• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Music The Cure To Release A New Album In 2019

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
I thought this was a fun story to post, especially since we played some songs by The Cure in DubCity earlier today.

https://www.stereogum.com/2026226/the-cure-new-album/news/

Smith's choice to record a new album was mainly motivated by the artists he recruited for his annual Meltdown festival in London. This year's event boasted a lineup of 60 eclectic acts with performances spread across ten days. "Primarily because of the Meltdown thing, seeing all these new bands inspired me to do something new," Smith told hosts Mark Goodman and Alan Light. "We're going in about six weeks time to finish up what will be our first album in more than a decade. It's very exciting times for us all around." Listen to a clip from the show below.

So, yeah, I like to think we had a little part in this.

And also today, it was announced that The Cure will be inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame in 2019 as well!

Back