• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Kanto Black 2.08 (Sevii Islands Expansion)

Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2017
Just beat the 3rd Gym. Seems like a really fun game so far.

If I may make some more suggestions:
- It would be cool if the Challenge Mode was like in B/W2, where they would have an extra Pokemon on the party and their levels would gradually raise a little. And then in Omega Mode you could keep up with the full party + Evs and etc.
- Have you thought of expanding the number of TM's? Maybe like that you wouldn't be too reliant on move tutors.

Then again, just suggestions. The game is already pretty good. Please, keep it up! :)

jan2prado

Eat, Sleep, Repeat!
Years
Acutally, Sylveon has been in the game since 2.0 along with all of the other 6th generation Pokemon. The reason I added the other Eevee evolutions now is because they share the same root as Sylveon; otherwise, there would be no good reason to add them. If Eevee is going to be in this hack, all of its evolutions might as well be in.

The Snivy line does not have Contrary yet. Chandelure has Infiltrator because I think it is more practical for the player in this hack (vanilla AI almost never switches).

I'm pretty sure Lilligant and other grass types are able to learn Earth Power (Earthquake if they are a physical attackers). Delphox can learn Shock Wave via move relearner. Delphox can also learn Charge Beam (it is now a special Power-Up Punch) in case it helps.

I just noticed that XD Just got the Earth Power TM, I don't really like Charge Beam, too low BP for me, just 60 BP after Technician boost is pretty low...
about Shadow Tag, I wanted to use Chandelure in PVP with my friends hahaha

Also, how do I get Conkeldurr to learn Drain Punch and Mach Punch?

aaand also I found A bug, mt. moon has those weird bumps for walls, looks like the psychic rock at rainbow isle
and the BP trader gives me Life Seed instead of Life Orb -_-

Edit1: Where's the Knock Off move tutor? Is there even a Knock Off tutor? How would I get my Bisharp to have Knock Off? He's already level 82 still no Knock Off

Last edited:

curiters

Oblivious - prevents me from being afflicted by in
Years
  • Seen Jan 17, 2017
MM sensei the backsprite of volcanion is not in the correct position (it's in mid air)

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 21, 2023
I updated the patch yesterday to one where Mt. Moon is not filled with yellow rocks. It also corrected an error in a BP merchant multichoice display. That's about it.

EDIT: Updated, once again, because I forgot to fix the border tiles in Mt. Moon -___-

Just beat the 3rd Gym. Seems like a really fun game so far.

If I may make some more suggestions:
- It would be cool if the Challenge Mode was like in B/W2, where they would have an extra Pokemon on the party and their levels would gradually raise a little. And then in Omega Mode you could keep up with the full party + Evs and etc.
- Have you thought of expanding the number of TM's? Maybe like that you wouldn't be too reliant on move tutors.

Then again, just suggestions. The game is already pretty good. Please, keep it up! :)

Yeah, it's a must. I've actually been intending to do that for a while so that it is more towards the center between normal mode and omega mode. I'll probably do this for the next update. :)

It is within my abilities now. Unfortunately, it would entail an enormous amount of time due to the mechanical stuff and balance (meaning I would have to switch around all of the TMs in the region and add more.) Maybe in 3.0? I'll be working on a TM list for my Emerald project (100+), so once that is done, I could port it to this hack and work on the balance. Though, in essence, it would entail a complete overhaul of the systems in the hack used to give and teach moves.

I just noticed that XD Just got the Earth Power TM, I don't really like Charge Beam, too low BP for me, just 60 BP after Technician boost is pretty low...
about Shadow Tag, I wanted to use Chandelure in PVP with my friends hahaha

Also, how do I get Conkeldurr to learn Drain Punch and Mach Punch?

aaand also I found A bug, mt. moon has those weird bumps for walls, looks like the psychic rock at rainbow isle
and the BP trader gives me Life Seed instead of Life Orb -_-

Edit1: Where's the Knock Off move tutor? Is there even a Knock Off tutor? How would I get my Bisharp to have Knock Off? He's already level 82 still no Knock Off

Heh, figures.

The tutor that teaches Drain Punch is in Four Island. Conkeldurr learns Mach Punch at Lv. 62.

I'm very glad you caught these errors! I had to make a quick update yesterday because of the embarrassing Mt. Moon error lol. The display is fixed too, although to get the Life Orb, you'll need to buy it from Rush Tower in Seven Island.

