• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Combined Pokemon Solo Challenge Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

stargate1995

Mr. Flying Pickle Monster
Years
Congrats to you, Stargate1995, though I can't help feel like your Pokémon choice is extremely similar to mine... not to mention that you came around after I had posted one of my journals... :paranoid: I'm a little paranoid about that, and I can't help but think you copied me, but no harm done.

sorry to make you feel that way, I was choosing between Metagross and salamence and choose metagross (I wouldn't have if I had remembered Beldum only learned take down ), anyway you did him better then I did. Yours was always a higher level...

Anyway I think I might do this again(not now! after awhile) with a Nidoking, becuase I like the way they look, never had one on my team and always wanted one.

Last edited:

Lil naps

Pirate
Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2011
Hey im gonna attempt to do a Ultimate Solo Challange with Dragonite. Ill start with SoulSilver also im using emu for all.

Myrrhman I was looking through the list of champions and you said i had beaten a hoenn game with Metagross but i did it with Ralts

Last edited:

rockshock28

Salamence Fan Club President.
Years
Okay, as an update, I just beat Roxanne. It was pretty hard, but Double Team saved my ass. Taillow evolved into Swellow, and is Level 22. I'm in Rustboro, and haven't done the Peeko part yet.

Swellow Lvl. 22
Peck
Wing Attack
Double Team
Quick Attack

wingman11

Solo Runner
Years
sorry to make you feel that way, I was choosing between Metagross and salamence and choose metagross (I wouldn't have if I had remembered Beldum only learned take down ), anyway you did him better then I did. Yours was always a higher level...

Anyway I think I might do this again(not now! after awhile) with a Nidoking, becuase I like the way they look, never had one on my team and always wanted one.

...whoa. That's freaky. I was just about to do another run with a Nidoking as well... are you a mind reader? Are you spying on me? :paranoid:

rockshock28

Salamence Fan Club President.
Years
Okay, as my second update, I beat Brawly, and got the letter to Steven. I'm now in Slateport, and I just got the Devon Goods to the guy. Swellow is Level 23.

Scytha

mass effect freak
Years
Started a Charizard ultimate run :P
Currently on Crystal, emulating all of regions.

Last edited:

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Actually I'm going for a ultimate solo run using Slowbro. This is fun! :D

Update #1 - Kanto
Where Charizard gets owned.

Current Team
dpiconani079.gif
dpiconani035.gif

Chapter 1 - The Adventure Starts
[jq]August 27, 2010

Dear Diary,

Tomorrow is the day I've been waiting for. I'm finally able to get my first Pokémon ever. I hope there are good choices, I'm aiming to be the best Pokémon trainer, ever!

Zeffy
[/jq]

I awoke early in the morning. The sun was shining, as if its yelling "HEY GET UP! TIME TO GET YOUR POKéMON!". I went downstairs, where my mother is waiting for me. She readied a few waffles, my favorite breakfast.

After chomping down, I readied the things I need for my adventure. I kissed my mom goodbye, knowing that it'll be a while since I'm going to see her again.

I tried to run outside, only to be stopped by Professor Oak. I almost forgot that I don't have a Pokémon yet. So he led me to his lab, where Gary is waiting. Gary has been a rival of mine and he's also the grandson of Prof. Oak, so I'm not surprised he's here. Prof. Oak showed me 3 choices of Pokémon: A Slowpoke, a Squirtle, and a Charmander. When I saw Slowpoke, I was inlove with him! I chose him and gave him the name "Sephiroth". He seemed to like it as he cuddled my feet. Gary has chosen Charmander, so I think I'm done here. I waved goodbye to Prof. Oak but when I was about to leave, Gary challenged me to a battle. I won, mainly because of my type advantage. So I went out of Prof. Oak's lab and stared the sky. I whispered "I can do this!".

And so, from now on I'll list my achievements and still post my diary.

