• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

IIIMQIII

Split personality
Years
If I could give a little hint of advice...

Why not implement a pseudo-time system, to make up for the lack of the Emerald time system. I did that with mine, and it's working okay for me ^^.

Another thingy...

If you compare Emerald's tile system to that of the GSC one, it's actually frighteningly limited, and there's not much one can do to beef it up more. Unless you wana mess around with the game's ASM... Go ahead then. If not...don't worry about the time system, and just use a pseudo-time system. If it's not too clear, you can ask me on MSN.

SephirothX

a.k.a. Shadomew
Years
Yeah, Lake of Rage will be the hardest to get right, since nobody knows if there's a Shiny script in R/S/E/FR/LG... As for the new tiles, please do. It'll make the game that much less generic. KUTAW!

Red

Pokémon Trainer
Years
What's with the wurmple in route 29?
wurmpleou2.png

That should be fixed.

Years
  • Seen Apr 21, 2012
Thank u zel for all the efford u put in this hack!! It was always a dream to play gold with the new pokemon and graphics and u made it reality:classic: ! You are my hero zel! Good luck!

flipboi

The Primetime of my Life
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 11, 2010
Also, it's exactly the same as the original gold box (except the version name/logo). :P And why bother making a box art anyway? - we don't want to motivate pirates, now do we? :(

Well Zel, I don't really mind if you do experiment or use different Pokemon versions for Shiny Gold, just as long as it delivers, then we're all happy! ;) Take your time, and do what you think is best for the hack! :D

this makes me wanna make my own box art for this hack

is it ok, fellow forums members, if i make one?

i luv makin creative things (as u can see my banners for this hack!, my avy, and my sig)

i jsut hope pirates dont take it :/

EDIT:

heres my fake boxart (PIRATER NO PIRATING!) (fun of dora teh explorer hahah, swiper no swiping)

shinygoldboxxt8.png

Last edited:

Sergio--

...call me Serg!o...
Years
Hi Carlitos!
despite the studies worries its good thing to see you here again, dont be hypochondriac, KUTAW!
Yes Zel is everybody's hero!!! And i too wish him good luck with his hack
Sure! you are my hero too (¡qremos 1 ijo tuyoo!!)
I am having trouble installing the shiny gold file onto my computer :'( and i really want to play it. i am using winzip and whenever i try to play it comes up with an error saying that it is an invalid file. could someone help me.

read the FAQ, probably you dont patch correctly: read this patch a IPS file. Or try to download shiny gold here, because its a checked version which run Ok.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Kewl

And zel, would it hurt if I could use your scripts,I will give credit of course.

Thanks

You could use them, but only up to Azalea (that's what I let everyone that asks me, because what I really want is that people dedicates to learn to script, so I let them have my scripts, only as a way to motivate them. Because I want the world to be filled with Scripters! :)). Of course, give your game your touch, you don't want your game to be a "clone" of Shiny Gold, right?

If I could give a little hint of advice...

Why not implement a pseudo-time system, to make up for the lack of the Emerald time system. I did that with mine, and it's working okay for me ^^.

Another thingy...

If you compare Emerald's tile system to that of the GSC one, it's actually frighteningly limited, and there's not much one can do to beef it up more. Unless you wana mess around with the game's ASM... Go ahead then. If not...don't worry about the time system, and just use a pseudo-time system. If it's not too clear, you can ask me on MSN.

I'm still not interested into doing a time system, or whatever. I've decided that finishing the main story is the main goal, after seeing so many Remakes dying in the process (I try not to be rude, if I could, I'd revive all of them!). So, after the game's finished, if I have time, I could try to improve the game by adding features, which in the end, if I can't there won't be problems, since the game would be finished!
And, perhaps you mispelled it, but since "tile" and "time" are different things, I can't say much about the other thing you were talking about.

As for the new tiles, please do. It'll make the game that much less generic. KUTAW!

Yes, you are correct. Even though I like FR's graphics, we should improve it a little.

that's kinda crazy, good thing I caught it.

Wow, is it "the" Red?. Man! Did you came back? Glad you like my game. Many things happened since I posted on your thread, right?

heres my fake boxart (PIRATER NO PIRATING!) (fun of dora teh explorer hahah, swiper no swiping)

Nice... But the sprites get a bit strange when you increase their sizes a lot, though.

Hi Carlitos!
despite the studies worries its good thing to see you here again, dont be hypochondriac, KUTAW!

Sure! you are my hero too (¡qremos 1 ijo tuyoo!!)

Y ahora, un poco de switch al español, jaja! Que vas a hacer con mi hijo? (despues de todo necesitaría buscar una pareja, jaja **va a buscar una pareja**)
Ah, tengo que acordarme de ver que tal está la nueva versión del Naranja...

