Started by skywalker October 9th, 2019 2:47 AM
  • 133 replies

skywalker

Non-binary
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 2 Hours Ago
33,909 posts
12.4 Years
Good evening... at least for me it is. The RP seems interesting and I wish I had found it much earlier.

I noticed there are two pokemon available, but in a quick scan on SUs, I noticed SUs with those pokemon and was just wondering if the RP was still open to join? I love how the RP is set up and would love to join, not completely familiar with this RP style, but I do like it.

If there available pokemon in the first post are indeed still available, then I'll reserve Pikachu and try my best to get an SU up at some point tonight.
Hii, still interested? :3

I've updated levels and moves @ the rest of you ahah
Advertiser Content

Cyaloom

Countless shards

Age 20
Male
Italy
Seen 50 Minutes Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
419 posts
3.7 Years

Courtney Nair

14 - ♀ - Cinnabar Island - Safari Academy graduate Trainer
While not very tall, Courtney is still easy to spot thanks to her lively ginger hair and bubbly, albeit snarky attitude. Always giving it her all in everything she does, she can come off as quite the stubborn girl. However, she’s also loyal and honest, even to the point of hurting other people’s feelings - and speaking of which, she doesn’t mind throwing in some sarcastic comments, too! This definitely sets her apart from Arianne and, especially, Serenity.
The three girls are also different as far as hobbies go: Courtney doesn’t really have a favorite, but has always liked climbing and trekking around the island, or playing beach volley.

Courtney used to be one of Arianne’s best friends when they were children, but eventually grew more distant. In fact, Courtney’s family is not as wealthy as Arianne’s, and can’t always provide her with the things she wants: especially in the past, this was a big deal for the red haired girl, as it made her feel more insecure and unworthy. In fact, what she wanted the most was to give it her all for her friends and return all their favors: however, she always felt outmatched in that regard.

Like Arianne, Courtney was also fond of Pokémon and wanted to become a trainer, but was rejected the first time she tried to apply for Cape College. Her parents, always supportive of her daughter, decided not to wait another year and let her join Safari Academy instead, using most of their savings and doing their best to cope with the expenses. This made Courtney even sadder when she realized she didn’t manage to graduate in two years, and she really started to believe this wasn’t for her. Just one year later, however, and the red haired girl is all done with school and ready to conquer Kanto!
Courtney is actually about one year younger than Arianne, as her birthday is March 26th!

Courtney's team: ???

skywalker

Non-binary
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 2 Hours Ago
33,909 posts
12.4 Years
What expectations do you guys have on Lavender, from what you've heard about it's Trainers iteration so far? :)

MysticalNinetales

Age 19
Female
Canada
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 4 Hours Ago
935 posts
2.3 Years
A plethora of ghostly things! My perception of Lavender town is that it's a settlement full of mystery and I'd love to play into that as much as possible!

Cyaloom

Countless shards

Age 20
Male
Italy
Seen 50 Minutes Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
419 posts
3.7 Years
What expectations do you guys have on Lavender, from what you've heard about it's Trainers iteration so far? :)
hmmmmmmmmmmm
Spoiler:

Ok, let's see... maybe something about the terrain?
I picture Lavender being built on hilly terrain - nothing too steep, of course, but it's not going to be flat all the way through. The city as a whole is also going to be quite high up compared to the sea to the south, and to Saffron to the west - which means that, just for reference, I could see the Graveyard somewhere in the north-east, and most of the industries in the west.

That said... some more random ideas!
  • Tying into the previous post, there's got to be more... ruins, old things, somewhere in Lavender! The graveyard especially could be a great spot to find ancient artifacts, similar to Rock Tunnel, which - at least for Arianne - would be a cool way to get Honedge :p
    A whole quest could be set up about it, for example, but it's not necessary.
  • Speaking of which, what happened to the Nugget Bridge thugs? Would they be interested in Lavender's graveyard or something?
  • This ties in very well with the "past vs future" theme that this place seems to have! Just an idea: by contrast with the previous point, there can be a little quest to get rid of unwanted Ghost Pokémon. But it doesn't have to stop at just a quest... >:D
  • In fact, the whole city could have a weird mixture of older and modern buildings next to each other. People could have different opinions about that too... this is more for, again, worldbuilding and posting consistent stuff ^^
  • The Gym leader? To be fair I don't have many ideas about him, I'll definitely leave it to you :p But I expect the gym to be somewhere in the middle of the whole city, obviously! And since I'm here, I'll take the chance to ask: what about having multiple Pokémon centers in the city? Not just the one close to the gym, but one for each... section at least? Not all of them will have services like rooms or meals, of course.
  • Oh, before I forget, there's got to be some plants of Lavender in the area!

Cubism

Cubie the Cube

Age 20
Male
The computer room
Seen 9 Hours Ago
Posted 19 Hours Ago
1,131 posts
1.3 Years
I was expecting a Pokemon Tower but I think that was changed already, but I'm still expecting something ghost related there at least near the graveyard

In fact, the whole city could have a weird mixture of older and modern buildings next to each other. People could have different opinions about that too... this is more for, again, worldbuilding and posting consistent stuff ^^
Loom posted at the same time as me I think, so I didn't read this before, but I actually like this.
I still don't know what to put here :rowlyikes:

skywalker

Non-binary
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 2 Hours Ago
33,909 posts
12.4 Years
Loom has a pretty accurate view of the plan tbh! Old vs new is certainly a theme, so expect the eastern graveyard area to clash with the western and central industries.

Groc

Dapper bowler hat

Age 29
Male
Arizona, USA
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted 4 Days Ago
1,437 posts
9.8 Years
My thoughts are: what is the town known for, and what is its main business? In the Kanto games, it was known mainly for the Tower, leading me to believe it was a quiet retirement community. Morbid as it was, Lavender was a place you went to die, or just remember.

In the Johto games, the Tower was replaced with the radio tower, and that caused some friction with the older generation. I'm imagining the Lavender of Trainers to be somewhere in the middle.

Perhaps the Power Plant is associated with Lavender now? That makes sense, considering the Electric Gym. The town has a rustic feel, but it's trying to be more modern. Solar panels on roofs, wind turbines along the south side by the bay, basically the town sells electricity now.

I hope the Gym Leader isn't one of those "we're modern now, I'm going to be a crazy inventor with a lot of tech" type Electric leaders. I actually hope they're a bit of both worlds, maybe a retro enthusiast who accepts the town's new direction, but still has fondness for the old timey aesthetic. Oh, and probably has a Rotom.

skywalker

Non-binary
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 2 Hours Ago
33,909 posts
12.4 Years
Groc gets even more things right ;D

I hadn't planned on a Rotom but... honestly it makes tons of sense. Ghost _and_ electric! Hmmm.
Advertiser Content