- I've started crawling in Route One. Its the first time I've been here, ever.
- While I'm at it, I also power-leveled Sephiroth. I think he's now Lv. 7 and learned a new move: Growl.
- After all that horrible happenings in Route One, I finally arrived at Viridian City.
- I quickly ran to the Pokemon Center, to heal my Sephiroth who got worned out because of all that battles.
- I decided to head to the Pokemon Mart, to buy some Antidotes for my near journey in the Viridian Forest.
- Alas, once I got there the clerk didn't sell me anything. The clerk gave me useless crap. >_>
- I gave the useless crap to Prof. Oak and for some reason he likes it! :O
- Gary came and talked about stuff.
- Prof. Oak gave both of us a Pokedex and 5 Pokeballs.
- Gary blabbed about crap again and walked out.
- Power Leveled Sephiroth again. He reached Lv. 10 in no time!
- I tried to go to the Pokemon League gate, in hoping that I could persuade the guards there to give me their Pokémon. fufufu
- Alas, Gary came and challenged me.
- He now has a Lv. 9 Pidgey, but is useless to Sephiroth. He got owned again.
- So I healed my Pokemon and traversed the Viridian Forest.
- I barely managed, but I arrived at Pewter City!
- Sephiroth reached Lv. 15 during our travel in the forest, yay!
- Sephiroth completely raped Brock's gym.
- *insert cool music here* Zeffy got the BoulderBadge!
- So in tl;dr of the next happenings: I healed, headed to Cerulean, arrived at Mt. Moon, caught a Clefairy, got out of Mt. Moon, and finally reached Cerulean City!
- Decided to camp out and save.

Last edited:

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Congratulations to both our new Solo Masters!!!

You've never had... a Nidoking??? But, but... Nidoking!

Myrrhman I was looking through the list of champions and you said i had beaten a hoenn game with Metagross but i did it with Ralts
My mistake, it's fixed now.

wingman11

Solo Runner
Years
Congratulations to both our new Solo Masters!!!

You've never had... a Nidoking??? But, but... Nidoking!.

Thank you very much! :D And I've never had a Nidoking either. That's why I wanted to use it.

wow that is weird.... You can do Nidoking though I suppose I'll have to choose something different so as to not seem like a stalker..... Maybe a Kabutops?

Wow, Kabutops would have been my next choice too. I guess we both share the same taste in good Pokémon. ;) And you can do Nidoking as well, I don't mind now that I know you weren't trying to copy me.

Roughsponge

What's occurin?
Years
Final Update:

-Flew to Pallet town & surfed south.
-Battled all the swimmers
-Finally got to Cinnabar and went to the mansion
-Found the key and battled the people in there
-Went to the gym and answered all the questions aswell as battling the trainers for exp :)
-Faced Blaine and won really easily, beating all his pokemon with surf.
-Flew back to Viridian city
-Battled the gym trainers (Can I just say, I love how fast the spinning pressure pads are in this game)
-Beat Giovanni yet again, this time was easiest in some weird way, now only the elite four to go :)
-Walked up to Victory Road & beat Blue along the way
-okay, so I forgot to get Strength and had to fly back and get it
-Went all the way back to Victory road and entered
-Battled all the trainers and got a bit lost.. grr I hate caves -.- but i finally got out.
-Bought all the correct items & healed up
-Entered the Indigo Plateau
-Lorelei was really easy, she didn't even hit me once.
-Bruno was easy too, with only his machamp hitting me.. poor show.
-Agatha was fairly easy with Earthquake
-Lance was a lot easier than expected.
-Blue was pimps too. :D
-Prof Oak took me into the hall of fame and registered me as the champ, well me and Gaia.

Gaia/Nidoqueen:
Spr_1y_031.png

L78
Moves:
-Ice beam
-Earthquake
-Surf
-Thunderbolt

Finishing stats:
Attack - 188
Defense - 192
Speed - 162
Special - 175

Challenge Completed!

Oh yeah, I forgot to say myrrhman that I had completed that Ampharos solo run too, you've still got me in challengers :P But no biggy.

