Second Generation Following the success of Red, Blue and Yellow, Pokémon Gold, Silver and Crystal introduced fans to an exciting new world full of new Pokémon to find, catch and train. Reminisce about your favourite moments in the Johto region, share your adventures and argue about the Johto master race.

Old 1 Week Ago (5:44 AM). Edited 1 Week Ago by Red-Charizard.

So do you think that since Clefairy isn't normal type anymore GF, if they make another remake (very unlikely but still), would replace it in the Goldenrod Gym with another Pokémon?

I think they would replace Clefairy with Jigglypuff since it is very similar.

Type change from normal to fairy would be out of question since Miltank is Whitney's signature Pokémon and it's still normal type only.

What do you think?

Relevant Advertising!

Old 1 Week Ago (2:59 AM).
    a sky full of lighters ☆
    • Crystal Tier

Nature: Quirky
    That's actually p interesting. While I doubt we'll get a remake for another 15 years...

I'm still hopeful! I think honestly they would keep Clefairy. We've seen at the Elite Four that they can replace other Pokemon that seem "similar" to the type - like Vileplume and Gengar on the dark E4 team. So I think really they would keep Clefairy, or make Whitney part fairy, part normal trainer. Honestly by that point we could have even more types and might need to make gym leaders have dual types? Even so I could see Whitney fitting the fairy theme so I think that fits in fine anyways. :)

we'll make our mark
    show the world what we can do

[ moderator of isshunova ]
    Old 1 Week Ago (2:16 PM).

Changed the title to avoid misunderstandings.

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Forever View Post
      That's actually p interesting. While I doubt we'll get a remake for another 15 years...

I'm still hopeful! I think honestly they would keep Clefairy. We've seen at the Elite Four that they can replace other Pokemon that seem "similar" to the type - like Vileplume and Gengar on the dark E4 team. So I think really they would keep Clefairy, or make Whitney part fairy, part normal trainer. Honestly by that point we could have even more types and might need to make gym leaders have dual types? Even so I could see Whitney fitting the fairy theme so I think that fits in fine anyways.
      True she could be both types and that could be interesting but I think GF will keep only one type for Gym Leaders, I don't see that changing.

Old 1 Week Ago (4:31 PM).

If Gamefreak is going to stay true to their roots, I think she'll stay normal and NOT include fairy at all. I mean if it's anything like the VC release of R/B/Y, it'll stay the same for the VC release of Gold and Silver. Am I right?

If we get a remake in many many years then maybe, but for this release, it'll stay a normal type gym.

By the way, I never played the Johto games as much as the others, so i'm looking forward to the VC release myself.
        Old 1 Week Ago (6:13 AM).
        a sky full of lighters ☆
        • Crystal Tier

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Red-Charizard View Post
        Changed the title to avoid misunderstandings.

True she could be both types and that could be interesting but I think GF will keep only one type for Gym Leaders, I don't see that changing.
        I'm thinking more she's primarily normal but has a preference for fairy-types too. That way Clefairy would "fit in" and dual type leaders wouldn't be too odd because they have a set type but just have another separate preference. Clare for example could become primarily dragon and have a preference for water-types as well (which...she kinda does already lol).

we'll make our mark
        show the world what we can do

[ moderator of isshunova ]
        Old 1 Week Ago (6:57 PM).

Nature: Relaxed
          They could replace Clefairy with Stantler maybe. It would make sense since Stantler can be encountered north of Goldenrod.

SoulSilver Team Thus Far
          Old 6 Days Ago (2:15 PM).

Quote:
            Originally Posted by RedBalloon View Post
            If Gamefreak is going to stay true to their roots, I think she'll stay normal and NOT include fairy at all. I mean if it's anything like the VC release of R/B/Y, it'll stay the same for the VC release of Gold and Silver. Am I right?

If we get a remake in many many years then maybe, but for this release, it'll stay a normal type gym.

By the way, I never played the Johto games as much as the others, so i'm looking forward to the VC release myself.
            Yes but I was talking about a possible future remake, the VC version will not have much changes, that is ifit will.

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Forever View Post
            I'm thinking more she's primarily normal but has a preference for fairy-types too. That way Clefairy would "fit in" and dual type leaders wouldn't be too odd because they have a set type but just have another separate preference. Clare for example could become primarily dragon and have a preference for water-types as well (which...she kinda does already lol).
            I never played Heart Gold or Soul Silver so I didn't know Clair has a Gyarados. But still there weren't much Dragon Types to choose from in that time and Gyarados (and Charizard) is very like a Dragon.

Normal types in the otherhand exists alot, and Clefairy can easily be replaced by Jigglypuff as I said or Chansey (the latter would be a bad idea since it would make the battle harder to win if not impossible due to HP).

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Tom2 View Post
            They could replace Clefairy with Stantler maybe. It would make sense since Stantler can be encountered north of Goldenrod.
            I think that Whitney prefers Pink Pokémon

Old 6 Days Ago (2:25 PM).
            Pikapika Pikarin Jankenpon!
            • Crystal Tier

Even if they keep Clefairy, it wouldn't be unprecedented as Sabrina used a Venomoth and Candice used a Medicham. In both these cases the preference went to moves, of the Psychic and Ice type respectively. In Clefairy's case it could just use the Normal-type TM that Whitney gives you for beating her.

Sponsored Links