• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokémon Aster Violet

Takako Rune

Hack Player
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Sep 8, 2021
Pokémon Rose Pink, Iris Purple and Aster Violet

UPDATE:
RP, IP & AV received a new post-game mission to celebrate the release of the sequels: Pokémon Moss Lime and Coral Lapis!
In the new post game you will be able to face off against the gym leaders from the sequel games.
Do check out both the new mission and the sequel games. :)
~TJ

Intro:
RP,IP and AV are made with Pokemon Essentials 16.2 in RPG Maker XP.
They take place in the isolated region of Koris which is based on the north atlantic island nation of Iceland.
The main character sets out to challenge the 8 gyms in the region and soon runs into the misguided Team Sulphur.

Features:
*Synthetic evolution stones - unlimited uses
*Return stone - de-evolve any Pokémon
*Meet an evil organisation - Team Sulphur
*Battle 8 gyms, elite four, and champion
*12 towns and cities; and many other areas
*A selection of Pokémon from all generations
*Mystery Gift
*New Eeveelutions (no other fakemon)
*Post game content - Battle tower, university, etc. and quests
*Version exclusive Pokémon
*Aster Violet has a somewhat more content

Screenshots:

vio12.png

vio13.png

vio05.png

vio08.png

vio01.png

vio07.png

vio02.png

Gameplay video:

Completed. However feedback is needed to test level balance throughout the games.
In case others want to tweak the game, the .rxproj file is included in the download.

Downloads: (last updated 1. sep. 2021 - v.1.59)
Rose Pink v1.59 - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MAEBwwO5fLXX4WaJtfSD-vipssmjxZYo/view?usp=sharing
Iris Purple v1.59 - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CEmuWV7E2K72N80tt6Zm8pWy2SZda1aW/view?usp=sharing
Aster Violet v1.59 - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1q2URumWi6VWiSXMpl1jStgQxz4BbVwKg/view?usp=sharing

Helpful documentation:
List of Pokémon
List of Items
Region Map (ableit outdated)
Eeveelution Movesets

Changelog:
v. 1.59
New Mystery Gift

v. 1.57
Fixes bugs from version 1.55.

v. 1.55
New Post-Game event on Windy Islands.
New Pokémon added to Route 519 and Windy Islands.
Some minor updates.
TURBO BUTTON "F" added

v. 1.5
Game save corruption bug FIXED. (Finally! ^^'')
Screen resizing re-enabled.

v. 1.42
Rocksmash easier attainable. (AV)
Boundry fixes. (AV)
Dialouge fixes. (AV)

v. 1.4
Move Relearner added to Smoke City (AV)
Eeveelution base stats and movesets altered. (Use returnstone in old version before evolving eevee again in current version)

v. 1.39
Several sprite issues fixed.
Optional Auto level scaling added. Talk to fighter in Pokemon Centers. (also for RP and IP now)

v. 1.37
Strength puzzle fixed.

v. 1.36
Optional Auto level scaling added. (AV) Talk to fighter in Pokemon Centers.

v. 1.35
Balance issue fixed.
Minor dialougue fixes.

v. 1.33
Fixed Waterfall passibility.
Reduced particle effects in Volcano Cave. (AV)
TM57 replaced with TM24 in Power Plant.
Berries on Route 516 fixed.
Getting stuck in "Yanma Lake grass" fixed.
"Captain stuck in loop" fixed. (AV)
Eevee trainers level fixed. (still difficult) (AV)

v. 1.31
Sulphur Grunt at Flower Gardens fixed.

v. 1.3
Koris Pokédex added.
Resizing disabled to avoid save corruption.
Daycare error fixed.
Bunch more Post-game content. (in Smoke City)
Various sprite fixes.
De-evolutions fixed.

v. 1.27
Flying bug fixed.
Paralyze Heal missing from marts Fixed.
Missing HM03 fixed.
Rocksmash attainable on Victory Road.
Passibility issues fixed.
Route 503 redesigned. (AV)
Weather altered. (AV)
Improved gym leaders.

v. 1.25
Fletchinder evolution fixed.
Trainer blocking the way in Volcano Cave moved.
Trainers levels slightly altered.

v. 1.2
Map connection issue solved.
Minor edits and bug fixes.

Known issues:
*Changing the resolution will result in a corrupt save file and will prevent the game from reopening until save file (in user/[user name]/saved games) is deleted! FIXED in v.1.5
*Receiving an egg from daycare crashes the game. Cause is still unknown. FIXED in v.1.3
*Music cuts out very rarely.

