• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Do you think there will be travel between regions?

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
It's just the same as having two games and a third game honestly. Unova has had normal treatment, and if Unova were to be the new Kanto, it'd likely be in these games.

No, not at all. Unova got an entirely new storyline. It wasn't the same game with a few minor changes. Unova has received a totally different treatment, and I don't want to see it come back again. If we're travelling anywhere previous again I don't want Unova for the third time with a new storyline treatment.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Aye, BW2 was not just a mere second coat of paint, it was an all new storyline with new characters, locations, etc. and everything. There was much more than the elements of a simple remaster or touch up! As for including or going back to another region, I'll jump on the Hoenn bandwagon, as seeing Hoenn again somewhere is long overdue. Of course, this would probably rule out a full RSE remake, so maybe it'd be best to stick to one region this go 'round... :s

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
I don't see why not. Maybe we could visit an old region, or we may get two (or more) all-new regions. Europe is very diverse, and if the region we saw in the trailer was based on Paris, there's a good chance we could maybe even travel to other European-based regions. The 3DS cartridge certainly has the space for two regions, and if X and Y are all about "revolutionizing the Pokémon franchise," having the ability to travel to multiple regions would certainly help that.

Years
I don't think they'll do anything related to any region really.. maybe a boat to an outter island near unova or something but nothing big enough for it to be called a region

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
Years
The Hoenn Region

So I was hoovering my house today, thinking about X and Y and also about if GF should make a R/S/G remake... then something struck me.

How about we include the Hoenn region in X and Y, just like GF did with Kanto and Johto? I haven't thought deep about this idea, but just wanted to put it out there. Yes, I would love a remake of one of the third-generation games but it would be interesting if one of the older regions were connected somehow with the plot in the region in X and Y. Just a thought.

Guy

just a guy
Years
The Hoenn region (and RSE in general) is my favorite generation, but the last thing I'd want to see in X and Y is the Hoenn region being included as a post-game location. I just feel like including another region takes away focus on the new region and it takes up space that could otherwise be used to build X and Y into an even better game that it may turn out to be.

On top of that, I think RSE deserves its own title remakes. It shouldn't have to be pinned on haphazardly into another game like Kanto in GSC or HG/SS.

Oh, and there's actually another thread to discuss this topic, so I'm just going to merge this there for you.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
I don't think, there will be more than one region. Including more regions would result in cutting the story in one region, at least that's what I'm thinking would be necessary. It's the same they didn't do in gen 2, I mean there wasn't much going on in Kanto, even in the remakes, so doing the same in X and Y would lead to another boring region. As for Hoenn there would be many empty dungeons and stuff since it's a little bit bigger than Kanto, too.

Also for the new region I hope, it's a little more open world than gen 5, but keeping the immense amount of story events and yeah, no more empty regions, even in post game.

Stormborn

Indecisive
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 26, 2013
No, I doubt they will.

GSC worked because it tied in with RBY, it looks like Pokemon XY have no ties to any other game.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 24, 2017
I don't think there will be generation to generation travel in this game or in any other game again. I think there will be characters from other gens featured like Cynthia and Crasher Wake in gen 5 or like the steel gym leader from gen 2 was in gen 4. Gen 2 was awesome with region to region travel and the ultimate game with every region would be cool but that's exactly why they won't give it to us.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
No, I doubt they will.

GSC worked because it tied in with RBY, it looks like Pokemon XY have no ties to any other game.

But we don't know if X/Y does or doesn't, yet. X/Y is the first new region after Unova, so it technically ties into GSC/RBY a little imo.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
I think RSE should have its own remake and, like Aerilyn stated, not just thrown in haphazardly just for the sake of it being there. It's uncreative. Besides, BW and B2W2 worked with just one region because it was so well developed and the story was indulging. If they can reproduce that in Gen VI, they won't need to add an extra region in.

Other than in RBY/GSC, where their storylines were related and shared the same bad guys and Elite Four location, having extra tag-on regions is pointless, arbitrary and dull. I also doubt that the bad guys in Gen VI will be a revamped Team Magma/Aqua, too, so again... It would just be random and to dully extend playtime for the sake of it.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Unova also worked because it kept half of it's territory for post game. Maybe they'll do that again to give the sense of a new land, while it still being the same region rather than adding in an old one. However I wouldn't mind if we had two new regions (one France, the post game is Britain) :3

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Possibly no, but I really want the new region to be connected with Unova just like Kanto and Johto. The new region should also be close to Unova

France and the United States are separated by the Atlantic Ocean.

That sums up that likelihood. Unless air flight is introduced between regions.

Cyclone

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2014
Highly doubt it. I really don't think they'll recreate any of the regions for this game.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
If they were to have air travel maybe Skyla appears post game and sees the player has potential and invites her/him to go with her to Unova to challenge the Unova league...at the same time the Original Dragon can be unveiled as to not place it in a foreign region if they desire to actually show it.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
That would be disappointing if you'd only face the League there and not explore the rest of the region. I'd like to think that if we could return to Unova we'd see a lot of it in the games. :(

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
That would be disappointing if you'd only face the League there and not explore the rest of the region. I'd like to think that if we could return to Unova we'd see a lot of it in the games. :(
I agree. If anything, we'd get to explore all of Unova without limitation (except maybe a bridge closed until you explore one section first and do something, kind of like Kanto).

Cyclone

Years
Nothing too daring, but I do think that previous characters will make cameo appearances as mentioned...I want to see a game with all regions included but I certainly doubt that will happen any time soon =P

Back