• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Walking Dead

Years
  • Seen Nov 4, 2012
Anyone else watch and love the show ? I just like how it has zombies, but that's not that only problem they deal with. And season 3 is suppose to be action packed, I hope it isn't over-hyped and turn out dull.

Taemin

[i][b]MOVE[/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 10, 2023
You know, I was flipping through channels before work today, and I was it on via a marathon for it. I thought I recognized the name, and come to find I recognized it because the series is a comic and video game series too. XD; "OH NO WONDER..". So I watched the show for the first time ever, and I was kinda hooked all the way through episode one. I'm not sure if I'll watch the entire thing and catch up, buuuuut it was good, and I intend to watch more. I love zombie apocalypse scenarios, and this series seems to do it correctly in a lot of ways. Though, I'd be lying if I said I didn't laugh once or twice.

Years
  • Seen Nov 4, 2012
You know, I was flipping through channels before work today, and I was it on via a marathon for it. I thought I recognized the name, and come to find I recognized it because the series is a comic and video game series too. XD; "OH NO WONDER..". So I watched the show for the first time ever, and I was kinda hooked all the way through episode one. I'm not sure if I'll watch the entire thing and catch up, buuuuut it was good, and I intend to watch more. I love zombie apocalypse scenarios, and this series seems to do it correctly in a lot of ways. Though, I'd be lying if I said I didn't laugh once or twice.

You should continue the series! It gets really good, it's the only TV show that I've kept up ( since I got Netflix ) on the TV, ever since Lost.

Years
I love the Walking Dead! It comes back today, yay! I've seen both seasons, and I preferred season 1 because it was more adventure-y/intense, but season two was great for character building. Also, i kind of knew what was going to happen in season 2, so that may have spoiled it for me a little. Recently, I've read the first 10 issues or something like that of the comic, and I have to say I prefer the show. The show is just so much more in depth and intense, where as the comic is really fast-paced with lesser character development. (I feel)

What I like about it is not so much the zombies, but more how the characters who were just everyday people, react to the apocalypse setting they've been thrown into. They're all really interesting, and it's really sad when a character dies. (unless it's someone I really dislike like
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Oct 25, 2012
I love the Walking Dead! It comes back today, yay! I've seen both seasons, and I preferred season 1 because it was more adventure-y/intense, but season two was great for character building. Also, i kind of knew what was going to happen in season 2, so that may have spoiled it for me a little. Recently, I've read the first 10 issues or something like that of the comic, and I have to say I prefer the show. The show is just so much more in depth and intense, where as the comic is really fast-paced with lesser character development. (I feel)

What I like about it is not so much the zombies, but more how the characters who were just everyday people, react to the apocalypse setting they've been thrown into. They're all really interesting, and it's really sad when a character dies. (unless it's someone I really dislike like
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Daryl is easily my favorite character. I am rooting for him to survive this. As for the others, I don't really care about them. Carl is just your typical annoying kid, Lori just can't make up her mind, Rick's leadership will seemingly come into question every time he proposes a solution or whatever (although I can sympathize and reason with his decisions; the group just seems too confused to deal with decisions), T-Dog is just..there for the sake of being there, Glenn and Maggie are okay, and I kind of forgot about the others, lol.

Iqid Loopz

This sentence is a lie.
Years
I'm looking forward to the new season. BUT I'm praying that AMC wouldn't pull off what they did last year with splitting the season within a 2-4 months waiting period.

And well, I waited to the show to come out, and not read the book, so I want to freak out on what happens. Oh man that Prison, I cant wait. But I want Carl dead! eh too much negative feeling against that kid lol.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
I watched a few episodes, not too bad, but not what I was expecting. I was hoping for the zombies to be more gross, and graphic, like the ones that Cannibal Corpse sing about. I enjoy watching it when nothing else on tv is good, or are all just reruns.