Odd, I thought I gave it to Bisharp as a move it could learn from the move relearner. This shall change in the next update. Also, the way I did it, Pokemon will stop learning moves past Lv. 70 in this hack with exception to legendaries and very few Pokemon (Volcarona being one of them, iirc)

MM sensei the backsprite of volcanion is not in the correct position (it's in mid air)

Heheh, thanks! I'll examine this in the weekend. :)

Last edited:

jan2prado

Eat, Sleep, Repeat!
Years

Wouldnt it be better to make Knock Off a tutor move? Since almost all Pokemons learn Knock Off through Move Tutor/Breeding.

Also the lady at route 23 wont give me the reveal glass when I had Landorus in my team, havent tried the others forces yet.
Aaand, I've only found and caught Thundurus, and he's at the PC but I still encountered Landorus in the Hoopa ring at Cerulean Cave.

Edit: She did give me the reveal glass when I had Thundurus in my team tho. Also Landorus can't learn Stealth Rock -,- Btw almost every Pokemon can learn stealth rock, even chansey and clefable can learn it, so might as well change the description XD nvm, in gen 5 and above only rock/ground/steel types learned it from move tutors -,-

Edit2: Going through Bond Sphere and at 50 Consecutive wins you we're supposedly gonna battle the Leader but this happened:
98rulcv.jpg

I wanted too see the leader too :/

Edit3: Idk how but there was a Level 0 Snivy in Bond Sphere, I forgot to Screenshot it, also same Pokemons appearing in the same team, there were 2 Liligants, and 2 Thundurs(different forms, but same dex number right? So i dont think thats allowed.

Edit4: Tornadus Therian form has a bugged sprite and icon:
j7CjVAi.jpg

To4hCmt.jpg

Also, I already caught all the Legendaries! Yey! Haha
1Cd2yY3.jpg

Also, is secret sword in the game? How do I get Keldeo to learn it? Also is the DNA splicers in the game? How about Meloettas other form?

Edit5: Is there a Scald move tutor? Or TM? I need for my Keldeo

Edit6: Already found Scald, does Amoongus get Clear Smog here? Do the AI even use boosting moves?

Edit7: Where can I get an Eevee?

Edit8: There's an Unbound Hoopa at the Bond Sphere and it knows no moves, just kept on Struggling.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 9, 2018
I did a fresh start on the new patch and after the first battle with the rival I went to Viridian. When I got there I couldn't enter any of the buildings and if I try to go past Viridian the game crashes. I tried an older patch and it didn't have the same problem.

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 21, 2023
Whew! Fixed a lot of errors! Here is 2.07 beta:
Version 2.07 Beta
SAVE IN A POKEMON CENTER BEFORE UPDATING TO THIS FROM A 2.0-2.05 VERSION. If you are updating from 2.06, you should be fine.
http://www.pokecommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=80255&stc=1&d=1475262515
http://www.mediafire.com/file/fhilfd6gu9dz9ab/Pokemon_Kanto_Black_2.07.ips
Changes from 2.06 (2) to 2.07:
Spoiler:

can emolga or pikachu learnt electro ball?

Electro Ball is not in the hack yet, so sadly, no.

I did a fresh start on the new patch and after the first battle with the rival I went to Viridian. When I got there I couldn't enter any of the buildings and if I try to go past Viridian the game crashes. I tried an older patch and it didn't have the same problem.

I haven't touched Viridian City in a long time, which makes me clueless as to how this could happen. I tried to replicate myself, and nothing. Hopefully this doesn't happen in 2.07 (if you do update).

Wouldnt it be better to make Knock Off a tutor move? Since almost all Pokemons learn Knock Off through Move Tutor/Breeding.

Yes, but it entails the kind of work I would prefer to save for until I overhaul the TMs and in turn move tutors to eliminate redundancies.

Also the lady at route 23 wont give me the reveal glass when I had Landorus in my team, havent tried the others forces yet.

Fixed!

Aaand, I've only found and caught Thundurus, and he's at the PC but I still encountered Landorus in the Hoopa ring at Cerulean Cave.

It's not too annoying of an error, so I'll save it for the next update.

Edit: She did give me the reveal glass when I had Thundurus in my team tho. Also Landorus can't learn Stealth Rock -,- Btw almost every Pokemon can learn stealth rock, even chansey and clefable can learn it, so might as well change the description XD nvm, in gen 5 and above only rock/ground/steel types learned it from move tutors -,-

Finally fixed the move tutor! The problem was she did not want to teach any Pokemon based on type. Glad I finally eliminated this one.