EEVEELUTION SPRITES CREATED BY NARUTTEBAYO 67:
https://www.deviantart.com/naruttebayo67/art/evoli-evolution-all-166932205

Credits as they appear in game:

POKÉMON ROSE PINK / IRIS PURPLE / ASTER VIOLET
by Takako Jin

"Pokémon Essentials" was created by:
Flameguru
Poccil (Peter O.)
Maruno

With contributions from:
Boushy MiDas Mike
Brother1440 Near Fantastica
FL. PinkMan
Genzai Kawakami Popper
Harshboy Rataime
help-14 SoundSpawn
IceGod64 the__end
Jacob O. Wobbrock Venom12
KitsuneKouta Wachunga
Lisa Anthony xLeD
and everyone else who helped out

Additional Resources by:
Mej 71 Amethyst
Jan Zumi
Bazaro Koyo
Smeargletail Alex
Noscium Lepagon
N-kin Fishbowlsou l90
Princess-Phoenix Dat Lopunny Tho
Conyjams Kaji Atsu
The Cynical Poet Luigi Player
Falgaia of the Smogon S/M Sprite Project
Pikafan 2000 Lord-Myre
Zeak 6464 Tapu Fini
Sparta Lazor Leparagon
Bulbapedia Serebii
M3rein Black Out G5
Rune Rigbycwts
Rot8er-ConeX James Davy
Luka S.J. Naruttebayo
Layell Pom
Takako Jin

"RPG Maker XP" by:
ENTERBRAIN

Pokémon is owned by:
The Pokémon Company
Nintendo
Affiliated with Game Freak

This is a non-profit fan-made game.
No copyright infringements intended.
Please support the official games!

And thanks a lot to @Thundaga for his amazing tutorials!

Last edited:

mewlover22

Pokemon Creator
Years
Going to give rose pink a try.

Edit: Rose pink doesn't work the download file is broken. All 3 files are damaged according to win rar.

Last edited:

Takako Rune

Hack Player
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Sep 8, 2021
Going to give rose pink a try.

Edit: Rose pink doesn't work the download file is broken. All 3 files are damaged according to win rar.

Thank you for the interest in Rose Pink. :) So far most people have played Iris Purple or Aster Violet.

The download links work without problem and the .rar files also extract properly.
If you are talking about the "Oops! There was a problem with the network" window, that's Google Drive being stupid. You can still press the "Download" button without problem.

As for why the pictures are gone, I'll have to look into that. :/

~TJ

mewlover22

Pokemon Creator
Years
Thank you for the interest in Rose Pink. :) So far most people have played Iris Purple or Aster Violet.

The download links work without problem and the .rar files also extract properly.
If you are talking about the "Oops! There was a problem with the network" window, that's Google Drive being stupid. You can still press the "Download" button without problem.

As for why the pictures are gone, I'll have to look into that. :/

~TJ

I already download it but its telling me the rar is damaged or broken.

Edit: Turns out I needed to update win rar.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 26, 2023
Why does staravia not evolve? It is level 42. Should evolve at 34.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 26, 2023
Last comment. You can only fly to three towns and now I am stuck running back through the region.

Takako Rune

Hack Player
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Sep 8, 2021
Last comment. You can only fly to three towns and now I am stuck running back through the region.

That's strange. I'll look into it tomorrow.

As for paralyze heal, it can be bought after you get your first badge.

Thank you for the feedback. Hopefully I'll have the flying bug fixed tomorrow.

~TJ

mewlover22

Pokemon Creator
Years
That's strange. I'll look into it tomorrow.

As for paralyze heal, it can be bought after you get your first badge.

Thank you for the feedback. Hopefully I'll have the flying bug fixed tomorrow.

~TJ

Wanted to say love the game but found a bug I never got my pokegear and never got a pokedex have you consider a region dex for the game? Also might I suggest updating the battle sprites for the gen6 and 7 pokemon and fixing the new eevee's because they are blurry when you zoom in on them love the design so far if you want I can help you update a few things if you want new features.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 26, 2023
Is it only after the first gym? cause I already have the 7th badge and I can by all the heals except that one. Which is fine now cause I have full heals. Maybe it is just a bug? I also don't have a pokedex which I just figured was by design since you do get the pokegear eventually. I love the concept of this game though. Wish there was more of a diversity in the trainers or a harder experience. But I love the evolution stones and the fire dragon eevee was a great idea for sure.

Takako Rune

Hack Player
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Sep 8, 2021
Is it only after the first gym? cause I already have the 7th badge and I can by all the heals except that one. Which is fine now cause I have full heals. Maybe it is just a bug? I also don't have a pokedex which I just figured was by design since you do get the pokegear eventually. I love the concept of this game though. Wish there was more of a diversity in the trainers or a harder experience. But I love the evolution stones and the fire dragon eevee was a great idea for sure.

Thank you. :)
Which version were you playing, by the way?

Yes, not getting a pokédex is on purpose, since I don't have any proper entries for the eeveelutions.

Appearantly the paralyze heal thing is a bug due to a typo I copied and pasted all over the place.
It will be patched in the next version due today or tomorrow, once I fix the flying bug.

