donphan is only vaguely represented, but you get the point.
2) Don't you hate Rock-Smashing a bunch of rocks just to find out that the item on the other side is only an iceheal? Now you have the choice to ignore items :)

Benjamin Kuli said:
This seems like a nice idea! I really like the new concepts you've introduced. Actually, my favourite one is the Fossil starter. I'd really like to see a Pokémon game where you can't catch a Pokémon at all, but you can revive them from fossils...

However, that's another topic. I like the idea of a semi-open world. By that, what do you mean? You can go anywhere you want, but because of the "power creep", there's an optimal route? Or sometimes you have choices, and a few places are locked?

The new battle system is actually interesting, to say the least. However, I have mixed feelings about the balls. While I can understand why it is implemented, I still think it is not as good as the other features, as it has some actual backlashes.

And thanks for not using the Gym 8 and Elite 4 scheme. Thank you so much.

(By the way, you mentioned you need sound designers. Do you need music, or sound effects?)
Imagine this: A post-apocalyptic scenario in which all pokémon are extinct and you have to revive them from fossils. It'd be called Pokémon: Reanimated or Jurassic World. Yeah, Jurassic World has a nice ring to it. Anyway, by semi-open world I mean you can go to other routes, unconditionally in most cases (there's no one blocking the path saying, "You need X badges to proceed!"), though you may not find much. In other words, the story hasn't progressed to that point yet. To fix this, I might have (optional) multiple stories or side-quests that are located within these alternate routes so the player will still have something to do. And, I believe there it is possible to balance wild pokémon levels to combat the power creep, which I will look into. Otherwise, if you stumble into a special covert that has pokémon way stronger than yours, back away slowly...

Thanks for your input on the ball system. The known problems with it are: 1) There is no guarantee that you will catch the pokémon, but I made it like this on purpose to make it more exciting. 2) To some, it might seem too tiresome or limited. 3) It's a real pain designing custom sprites for the pokéballs. I may add regular pokéballs into the game that will serve as "wild cards." They may either be very hard to find or very expensive. (Also, I'll message you about sound design.)

Benjamin Kuli

Mahagon
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 23, 2022
Imagine this: A post-apocalyptic scenario in which all pokémon are extinct and you have to revive them from fossils. It'd be called Pokémon: Reanimated or Jurassic World. Yeah, Jurassic World has a nice ring to it. Anyway, by semi-open world I mean you can go to other routes, unconditionally in most cases (there's no one blocking the path saying, "You need X badges to proceed!"), though you may not find much. In other words, the story hasn't progressed to that point yet. To fix this, I might have (optional) multiple stories or side-quests that are located within these alternate routes so the player will still have something to do. And, I believe there it is possible to balance wild pokémon levels to combat the power creep, which I will look into. Otherwise, if you stumble into a special covert that has pokémon way stronger than yours, back away slowly...

Thanks for your input on the ball system. The known problems with it are: 1) There is no guarantee that you will catch the pokémon, but I made it like this on purpose to make it more exciting. 2) To some, it might seem too tiresome or limited. 3) It's a real pain designing custom sprites for the pokéballs. I may add regular pokéballs into the game that will serve as "wild cards." They may either be very hard to find or very expensive. (Also, I'll message you about sound design.)

The whole idea of a region with extinct Pokémon... it actually sounds really nice.

The semi-opened idea you described actually sounds really nice. I'm looking forward to see it as soon as it's done. Side-quests are actually a nice feature to fill the empty spaces until you are not "at that part" of the game in the main storyline.

For the ball system... I think the best feature would be to not include Special balls at all. I mean, it is much better to obtain all the Pokémon with special ways (finding them, getting them after a battle, etc.), and while regular Pokéballs could be included, it would be an actually nice twist if they were f***ing expensive.

mde2001

Pokemon Industrial Developer
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 26, 2016
I downloaded the game and have been playing through it a bit and have encountered some game breaking errors.

Firstly, if you go to the map with the entrance to the forest with the fossils and then try to enter it again from the map near your house it transports you to a map full of trees where you can't move instead of the right map.