Hmmm, should I translate that...? Bah, it wasn't anything important, but if you want to, just use a translator, jajaja!

OK, I had some fun right now, but I'm still trying to find a way to get that freaking Red Shiny Gyarados... There MUST be a way, since there are cheat codes to get Shiny Pokemon Wild Battles. And, codes usually affect a part of the game (an offset), right? But, where?
I'll keep on battling, if anyone has an idea about it, feel free to post it, or PM it to me. But, remember, in the end, if I cant pull it by tomorrow, I'll just put a tough normal Gyarados as a fill-up, till I advance a bit more in the game, and can dedicate a bit more of my time to research once more.
Also, keep in mind that I don't want to modify one of those ??? Pokemon to make a Red Gyarados (that just brings problems... I think...)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 6, 2024
Y ahora, un poco de switch al español, jaja! Que vas a hacer con mi hijo? (despues de todo necesitaría buscar una pareja, jaja **va a buscar una pareja**)
Ah, tengo que acordarme de ver que tal está la nueva versión del Naranja...

Hmmm, should I translate that...? Bah, it wasn't anything important, but if you want to, just use a translator, jajaja!

according to babelfish, you said:
Spoiler:

still I don't understand.

And by the way,for the red gyarados thing, you shouldn't take a lot of time figuring that out. Just save it for the last

martijn

HeartGold & Collosseum
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 28, 2016
I didn't get it either, or are you going to make a Pokemon Orange aswell? :P

SephirothX

a.k.a. Shadomew
Years
OK, I had some fun right now, but I'm still trying to find a way to get that freaking Red Shiny Gyarados... There MUST be a way, since there are cheat codes to get Shiny Pokemon Wild Battles. And, codes usually affect a part of the game (an offset), right? But, where?
I'll keep on battling, if anyone has an idea about it, feel free to post it, or PM it to me. But, remember, in the end, if I cant pull it by tomorrow, I'll just put a tough normal Gyarados as a fill-up, till I advance a bit more in the game, and can dedicate a bit more of my time to research once more.
Also, keep in mind that I don't want to modify one of those ??? Pokemon to make a Red Gyarados (that just brings problems... I think...)
Perhaps you could experiment with GameShark or ActionReplay codes. If you can figure out how they work, you may be able to reverse it and get a script out of the Shiny Pokémon code.

Bushstar

Master of Nothingness
Years
Zel, I am having trouble downloading Pokemon Shiny Gold. It says I need something attached to it in order to download it. What does it mean by that? Plus, how do I become a supporter of Pokemon?

jakerzone

Kid Chocoholic
Years
Zel, I am having trouble downloading Pokemon Shiny Gold. It says I need something attached to it in order to download it. What does it mean by that? Plus, how do I become a supporter of Pokemon?
That i can hellp you with, now that i have finally figured how to download it myself i think this would be helpful in a way. first you need to download a rom of pokemon fire red version you can get one from
Now download the shiny gold version, you will needed to have installed a program called lunar ips download it. once downloaded press the aply patch and find the shinygold patch with a heart, then it will ask for a program to apply it to press the fire red program. once applied, open visual boy and open the fire red rom (not shiny gold it is a patch not a game) and then play it to your hearts delight.

p.s. thanks zel for making this and to everyone a merry christmas!

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
That i can hellp you with, now that i have finally figured how to download it myself i think this would be helpful in a way. first you need to download a rom of pokemon fire red version you can get one from here: Shadyroms.com

Umm... I dont think your allowed to refer rom sites in these forums as it is against the rules. Your new, so, try reading the rules before actually posting so you make this mistake again.

Hey Zel, the new screeny rules, it looks so much better than the old ones now that you revamped them. Good luck with it.

jakerzone

Kid Chocoholic
Years
Umm... I dont think your allowed to refer rom sites in these forums as it is against the rules. Your new, so, try reading the rules before actually posting so you make this mistake again.

Hey Zel, the new screeny rules, it looks so much better than the old ones now that you revamped them. Good luck with it.
oops :nervous: didnt know that

Mario Famous

Confidential...=/
Years
You had no idea so don't worry about it....Anyway, like I said in about 5 posts, if this ips patch doesn't work with the rom, the rom must have an intro hack on it(eg. Mugs). You either need to download the rom with the "Independant" extension or go up to pocketheaven for Ips cleansing patches. I have more posts with a more in depth solution to your problem.

Anyway, this hack is looking nice,...I still don't get how you all insert tiles so properly like that. I just got fed up and completely overhauled my maps because of this...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back