• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
darkprince909 said:
I dont remember ever having that problem on my rom when i messed with pallet town. maybe your rom is glitched?

Strange...apparently my rom is glitched, because I tried it on a rom that was absolutely clean and everything was fine...

the only difference between the clean rom and the ones i had the problem on is the fact that I had inserted tiles into the ones that didn't work...

Does anyone know what I could have done to cause this problem by inserting new tiles (and palettes)?? Has anyone who has inserted tiles into FR have this problem in Palette town?

Paupir

Dreamer
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 7, 2015
Two problems I've run into which are tool specific:

1.) Using the NSL Editor to create a library of sprites consisting of 9 frames (0-8) I can create an Overworld with the necessary order of frames to walk around normally. However, when importing the library over a certain existing sprite set (In my case, I was trying the Regi OWs), it replaces all the frames with just one of the images. It does this even if I try to import one .bmp at a time, too.

On the other hand, if I replace a sprite that I know already walks around, it works perfectly.

So my question is: what is the difference between the two? I couldn't see anything notable in any of the data. Is it possible to make the Regirock OW entry the same as a normal person that can walk around using different frames?

One other thing caught my eye- when I imported an image over the Regirock, the other two changed as well (Though they had different palettes so were a bit messed up). I guess this is just because they point to the same image and use different palettes.

2.) Is there any research on getting a new evolutionary item to work available? It's kinda at the top of my list so that I can virtually have event triggered evolutions.

Years
  • Seen Apr 21, 2012
Is there anyway to get National Dex at the start of the game? (I'm editing the names of the pokemon with thenewpoketext and inserting different sprites)

I've tried patching the game with an AR code, but it only works until I edit the pokemon names.

Help anyone?

Edit: This is for Pokemon Diamond

Years
  • Seen Jun 27, 2012
Is it possible to add Pokemon from all generations into Fire Red? If not, then is it possible to do so with Platinum?

Paupir

Dreamer
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 7, 2015
Is it possible to add Pokemon from all generations into Fire Red? If not, then is it possible to do so with Platinum?

It is possible, as Diego pointed out above.

It's an R&D thread and the methods in it require some use of ASM. Give it a go if you think it's worth the trouble :P

Edit: Double post O_O My internet farted

Last edited:
Years
I have a quick question. I have just started rom hacking, and I ran into a problem. Since I am useing Fire Red, Jhoto and Hoen pokemon aren't counted on the start screen, and more importantly, cannot evolve. Is there a way to fix this. Please be as discriptive as possable, as Iam still new at this.

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
I have a quick question. I have just started rom hacking, and I ran into a problem. Since I am useing Fire Red, Jhoto and Hoen pokemon aren't counted on the start screen, and more importantly, cannot evolve. Is there a way to fix this. Please be as discriptive as possable, as Iam still new at this.
in your script put "special 0x16F" that activates the National Dex.

Years
  • Seen Apr 21, 2012
Update: Fixed the problem I was having. I forgot to update another .xml file alongside the pokedex pokemon.

Years
in your script put "special 0x16F" that activates the National Dex.

Thanks for the help, but could you possably give me the code I need to put into advance map to activate the event when I would normally get the Kanto pokedex, but make it so I would receve the National one insted? I'm sorry I have to ask this of you, but I have spent hours trying to script with progress at all.

Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2013
hey iv started really getting into hacking and i have come across a problem. im inserting new OW sprites from diamond. im using NSE for this. i finally figured it out how to replace old ones with new ones. I used the same background colour as the normal sprites (olive green sorta). However now that i have used the sprite in advance map it still has the olive green background colour around the sprite. see picture to see what i mean.

anyone no how to fix it?

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
hey iv started really getting into hacking and i have come across a problem. im inserting new OW sprites from diamond. im using NSE for this. i finally figured it out how to replace old ones with new ones. I used the same background colour as the normal sprites (olive green sorta). However now that i have used the sprite in advance map it still has the olive green background colour around the sprite. see picture to see what i mean.

anyone no how to fix it?