Years
Daryl is easily my favorite character. I am rooting for him to survive this. As for the others, I don't really care about them. Carl is just your typical annoying kid, Lori just can't make up her mind, Rick's leadership will seemingly come into question every time he proposes a solution or whatever (although I can sympathize and reason with his decisions; the group just seems too confused to deal with decisions), T-Dog is just..there for the sake of being there, Glenn and Maggie are okay, and I kind of forgot about the others, lol.

*watch out for spoilers

Daryl is my favorite character too! (I'm so glad they created him, as he isn't in the comic) I love how hard he tried to find Sophia in season 2, it made him a really awesome character. I agree with you about Lori and Rick, but Carl is just plain stupid. You don't play around with zombies, they're dangerous for a reason (as Dale soon found out!)

Apparently T-dog will get a ton of character development in season 3, so I'm sure he'll be much more interesting. Glenn rocks, he's my second favorite, I really hope he starts taking charge in season 3. Maggie seems pretty cool, but we don't know a ton about her. Also, I kind of really want Carol to become a super BA zombie killer in season 3. That would be so hilarious/make my life complete.

Okay, just kidding. But seriously, she needs to do more than be helpless. :/

Years
  • Seen Oct 25, 2012
*watch out for spoilers

Daryl is my favorite character too! (I'm so glad they created him, as he isn't in the comic) I love how hard he tried to find Sophia in season 2, it made him a really awesome character. I agree with you about Lori and Rick, but Carl is just plain stupid. You don't play around with zombies, they're dangerous for a reason (as Dale soon found out!)

Apparently T-dog will get a ton of character development in season 3, so I'm sure he'll be much more interesting. Glenn rocks, he's my second favorite, I really hope he starts taking charge in season 3. Maggie seems pretty cool, but we don't know a ton about her. Also, I kind of really want Carol to become a super BA zombie killer in season 3. That would be so hilarious/make my life complete.

Okay, just kidding. But seriously, she needs to do more than be helpless. :/

I hope T-Dog does get a little development. As each episode progressed, he looked to be fading into a mere background character with no real impact other than killing a zombie or two. He doesn't contribute emotionally nor is he the type to think fast. Killing him would be the ideal solution in that case, lol. Glenn is interesting. He adapts well to what is thrown at him, and lately, he is beginning to actually throw his opinion when he feels something isn't quite right.

That would be hilarious, lol. But..
Spoiler:

My only critique of the show is predictability. It seemed to be getting greater at the end of the season. I like spontaneity. Hopefully, season 3 will be a good watch. I hate waiting a week for each episode! I guess I'll wait for the season to end..

Years
*Careful of spoilers. Don't read if you haven't seen the second episode of season 3.

Actually, Carol has been kind of awesome so far! Although I'm scared of whatever is lurking in the bushes... But I like how she's actually... doing something! It's refreshing.

I'm starting to feel bad for Lori. I mean her own family hates her, and as of right now, we don't know why. (Right? Or did I miss something) The way Rick shoots her down... it's just so sad!

And even though Carl's still an idiot, at the very least he's a helpful idiot. Oh, Carl...

OMG, when Lori was doing CPR on Hershel, did anyone else FREAK OUT when he lurched up? Gah! I was so scared, as having your mouth eaten seems like a horrible fate! I knew he would either wake up as a person or a zombie - I just didn't expect that.

As for the prisoners, why did the one I liked most have to die first?! And then That one guy tried to kill Rick. (jerk!) I'm still not completely positive why Rick left that one guy for dead, that's really harsh. It's really interesting to see the characters lose their humanity, which we saw a bit of in season 2. I wish Dale was still their - everyone would be a little less heartless. But nooooooooooo Carl had to be a Carl. D:

And I can't wait to see what happens to Michonne and Andrea in the next episode. I feel like they've been building up to that episode with all the commercials. And Michonne seems super cool, I can't wait to see more of her! (and her pet zombies, they're kind of cute) Also, I like who Andrea's become. At the end of season 2, she was really BA, running through the forest with the bag of guns throughout the whole night! I hope they a lot of flashbacks this season, so we can see what drove Carl and Rick away from Lori, and what Michonne and Andrea went through. (also, I wan to see Carol learning to shoot a gun, etc.)

