• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
Does using Join avenue shops to level up pokemon Effect my pokemons IV? Also does it effect the stat points upon leveling up?

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 21, 2021
Trying to complete the pokedex (unova) and I need to find the following (just see them):

skitty, vullaby, pansage, yanmega

Anyone know where I can find these guys in-game, such as a trainer that would have them?

holdmykidney

Riddled with pokerus
Years
Trying to complete the pokedex (unova) and I need to find the following (just see them):

Anyone know where I can find these guys in-game, such as a trainer that would have them?

Not sure about the rest, but there is a patch of grass west of the day-care center where yanmega can be found in rustling grass (rarely)

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years

Which version do you have? You can't see Skitty in Black 2 and you can't see Vullaby in White 2. Wild Pansage can be found in Shaking grass in Lostlorn and Pinwheel Forest and wild Yanmega can be found in shaking grass on Route 3.

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 21, 2021
Which version do you have? You can't see Skitty in Black 2 and you can't see Vullaby in White 2. Wild Pansage can be found in Shaking grass in Lostlorn and Pinwheel Forest and wild Yanmega can be found in shaking grass on Route 3.

Black 2; I was just hoping some trainer AI in-game had it that I could see in a battle, since I saw delcatty and mandibuzz from them.

vaporeon7

Years
Black 2; I was just hoping some trainer AI in-game had it that I could see in a battle, since I saw delcatty and mandibuzz from them.

Well Vullaby can be caught on Route 23 in Black 2. But you can't see Skitty in Black 2. I suggest approaching the Trade Corner for one. Or if you can't find one quick enough, I can give you one.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Will you still be able to transfer your Pokemon from the Dream Radar even if you haven't started a new game from your BW2 copy?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I don't think the Dream Radar is limited to one game cart. Its by the System and allows you to link up with the 4th Generation carts. If I had two copies I could test it out, but as far as I remember, Dream Radar didn't require a syncing.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Well to be more specific, I still haven't started playing my White 2 copy, but will the Pokemon transfer from the Dream Radar to the game still work despite that? Will they be safe in my PC box?

Years
  • Seen Mar 11, 2014
I have Black 2

I am trying to breed a Dratini with Adamant Nature and Perfect IV's in attack

I have a Male Dratini with outstanding potential, and "fantastic" attack, its characteristic is "Proud of its power." And it has an Adamant Nature.

I also have a Female Dratini with "Relatively Superior" potential, and "fantastic" attack, its characteristic is also "Proud of its power." And it's nature is also Adamant.

I know the female has to hold an everstone to pass down the nature to its egg,

I was wondering if I should equip the male with a Power Bracer. I know Power Bracer passes down its holders Attack IV's, but I am not sure how it works exactly. Does Power Bracer ONLY grantee that its best stat will be its attack? Or does it pass down the parents attack stat exactly how it is, "fantastic" which means a pokemon will not hatch with a "it can't better" attack unless the parent too has a "can't be better" attack stat. In other words, all of thee eggs will have a "fantastic" attack stat only.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I have Black 2

I am trying to breed a Dratini with Adamant Nature and Perfect IV's in attack

I have a Male Dratini with outstanding potential, and "fantastic" attack, its characteristic is "Proud of its power." And it has an Adamant Nature.

I also have a Female Dratini with "Relatively Superior" potential, and "fantastic" attack, its characteristic is also "Proud of its power." And it's nature is also Adamant.

I know the female has to hold an everstone to pass down the nature to its egg,

I was wondering if I should equip the male with a Power Bracer. I know Power Bracer passes down its holders Attack IV's, but I am not sure how it works exactly. Does Power Bracer ONLY grantee that its best stat will be its attack? Or does it pass down the parents attack stat exactly how it is, "fantastic" which means a pokemon will not hatch with a "it can't better" attack unless the parent too has a "can't be better" attack stat. In other words, all of thee eggs will have a "fantastic" attack stat only.
The Power Bracer simply guarantees that the holder's Attack IV will be passed down.

Years
  • Seen Mar 11, 2014
So does that mean that there is absolutely no chance I would be able to hatch a Dratini with perfect Attack IV's, with the Male Dratini I am currently using, if it holds the Power Bracer?

vaporeon7

Years
So does that mean that there is absolutely no chance I would be able to hatch a Dratini with perfect Attack IV's, with the Male Dratini I am currently using, if it holds the Power Bracer?

Yes, if the Dratini that holds the Bracer does not have 31 IVs in Attack, then the offspring cannot have 31 IVs in attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back