Secondly, when you enter your house after the first battle you see a line of text then the game displays an error and crashes (I can post a screenshot of the error if you want).

Those are the two major errors however on a side note you have included a lot of things in the download that aren't needed. These include the animmakers, the editor, the errorlog, the extendtext, the fmodex, what appears to be your save file (labelled game with the rpgmaker XP logo as its icon), known point and townmapgen.

None of these are that problematic they just make the download bigger. Your big problem is including the PBS folder. By giving people the PBS folder they can change all of the trainer battles, pokemon stats and so on. If you need more information on how to package the game you should check out the essentials wiki.

Overall, this is looking promising but currently has some really big issues that prevent play.

Years
I downloaded the game and have been playing through it a bit and have encountered some game breaking errors.

Firstly, if you go to the map with the entrance to the forest with the fossils and then try to enter it again from the map near your house it transports you to a map full of trees where you can't move instead of the right map.

Secondly, when you enter your house after the first battle you see a line of text then the game displays an error and crashes (I can post a screenshot of the error if you want).

Those are the two major errors however on a side note you have included a lot of things in the download that aren't needed. These include the animmakers, the editor, the errorlog, the extendtext, the fmodex, what appears to be your save file (labelled game with the rpgmaker XP logo as its icon), known point and townmapgen.

None of these are that problematic they just make the download bigger. Your big problem is including the PBS folder. By giving people the PBS folder they can change all of the trainer battles, pokemon stats and so on. If you need more information on how to package the game you should check out the essentials wiki.

Overall, this is looking promising but currently has some really big issues that prevent play.

I'm glad you brought this up. Otherwise, I'd have never known. I know exactly what you're talking about when you say you get stuck in a "map full of trees." I checked every transfer but this didn't happen for me, so I must've fixed it, hopefully. I also fixed the crash, and thanks for warning me about the PBS. As it is only a demo, it's sure to have some bugs, but I'm willing to fix it promptly when it prevents play. Thanks again!

Demo Version 1.1 is now Live.

mde2001

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 26, 2016
I'm glad you brought this up. Otherwise, I'd have never known. I know exactly what you're talking about when you say you get stuck in a "map full of trees." I checked every transfer but this didn't happen for me, so I must've fixed it, hopefully. I also fixed the crash, and thanks for warning me about the PBS. As it is only a demo, it's sure to have some bugs, but I'm willing to fix it promptly when it prevents play. Thanks again!

Demo Version 1.1 is now Live.

Great! I can't wait to play some more. This game still looks great.

Edit: All working fine with 1.1

I was just wondering where the dad is working. Where I am is in the spoiler.
Spoiler:

Anyway- I'm enjoying the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
I was just wondering where the dad is working. Where I am is in the spoiler.
Spoiler:

Anyway- I'm enjoying the game.

The dad works in an "express" museum in Pondicherry, near the combination ruins, but neither the combination ruins or the museum have been implemented yet. In the next update, you can find your dad and tell him about such and such. Sorry you can't actually find your dad yet.

mde2001

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 26, 2016
Okay- so does that mean that the demo is completed once you decide to find your dad. If so- I think the demo is now completely bug free.

Thanks for making an enjoyable demo and I'm looking forward to more!