Edit2: Going through Bond Sphere and at 50 Consecutive wins you we're supposedly gonna battle the Leader but this happened:
98rulcv.jpg

I wanted too see the leader too :/

My apologies. Fixed this one too, glad this one is out of the way.

Edit3: Idk how but there was a Level 0 Snivy in Bond Sphere, I forgot to Screenshot it, also same Pokemons appearing in the same team, there were 2 Liligants, and 2 Thundurs(different forms, but same dex number right? So i dont think thats allowed.

Edit4: Tornadus Therian form has a bugged sprite and icon:
j7CjVAi.jpg

To4hCmt.jpg

Fixed!

Also, I already caught all the Legendaries! Yey! Haha
1Cd2yY3.jpg

Awesome, congrats!

Also, is secret sword in the game? How do I get Keldeo to learn it? Also is the DNA splicers in the game? How about Meloettas other form?

Sadly, none of them are in right now. Further along the way, they will be.

Edit5: Is there a Scald move tutor? Or TM? I need for my Keldeo

Edit6: Already found Scald, does Amoongus get Clear Smog here? Do the AI even use boosting moves?

Clear Smog is in the game, but it is pretty buggy, so for now, no Pokemon is able to use it. Nothing is stopping the AI from using boosting moves. They used boosting moves plenty in my experiences.

Edit7: Where can I get an Eevee?

Surf north from Five Island and go to the western most islet. A gentleman should give you an egg with Eevee.
Also, the Four Island egg shop sells them (although I forget the prerequisite, it was either defeat the Elite Four or talk to the aforementioned gentleman.)

Edit8: There's an Unbound Hoopa at the Bond Sphere and it knows no moves, just kept on Struggling.

Fixed!

What a report! Thanks so much for these! Responses in bold so that I don't lose track!

Last edited:

jan2prado

Eat, Sleep, Repeat!
Years

Snivy line still doesn't get contrary? (even earth power/quake - and u kinda made Serperior a dragon dancer sweeper whereas he's supposed to be a contrary booster, oh well.)
also Volcanion doesnt learn steam eruption, instead he learns water spout and lava plume.
the thing is i liked steam eruption, if it hasnt been created yet, im pretty sure its just scald with a higher base power. lol

anyways thank you for your replies :D

Years
  • Seen Dec 20, 2016
Hello,

This game looks great! I'm going to start playing it tonight. Just one note - when I leave my house at the very beginning of the game, before I even go to leave Pallet, Oak is waiting right there outside my house. When I go to talk to him, the game won't let me move at all. I just restarted, so it wasn't a big deal, but it was a bit annoying.

ETA: Okay, I got to Viridian City, and went to heal my Pokemon. Once I got the "Okay, I'll take your Pokemon for a few seconds" bit from Nurse Joy, her icon... like... jumped around the screen, then disappeared, and now I'm stuck on this screen and I can't get out of it again.

Double ETA: NEVERMIND, I found my issue. I wasn't using the right ROM base, the one that says "Squirrels." Fixed it and all is okay now :)

I am loving the game! Gen 5 is my favorite so it's a fantastic idea, and I can't wait until I get to the Sevii Islands because most hacks remove them entirely and I dislike that. If I can offer one suggestion, I've played other Fire Red hacks where, if you just talk to the trainer again, they'll automatically fight you again before you even get the Vs. Seeker. Maybe you could add that? I'm playing at the hardest challenge mode but the boosted levels/teams seems to only affect major trainers, which is fine, but then I am woefully underleveled for them without grinding for... a while. Misty is kicking my butt. Being able to rematch trainers would be remarkably helpful!

Last edited:

jan2prado

Eat, Sleep, Repeat!
Years
Mandibuzz line doesn't learn Defog, Taunt, and Foul Play, it's sad.

Also, the only Pokemons i got from the egg at Four Island are just Snivy and Fennekin hatched over ten eggs, same mons -,- I thought it was random and I could get a Chespin/Froakie and the other starters, turns out not. :/

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 27, 2023
Fantastic hack~!! I just want floette eternal form will not appear as relicanth's small sprite. It makes me sad T.T

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 21, 2023
Fantastic hack~!! I just want floette eternal form will not appear as relicanth's small sprite. It makes me sad T.T

Agh, that's pretty terrible of me. I've corrected this now, so next time I update this, Floette will have a proper sprite. :)

Mandibuzz line doesn't learn Defog, Taunt, and Foul Play, it's sad.

