• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How does purification work?

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 12, 2022
Hello, so for the game I'm making - I wanted a theme of the game to be caring for certain Pokemon, and I think using Shadow Pokemon might actually fit the bill really well - though there doesn't seem to be a lot of info on the pokemon wiki about how exactly purification works.

Mainly I'd like to know if I can alter the script to have purified Pokemon counted as "special" so they can't be released and if possible given a diffrent form upon purification.

Like for example - the shadow Pokemon is really angry, dark, and kind of edgy - but the "purified form" would just be really happy and excited compared to its standard form. So that the player can tell which Pokemon was a shadow at some point and they'd have something special to get out of purifying pokes.

So I guess anyone know how feasible this idea is and how I can learn more about altering the purification stuff?

Edit:
I was testing the items list out that's on the wiki, and I don't know if its due to the update since it was before my time - but none of them seem to work if you don't put the plural form in the pbs item file. You'll instead get a message that the text isn't a positive integer.

Feel like that might need to be updated on the wiki.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back