Years
New demo version 2.0 out now (that's a whole .9 higher than 1.1!!!)
-The biggest thing is there is around three more hours of intense, creepy story. The surrounding towns and routes are now able to be accessed.
-Added ruins and statues that trigger quests that imitate certain Pokémon Mystery Dungeon mechanics. Mainly, the player becomes his/her pokémon briefly and must retrieve a crystal and get back to the trainer without getting harmed.
-More ways to level up your pokémon, including
1. Pigment+ potions that alter the genetic makeup of your pokémon, making it shiny. Shiny pokémon incidentally grow 4x faster.
2. Evostones, which can be found every now and again, and are used to evolve pokémon that'd normally evolve via leveling up. This feature was meant to add more strategy to the game and speed the evolution process up, especially since fossil starters often will not evolve until around level 30.
3. Transfer Stations, rare monolithic structures that take one pokémon's exp (yes, ultimately killing it) and giving it to another. Just won a useless level 29 stunky from a battle? Don't just keep it in your storage boxes, make real use of it instead with the Transfer Stations!
-Added high-tier berries. Craft a 40hp berry from two oran berries, or craft a 20hp berry that ALSO cures paralysis from an oran and cheri berry.
-Removed the stupid type-specific pokéballs.
-Instead, raised pokéballs in price and made their whereabouts sparser. Buy pokéballs for $3200 now. It's a steal!
-Can't afford those disgustingly exorbitant pokéballs? Sell your unwanted pokémon for about $5600 now. You'll be able to afford 1.75 pokéballs after that great bargain!
-Probably less bugs.
-And more!
Keep in mind that this game is in its very experimental stages, hence all of these odd features. Don't like a feature? Tell me.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 29, 2022
I find the game to be interesting so far. i did find an annoying bug. i went into the building on the right on the mountain i went in got the piece of plastic and stuff from the merchant. i went out and am now stuck in the door on the out side

Years
  • Age 54
  • MA.
  • Seen Oct 7, 2016
I like the game but I am having some trouble playing the game. The bridge near the house at the beginning of the game works fine my first time over it but when I come back to it after exploring it makes either go under it or through it. When I leave the beach and go back to it I sometimes end up in some cave and can't move as the game will freeze. On the back slopes area I get frozen leaving one of the houses or stuck in a cave doorway. If I save outside the house to get around the freeze issue I then get froze in a different location like the cave I used to get to the house that I get frozen at. Thanks if they could get fixed. Also I have a questions about Pokemon levels as I get one from winning a battle and use it in battle and it won't obey me. So are the badges needed for that aspect of the Pokemon obeying you?

Years
Version 3 is on its way, which will hopefully fix these tileset problems (as well as adding gen VI pokémon and expanding the story arc.

I find the game to be interesting so far. i did find an annoying bug. i went into the building on the right on the mountain i went in got the piece of plastic and stuff from the merchant. i went out and am now stuck in the door on the out side

Yep, that would be to do with the tileset, but I wouldn't call that a bug. It's fixed now, but I'm sure there are many other random tiles that don't allow passage. I had to reimport the tileset from scratch, after all. Thanks!

How long is this overall?

You mean, like, currently? Or how long is it expected to be? Currently, I think I've said on the post that it's somewhere between 10 to 15 hours (for someone who knows what he's doing), but I can't remember. Version 3 will probably add at least a couple hours of gameplay to that.

I'm not sure how long the entire story arc will be, as it'll be updated indefinitely.

I like the game but I am having some trouble playing the game. The bridge near the house at the beginning of the game works fine my first time over it but when I come back to it after exploring it makes either go under it or through it. When I leave the beach and go back to it I sometimes end up in some cave and can't move as the game will freeze. On the back slopes area I get frozen leaving one of the houses or stuck in a cave doorway. If I save outside the house to get around the freeze issue I then get froze in a different location like the cave I used to get to the house that I get frozen at. Thanks if they could get fixed. Also I have a questions about Pokemon levels as I get one from winning a battle and use it in battle and it won't obey me. So are the badges needed for that aspect of the Pokemon obeying you?

Thanks for the feedback! Bridges will never fail to fail, so I've no idea how to tackle that conundrum. Rest assured, I'll try, though. I will also try to fix any other tile problems and that badge problem.

Years
  • Age 54
  • MA.
  • Seen Oct 7, 2016
Thanks and I can't wait for the next update of the game. I hope to get the first badge to make all stolen pokemon obey up to a good level.

Years
New demo version 3.0 out now
-More story, more dungeons, and more baddies. There are around 10 hours (?) of gameplay, but that's for someone who knows what he's doing.
-Generation VI mechanics! Some pokémon are available, as well as mega evolution.
-Running on Essentials version 16.
-High-tier berries actually work now.
-Bridges should actually allow passage now. But my god, if they aren't glitchy.
-I can't remember.
-Probably less bugs.
-And more!
Keep in mind that this game is in its very experimental stages, hence all of these odd features. Don't like a feature? I'd love to know about it! Thanks!

h0ZS27KWr.png

Back