• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Game Idea] Pokemon X and Y Demake

Are you interested in a Pokémon XY Demake on Pokémon Essentials

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 17, 2023
So, I have got a lot of free time now because of Lockdown and stuff so I decided that I should play 3DS Pokémon Games because I never got to enjoy those properly because of school and stuff. I bought Pokémon X and Ultra Sun off the eShop and started playing Ultra Sun first then moved on to Pokemon X.

I'm not really a Pokemon Veteran, so I found Ultra Sun genuinely difficult. I had the EXP Share On for most of the game and yet was being completely destroyed by Ultra Necrozma, Ribombee, Nanu and the Elite 4. It was fun nonetheless. Then, I played Pokemon X and WOW! The games are a cakewalk. The Gyms and E4 were not memorable and the plot is kinda wonky. And I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who thinks this because there are dozens of people who also think that the game is too easy.

I thought "Well that was disappointing, but maybe there's a fangame or something that fixes all this", and after many hours of searching I found only one ROM Hack called Eternal X. I don't like Emulation and didn't want to mod my only 3DS to play Eternal X. So I wanted to fix this. I decided to take it into my own hands to make and XY Remake with a better level curve and improved story (like the Pokemon Z we never got). I recently found out about Pokemon Essentials and, of course, wanted to give it a go.

And then I began making the Game in Essentials. I planned use most of the content of Kalos(maybe some redesigned areas, definitely some new or expanded areas, and maybe more things from later Gens like Z-Moves, Max Raids, etc). I found tilesets which looked similar to XY, made Gen 6 UI Elements, coded in all the abilities and moves and all. Then, I told my brother about my project and he told me "Who cares its a 7 year old game, and anyways remakes just use nostalgia as a crutch, nothing else."

I'd be lying if I said this hadn't left me feeling disheartened about my game. Although I am enjoying myself while making this game, what's the point if no one else enjoys it upon the completion of the game. It all becomes pointless if no one cares in the end.

So this is my question:
Are people interested in a Kalos Demake? Should I scrap/give up on this project and move on to something else?
Opinions and discussion about this are appreciated. I'm willing to share more info about the game as well (not all of it though, because I have some insane plans for the postgame which I'd rather keep a secret for now)

Soccersam

Hilbert is Badass
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
If you are enjoying yourself while making this game, and are genuinely passionate about your project, which I can feel you are just by reading your thread, I'd say, go ahead and do it! I imagine many people were turned off by how easy XY was, (I personally dislike Gen 6 as a whole, ORAS were the only saving graces of this generation imo), and many people, myself included, would like to replay them with a steeper difficulty curve, or at the very least, a moderately tough Elite Four.

Even if you end up scrapping your project, you would have learned a whole bunch of things which you can utilize if and when you ever get around to creating another game. If you've got time amidst the quarantine, go for it and do your best. Who knows? You may end up creating a wildly popular game ;)

Years
If you are enjoying yourself while making this game, and are genuinely passionate about your project, which I can feel you are just by reading your thread, I'd say, go ahead and do it! I imagine many people were turned off by how easy XY was, (I personally dislike Gen 6 as a whole, ORAS were the only saving graces of this generation imo), and many people, myself included, would like to replay them with a steeper difficulty curve, or at the very least, a moderately tough Elite Four.

Even if you end up scrapping your project, you would have learned a whole bunch of things which you can utilize if and when you ever get around to creating another game. If you've got time amidst the quarantine, go for it and do your best. Who knows? You may end up creating a wildly popular game ;)

(Y) S ame

Pokeminer20

PDM20, Coder of Chaos!
Years
God XY was so easy, I was able to beat the whole game in less than a day. please make something drastically better because I would LOVE to go deeper into Kalos if the difficulty was ramped. it'd make Mega Pokemon feel that more awesome!

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 11, 2023
An XY remake would be an excellent idea - as long as you're passionate about it, it's absolutely worthwhile. While we all love Pokemon (the largest gaming franchise in the world iirc), it's no secret that there's a lot of missed opportunities that can be met thru fangames. My own 2 fangames in development are 1) a FRLG/HGSS combo re-make and 2) a Pokemon Colosseum de-make (with elements of XD: Gale of Darkness) and I'm quite enjoying both!

Plenty of Kalos sprites already exist, so if you need help finding them you can message me.

I'd personally love to see a Kalos fangame where all the gym leaders have full teams of 6 Pokemon, more double battles, Team Flare is written better, Z-moves exist, Zygarde matters to the plot, ORAS megas exist, and Lysandre's evil-ness is more subtle until his big reveal.

Years
  • Seen May 17, 2023
just give gym leaders mega pokemon please.
it was the whole gimmick of this gen, and no one but the player had megas which was odd. should fix the difficulty too.

Years
I think this is a wonderful idea! Kalos was brimming with potential, but just barely missed the mark. It would be interesting to see a new take on it, considering that it's going to be a very long time until the official games revisit the region.

Years
You said it yourself that you're enjoying making this game, so I think you can keep at it. I've had some past projects that I lost interest in and never released, but I did learn a lot about game design, workflow, and coding habits that I use currently.

As for X & Y, I love the idea of remaking it and fully fleshing out the Kalos region, as well as ramping up the difficulty. There were so many things left on the cutting room floor for that game.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 1, 2024
Personally,my 3ds is broken, so i would love a demake! it would be the original game to me! ( i never played X & Y )

Back