But yeah, that's me completed this one too, it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be.. ach well, it was good fun :)

stargate1995

Years
You've never had... a Nidoking??? But, but... Nidoking!

I think I've Had a Nidoking before just kinda forgot about it though over the years, then while doing this run I versed a couple(Kanto, Johto) and remembered how awesome they look.

Wow, Kabutops would have been my next choice too. I guess we both share the same taste in good Pokémon. ;) And you can do Nidoking as well, I don't mind now that I know you weren't trying to copy me.
I dunno the idea of doing a Kabuto run is rubbing off on me I might decide in awhile, or I could do both :o...

Hmmm I wonder if you like dunsparce....

wingman11

Solo Runner
Years
Yeah, I'm doing it again. Another Ultimate Solo Challenge, this time with Nidoran♂ through Nidoking. Why? Because I can, and because I'm bored as... well, hell. This time, though, I'm gonna ditch the day-by-day logs. They took too much time. But I am going to do something completely different. I'm gonna tell the major points from the view of the Pokémon itself. So this whole story will be from the perspective of the Nidoran♂! And since this update is unusually long because it's setting everything up, I'll put it in spoilers.

Also, to stargate1995, I don't really like Dunsparce. And I probably won't ever like them until they get an evolution. (Which I think is duly deserved.)

Day 1

Spoiler:

Spr_1y_033.png

Titan/Nidorino
Lvl. 23
Stats:
`Attack - 47
`Defense - 39
`Speed - 42
`Special - 41
Moves:
`Horn Attack
`Poison Sting
`Tackle
`Leer

Last edited:

wingman11

Solo Runner
Years
Day 2

Day two with this new life and it's starting to rub off on me. I'm actually enjoying being stronger than other Pokémon. Plus, it's way too much fun to watch that Jack kid keep trying to beat us.

I woke up this morning and forgot that I was a trainer's Pokémon for a moment, so you can imagine waking up to see a human packing up his stuff was a shock. After that, however, I quickly remembered yesterday. I was still a bit sore from that battle with Brock's Onix. It may have not gotten many hits in, but the ones that it got HURT.

Wingman told me that today he planned to reach Cerulean City, and he showed me on a map where we were compared to where the city was. We'd have to go through a cave in Mt. Moon.

The cave was cool, and I hadn't ever seen one of those either. Something about this certain cave, however, took away that whole uncertainty I got when I was in Pewter and had no idea what was going on. I had no idea what, but I just went with it.

Wingman found a peculiar rock along the way. I couldn't take my eyes off of it, and it seemed to emanate power to me. But when I tried to touch it, Wingman pulled it away and told me that it was for later on. Then he put it in his backpack. I couldn't get the darn thing out of my mind, however.

Further on in the cave we ran into some people who told Wingman to hand me over. He refused, and they unleashed their Pokémon on him. I protected him, and the strange people, who called themselves 'Team Rocket' ran off. I knew they were bad people right away.

We exited the cave finally and hopped down a few ledges and were in Cerulean City. I was still unused to the city atmosphere, and the tall structures intimidated me once again. Wingman reassured me, but I was still wary.

Just as Pewter City had a Gym, so did Cerulean. We entered it and found Misty, the Gym Leader. Her Gym had a huge pit full of water in it, with small platforms floating on it. I had never seen this much water before. I had never been in water before. I was scared out of my mind.

I crept onto the closest platform as Misty sent out her first Pokémon, Staryu. It was a close combat sort of Pokémon, so it came right to me, and I didn't have to leave my platform at all. I beat it fairly easily with Horn Attack.

Then came her Starmie. It didn't like to get close at all unless it attacked. It stayed underwater most of the time, coming up only to attack. I was able to react and get in a hit, but I couldn't dodge its hits. After a bit of back and forth, and a lot of paranoid waiting on my part, it fell and I was the winner.