Also, the only Pokemons i got from the egg at Four Island are just Snivy and Fennekin hatched over ten eggs, same mons -,- I thought it was random and I could get a Chespin/Froakie and the other starters, turns out not. :/

Next update:
jZ97naw.png

(Works as intended)

Mandibuzz can learn Taunt. Defog is pretty low on my priority list. Never said the hack is complete. :)

From a quick scan of the script, only the Sevii Egg seems to have an issue (only returns the first two numbers, meaning Chespin and Fennekin). I'll inspect it further another day when time is pressuring me less.

Hello,

This game looks great! I'm going to start playing it tonight. Just one note - when I leave my house at the very beginning of the game, before I even go to leave Pallet, Oak is waiting right there outside my house. When I go to talk to him, the game won't let me move at all. I just restarted, so it wasn't a big deal, but it was a bit annoying.

ETA: Okay, I got to Viridian City, and went to heal my Pokemon. Once I got the "Okay, I'll take your Pokemon for a few seconds" bit from Nurse Joy, her icon... like... jumped around the screen, then disappeared, and now I'm stuck on this screen and I can't get out of it again.

Double ETA: NEVERMIND, I found my issue. I wasn't using the right ROM base, the one that says "Squirrels." Fixed it and all is okay now :)

I am loving the game! Gen 5 is my favorite so it's a fantastic idea, and I can't wait until I get to the Sevii Islands because most hacks remove them entirely and I dislike that. If I can offer one suggestion, I've played other Fire Red hacks where, if you just talk to the trainer again, they'll automatically fight you again before you even get the Vs. Seeker. Maybe you could add that? I'm playing at the hardest challenge mode but the boosted levels/teams seems to only affect major trainers, which is fine, but then I am woefully underleveled for them without grinding for... a while. Misty is kicking my butt. Being able to rematch trainers would be remarkably helpful!

Whew, I was mortified reading the first part. Glad it had to do with using a different base. (I should probably stress this a little more in the first post.)
Part of the motivation of this hack comes from generation 5 being the generation that reignited my interest in Pokemon. :)

I changed how the VS Seeker works, making it instant to make level grinding faster. For this hack, I would prefer it to be this way even though it is kind of messy right now.

Snivy line still doesn't get contrary? (even earth power/quake - and u kinda made Serperior a dragon dancer sweeper whereas he's supposed to be a contrary booster, oh well.)
also Volcanion doesnt learn steam eruption, instead he learns water spout and lava plume.
the thing is i liked steam eruption, if it hasnt been created yet, im pretty sure its just scald with a higher base power. lol

anyways thank you for your replies :D

Contrary, not yet. Dragon Dance sweeper is temporary for until I get Contrary into the hack.
Steam Eruption will be added later.

Years
  • Seen Dec 20, 2016
Can I not beat Icefall Cave until postgame? I'm doing the second Sevii Islands quest after beating Sabrina. I already got the first stone in Mt. Ember and returned it to the guy, and I'm trying to find the second one he asked for, but when I get to Icefall Cave/Four Island, the item ball for Waterfall has been replaced with an ice rock that I am guessing evolves Eevee. When I went searching this thread for help, I found something that said Oak would give me the HM for Waterfall, but he isn't saying anything to me other than the usual.

Sorry if this is confusing but any help would be appreciated! I'm still loving this game! I finally figured out how to go to Rainbow Colosseum (whoops, but I didn't realize you had to actually *talk* to the sailor) and wow, I am REALLY impressed at the scope of this place. You really took advantage of the Sevii Islands, whereas most Fire Red ROM hacks, even the really good ones, just get rid of them altogether. I think this might be my very favorite hack of Fire Red (in terms of ones that don't radically change the setting of the game and still take place in Kanto), and I enjoyed games like YAFRH and Fire Red Advanced a LOT.

(PS: Is that guy complaining about the gym leaders in one of the buildings by the Colosseum who I think he's supposed to be? lmao)

Last edited:
Years
Is there any way to get hidden abilities on Kalos Pokemon? (I'm planning on using Greninja, Talonflame, or Diggersby, but I don't know if getting their hidden abilities is possible or not (I'd only use Diggersby with its Hidden Ability anyway))

Years
  • Seen Dec 20, 2016
Is there any way to get hidden abilities on Kalos Pokemon? (I'm planning on using Greninja, Talonflame, or Diggersby, but I don't know if getting their hidden abilities is possible or not (I'd only use Diggersby with its Hidden Ability anyway))

I don't know if you can catch a wild one with the HA but you can use the Ability Capsule.