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
Years
I like it, even though a lot of bad writing was pointed out to me and I feel kind of dumb for not noticing it, but still :P Lots of action. That's all I look for. I watched scattered episodes from Season 2 and the first episode. A lot of it was really dialogue-heavy, which annoyed the hell out of me so I hope Season 3 isn't going to take that route. I watched the two newest episodes and they were pretty good, even though they were a little predictable.

Years
Why is this thread so dead?! It should be undead, or walking or... *insert bad zombie pun here*

@Snowdrop
Yeah, season two was VERY dialogue heavy. It had a different vibe from season one, because it was all about the characters losing their humanity. And season three is about all the characters going crazy and everything going to ****. Oh, and the governor.

SPOILERS

OMG this last episode was INTENSE! First of all, Rick is insane! I'm scared for his baby girl. And that whole phone thing was super creepy! When they said who they were, I freaked out a little. And I was really hoping that they had a safe haven and the group would be safe. (Although I guess that would make for a pretty crappy show!) I'm glad Michonne got away, and that she's FINALLY joined up with Rick. Although, when Marl found Glenn and Maggie, I was screaming at her to go save them. but I guess I understand since she ha d a bullet in her leg :(. Also, Andrea's an idiot, but what else is new? And the governor is still so scary! And YAY they found Carol! She was missing for longer than I expected her to be missing for, so I was starting to think they'd find her as a walker. Although I did call that it was her behind the door.

And lol, GO BACK. Oh Michonne, you prankster!

Years
I'm wondering how they're going to top the first 3-4 episodes of this season so far. Like, wow. It's gonna be one hell of a season finale.

And yeah, Daryl is the best character in the entire show. He's basically redneck Jesus.

Zozma

I'm a blur
Years
TWD everything is currently my number one fandom right now. I've read the comic books, played the games (the PC game is, in my opinion, the best game of the year despite a few annoying glitches), and am watching the television show. I love all of it but I think I have the softest spot for the game, followed by the show, and lastly the comic. I don't think the comic makes me care enough about the characters in the same way the other two do... Plus, there's just something really unlikable about most of them, even characters I like in the show, like Rick and Glenn and Maggie. (But I really like Abraham and would like to see him in the show at some point!)

I hate to be like everybody else, but I gotta agree. Daryl is my favorite character, too.

Heheh.

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
I don't really watch the Walking Dead. Sometimes, I do, but I don't really watch the whole episode, just the parts I find interesting. Even though I don't understand absolutely anything, I like the blood and gore.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I've watched some of it and honestly I'm not a fan any more. I watched the whole of the first series and I've been watching some of the third series - the first series was absolutely amazing but honestly I think they should've just left it there. It was so full of drama and suspense and the characters were great, but really I think they've dragged it out far too much with a third series and the show has lost it's uniqueness from the other zombie survival shows/films/games. It's definitely still watchable, but I wouldn't make a point to catch every episode haha. I will admit though some of the stories really are pretty spooky and have great depth to them (also some of the effects are really cool paha) so it's still a good show, just not something I'm interested in I guess.

Years
I'm still a huge fan of TWD and I love the third series. I think the whole plot is so well thought out and so well structured. There is a lot of suspense and you never know what is gonna happen next. With the mid-season finale coming up, I really hope to see a good ending to the series. Every ending to each episode always makes you think about what's gonna happen next.

Years
I wish it was February already so I can resume my Sunday night rituals!

Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2012
I LOVE the walking dead..and zombies for that matter. Darryl and Rick are my favorite characters. I hate Lori and even though this is horrible to say I am glad they killed her off the show. I cannot wait for February for it to return, I need to know that Darryl is okay! I could care less about his brother though, not a fan of Meryl. Glad to see fellow WD fans!

Back