I guess I did use the same trainer types over and over. :p
So you thought it was too easy? Good to know. You didn't do any grinding, right?
I'm still trying to figure out the entire level balance thing.

Thanks again for your feedback. :)
Also, an update with more post game content for Aster Violet is coming soon. :)

~TJ

Wanted to say love the game but found a bug I never got my pokegear and never got a pokedex have you consider a region dex for the game? Also might I suggest updating the battle sprites for the gen6 and 7 pokemon and fixing the new eevee's because they are blurry when you zoom in on them love the design so far if you want I can help you update a few things if you want new features.

Hi thanks for the feedback. :)

Sadly I somehow lost the original files for the eeveelutions. I'll still see if I can fix them somehow, once all the big bugs are ironed out.

As I explained above, not getting a pokedex is on purpose.
I am however surprised that you didn't get the pokegear. It was supposed to be handed to you on Route 509 right after leaving Breeze Town.
Which version were you playing?

What kind of new features were you thinking about? :)

~TJ

EDIT: Version 1.27 Fixes Flying and Paralyze Heal bugs!
~TJ

Last edited:

mewlover22

Pokemon Creator
Years
Thank you. :)
Which version were you playing, by the way?

Yes, not getting a pokédex is on purpose, since I don't have any proper entries for the eeveelutions.

Appearantly the paralyze heal thing is a bug due to a typo I copied and pasted all over the place.
It will be patched in the next version due today or tomorrow, once I fix the flying bug.

I guess I did use the same trainer types over and over. :p
So you thought it was too easy? Good to know. You didn't do any grinding, right?
I'm still trying to figure out the entire level balance thing.

Thanks again for your feedback. :)
Also, an update with more post game content for Aster Violet is coming soon. :)

~TJ

Hi thanks for the feedback. :)

Sadly I somehow lost the original files for the eeveelutions. I'll still see if I can fix them somehow, once all the big bugs are ironed out.

As I explained above, not getting a pokedex is on purpose.
I am however surprised that you didn't get the pokegear. It was supposed to be handed to you on Route 509 right after leaving Breeze Town.
Which version were you playing?

What kind of new features were you thinking about? :)

~TJ

EDIT: Version 1.27 Fixes Flying and Paralyze Heal bugs!
~TJ

Oh didn't get that far I noticed that your mom gives you a pokegear and running shoes. As far as features that's up to you the game is good as for eevee entires just think about it based on what they are. Besides that I love the game only issue I have is I can't open the game file because you used an old version of rpg maker xp.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 26, 2023
Yeah I only grinded in the very beginning. After that I just used the exp from trainers and I easily swept most of the gyms with glaceon the ground eevee and blaziken. I played aster violet. I feel like with more trainers throughout the routes, or pokemon that give more exp, and harder gyms it would make the experience better, plus make the game longer. I did enjoy the game though and appreciate your effort I am not trying to be overly critical just trying to give constructive criticism.

Takako Rune

Hack Player
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Sep 8, 2021
Oh didn't get that far I noticed that your mom gives you a pokegear and running shoes. As far as features that's up to you the game is good as for eevee entires just think about it based on what they are. Besides that I love the game only issue I have is I can't open the game file because you used an old version of rpg maker xp.

You are absolutely right. The Pokedex has been added to v1.3. It is given to you in the Gate House south of Breeze Town.

Sorry about the RPGxp. I use v 1.05a. :/

~TJ

Yeah I only grinded in the very beginning. After that I just used the exp from trainers and I easily swept most of the gyms with glaceon the ground eevee and blaziken. I played aster violet. I feel like with more trainers throughout the routes, or pokemon that give more exp, and harder gyms it would make the experience better, plus make the game longer. I did enjoy the game though and appreciate your effort I am not trying to be overly critical just trying to give constructive criticism.

Yes, thank you for the feedback. :) I'll look into making it harder, and perhaps with more trainers, when I get around to it.

As for making it longer, Aster Violet got a big update today, with two big post game missions, both of which start in Smoke City. ;)

~TJ

Last edited:

Takako Rune

Hack Player
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Sep 8, 2021
The game crashes when you go into the cave on Route 519.

That's strange. It doesn't crash for me.
Does is happen repeatedly or was it a one time thing?
~TJ

EDIT: Does it happen as you enter tha cave? Or during a trainer battle, a wild encounter or just while walking around?
Have you tried re-downloading? Sometimes some files get missing/corrupted when downloading.

Last edited:

Takako Rune

Hack Player
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Sep 8, 2021
Happens every time as I enter the cave.

Try the new updated version 1.31 I just uploaded. See if that fixes it.
Also make sure that the game is unzipped.

If it still crashes, could you send me your save file so I can have a look at it?
saves are located in: user/[user name]/saved games)

~TJ

Back