That's because the background colour isn't the first colour in the palette so it's not transparent. To fix it, edit the palette so the background colour is the first colour.

Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2013
thanks i will try that :D

@pokepal17, cheers for the help i got that part working, now the next problem is when i insert another picture for the next frame. all the overworlds i have are pictures. i have done the front view and now i have just input the picture for next view/frame (behind view) and now the first frame has gone all funny. like the colours are all messed up. the pallet is the same but within the picture the colours are all messed up. know what i mean?

Last edited:

Paupir

Dreamer
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 7, 2015
thanks i will try that :D

@pokepal17, cheers for the help i got that part working, now the next problem is when i insert another picture for the next frame. all the overworlds i have are pictures. i have done the front view and now i have just input the picture for next view/frame (behind view) and now the first frame has gone all funny. like the colours are all messed up. the pallet is the same but within the picture the colours are all messed up. know what i mean?

Make sure you're using the same palette order too. For example, you had to re-order the palette to set the background transparency colour, right? You want to make sure the index of each colour is the same between frames.

Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2013
hmmm, yea i see what you mean and i have tried that. for example i inserted the new diamond ow sprite (front view) then changed the transparency colour which is suposed to be the first colour in the list. and that all worked fine. then for the next frame i made sure that the colour pallet was identical and it was. then i inserted the next image in the frame first by loading just the image in. after that the colour was still messed up on this frame. then tried to import the pallet with the image and the first frame went all funny again and the pallet changes. does this mean that all the pallet between the first and second image are different? if so would i have to go back into Photoshop/MS Paint and change the pallet?

Edit: i think i figured it out! cheers

Edit2: turns out i didnt figure it out. any other ideas?

Last edited:

Paupir

Dreamer
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 7, 2015
if so would i have to go back into Photoshop/MS Paint and change the pallet?

Yep. Here's an example in GIMP (The program I use)

i56.tinypic.com/2cnd029.png

And then the next frame

i51.tinypic.com/26031is.png

-Again, even if you have the same colours in both palettes, they'll show up wrong between frames if each colour isn't in the same order. Hope that helps.

Years
  • Seen Apr 13, 2014
in my region, there's a mountain so tall that the top is above the clouds. i have a tower on the summit, and i was planning on simulating entering a cloud by using one of the fog effects. however, the priority for the fog is set to only cover the bottom layer of tiles, so other parts of the map like my trees and parts of the tower arent covered and it looks bad. i need to know how to change the priority for the fog so that it covers all the tiles on the screen. its okay if it also covers the hero.

ive searched all over. i found a couple people talk about doing this, and they said it is possible, but i cannot for the life of me find how to do it or how i should even start.

thanks in advance

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
in my region, there's a mountain so tall that the top is above the clouds. i have a tower on the summit, and i was planning on simulating entering a cloud by using one of the fog effects. however, the priority for the fog is set to only cover the bottom layer of tiles, so other parts of the map like my trees and parts of the tower arent covered and it looks bad. i need to know how to change the priority for the fog so that it covers all the tiles on the screen. its okay if it also covers the hero.

ive searched all over. i found a couple people talk about doing this, and they said it is possible, but i cannot for the life of me find how to do it or how i should even start.

thanks in advance

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=228808&highlight=weather

The problem hasn't been solved yet, but I'm going to look into it and post a response there.

EDIT: Err... I got it to cover all tiles, but now it's covering the other OAMs and thus making them invisible. :\

EDIT2: 083C67F5: Fog Weather Priority Byte. Change it to 04.

EDIT3: 083A377B: Overworld Priority Byte. Change it to 00.

So this then leads to the problem that the overworlds no longer obey the tile laws, and just walk on top of everything. :\ As far as I can tell, there is no way around this. :(

Last edited:
Years
Could someone do me a favor? I am makeing a Pokemon game off the rom of fire red. Unfortuneatly, that means that non-kanto pokemon can't evolve. Could someone give me the code I could put in advance map to make him give me the national dex when he would normally give me the kanto dex, while still keeping his other functions normal? I know the script has to have special 0x16F in it to give me the dex, but every time I try to script, it ends out badly...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back