Sorry for the multiple posts, but can I possibly get some help on a Trick House puzzle? I'm on the fourth or fifth version of the Trick House, the one with the Strength puzzles. I can get to the password room no problem, but I spent... about four hours trying to figure that one out last night, to no avail. I can figure out that I'm supposed to get a boulder to the top left corner so I can actually read the password, but beyond that, I'm really stuck. Does the bit on the opening sign about not trusting anyone trying to be funny have anything to do with anything? Feel free to ignore this if you don't wanna give out hints, haha.

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 21, 2023
9VsvRr6.png

Found a bug, a Wild Raikou appeared on Kanto with the name of Togekiss with no moves XD
-it's uncatchable but it registers on the Pokedex XD-

Huh, I thought I took out the special from Celio's script. Fixed!

Can I not beat Icefall Cave until postgame? I'm doing the second Sevii Islands quest after beating Sabrina. I already got the first stone in Mt. Ember and returned it to the guy, and I'm trying to find the second one he asked for, but when I get to Icefall Cave/Four Island, the item ball for Waterfall has been replaced with an ice rock that I am guessing evolves Eevee. When I went searching this thread for help, I found something that said Oak would give me the HM for Waterfall, but he isn't saying anything to me other than the usual.

Sorry if this is confusing but any help would be appreciated! I'm still loving this game! I finally figured out how to go to Rainbow Colosseum (whoops, but I didn't realize you had to actually *talk* to the sailor) and wow, I am REALLY impressed at the scope of this place. You really took advantage of the Sevii Islands, whereas most Fire Red ROM hacks, even the really good ones, just get rid of them altogether. I think this might be my very favorite hack of Fire Red (in terms of ones that don't radically change the setting of the game and still take place in Kanto), and I enjoyed games like YAFRH and Fire Red Advanced a LOT.

(PS: Is that guy complaining about the gym leaders in one of the buildings by the Colosseum who I think he's supposed to be? lmao)

You might have found out already, but yes, it is where the final Sevii Islands' quest starts. Oak should give you the HM after you defeat the Elite Four. I've made it a bit more clear in the version I am holding as this is a big source of confusion for many players.

The Sevii Islands really are great for making expansions and not making them feel too incongruous. I still have plans of expanding the place. :P
I'm honored! Thoroughly enjoyed YAFRH as well. :D

Heheh, I think it fits for an NPC.

as I can access the seven island
the sailor ferry leaves me to go seven island

Seven Island can be accessed once you disband Team Rocket in the Sevii Islands. In order for you to disband them, you need Waterfall (obtained after defeating Elite Four).

I've edited the messages a bit for the next version because a lot of people seemed confused by this. I'm confident it is clearer now. :)

I don't know if you can catch a wild one with the HA but you can use the Ability Capsule.

Sorry for the multiple posts, but can I possibly get some help on a Trick House puzzle? I'm on the fourth or fifth version of the Trick House, the one with the Strength puzzles. I can get to the password room no problem, but I spent... about four hours trying to figure that one out last night, to no avail. I can figure out that I'm supposed to get a boulder to the top left corner so I can actually read the password, but beyond that, I'm really stuck. Does the bit on the opening sign about not trusting anyone trying to be funny have anything to do with anything? Feel free to ignore this if you don't wanna give out hints, haha.

No problem at all. In that puzzle, you need to make a line of boulders in the top left corner (of 3, 4, or 5 I think) to create a platform, so to speak, that lets you interact with the password notebook.

The sign has nothing to do with the puzzle. It was just added so that people wouldn't take the terribly written jokes seriously. :P

Caught a Gale Wings Fletchling, so I think I got myself my answer.

On a side note, what's the Enigma Stone? Does it evolve Trade Evolutions or something?

Yeah. There is no hidden ability system yet, so what would normally be their hidden ability (if it's good) is instead their second ability most of the time.

You can think of the Enigma Stone as a second Trade Stone for weaker Pokemon and those with weird evolution methods that have nothing to do with level. Enigma Stone evolves Phantump, Pumpkaboo, Swirlix, Karrablast, etc. These Pokemon are, relatively, very weak for mid-game battles, before the Trade Stone is obtained.

Back