Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.
Sort Threads: Spinoff Central | Pokkén

Old 2 Weeks Ago (3:08 PM).
Pokémon trainer

Nature: Adamant
    So I'm currently on my play through of Pokémon Sun with a rotation team, something I've never done before in the now 15/16 years of playing this series of games. With this team a lot of Pokémon that I used have surprised me in battle, some Pokémon I'd never thought I would like such Trevenant and Alolan Raichu.
    I've had an amazing time playing this generation of games and having close calls with the Elite four with Pokémon such as Crobat just holding on with barely any HP to deal the last bit of damage to win me the match.
    Here is a quick list of Pokémon I've used in this game that I thought would be awful but have formed a great bond with other the course of this game:

1: Alolan Raichu, I've never been one to jump on the Pikachu hype chain I find it cute but in game it performs at a meh level at best or just gets totally crushed, however Raichu a Pokémon I haven't used since Gen 1 has really turned out to be a great team player. Using him more than I thought I would.

2: Masquerain, I'll admit that they are pretty weak stat wise but this little had pulled around a lot of battles in my playthrough my best memory is getting totally steamrolled by Nihilego. Masquerain held on with dear life before finishing it with a water pulse.

3: Trevenant, I really didn't like the design back in Gen 6 but having I thought I would use one for type coverage having picked Litten as my starter. Trevenants forest curse and switch in to Incineroar turned out to be a great tactic for teams what I didn't have the type advantage and the design has started to grow on me.

4: Starmie is something I have never used at all since I started playing these games but having caught one they turned out to be great team member blasting through most NPCS with a great special attack and speed. Not bad for a 180lbs beyblade.

5: Last but not least is Crobat, I hate Zubat as much as the next person and I only really caught one as a substitute while battling Lurantis as it would little damage while I healed up however getting solar bladed to next week left me with only Zubat. Thinking this was it and that I'd have to restart all over again with hardly andy healing items left. Little Zubat not only gets a crit on Lurantis but holds his own when a Trumbeak uses rock blast. After that I kept Zubat with me showed this one the love he needed to evolve.

So what mons have shocked you while playing and what memories do you have with them?

Relevant Advertising!

Old 2 Weeks Ago (6:03 PM).
    until
    the
    end ★
    • Platinum Tier
    • PokéCommunity Daily

Nature: Quiet
    Hi there! This seems like a more general question applicable to all Pokemon games, so I'm going to move this over to our Pokemon Gaming Central forum for you. ^_^

Hard wind blows as the night is born
    And the dark feels so safe
    My body yearns for that need to start
    Cause it's too hard to wait
    We're going out tonight with something to prove
    Take to the streets and let our demons loose
    Put your hands up
    Old 1 Week Ago (12:43 PM).
    Strawberry Jams
    • Gold Tier

Nature: Adamant
    Sneasel, it surprises me how bad it is.

(I still love them though)
    Old 1 Week Ago (8:38 AM).
    The typo Queen
    • Silver Tier

Nature: Calm
    Not in my in-game plays, but I bred an Exploud - can't even remember why, never liked that Pokemon before - and I love it <3 I almost always include my Exploud in my battles online.
    Old 1 Week Ago (10:01 AM).
    ''How tiresome!''

Nature: Lonely
      Noctowl is surprisingly good.
      Old 1 Week Ago (10:44 PM).
      i never want to leave this sunset town
      • Platinum Tier
      • PokéCommunity Daily
      • Discord Moderoid
      • Developer

Nature: Quirky
      mate I agree Noctowl carried me through a Diamond playthrough a few years back. rest of my team sucked.
      even after that I never thought much of regional birds until I got a godlike Swellow in Alpha Sapphire.
      Old 1 Week Ago (1:33 PM).

Nature: Hardy
        I'm currently surprised at how good my Alolan Raticate is doing in Moon. Never gave original Raticate a chance.
        Old 1 Week Ago (2:12 PM).

Nature: Hasty
          Butterfree was significantly handy in my Moon playthrough, since it had access to Sleep Power, which helped out a lot when catching several Pokémon, and finally learning Air Slash had it's uses before I replaced it with Vikavolt.

I still use it to this day to hunt rare held items, like Razor Claw and Heart Scale. I would never get long term usage out of it in any other generation.
          Old 1 Week Ago (5:38 AM).
          Sacred Hearts Club
          • Platinum Tier

Nature: Quirky
          In my X playthrough early on, I had a Vivillon as a filler team member and he surprised because Struggle Bug seemed to always one-shot those early opponents. I had to eventually box him as my established team took form, but I still rotate him every now and then.
          Quick Reply

Sponsored Links