• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Trade Corner Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

roosterman

Freaking annoying!
Years
arrrgg i gotta get black 2 soon, i must have that genesect!
EDIT: aaaaaaaaaaaaaah! guys this is so cool, i hit the jackpot! this guy on negotiations asked for starters and other rare pokemon and in return he gave me a uxie, rigirock, level 100 haxorus and a few other legendarys that i can't remember, and those starters were only level 1!
now i gotta go update my trade thread!

Last edited:

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
Considering what he gave you in return, I highly suggest you get those 'mon hack checked before putting it in your shop unless you know him to be a legit trainer. Hacks are illegal to trade, whether or not it's intentional.

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
Haven't posted in AGES! Acctually haven't been playing any Pokemon all summer (too much outdoors fun). I'm right now without internet at home after moving, so I'm bumming out. Go figure... I just recently started playing around with Dream World minigames... Prior to recently all I used Dream World for was promotional only Pokemon...

Luckily the local library has wi-fi that you don't need to hit an "agree to terms" or enter log-in information for, so I'm getting my Dream World fix every few days after work. I've pulled a few of my favorite Poke's so far (A female Mr. Mime on Sunday). Is there anywhere that I can find a list of which ones are considered more rare and/or more desired(obviously, other than the promotional only ones)? It would be nice to know, since one each of my games (Black/White/Black 2) I'm snagging one a day, so it's like I'm grabbing three Pokemon each time I log in... and So far which one I choose to take is based purely on my own tastes, and based on only taking females (unless my only options are males or genderless), AND only trying to take something I don't already have from the dreamworld.. Monday I had to make a tough choice between a female Buizel and a female Relicanth... They were my only two females, and I was guessing the Relicanth is likely more desired by others for trade, but I settled on the Buizel because I am a fan of cute Pokemon.

*sigh*

--Ringo(who funny enough is currently farther in Black 2 than I am on either my Black/White games... hahaha)

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
Is there anywhere that I can find a list of which ones are considered more rare and/or more desired(obviously, other than the promotional only ones)?

Me.

Here is a list of the useful, released Unova DW Pokemon;

Golurk - No Guard
Beartic - Swift Swim
Reuniclus - Regenerator
Stoutland - Scrappy
Haxorus - Unnerve*
Gothirita - Shadow Tag (Upcoming Event)
Durant - Truant**
Klinklang - Clear Body
Amoonguss - Regenerator
Seismitoad - Water Absorb

*Unnerve is actually incredibly strong in PWT/Challenge Mode, almost every Pokemon uses a powerful berry
**For use with Entrainment trolling

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
Me.

Here is a list of the useful, released Unova DW Pokemon;

What about the older generation Pokemon with DW abilities? I've never been a competetive batteler, I mostly like to breed. I'm looking for what Poke's would make good breeding stock to trade later. If I'm stuck between a choice of two different females I don't yet have, I want to be able to base the choice on which I send to my game based on what's desirable to others.

-Ringo

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
What about the older generation Pokemon with DW abilities? I've never been a competetive batteler, I mostly like to breed. I'm looking for what Poke's would make good breeding stock to trade later. If I'm stuck between a choice of two different females I don't yet have, I want to be able to base the choice on which I send to my game based on what's desirable to others.

-Ringo

Off the top of my head the only older DW Pokemon worth getting that you don't personally want would be Sheer Force Bagon, Multiscale Dratini, and Drizzle Politoed. But it would be easier to RNG them from Hidden Grottoes.

The desirability of most older, non-event DW Pokemon was lost due to tutors and grottoes.

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016

The desirability of most older, non-event DW Pokemon was lost due to tutors and grottoes.

Thanks! This is good to keep in mind now. I guess I'll focus on just collecting the ones I like then. I think I'll set a personal challenge of collecting the first gen related Pokemon. I've already got a decent start there... Tangela, Mr. Mime, Magikarp, Smoochum(since it evolves into Jynx), the recent promotional Porygon(wish it was possible to breed gender less), Lickitung.

How hard is it to trade for DW Kanto starters?? I don't care about clones since most good poke's are cloned anyway(and since I clone as it is). Is it likely those will ever be released in North America??

roosterman

Freaking annoying!
Years
Considering what he gave you in return, I highly suggest you get those 'mon hack checked before putting it in your shop unless you know him to be a legit trainer. Hacks are illegal to trade, whether or not it's intentional.
i checked all of them and there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with them, also most hacked pokemon i come across will be at level 100, 50 or the level you find them at but it seems these pokemon just didn't fit his team since they were all trained about 10-30 levels from the level you find them and weren't fully EV trained yet

EDIT: oh, by the way does anyone know if you can get shinys from the dream radar or dream world?

roosterman

Freaking annoying!
Years
Pokemon from the entralink cannot be shiny.
oh wait this pokemon wasn't caught in the entra link, ok so there are two possibilities for this braviary 1: someone actually went to the trouble to make a seemingly legit shiny braviary but put it in a dream ball, 2: someone hacked to get a dream ball anywhere and used it to catch this braviary. i'm assuming number 2 since its pretty hard to make legit pokemon without starting with a legit pokemon but either way i want my uxie back. (by the way, do pokemon caught with hacked pokeballs count as hacked pokemon? and if they don't does anyone want this braviary?)

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
Years
Entralink Pokemon can be shiny (but it's almost impossible). Also, Braviary and Rufflet can't be found in Dream World or Dream Radar and those two are the only places where you can use Dream Balls (well, in Radar, you have no choice actually). So I guess it has to be hacked, sorry.

If you want to trade that Pokemon, first check if it's legit, then post in Quick Trade Thread, not here.

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
Yeah, anything that isn't right about a pokemon, whether it is location caught or pokeball used, will be considered hacked. Whoever hacked your Braviary is a lousy hacker. :|

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
Years
I think you shouldn't use it on GBU, I DC when I see hacked balls. Passing a hacked Pokemon isn't a good option too. If I were you, I'd just release it or keep it.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
Ball type becomes pretty important when trying to figure out/predict someones moveset/ability. Less so in Braviary's case because it has no egg moves, no event moves, or DW only moves. But you should still delete it. It probably won't pass the GBU/GTS hack check anyway.

roosterman

Freaking annoying!
Years
before i knew it was hacked i tried it out in wifi battles and i got it off the GTS so it should be fine, if i decide to trade it i'll put it on the normal GTS so nobody will be rushed to decide if they want it and can see that its hacked

Years
  • Seen Oct 25, 2012
Question about being able to trade with ds lite and gba

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if it is possible to trade between systems if I have 2 game boy advance leaf green games and 2 nintendo ds lite consoles.

I know that the GBA games are compatible with the ds lite console but I'm not sure if I can trade or battle between the 2 games while they are in the Nintendo ds lite console?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 22, 2014
Hello, I was going to put this in quick trades but I think it's better to ask here.
Is there anyone out there whose got spare events that are just trading them for anything?
I'm hunting for a Shaymin, I do have certain starters and legendaries for trade.
But I was wondering if there's a giveaway service doing them?
(I've looked around the forum but can't seem to find one except for event for events)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back