Wingman was awarded the Cascade Badge, and I was awarded a really good lunch at a nice restaurant that served trainers and their Pokémon. I had never tasted better food until that moment. I just want to know where they found that food in the wild so I can go grab it whenever I want.

On the way out of the restaurant, we ran into Jack. He was still sore about earlier and he challenged us to another battle. We accepted, and the fight was held right there.

He had two new Pokémon, and one of his old ones had evolved as well. His Pidgeotto didn't last long at all; it charged at me for a Tackle and practically ran into my Horn Attack. Next up was an Abra, who didn't do anything other than teleport around. It was a pain to chase down, but a Horn Attack finally smacked it in the head and knocked it out. A Rattata followed it; I had dealt with these before, so this one wasn't too hard to beat at all. Last was his Bulbasaur, and it was just as easy as Pidgeotto to beat.

Jack tried to play off the loss, but I could see that he was fuming. He mentioned some guy up north who had some rare Pokémon and stormed off.

TL;DR of what happened next:
-Went north
-Destroyed Nugget Bridge and the Rocket at the end of it
-Found the guy's house
-Found the guy in a Clefairy's body
-Helped him get back to normal
-Got an SS Ticket for a cruise ship in Vermillion
-Traveled south through a tunnel under a city
-Arrived in Vermillion (and I thought Cerulean and Pewter were big)
-Saw the ocean; was immediately petrified by it
-Was dragged onto a wooden structure over the water and into the cruise ship
-Battled a bunch of people on board
-Ran into Jack again
-Beat the pulp out of his Pokémon again
-I started realizing how much stronger I've gotten since Wingman caught me
-Found the captain of the ship
-Wingman actually rubbed the poor seasick guy's back
-Got HM 01, Cut, for it
-Used Cut to get to the Gym
-Challenged the Leader, Lt. Surge

He used Electric types, and they were easy to beat. I just have to say, I've become very proficient at jabbing my horn into opponents, and even more proficient at hitting their weak spots. Plus, I'm pretty quick on my feet, so when there isn't water involved, I can attack in the blink of an eye. That, I also credit to Wingman's training.

After our easy victory, Wingman got the Thunder Badge and a TM 24. After we left the Gym, Wingman had something to give me. Suddenly, the TM he got in the Gym was pressed up against my forehead and I felt a presence in my brain. It was like a sudden shock hit me and suddenly I knew how to do something I didn't before. The TM lost its color after it was over, and I fell on my butt, dazed.

Wingman helped me back up and I shook myself out. He explained to me that the TM had taught me how to use Thunderbolt. Then he had me try it out on a rock nearby. I searched my mind, trying to figure out what the TM actually taught me, and when I found the new information, I used it.

Suddenly, a bolt of lightening shot from my horn and slammed into the ground near the rock. I had used Thunderbolt. F***ing A.

That night, we camped out again in the grassy plain east of Vermillion. I didn't want to sleep just yet; I was too excited about learning Thunderbolt. But eventually, I started to get drowsy. The fire had been built, and the mats were set out. It was only after I started to slip into sleep that I remembered that strange stone. I vowed to wake up early tomorrow and check it out before Wingman woke up.

Spr_1y_033.png

Titan/Nidorino
Lvl. 37
Stats:
`Attack - 76
`Defense - 64
`Speed - 69
`Special - 66
Moves:
`Horn Attack
`Tackle
`Poison Sting
`Thunderbolt

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
Years
I'm gonna do a solo run with riolu on all generations i think :D What you think?

Riolu didn't exist until DPP. So good luck with that.
@Wingman11- Nice idea about doing it from the pokemon's view. When I start one of these I'll do that, if you don't mind.

Last edited:

wingman11

Solo Runner
Years
@Weavile05 Thanks! I thought I'd be a fresh way to look at things. And you most certainly may use that idea, I haven't copyrighted it. ;)

Also, if these need to stay in spoilers, someone tell me and I'll put them in spoilers from then on.

