• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: First trailer for Mewtwo Strikes Back Evolution!

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Huuuhhh, I would have to watch and see. I like Pokemon in 2D animation, personally.
Though, I do love Mewtwo, and I'd give this one a chance.
The throwback is really nice!

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
I find it sad that we're getting a retread of the first movie only with better CGI instead of something original. God, the Gen 7 films have been such a freaking disaster in terms of content, and idk why we couldn't just get a canon film focusing on the SuMo cast.

So the mere fact they've yet to make a movie with the SuMo cast brings up two questions one must ask and answer. 1) Are they ashamed of their SuMo creation to such an extent that they can't even make a movie revolving around them? 2) If SuMo does not receive such a movie, does it take the title as the worst series to date?

Seem to recall me and Hikamaru debating this awhile back when the first movie came out and hints of the 2nd movie were coming to light. Now that we're on Movie#3 for Generation 7, its hard to fathom that they'd do a 4th Movie seeing as SuMo doesn't have much longer to go. Reminds me... I should update my Top Series list in the coming weeks as its been awhile since my last update.

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
So the mere fact they've yet to make a movie with the SuMo cast brings up two questions one must ask and answer. 1) Are they ashamed of their SuMo creation to such an extent that they can't even make a movie revolving around them? 2) If SuMo does not receive such a movie, does it take the title as the worst series to date?

Seem to recall me and Hikamaru debating this awhile back when the first movie came out and hints of the 2nd movie were coming to light. Now that we're on Movie#3 for Generation 7, its hard to fathom that they'd do a 4th Movie seeing as SuMo doesn't have much longer to go. Reminds me... I should update my Top Series list in the coming weeks as its been awhile since my last update.

To be fair, them not having the movies focus on SuMo may have also been the result of the Kalos movies being box office bombs (especially the Hoopa and Volcanion movies). Of course, that being said, the Gen 7 movies haven't really done much better either, since Movie 21 did poorly compared to Movie 20, for example.

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
Years
I do think the new movies are supposed to be attempts at like revamping the series for the veterans if I'm being candid. The SuMo anime does this too with Brock and Misty appearing but I think that's geared more towards newer fans who have played Pokemon Lets Go rather than veterans. So I think they're trying to hit both demographics by having the anime focus on newbies and the movies focus on oldies. Is it working? Ehhh.

Back