Day 3

I got up much earlier than I did yesterday, and it was before Wingman was awake. I flipped his bag open and rooted through it. As I was moving things aside, the stone from yesterday came tumbling out. I backed up and looked at it. It was a black rock, very reflective of the light, and very jagged on the edges.

The rock captured all my attention and I couldn't pull myself away from it, even as Wingman began to wake up. He started to say something to me, and then noticed that I was getting closer and closer to the stone. He tried to yank it away from me, but my horn touched it before he could.

Suddenly, a familiar feeling of overflowing power ran through me. It felt just like the feeling I had when I evolved in Viridian Forest. Then I realized that I was evolving again. My body went through drastic changes. My whole body doubled in size, and my horn grew twice as long. I felt myself pull upward into a two-legged stance. A huge tail sprouted from my rear, and my limbs became thicker and more armored, as well as more powerful.

I was shocked. I didn't even know I had an evolution past Nidorino. Nobody back where I used to live was anything else higher than that. I studied my new body with great interest. I flexed my arms and my new fingers, took a few tentative steps around, swung my tail about a bit, and threw a few practice punches. Then I noticed Wingman looking at me with an upset expression.

Instantly my heart sank. I knew I had done something wrong, and Wingman scolded me slightly for it. He told me that the stone, which was now gone, was a Moon Stone, and he planned to use it later to evolve me into what he called a Nidoking.

Then he sighed and said it didn't really matter, because he was going to do it today anyway. I still felt bad about the whole thing.

Wingman and I packed up the equipment (I could actually help him now, and that lifted his mood a bit) and we left for Lavender Town. With the roads to Saffron closed down, he told me, we'd have to detour through Lavender to get to Celadon. Unfortunately, there was a huge Snorlax in the way, and it wouldn't budge.

I cast my vote towards just attacking it now and moving on, but Wingman didn't want to disturb it until he really needed to. And since there was one more way to get to Lavender...

Of course, before we left, Wingman got a video call from some old guy and was told about some other guy waiting for him by Pewter City. Then he introduced me to the guy, who was called Professor Oak. He seemed impressed that Wingman had caught such a large Nidoking, and Wingman told him that he had caught me as a Nidoran♂ and that I was unusually large back then, too.

TL;DR Time!
-We had to go through Diglett's Cave to get there
-Exited on Route 2
-Found the guy Oak was talking about
-Got HM 05, Flash
-Returned to Vermillion
-Ran back to Cerulean and headed east
-Beat all the poor trainers there
-Got to the entrance of Rock Tunnel
-Was healed by the conveniently place PokéCenter there
-Entered Rock Tunnel
-HOLY MOTHER OF MEW it is dark in there
-Thankfully, that Pikachu that starts our fires for us could learn Flash, and that lit a good area around us up
-Wandered around aimlessly, not sure of where to go
-Finally made it to the exit
-Reached Lavender Town
-Promptly left Lavender, as it was only a stop over
-Headed west towards Celadon City
-Went under Saffron again in a tunnel
-Arrived in Celadon

I swear, these cities are getting bigger and bigger. And Celadon was the biggest yet. The buildings towered way above me, even now that I was about the same height as Wingman. I wonder if he felt as intimidated as I did...

Anyways, he and I both noticed the presence of those Team Rocket people from Mt. Moon. Wingman was upset by this, and he told me that we'd try to figure out why they were here after we beat the Gym.

At the Gym, we met some old man who was peering into the window and drooling. I looked at what he was looking at and saw all the girls in the Gym. What a pervert. As we passed him, I couldn't help but whack him in the back of the head with my tail. He fell to the ground, but he was still breathing so I didn't really care.

In the Gym, Erika was teaching a flower arrangement class to a couple of young ladies. She saw us walk in and agreed to put her class on hold for a battle.

The battle field was little more than a field of grass and a few bushes. Her Pokémon were all of the Grass type, so the field did make sense, but I was kind of hoping for a fake forest. Anyway, back to the battle.

Both Victreebel and Vileplume were part Poison type, so Poison Sting didn't do as much to them. I was forced to ram them with a regular Horn Attack. Her Victreebel forced me to fall asleep with a Sleep Powder, however, so half of that battle I have no idea what happened. I just know after I woke up, I was a little bit in pain. Tangela was her only other Pokémon, and a few Poison Stings put it in its place.

For our victory, Wingman received the Rainbow Badge, a TM, and the admiration of a lot of pretty girls. I got pretty much nothing, but I was OK with a good battle and some more skill. Although I did get some attention from the girls as they pointed out how cool I was. I couldn't help but feel pretty proud about that.

Moar TL;DR!
-Found a Rocket grunt going into a building, looking a bit sneaky
-Listened in as best as we could
-Heard that Team Rocket was associated with the Game Corner
-Entered the Game Corner and saw a Rocket there guarding a poster (screwball)
-Beat him and pushed him aside
-Searched the poster and found a button
-Pushed it and revealed a secret set of stairs
-Climbed down it and found a secret hideout
-Found some spinning tiles that forced us to move in certain directions
-Got really dizzy riding around on those
-Found a key to the elevator
-Took the elevator down to the boss
-He said we'd pay for meddling
-I easily beat the crap out of all his Pokémon
-He vanished and left behind some strange lens thing
-Wingman grabbed it and we left

Wingman decided that, since it was so late, we would stay the night at the hotel in the city. It was a strange change from the norm of sleeping on mats under an open sky. We couldn't even make a fire. Wingman and I each had a bed, but neither of us could get to sleep on them. Compared to the mats, the beds were just too much.

So we ended up rolling out the mats and putting a lamp without the shade on the ground by us. It seemed as close to a camp as we could get. He seemed to have forgotten the whole incident this morning and was his normal self again.

That made me realize something. I remember how some trainers interacted with their Pokémon, and they always treated them like equals in most areas, but the trainer always had ultimate power over the Pokémon. But that's not how Wing was. He always treated me like a total equal, and at times like an old friend...

I fell asleep wondering about why he did that.

Spr_1b_034.png

Titan/Nidoking
Lvl. 50
Stats:
`Attack - 127
`Defense - 111
`Speed - 116
`Special - 113
Moves:
`Horn Attack
`Tackle
`Poison Sting
`Thunderbolt

theking6

Water Types!! :D
Years
I'll do this with Gastly in the mean time until I get a working DS emulator.

I'll do this with Gastly in the mean time until I get a DS emulator.
I entered Brock's gym with:
Gastly (Casper) Lv.14
Lick
Hypnosis
Spite
Curse
I beat Liam's Geodude with Curse and Lick, and his Sandshrew the same way. Then I had to go back and heal Casper.
Now on to Brock. I beat his Geodude with 4 Hypnosis and a lot of licking, haha.:P Then I lost to his Onix...
Brock, second try. Beat his Geodude the same way, and his Onix with two Night Shades (Casper became Lv.16 during the battle) and lick.
I left Brock's gym with:
Gastly (Casper) Lv.16 :t092:
Lick
Hypnosis
Night Shade
Curse

I entered Misty's gym with:
Haunter (Casper) Lv.25
Thief
Hypnosis
Night Shade
Shadow Punch
I beat the first two people easy then went on to Misty. I beat her Staryu with Thief and her Starmie with 2 Shadow Punches.
I left Misty's gym with:
Haunter (Casper) Lv.26 :t093:
Thief
Hypnosis
Night Shade
Shadow Punch

Last edited:

stargate1995

Years
Man wingman you got right into this one, and what does that mean, I wont to do it again XD right now and not later like planned.. So I guess I'll sign up for another run(Ultimate solo of course) with *Drum roll* Kabutops! This time I wont be so fast though as I'm doing another challenge atm.

Gonna be going for aurora beam as an egg move to make those pesky grass types easier early one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back